Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ Haven in the Dark and Tears of a Sin ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Come on Sin, baby, we have somewhere to be!” Angelus called from his motorcycle.
 
“Here I am, keep your pants on.” Sin said as she ran up, and put her bag in one of the compartments on the side of his motorcycle. “What's the hurry that you had to pick me up an hour before school?”
 
“You'll see. Skirt in the bag?” Angelus said as Sin got on putting on her helmet that he handed her. She was wearing a pair of jean shorts, definitely not school appropriate.
 
“Yeah, no way am I riding this thing in a skirt. Which by the way I still say the skirts are too short and was thought up by guys who wanted to see teenaged girls in them.” Sin said as Angelus started it up and took off.
 
Once at school Angelus led Sin around back, after she put her skirt over her shorts and then took off the shorts, to where a large group was. Sin tensed up these were all the punks in the school, and a few that probably graduated or dropped out, except the one in the front who looked to be in his late twenties, he no doubt was one of the co-leaders of the Punks and leader of the group in front of her. Angelus noticed Sin tense up but by the looks of it no one else did, and for that he was glad, Nightmare would have pointed it out and it wouldn't have been easy on Sin.
 
“Sin nice to finally meet you.” Nightmare said holding out his hand. “I'm Nightmare.”
 
“Nice to meet you too.” Sin said, her natural ease to these situations coming back, as she shook his hand. Nightmare was like Zeal, her old leader; he was very proper which wouldn't be the truth on a job where he would probably turn into a sadistic type guy. Nightmare was in a black suit his hair done nicely.
 
“I've heard a lot about you from Zeal. You're a very loyal person, and one of the best he had considering your age and rank.” Nightmare said as he let go of her hand and looked her over. “This uniform is not becoming of you though.”
 
“Tell me about it.” Sin said with a light laugh.
 
“Well I suppose we can't properly judge you till we can see what you can do, and we definitely can't do that with you in a skirt.” Nightmare said with a grin. “I'll be seeing you at Haven in the Dark. That goes for the rest of you too!”
 
Everybody said that they would be there in their own way and then departed. Nightmare gave her a nod before walking off. “Invite your friends; they're welcome even if they don't want to join back up.”
 
Sin watched Nightmare walk off and then grinned at Angelus. “I'm in!”
 
“Yeah Sin it looks that way.” Angelus said with a smile. “I'll take you home, and then me and Shadow will be back with his car for Envy and Fate, and my motorcycle for me and you. Also tell Fate that Phoenix will be there tonight, and tell Envy Jo will be there.”
 
Sin hugged Angelus and smiled up at him. “This is a start.”
 
“Yeah.” Angelus said hugging her back. “It's a start.”
 
“Angel you going to tell me why you needed me last night?” Sin said her smiling dropping instantly at the question she had thought up so suddenly.
 
Angelus looked away from her and halfheartedly shrugged, “Tonight…”
 
“Tell me now or don't tell me at all.” Sin said shaking her head. “Because you don't have to tell me at all if you don't want.”
 
Angelus looked down at her for a second before looking away again. “A lot of people have left me in my life; either made me leave them or left me before they should have. My parents kicked me out, my other brother died for the gang, my sister; my little sister that I used to take care of because my parents wouldn't was killed because she knew me.” Angelus looked back at Sin and then continued, “I thought you were going to leave me, and then probably do something stupid that I wouldn't be able to stop you from doing.”
 
“Like what?” Sin asked looking down at the ground.
 
“Like run.” Angelus said watching for her reaction. “And never come back to me…”
 
Sin looked up at him and then looked off to the side moving away from him, “Probably…”
 
Angelus moved so he was back near her and said, “It doesn't matter now though, you didn't leave.”
 
Sin looked up at him and nodded. “And I won't.”
 
~
 
Fate and Envy had agreed to come to the club, under the one condition that they wouldn't be talked into joining back up with the gang. Sin was currently dancing with Angelus, Fate was with Phoenix, and Envy had found someone to dance with though Sin hadn't figured out whom.
 
“I like this.” Angelus said with a grin as he kissed the spot right under her ear.
 
“You would.” Sin said with a laugh as she pushed her back more firmly against him.
 
“Oh admit it you love dancing with me.” Angelus breathed into her ear. “You love that you can be so close to me with no questioning looks from people.”
 
Sin turned and looked at him as they grinded and moved to the music. “You just like it because you have an excuse to hold on to me.”
 
“That's the truth but you didn't answer my question.” Angelus said with a smirk. “What, are you embarrassed to answer?”
 
“No way. I just didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying the guy behind you is hotter then you, and by the looks is a better dancer.” Sin said with a grin.
 
“Then tell me you want to leave and dance with him.” Angelus said looking down at her with an “I dare you” look.
 
“I want to dance with the hot guy behind you.” Sin said daringly with a smirk.
 
“Liar.” Angelus breathed as he lightly glared down at her with a smirk to match hers.
 
“You know me so well.” Sin said with a small laugh and a nod. “How'd you figure it out, there really could have been some hot guy behind you.”
 
“One: I had to drag you out here, and two: you hate to dance to begin with.” Angelus stated in a “as matter of fact” tone. “That's how I knew.”
 
“Angelus, Nightmare needs to speak with you and Sin.” A guy said coming up to them. “And he said that he means now, not in a minute, now.”
 
“Well then here we come.” Angelus said letting go of Sin's hips and grabbing on to her hand before leading her over to the stairs that led up to the V.I.P. room.
 
“Angelus, Sin I need a favor from you.” Nightmare said when they walked up to him. “And Sin if you help Angelus with this task, and you two accomplish it, I can guarantee you a place in the gang. Are you two going to take the job?”
 
