Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ Angel Tears ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Angelus you baby!” Sin yelled as she threw the towel she was trying to clean him up with at him.
 
“Just leave me alone, I'll heal eventually.” Angelus said from his spot on his bed.
 
“No I'm not going to leave you alone! I won't sit and watch you be in pain!” Sin insisted as Angelus' brother walked back in the room.
 
“I could tie him up for you before I leave.” Shadow said as he slipped on his jacket. “It's usually how we fix things like that with him. He's always been impossible when it comes to being taken care of.”
 
“No that's alright.” Sin said shaking her head as she followed him to the door. “I'm about to jump to the last resort.”
 
“Which is?” Shadow asked as he looked back at her as he stepped outside.
 
“Make him feel bad, to put it lightly.” Sin said with a shrug. “I'll see you later.”
 
“See ya.” Shadow said before heading off. He could tell she was worried sick about him, and she wanted to cry for him, because god knows Angelus wouldn't cry for himself. She would accomplish making him feel bad, but she wouldn't do this by acting.
 
Sin walked back into Angelus' room and looked at him her eyes holding a sad look to them. “Angelus just let me clean ya up.”
 
“No.” Angelus said standing up, but he did so too quickly hurting himself, and then fell back onto the bed letting out a grunt.
 
“Angelus…” Sin nearly whimpered his name.
 
Angelus looked up at her shocked, she sounded like she wanted to cry. Angelus let out a sigh before saying, “Fine get over here…”
 
Sin smiled a little before walking over and sitting at the head of the bed after Angelus moved there too. “You need to take off your shirt.” Sin said softly as she dipped the washcloth in the bowl of water.
 
Angelus carefully removed it and winced as Sin lightly pushed the wet cloth to his side.
 
“What did you do?” Sin asked as she wiped up the blood around the wound.
 
“I got in a fight, nothing big.” Angelus said shaking his head. “It happens often.”
 
“It wasn't just a fight.” Sin said looking him in the eye as she rinsed the rag off again. “You fought that person for a reason.”
 
“How do you know?” Angelus asked watching her softly.
 
“Because you stopped looking at me.” Sin said looked up at him, and then went back to cleaning the wound. “You can't lie straight to my face apparently.”
 
“I suppose you aren't going to leave me alone till I tell you.” Angelus said as Sin finished cleaning the wound and then pulled out some gauze and some gauze tape
 
“I'll bug you in the morning.” Sin said as she had Angelus hold the gauze in place.
 
“I feel so loved that you're going to wait that long.” Angelus said sarcastically as she finished taping it in place.
 
“You should.” Sin said with a smile.
 
“When are you going to go home?” Angelus asked as Sin sat down so her legs were over the edge of the bed.
 
“Later…” Sin said looking around. “But I'll leave here if you want me to.”
 
“No!” Angelus yelled before he realized it, Sin's head snapped in his direction. After a few seconds he said, “You don't have to go…”
 
Sin smiled and said standing up, “I guess I could stick around and make sure you don't hurt yourself.”
 
“I'll return the favor by keeping you safe.” Angelus said with a smile. “Least I can do seeing as you bandaged me up.”
 
Sin shrugged as she looked around his room again. “I like it, by the way. Your room, it's nice, homey.”
 
“Your room isn't?” Angelus asked as he stood up, carefully this time.
 
“Not really.” Sin said with a shrug. “You know I'm an orphan, right?”
 
“Yeah I do.” Angelus said with a nod.
 
“Well my side of the room isn't that messy but then again I don't have that much stuff. It has papers, some clothes, and a book or two on the ground, you know easy to stuff in to a duffle and leave. Jeans side of the room looks like she's not staying, it's like she's more prepared to leave then me. It's neat and everything, I don't even think she unpacked all the way.” Sin said before looking back at him. “I think that's my fault, but she doesn't help herself any.”
 
“Some people just don't change.” Angelus said as he walked into the living room and sat on the couch. “Sometimes it's a good thing, others it's not.”
 
“You know sometimes I truly wonder if you're real, or you're just a convenient dream.” Sin said sitting down next to him.
 
“I'm real.” Angelus said sitting back. “If I was a convenient dream I wouldn't bug you as much as I do.”
 
“And I wouldn't cry as much.” Sin said looking away from him. “And I'd be able to just hurt you and make you leave me alone.”
 
Angelus pulled her to him and said, “Didn't you hear me? No matter what, I won't leave you. No matter how much you hurt me.”
 
Sin looked up at him for a second before looking away from him. “I'm a waste of your time Angelus. I don't know why you put up with me at all.”
 
“No you're not.” Angelus said rubbing her back. “You'll never be a waste of my time. I have my mind set, and no one's going to make me change it.”
 
“I don't know who's worse, me for staying, or you for wanting me to.” Sin said as she shook her head.
 
“I'd just follow you if you left.”
 
“Your nickname should be Inu not Angelus.” Sin said poking him in the chest.
 
