Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ What Happened ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Sin look what you did!” Fate yelled as they ran out to where the bus had been a few moments ago. It was the end of the day, and because Sin had gotten into a fight and took so long, the bus left without them.
 
“I can't believe you Sin!” Envy growled as she neared tears.
 
“I'm sorry.” Sin said as she dropped down on to the curb a guilty look on her face. “I'm sorry, really sorry ok.”
 
“You couldn't just let it go this time?!” Envy asked as she stomped her foot in frustration.
 
“I was standing up for you, so don't start that again!” Sin yelled as she stood up and faced her friend.
 
“She's right Envy.” Fate said as she looked at the two girls calmly.
 
Envy looked away knowing Sin and Fate were right, but she just wouldn't apologize for it. They had missed the bus and they now had to walk home, and it was Sin's fault. “It's still her fault.” Envy said glaring at Sin.
 
“Fine, Envy, next time you're in trouble I hope to God Fate is there, because I won't lift a finger for you.” Sin growled out, as she stepped toward her with an ominous aura around her. “You better just hope I'm not the person coming for you, because our code says we don't interfere when we fight each other.”
 
Envy stepped back looking like a deer caught in headlights. “You wouldn't…”
 
“I would and you know it, so back off.” Sin said as she started walking away.
 
“Sin!” Fate yelled after her, when Sin didn't stop Fate shook her head and glared at Envy. “Now she's going to do something dumb! I can't believe her! I can't believe you!”
 
“I know…” Envy said as they followed her towards home. “I'll say sorry…”
 
“She won't accept it now.” Fate said. “Now you just have to wait for her to calm down and forgive you on her own. She past reason now…”
 
 
The whole walk home was absolutely silent between Fate and Envy; Sin was too far ahead to care if they said anything. Once home Sin walked up to her room changed into baggie jeans, a black top, and a bandanna; then walked out of the house, only stopping to hug Leo swinging him in a circle when he showed her his art project, she had shown him how to drawl a simple dragon that's what he did, and he painted it in her favorite colors, saying it was for her.
 
Sin walked down the street just wanting to get away from the people that she considered family, and those who she considered friends. Fate, Envy, and Leo where family, the kids were friends, well they were as much of a friend as two little boys could be to a teenaged girl, and the old couple they were nice, but they were just people she was stuck with till she graduated high school.
 
Unlike Envy and Leo, and like Fate, Sin knew her parents. Fate's were killed in a care accident, but Sin wasn't that lucky. Her parents were murdered because they were simply on the street at the wrong time, Sin was with them, but the murder took pity on her, something that she never accepted ever again. Pity was for the weak little girl she was, the seven-year-old girl who broke down crying, and didn't do anything to save her parents.
 
Sin stopped and slipped into an alley as the memory took a hold of her heart and squeezed relentlessly, intent on killing her. She was thankful that everyone who walked by was in a hurry and didn't see her, or just plainly didn't care at all about some teenager in an alley. She clenched her eyes shut, but that didn't stop the tears from falling from her eyes.
 
“Sin?” A voice said from in front of her.
 
“Go away…” Sin said as she opened her eyes to glare at the person. “Angelus, go away.” She specified.
 
“Don't cry…” Angelus said from his spot leaning on the wall opposite of her.
 
Sin wiped the tears from her eyes and cheeks simply saying “Leave me alone.”
 
Angelus walked up to her and hugged her. “Later, but right now I think you need me.”
 
“I don't need your pity.” Sin said quietly as she hugged him back, tears appearing back on her cheeks. She didn't know why she hugged him, but she did. Maybe it was because it was just nice to have someone care, or she just thought that it'd make her feel better, but what ever the reason she was happy that he didn't tense up, or push her away, or say something that made her feel awkward.
 
“I'm not offering my pity, Sin. I'm here to offer any comfort I can by letting you cry, holding you, and, if you want, letting you tell me what's wrong, that's it, that's all I have to offer. I'm not going to say it'll be ok, because I don't know what's wrong, or if I can fix it in any way. I'm not going to say I'm sorry, because I'm not; I have nothing to be sorry for. I'm just someone that's here for you, so you know someone at least cares about you.” Angelus said rubbing her back lightly. “So you know that you don't have to cry alone in an alley, or alone anywhere for that matter, that you can come and barrow me, have me hold you while you cry, so unload your problems on me, no strings attached.”
 
Sin's tears had slowed, and she felt slightly better because of what he said. It's what she needed, for someone to be there for her that wouldn't feel sorry for her, that wouldn't pity her. “Thank you…”
 
“It's no problem, Sin.” Angelus said she stepped back and he let his arms drop down to his sides after she let hers drop from around him. “Just remember that I'm always around.”
 
“I will.” Sin said with a slight nod, as she wiped the last of her tears from her cheeks. “And though I'm sure you'll think it sounds really corny, hell I think it sounds corny, but I'm here too, if you ever need me, no strings attached.”
 
