Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ What Will Happen is Happening ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sin woke up drenched in sweat. Her dreams had taken her back in time, to a not so happy memory. Sin's upper arm felt tingly but she knew that was all in her head. It was just because of the dream.
 
It was still too late to officially declare her self awake, so she opted for a glass of milk. She sat up and looked across the room to find that Jean wasn't in her bed. After deciding that the girl could do what she wanted Sin got out of bed and headed down stairs.
 
Once in the kitchen Sin found out where Jean was. She was at the table with a glass of water in front of her.
 
“I find milk works better.” Sin said as she opened the fridge and put the milk on the counter.
 
“I don't.” Jean said glaring at Sin.
 
“Just a suggestion.” Sin said pouring the milk and putting it away. “Take it or leave it.”
 
“I'll leave it.” Jean snapped.
 
Sin glared at Jean and said, “Look, I don't know what's wrong with you nor do I care, but if I have to be civil to you, you better do the same to me. If you don't I'll make sure you get a sneak peak at least three levels of hell.”
 
Jean shrank back a bit and said as confidently as she could, “Whatever.”
 
Sin shook her head, and started to leave her glass to her lips. She wasn't going to sit around and listen to Jean and her pathetic attempts to be brave.
 
“How do you make it through the day, after everything that has happened to you?” Jean suddenly asked, making Sin stop and turn around. “I want to know…”
 
“I just do, it's hard, but I guess it's just God's way of making me pay.” Sin said after a second of thought.
 
“That's it?” Jean asked a little skeptically, “You just do?”
 
“That's it.” Sin said walking to the sink, finishing the milk, and putting down cup. “I just take it one day at a time. That's all I really can do.”
 
“One more thing… What happened to you that you stopped being the girl that I was best friends with?” Jean asked softly.
 
Sin sat down and said, “I stopped being fake.”
 
“But you were so happy.”
 
Sin gave a short dry laugh before saying, “I didn't know I was so convincing. I thought everyone could tell that I was just acting.”
 
“No everyone thought you were over your parents death, and you were being yourself. No one would have guessed that you were being fake.”
 
“Well, Jean,” Sin started as she stood up, “I did everything in attempt to feel like I was normal, but in all actuality I was just slowly tearing my heart to shreds. Every smile, but one or two, was fake. Smiling and being bright and happy had become such a chore, that I just stopped.”
 
“But why give up everything you had?” Jean asked standing up and following her into the living room.
 
“Weren't you listening?” Sin slightly growled not turning to look at Jean. “I wasn't happy so I stopped pretending.”
 
“So you stopped being friends with us?”
 
“I never said I didn't want to be your guys' friend.” Sin said turning and glaring a Jean. “That was all you, and everyone else, I just wanted some space.”
 
“But you were being so mean, and you made a fool of me.” Jean said shaking her head.
 
“So you have the football team kill me?” Sin down right growled. “What the hell is with that logic?!”
 
“I didn't tell them to kill you. Also I told them to take you to the hospital after they dealt with you.”
 
“That's just sick.” Sin said heading for the stairs not wanting to hear anymore from Jean.
 
“Don't walk away from me!” Jean hissed.
 
“I hate you.” Sin said glaring back at Jean. “Leave. Me. Alone. Now.”
 
“You didn't have to kill him you know.” Jean said coldly. “You could have just fended them off with the knife.”
 
“I didn't mean to.” Sin said her emotions going blank. “I just wanted him to go away, and stop hurting me.”
 
Jean glared before storming past her, spitting Sin's words back at her like venom, “What ever you have to tell yourself to be able to sleep at night, Sin.” Jean paused for a moment then glared back over her shoulder and said, “You know that's just what you are, a sin.”
 
Sin looked at the ground as Jean got to the top step not looking back, before glaring up the steps, forgetting sleep all together. Her throat felt tight, either from guilt or hatred, she didn't know, nor did she really care now. Sin walked past the kitchen to the laundry room, and put on a pair of black baggie pant's, a tube top she normally just wore around the house, and a button up top that she just threw on. She walked into the kitchen, after that, and wrote on the pad of paper that Mrs. Nell put up for notes and grocery lists:
 
I'll be back soon don't worry,
Sin
 
 
Then she rushed to the door slipping her black sneakers on, and grabbing her hat and key to the door.
 