“You went from Latin to Japanese…why?” Angelus asked.
 
“Because I don't think dog suits you and I don't take Latin.” Sin said with a shrug. “I swear though sometimes you remind me of a dog.”
 
“Because I follow you around or because you're a dog person?” Angelus said with a grin.
 
“Stalker!” Sin whined playfully. “I knew you stalked me!”
 
“I do not.” Angelus said with a smile. “I just, fortunately, have a lot of business in your neighborhood is all.”
 
“No Punks in my neighborhood?” Sin asked as she sat up, though Angelus kept his arm around her.
 
“No, none that are still in the gang.” Angelus said with a shrug. “I was told that some people who used to be Punks were going to my school this year, but I didn't think it was you and your friends, till after Fate told me.”
 
“The nickname didn't give it away?” Sin asked.
 
“No I just thought that you had an interesting life.” Angelus said. “Little did I know that it was like it was.”
 
“I'm sick of it.” Sin said shaking her head. “I just want it to go back to normal, or as normal as it was after my parents died.”
 
“You want to be a Punk again?” Angelus asked looking questioningly at her.
 
“Yeah. It was better, it made me feel like I was apart of something.” Sin said with a shrug.
 
“Why'd you give it up then?” Angelus asked curiously.
 
“I did it as a favor to Envy.” Sin said looking down at her lap. “She suddenly realized what we were apart of wasn't right, and that it was wrong. It just hit her one day. I at first just kept saying I didn't care, and that I'd do as I pleased. After a day or two Fate asked me to give it up. Not forever just for a while, you see at first she was on my side too. But she felt bad for Envy, and decided it would be a good thing, I did it because she called on what she did for me that day. For a while I had still said no, but then I gave in. She said that I could go back without owing her anything after the summer.”
 
“Well it's passed summer you could come back.”
 
“No, I helped out the gang in my old town a month in. They needed my help and I thought it would be best if I went with them. They were rookies, and I was supposed to take them anyway. Fate said that I still owed her and that I did more so now and owed Envy, because I got them in trouble too, and we had to move out here.” Sin said with a shrug as she looked in the opposite direction of Angelus. “I don't like to owe people anything, even if they are my friends. I agreed to stay out for the school year just to get them to let it go.”
 
“So pride is stopping you from doing what you want?”
 
“Yeah, it is.”
 
“Screw it.” Angelus said bluntly. “Be a Punk again. Run around and get in trouble with me…we're short a few people here.”
 
Sin leaned into him with a sigh. “I'd love to…”
 
“But…?” Angelus said as he looked away from her, but kept his arm around her.
 
“I can't…” Sin said as she stood up. “I just can't.”
 
“You won't…” Angelus said under his breath.
 
“What?” Sin asked as she turned around and looked at him.
 
“I said it's not that you can't it's that you won't.” Angelus said looking up at her blankly.
 
“Don't get mad at me because I'm not going to join back up.” Sin snapped at him. “It's my choice not yours.”
 
“I know it's not because if it was, you'd be a Punk and by my side, where I know nothing would happen to you, and I'd see you every morning and every night.” Angelus said standing up, ignoring the pain. “Maybe then you wouldn't cry so much, and it wouldn't tare my heart out to see you so sad, because of some stupid girl! And you wouldn't have to act tough, because it would be a well known fact! Maybe then you'd let down your walls for me, without crying your heart out.”
 
Sin glared at him for a while before walking towards the door saying, “I'm leaving.”
 
“Sin come back here.” Angelus said grabbing her arm.
 
“You can't keep me here.” Sin growled at him, not looking back. “I'm leaving.”
 
“Sin don't leave me here…” Angelus said barely above a whisper, his black hair hiding his eyes from view as he let go of her. “Please don't leave me like everyone else Sin.”
 
Sin turned and looked back at him with a shocked look on her face. She never expected him to be so lonely. “Angelus?”
 
Angelus hugged Sin, barring his head into her shoulder. “Sin, right now I need you…Like those times you needed me…”
 
Sin nodded as she held him. “Angelus are you going to tell me what's wrong?”
 
Angelus shook his head saying, “Later…”
 
“Ok Angel.” Sin said as they sat down moved so Sin was in Angelus's lap and he was up against the couch. “My Angel…”
 
Angelus held her closer when she said that, no one ever called him Angel. He never let anyone call him Angel, but from her it was ok, he'd let her call him Angel, only her. He didn't tell her what was wrong because he didn't want her to hear him; she would be able to tell he was crying, though she could probably tell because there was a wet spot from his tears. He didn't cry often and he certainly didn't cry in front of others, so this was a first.
 
Sin could tell he was crying, but she didn't say anything. He did the same for her. She didn't think that he'd cry honestly, but he seemed like he needed to let it all go, whatever it was. Sin didn't like close contact but she didn't care with him. It just seemed right to let him hold her close.