“It does sound corny, but thanks none the less.” Angelus said with a half smile as they walked out onto the sidewalk.
 
“So where were you heading?” Sin asked as they walked down the street.
 
“No where, just walking.” Angelus said with a shrug. “I was looking for a distraction, I found one, I was hoping for a happy distraction, but you know what they say work with what you have, right?”
 
“Yeah I guess…” Sin said as she looked around a little.
 
“What were you going to do before that happened back there?” Angelus asked looking over at her, catching her gaze till she looked in front of her.
 
“I was just going for a walk, to get my mind off my friends.” Sin said with a shrug. “Needless to say, it worked, but not the way I wanted it to.”
 
“What happened?” Angelus asked, careful to avoid asking why she was crying right out.
 
“I got in a fight with someone that was picking on Envy, and we missed the bus. Envy got mad at me, totally jumping over the fact that if she could stand up to someone who says hurtful things I wouldn't have punched the dude, and wouldn't have been given a bruise the size of Nevada, and we wouldn't have missed the bus. All in all I threatened her, and have no intention of forgiving her till I'm good and ready, which might or might not be before I get a chance to carry out my threat.”
 
“What did he say that made her not be able to stand up for her self?” Angelus asked; the way he said it made it clear that she could tell him to back off anytime.
 
“Without going into detail he called her a punk whore.” Sin said bitterly. “He moved the middle of last year; he used to go to our old school, back when we were major Punks close to dropping out of school, and just living off the cash we could make in the gang. I mean, yeah, it really hits you where it hurts but I just ignore it, or beat the poor fool who insulted me. Fate's the same way, though she never had to beat the guy or girl, a threat always sent them running. That and the only people who dared to mess with us had major money, so basically they could send us to detention just by bribing the right teacher.”
 
“They feel like they rule all, it's in their nature.” Angelus said with a shrug.
 
“Yeah.” Sin said looking at him for a second before gong back to looking in front of her. “I've been called worse then a whore, I just never cared. Envy need's others approval, I don't think she's been herself a day in her life.”
 
“Some people are like that, but you can't change them. Envy couldn't make you care what people thought of you, and you can't make Envy stop caring.” Angelus said with a shrug.
 
“Yeah I know; I just don't understand it.” Sin said as they came to a stop and sat at a table outside a small coffee shop. “Why be fake?”
 
“Because it helps some people, sometimes…” Angelus said leaning the chair back on the two back legs.
 
“No.” Sin said quietly shaking her head.
 
“Hmm?” Angelus asked looking at her, resting the chair on all four legs.
 
“No.” Sin said louder, glaring at him. “It doesn't help, ever. It makes everything worse.” Sin lowered her glare to the table away from his knowing gaze. “It makes you sick of yourself. After awhile you become numb, and every time you smile it gets that much harder, but nobody but you can tell how fake you really are.”
 
“I take it this information is from personal experience.” Angelus asked.
 
“It is.” Sin said looking up at him. “Just tell me one thing.”
 
“What?”
 
“Do you believe what you said?” Sin asked looking into his eyes, to make sure he didn't lie, or just tell her what he thought she wanted to hear.
 
“No I don't. I know that numb feeling you're talking about.” Angelus said holding her gaze evenly. “You just walk through your day, it hurts to smile, you hate yourself, and you can't help the lies that spill from your mouth so easily. Sometimes you just want to scream, to see if anyone would notice, that you weren't happy, or if they'd just look at you and joke around some more, or tell you about a party, like you hadn't made a sound.”
 
Sin nodded and looked to the side at the people who were walking by. “I just stopped being happy one day. Finally realizing my parents wouldn't want me to be this unhappy, just for the sake that I wanted people to think I was normal.” Sin said venom dripping off the words that she used to fake so well for so many years. “They all thought I was sick. They thought I was mad at them. Once I told them off, they looked at me the only way that I hate more then pity; like they could relate. They really couldn't, not one of them. They really were happy; none of them were fake like me.” Sin looked at Angelus a hint of pleading in her eyes, like she was asking him to understand, it was hard to see, but it was there. “I hated them for it too. I hated them because they were happy, but after a while I realized that I shouldn't hate them for being happy.”
 
“Why?” Angelus asked. “Why shouldn't you have hated them for the simple fact that they had something that you couldn't?”
 
“Because I had a new reason…” Sin said as she looked at the people who were running around to keep up with their lives as she slowed down to share hers with someone one she had just met that morning. “I hated them because they weren't really my friends they were apparently just pretending. They pitied me because they had heard from somewhere that my parents had been killed. When I had started junior high no one had known because they had moved me to a new city, I think they said something along the lines of “it was in my best interest”. But either way it was my first year of high school when this happened so they had plenty of time to find this out. The girl who I though was my best friend told me about how my old friends weren't really my friends at all when I declined her offer to go back to the group, I think what really set her off was that I did so in front of all her friends, I say her friends because at that time none of them had even said hi to me.”
 
