Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ Home Again, Into the Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to us.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Please be sure to Review!!

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~2~

(POV- 1st: Kairi)

The birds were chirping, ahh, they have such beautiful voices. I can feel the sunlight slowly creeping up into my room, it's so warm…. Ugh…what is all that noise?

I threw my feet over the bed, and tossed the cover aside, I groggily walked over to my window and threw it open. Glancing around, I see nobody's there. What was all that noise then? My eyes catch site of an interesting thing.

"Tidus? Why the hell are you running around in your underwear!?"

"Sorry Kai!! I can't talk now! I've got to get to Selph's, I've got news!"

"News?!" I yelled after him. "What kind of news?!"

Wakka came panting up to my window. He threw himself on to the ledge, breathing heavily. He began to talk very fast, like he couldn't wait to get going.

"I was on the island early, ya? Practicin' an' stuff… When I just happened to look up I see this huge thing…just falling, ya? So I sit there and think 'hmm. What could that be?' It was a ship Kairi!"

"W-what..?"

Wakka gripped the ledge, and leaned forward. He whispered: "A ship Kairi…..Sora."

I could hardly suppress my excitement. I grinned a huge grin and screamed into Wakka's face, who faltered. Behind Wakka, Tidus and Selphie were running by, yelling for us to come on. Wakka gave me his hand as he helped me out of the window. I lifted my night gown, and reached back for my feathery pink robe.

My legs ran wild, my heart beat fast, and my mind was left way behind. I hopped into my old boat; it had been too long since I had set foot in it, too long if anyone asked me. Reaching for the oars I began speeding my way across. My arms already ached from the force; I really should have paced myself. But I don't care any longer, Sora was here, here…and that's all that mattered. I glanced behind myself to see a hyper acting Wakka, a fuming Tidus, and a crammed Selphie. All of which were jam-packed into one boat. I giggle at the site, and continued rowing to my destination. I can see the island taking form, the trees growing steadily larger, and the water fall slowly falling….and to my excitement…a ship.

"The Gummi ship…" I whispered to no-one in particular.

My boat lightly hit the pier where I hopped off on to the dock. Frantically looking around, my heart was beating fast. 'What am I gonna say?! What am I gonna do?!' I was ringing the hem of my night gown, saying I was nervous was putting it lightly. Selphie put her hand on my hands and pushed them away from my dress.

"Oh, Selphie…what if...what if he's different? What if he's not the same Sora I knew?"

Wakka snorted. "Ha. He's still the same ya? In fact, I think he's the one who crashed the ship thingy, He's still the lovable Idiot we know and you love." He spoke his last words quietly, I couldn't understand him but Tidus must have heard, who had laughed in response.

"You're such an idiot!" Donald's voice rang out. The three of them looked toward the ship. "You should have let us finish checking the statistics over…"

"Who's that??" Wakka whispered.

"That's Donald Duck. And the taller one is Goofy." I whispered to everyone when the two came into view. "They're really good friends of Sora."

Sora sat up looking tired and banged up. "Do you absolutely have to rub it in…..?"

My breath caught in my throat. He looked so different…His hair was so wild, a lot wilder then it was before, I personally had thought that not to be possible. His build was even more muscular and his black clothing seemed to make him appear even more like a dark angel. He still had yellow shoes, only they were more defined to fit his new style. (A/N: His new clothes are exactly like the ones there going to be…you know in KHII) I was in such a trance that I did not notice that someone was looking at me.

"Gawrsh! Hullo Kairi!! Long time no see!!"

I froze. Donald looked toward me too, Sora's head slowly turned…it seemed like ages for him to fully look at me…I wished for this torment to end, that we could automatically be good friends again, not friends that just might have feelings for another.

He stood and faced us; wow….he's gotten tall. His untidy hair blew in the wind. The tension seemed to be endless.

"Um…? Hi?" he spoke unsure.

Silence.

"Such a lively bunch... Eh…Tidus…why are you in your underwear…?" Sora spoke again.

I slowly walked forward. He locked his cobalt eyes with mine; he tilted his head slightly to the left and held out his arms. I hurried and embraced him in a tight hug. His strong arms around me, he laughed.

"I was wondering how long it would take!" He laughed again and rocked from side to side. Soon I felt Selphie clinging to him as well as Tidus who was standing next to him, patting his back. I didn't want to let him go, but I felt his hands grab my fore arms and gently pulled me away. He kept his arm around my shoulder; I held his hand with mine as I watched him pull Selphie into a one-armed hug and then shook Tidus's hand. I couldn't help but smile, I felt as if a part of me was restored. Which, technically it was…Being that Sora and I were connected through our hearts. It was such a long story; I could feel my mind drifting into thoughts of the past.

"This is so cool! I'm so happy your back!" Selphie screeched. "I could just die on spot!!"

Sora was laughing, I always loved his laugh. It was so heartfelt; you could tell he wasn't holding back. I was so happy, I wanted to hug him forever…and yet I wanted to slap him, even though it had been a year I cant help but feel like he abandoned me.

I snapped out of my trance and decided I should enjoy this time, knowing that anytime he might have to leave.

~*~*~

"Ugh…Ouch...I-I can hardly breathe! But... I…have to keep running! I can't let that thing get away!!'