Angelus looked at Sin before looking back at Nightmare and nodding, “We'll take it.”
 
“You two are to go out to the other gangs territory and get back one of our comrades. Angelus you know him, and Sin you might know him, it's Lucky.” Nightmare said looking over at her.
 
“Yeah he's in my English class.” Sin said with a nod.
 
“Anyway, it seems as though Lucky's luck has run out, once again, and he lost a race and is currently being held captive until we pay his fine, but that's not going to happen and you're going to just go and steal him back.” Nightmare said with a nod.
 
“He need's a new nickname that one.” Angelus grumbled. “He gets caught for so much junk we should just add on two more letters.”
 
“We'll discuss that later.” Nightmare said shaking his head. “Just go get the unlucky runt so I can give him the task of cleaning the club for being a moron.”
 
“Understood.” Angelus and Sin said before walking away.
 
~
 
“Damn it Lucky how much did you promise them?” Angelus asked as he started shooting over the desk. They were currently on the second floor not ten feet from the stairs, but these guys just wouldn't let up long enough to run for it.
 
“A lot; just let it drop.” Lucky said as he shot too, but from the side.
 
Angelus dropped down and let another parade of bullets whiz by as he looked around. “Now did you happen to spot where Sin disappeared to?”
 
“No…” Lucky said from next to him, he too had ducked behind the desk for protection. “Should I have?”
 
Angelus glared at the moron next to him before he smacked him over the head. “If we don't find her you're going to be shot, stuffed, and mounted on the wall of the police station!”
 
Lucky gulped and nodded as he and Angelus made a run for the next desk. He would have watched the girl better if he had known she was so important.
 
“Thank god!” Angelus breathed a sigh of relief, from the angles of the desks he could see her. Angelus stopped behind a desk and waited for Lucky. When he was settled he said, “You get down those stairs without being shot, and I'll get Sin. If you get the chance get out and grab the bike that's not mine. They're across the street in the diner parking-lot.”
 
“Gotcha.” Lucky said taking the keys before they both set out for where they were going.
 
“Crap…” Angelus breathed as he got around a body. Once he was next to Sin's desk he said, “Sin come here…”
 
Sin looked like she was in a minor state of shock, and she shook her head her eyes closed. “I can't…”
 
“Fine I'll come and get you…” Angelus said as he crawled over and behind the desk with Sin. Now that he was he could see there was a body behind the one next to the desk he and Sin were behind. “Come on, we'll run to the stairs and down them.”
 
“Angel…I killed them…” Sin whispered; she was shaking lightly.
 
“I know…” Angelus said with a nod as he grabbed onto her hand. “But if you didn't kill them then you would have died. Now we have to go, before people start moving our way.”
 
Sin nodded and followed after him. They got safely to the bottom floor, and out of the building. No one was in sight they all must have been in other parts of the building trying to get to them. The made it safely to Angelus's bike and got on, taking off.
 
After a while Angelus stopped and made a call. “Lucky?”
 
“Yeah, they let me keep my cell, this is me speaking.” Lucky's voice came from the other line.
 
“Good, go to Haven in the Dark and tell Nightmare we got you out with very minor injury, and that me and Sin are going to my place to sleep it off.” Angelus said in a hurry. “Also tell Shadow to tell Sin's friends that she's fine, just really tired.”
 
“Ok, will do.” Lucky said before Angelus hung up. Then he said as he hung up his saying, “Doesn't anybody say good-bye anymore?”
 
~
 
“Come on Sin stop crying for me.” Angelus said as he held on to her as they sat on his couch. “Please…”
 
“I said that I would never kill anybody ever again, not even for the gang.” Sin cried into Angelus's T-shirt as he light rocked them back and forth.
 
“They would have killed you if you didn't kill them.” Angelus insisted. “If they had killed you I would have killed them, they wouldn't have made it out alive no matter what.”
 
“But Angel I can't just say that my life is more important then the people I killed.” Sin whimpered.
 
“You might not want to, but I can.” Angelus said as he pulled her back a little and looked at her. “Your life is more important then anyone's got that?”
 
Sin shook her head feebly, disagreeing with him. “I am not that important.”
 
Angelus glared at her and almost growled. “You are!” He allowed her to move off him but he just grabbed onto her wrist before she got too far. “Sin listen to me! You're important to me! No one will ever come before you with me, no one.”
 
Sin stayed quiet and just looked away from him, doubt in her eyes as she did so. Angelus let go of her wrist and grabbed her chin making her look at him. “If you weren't important to me then I would have let you cry all of those times, I would have just walked by that first time, I wouldn't have made you that promise. If I didn't think you were important you'd know, because I'd treat you like crap!”
 
Sin moved Angelus's hand away from her and then leaned to him and kissed him deeply, instantly calming him down. When she pulled away from him she said, “Calm down…”
 
Angelus nodded and said with a sigh, “Just don't mess with me when it comes to what I think of you. I don't like being called a lair especially when it's someone I love.”
 
Sin's eyes grew a little as she thought, “Did he just say love?”
 
It then hit Angelus; he had said love, not like, not care about, love. He didn't even realize it, no he really hadn't meant to say love right then, but that was indeed what it was.
 
“Love?” Sin questioned as she watched him. Maybe he hadn't meant to say love, maybe he had just been caught up in the moment.
 
Angelus watched her for a second before saying, “Yeah, love.”
 
Sin didn't know how to react to this. Love was such a strong word. Love meant something real. Something she'd hold on to like a life line. “Love…” Sin breathed, it was just loud enough for Angelus to hear her. “Love…I think it fits…”
 
Angelus smiled at that. She hadn't said that she loved him, but it was implied, it was in there. He wouldn't press for her to say it completely, when he had a hard enough time thinking about saying it.