“So what happened after that?” Angelus asked her.
 
“The next day, about half of the football team beat me up.” Sin said stiffly. “I got kicked out of the school, because I turned a knife that was pulled on me, on to a guy who was holding me down. They had put the knife in my arm, they were going to let me bleed to death while they hurried it along by beating me up, I pulled it out and put it in what I thought was his shoulder. Turns out I hit his heart, dead bull's eye. He died a minute or two later. I didn't find out what I did till five days later, when I woke up. She wanted them to beat me till I couldn't move, because I made a fool of her, and she was going to do one better.”
 
“Who called the police?”
 
“Fate, she was already a punk then, she was getting ready to move, and she was an orphan too. The police later decided to move me to the orphanage she was going to. She had happened upon the scene and saw me put the knife in him.” Sin said looking at Angelus. “My nickname was originally going to be sendo, Japanese for death, but I opted for sin, I had committed one that I'll never be forgiven for. The charges against me were dropped do to self-defense, and everyone that beat me up was sent to jail, or juvy, depending on what I could remember about my attack, and how old they were.”
 
“Well at least they got what they deserved.” Angelus said looking around then back at her.
 
“Not all of them.” Sin said shaking her head. “That one guy didn't deserve to die, after all I did live. Also because of lack of evidence that girl got away scot-free. She should have been arrested for hiring them to beat me the point that I was out for that long, I think they explained it as attempted murder. They thought for the first two days I wouldn't make it, but I slowly started to recover from it. I would have returned the favor if they hadn't moved me so fast, I think the police knew I would so they got me out of there the second the trails was over. Once I became a Punk, when I was back to my full health, they offered to get her for me; I turned them down but had them deliver two letters for me instead. One was to someone I used to talk to now and again, she was still my friend after I had lost all my others, and the other to that girl. I still remember hers word for word.”
 
“What did it say?” Angelus asked they got up as an older couple walked out of the coffee shop and looked at the table next to them that was covered in trash. They nodded to the couple who thanked them, and then walked down the street.
 
“Dear Jean, I hope you enjoyed my torment, I did. I thank you for your failed attempt to send me to my parents. I also thank you for making sure I'll never make it to heaven, I don't think I would want to see my parents ashamed faces. I'm sorry I killed your boyfriend, but now you can go on with the girl you were cheating on him with. Just to let you know I sent this information, along with the girls name and a picture of you two kissing, you know the one that you kept in your locker that “went missing”, to the biggest gossip in school.
“Just to let you know, I'm going to get you for what you did to me, even though I thank you for it. My pride will not allow me to let you get away with it. I just want to let you know that I pity you, because once everyone finds out your secret you're going to loose a lot of friends, because you made the rule that only straight people could be popular. I wonder just how many are really your friends and will still let you be popular. I don't know what I'm going to do to you, but this is the start of it all. I hope you have a wonderfully lousy life. Sincerely the demon you made, Sin.” Sin said not once stopping to think, proving that she really did know what the letter said word for word.
 
“Do you know what happened to her after that?” Angelus asked looking at her through the corner of his eye.
 
“She never told anyone about the letter I sent her from what I know. After a while everything got too much for her and she slit her wrists. It turns out she didn't have one true friend; they all avoided her like the plague, even the girl she was with. She lived, but she got hooked on drugs, and is now still in rehab from what I know.” Sin said, and then looked at him to catch his reaction, wanting to know if he thought any less of her now.
 
“Do you still want revenge?” Angelus asked looking her in the eye as he stopped causing her to stop too.
 
“I got my revenge.” Sin said calmly as she looked at him. “I ruined her life; I did what I sought out to do. She abandoned me when I needed a friend most, she had half the foot ball team beat me up, and it's her fault I killed someone. All her friends abandoned her, she beat herself up, basically, and eventually she'll probably kill herself, if she doesn't, then she still has to live with the fact that she's the reason her boyfriend was killed.”
 
“Does any of it make you feel better at all?” Angelus asked as they started walking again.
 
“No, but I didn't do it to feel better, I did it because I wanted revenge. I wanted to show her what she did to me felt like.” Sin said shaking her head. “I did eventually get what she had till I took it from her. Happiness. I slowly warmed up to Fate and then Envy came and I warmed up to her too. We joked around, had fun. The best part was that I wasn't fake anymore. When I smiled it was real, and I didn't numb anymore.”
 
“Sin!” Envy yelled running up to her and Angelus.
 
“What?” Sin said harshly as she turned on her heal and glared at her.
 
“At home…you need to come home!” Envy got out as she tried to catch her breath.
 
“See you later Angelus!” Sin called back as she dragged Envy back home at top speed.