Sin walked down the block glaring at the ground. It wasn't fair, in Sin's eyes, that Jean was put in the same place as her. Someone had to do this on purpose. This couldn't just be a coincidence.
 
Sin looked around the disserted street thinking, “If I was still a Punk I wouldn't be alone.” But the fact was that she wasn't a Punk anymore. She had said to Envy, who suddenly realized it was wrong to be in a gang and that they should quit, that she would. She only did this because Fate made her say that she would try, saying what kind of friend would she be if she didn't at least try it out, that and she threw in that she did save her to make her agree. So she promise that she'd try, she owed them so she had to, more for prides sake then anything.
 
Sin looked up to see where she was going and saw someone she didn't want to deal with right now, Angelus. Right at that moment Angelus looked up and noticed her. Something was off though; he didn't have his normal arrogant look he looked kind of tired, like he was just in a big fight.
 
“Hey Sin.” Angelus said with a small half smile. “What are you doing out at the middle of the night?”
 
“Had a bad night, and needed to take a walk.” Sin said as she tried to keep going past him. She didn't want to talk with him.
 
Angelus reached out and grabbed her arm effectively stopping her. “What happened that you had to take a walk?”
 
“It's none of your business.” Sin growled. “Don't preach to me when your out here too. Don't expect me to tell you anything, especially when you probably wouldn't tell me what's wrong with you.”
 
“I've had a rough day, and I got in a fight.” Angelus said moving his jacket out of the way to show a large cut on his side. “Now what's wrong with you? Did they put you and Jean in the same room or something?”
 
“Yeah they did, but that isn't my problem at the moment.” Sin said as her eyes ran over the injury. “Shouldn't you get someone to clean that up? It looks deep…”
 
“I don't care, I've had worse.” Angelus said letting go of his jacket, and lifting her chin so she met his gaze. “Now what are you doing out here so? You shouldn't be, it's not safe.”
 
“I'm just as tough as you are.” Sin said glaring at him. “I'll do what I want.”
 
“Sin, you need to go home.” Angelus said as he looked down the street, to see some guys walking their way. “Right now.”
 
Sin looked at them, then back at Angelus and defiantly said, “No, I don't have to do anything you say.”
 
Angelus glared at her, grabbed her hand, and started walking down the street. “I'm going to get you some where safe, even if I have to carry you. I might be injured but I'm not going to let that stop me from saving you.”
 
“Angelus you're bleeding.” Sin said as she struggled to keep up with his fast pass.
 
“I don't care, keep walking.” Angelus said as he glared back at her.
 
“Angelus stop it!” Sin yelled trying to get him to stop. “Angelus!”
 
“If you don't need my help, then screw it.” Angelus growled letting her go. “I won't help you at all.”
 
“Good you shouldn't.” Sin said as she glared at him. “I don't deserve your help anyway. If anything I probably deserve anything those guys do to me.”
 
“I can't believe you.” Angelus said shaking his head at her as it started to rain. “One girl comes and you want to throw everything you have away.”
 
“You don't know anything Angelus.” Sin almost yelled at him. “I killed someone.”
 
“You were defending yourself.” Angelus defended her because she wouldn't do it herself.
 
“I ruined someone's life!” Sin yelled stepping closer; her tears barely noticeable in the rain
 
“She deserved it, she ruined yours.” Angelus said as he grabbed her upper arms and looked into her eyes pleadingly. “Sin you deserve to be happy. You deserve to love some one, and be loved yourself.”
 
“No.” Sin said shaking her head. “I really don't.”
 
“Sin. Listen to me. I'm not going to leave you alone, no matter what you do or say to me. I'm not going to abandon you when you need me. I'm going to be there for you whether you like it or not.” Angelus said before leaning in and kissing her. “I really like you; I like you so much it's scary to think about it sometimes. I'm won't loose you to anyone, or anything.”
 
Sin looked at him with a pleasantly shocked look, her lips slightly parted. “I can't believe you.”
 
“You better.” Angelus said cupping her cheek in his hand. “Now we need to get a ride to my place.”
 
“Angelus you need to get help.” Sin said looking at the drops of blood on the ground.
 
“I know, but first things first.” Angelus said pulling out his phone. “We need to get out of here.”