A blonde haired young man in a white and black zip-up shirt, and white and black chap styled pants was running down a dark narrow alley, with one thing on his mind. He had to catch that 'nobody'. He had to keep it at bay; it couldn't get back to something bigger, or anything of the sort. He skidded to a halt, nearly toppling over garbage in the alleyway. Looking around the dark passage, he could see nothing, there was no monster. 'How could that be?' A deep low hissing noise erupted from behind him, the boy in white slowly turned. The nobody must have done something, because this monster looked nothing like the previous ones. The Blonde Haired kid stared to slowly back up; in panic he tried to get away by simply turning and running, his plan backfired. The monster tripped him with a long oozing black tentacle, he came crashing to the ground his face lying on the cool cement, another tentacle grabbed him around the middle and lifted him with force. Squirming he managed to get out from its grasp and escape with ease between its legs, it was too bulky to be able to turn around quick. The blonde ran and kept running until his legs couldn't carry him. He arrived at his master's shop, panting and wanting water.

"Loir, Loir, Loir…You'll never learn will you?" A cool female voice said. "The master is in his office. He wants to see you."

"Yes Ma'm" Loir said quietly flushing a bit.

Loir entered the chamber in which The Master resided. The hall was dark, and the floor was shined to perfection. He walked slowly toward the desk and bowed.

"Loir. I have a special assignment for you." He spoke with a husky yet smooth voice.

"Sir?"

"You know I am not pleased with what happened just now, Right?"

"Yes, Sir. I apologize Sir."

"It's quite alright, you're still new. Which means you can improve." The Master glanced up with a cool stare. He rummaged through his desk and pulled out a manila folder that was very worn and tattered. Setting it down facing away from him, he looked up. "Read."

Loir stepped forward and opened the folder. There were many photos of a spiky brown haired boy. There were many reports on this young man too.

"What's all this?"

"That's your new assignment. I need you too guard him." He stood up, and walked to Loir side. "I have received an urgent message from The King. He wishes for that boy to be protected and I told him I had the perfect person."

"Why me?"

"Because, you wield the same weapon as he," The master pointed to a photo. "He also carries a Keyblade, just as you do. That is why you need to watch him, and perhaps you can learn from him. He is the Keyblade Master you see."

"Si-"Loir started.

"Go now. Find Dr. Mac Gregor, he'll help you get to your destination."

Loir grabbed the photos and rushed out. He sat down outside the building looking at the pictures. Flipping a close up over he read the back.

"So…Your name is Sora?"

Loir glanced up toward the dusky sky, moments passed as he watched the trains go by, and the people bustle and sighed. Standing up he thought: 'I suppose I should find that Mac Gregor guy.'

"I'm a little nervous guys…She's probably going to bite my head off." Sora whined.

"Oh don't be ridiculous. She's your mom! She'll understand." Selphie reassured him. "And were here to back you up sooo no problem right!?"

Sora just stared at her with a look as they pressed on toward Sora's house. They got to his tan colored house, and he entered without a moment's hesitation. He glanced around looking before he spoke. Selphie, Kairi, Tidus and Wakka all stood in the doorway, while Donald and Goofy waited out side.

"Hello?" Sora said. "Anyone hooome?"

He went to his room and opened his door, it was filthy with his mothers possessions, clothing, jewelry, everything. Sora stood in shock.

"MOM! What the hell did you do to my room?!" Sora shouted exasperated.

His mom stumbled down the steps from her room looking drunkenly tired. Sora stared at her, as she did him.

"…Sora?"

"Yes…?"

Katherine screamed happily and bounded over to him gripping on to him as if she was a little school girl and he was a lost puppy.

"Oh!! My baby!!" She clenched him so hard that his back was starting to hurt. She began so swing him around crying happily.

"heh..Ouch…OW mom!"

"Kairi look!! He's back he's finally back!" Katherine said lifting Sora up.

"Hehe.. I can see that!"

"Oh!" Katherine dropped Sora suddenly. "I just have to call everyone!" She gave Sora one last kiss and rushed up the stairs to her phone.

They sat in silence for a bit, stunned and a little shocked at the outcome.

"Well. That went well…" Tidus said bluntly.

"Better then I thought." Sora said.

Wakka's stomach grumbled. "I'm a little hungry, ya? Let's all have a big picnic."

Everyone agreed happily, all rather hungry began to file out the front door. Sora lagging behind, said that he would meet up with them later. He walked up into the upstairs bathroom and rummaged through the cabinet, looking for a bandage to fix up his cut. He hadn't noticed the throbbing until after his mom left for her room. Hastily putting it on he figured it would do. Leaving his house and heading toward Destiny Islands with Donald and Goofy, he finally felt at peace, back were he belonged.

~*~*~

Loir entered a dark house, the floors creaked and it had an eerie feeling. The house seemed to be breathing, creaking with every move he made.

"Hullo?" He spoke, his voice unsure.

A door opened and a stout old man waddled out. He had thick curly hair which was graying but still dark brown, which he wore with a top hat and a shabby suit.

"Why hello there young man, what can I do for yeh'?" he spoke with a slight accent, and his voice was little high.

"Um, I was sent here from the Du'sho? My Master sent me…he said you could get me to another world?"

"Ah yes, he told me you would be coming, Loir right?" He squinted at me.

"Yes."

"Alright. Come this way."

­___________

"…You were looking down on me…Lost out in space..."

Authors Note: Loir is The Blonde haired kid's name from KHII, at least that's what I'm calling him. I hope you like!! Review!!!

LaneJoe