Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ Paint it Black and Blue ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Please be sure to Review!! Sorry it took so long for this to get out… I've been in NY for a Drama trip!

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~3~

(POV- 3rd)

The sand gently cascaded down the beach in the soft morning breeze. The water seemed to be standing still with anticipation. It had been a month since Sora had made his appearance. And Kairi couldn't be happier; she could finally say things to him face to face instead of thinking them to herself. Rehearsing them is what she would sit and do for hours, trying to desperately think of ways to keep her crush a secret form him for as long as she could possibly do. He couldn't know yet. Not for a while at least. As for Sora, he was a bit confused; Kairi hadn't made contact with him for days, which was odd. Getting calls from Selphie every single day was nice, he couldn't lie…he liked the attention. Over the year that he was gone, Selphie had indeed grown up. She no longer wore the yellow sundress; she now wore a pair of extremely short shorts, sported with a bright blue thong protruding from the hip hugging top. She also wore a tight fitting tank top of red.

Sora, now had been hanging out with her a lot lately. Only because she was the only one around, he admitted to himself that she has gotten considerably nicer, and was way more fun to be around then she previously had been.

It was a lovely hot and humid Friday afternoon. Sora accompanied Selpie to an Ice Cream parlor downtown. Wakka and Tidus had gone on a camping trip, they had invited Sora but he felt he just got here, he shouldn't rush off. Sora paid as usual, having collected a lot of Munny, he didn't worry about running out. They sat and talked about their child hood, since they had known each other practically from birth. Laughing at the simple life they both had once led.

"Oh my…Do you remember the one time you and Riku pulled that horrid prank on me?" Selphie choked out between gales of laughter.

"Ha, Ha, the one where we led you on a huge scavenger hunt-"

"--that just led me on a gigantic wild goose chase!"

"Good times…good times.…" Sora laughed leaning back and looping his arm over the booth. "Hey…can I ask you something?"

"Well…yes go on?" Selphie stuttered

"Do you know what's up with Kairi?"

"You mean the fact that she hasn't called or made any sort of contact with you for the past three

days?" Selphie spit out in seconds.

"yeah?" Sora said, shocked.

"I'm not quite sure, she hasn't called me either…How about we stop by her house when we finish?"

~*~*~*~

It was a bit of a walk to get to Kairi's from downtown, but they survived it. Breathing slightly heavily they rang her door bell.

They waited.

Nothing happened. No one came to the door.

"Maybe she's not home?" Selphie inquired.

"Naw…Kairi doesn't usually just leave her house without a note on the door."

"Gee, I'm surprised you still remember that."

"Wow, me too." Sora said thoughtfully. "Well, I'll check her room since this door locked."

"How…?" Selphie spoke icily.

"Oh a little trick I thought up when I was bored at home." Sora said swinging himself up onto a high tree branch. "I would-come here-and climb-this tree and sit on the highest branch that's located right outside her window."

Sora had just made it to the 2nd floor window that was Kairi's, He opened her window slowly in case she was in there, and he didn't want to scare her.

"I remember this one time I scared her half to dea-"

"Sora! What are you doing!?"

It was Kairi. She scared him so badly that he lost his footing on the branch and slammed to the ground, landing on his back with a large CRACK.

"Holy!" Selphie shrieked.

"Oh god Sora, I'm sorry! I didn't think I'd scare you!" Kairi dropped her groceries and she and Selphie ran over to him.

He laid in shock, not registering what had happened. Kairi and Selphie were bent over him in a heartbeat. Kairi leaned over him and he looked slowly up at her.

"Can you hear me Sora? It's me...Ka-"

"Why hello there Kairi...We were just looking for you…I see your not in your room."

"No no, I'm not…" She giggled. His current state was a bit funny. He seemed to have what smarts he once had knocked out of him for a brief moment.

"I think I landed on something…" Sora yanked a fairly large branch from underneath him. "Sheesh…That's gonna leave a big bruise."

"Come on Sora, let's get you inside. "Kairi spoke softly and gestured to Selphie to help her help him up.

They rung his arms over their shoulders and supported him as they helped him inside.

Kairi unlocked her front door and lugged him on to the sofa. She had a very nice house. Wooden floors shined to perfection, a large Television setting on a black stand. Flowers of every color sat in a large styled vase's on either side of the stairwell leading up to Kairi's room. Her couches were very soft and comfy, with huge feathery pillows. Sora liked her couch; he's slept on them more then once. Her mother, being as extremely generous that she is, wouldn't let him sleep anywhere else. He never minded much, Kairi usually feel asleep on the adjacent couch.

She wetted a cloth and handed it to Sora.

"Hold that there, yeah just like that. Try to sit were its most comfortable, I'll be right back with stuff to clean it. Ah…I'm sorry Sora!" Kairi mumbled hurriedly.

"It's okay Kairi…really…" Sora lifted the damp cloth up to his forehead and waited for her to come back.

"That was quite a fall Sora. I'm actually quite surprised you didn't break anything…" Selphie said.

"Ah...I've had worse things happen." said Sora haughtily.

"I'm sure, lift up your shirt and lay on your stomach." Kairi said bossily.

"Alright, alright…" Sora obliged.

"Whoa! That's quite a bruise. " Selphie noted, poking it slightly.

"Ow dammit." said Sora shortly.

"Selphie stop…"

Sora's back was still as tan as ever, he always had been the darkest one on the island. The bruise was a very dark purple, and looked painful. Kairi placed a ice pack between his shoulder blades.

"You know…" Sora said. "This kinda reminds me of the time Riku fell, well not really fell more like the branch fell on him….haha…right on the head! Square center! I don't think I've ever laughed harder."

Sora's eyes felt heavy. The humidity was making him so tired; his injury was throbbing painfully hard and was burning as if a torch was being held over him. He closed his eyes and listened to Kairi and Selphie talk. Slowly drifting in to a deep slumber, feeling Kairi's soft hands gently massage his tender back…

---

Stepping into a dirty subway looking cab, he waited for the Doctor to accompany him. Moments passed and the Door to the compartment slammed shut. Loir suddenly was struck with fear, he panicked and ran to the door. Gripping the handle he began yanking on it. It was locked. Dr. Mac Gregor walked up to the door and yelled through it.

"I'm sorry muh' boy! I cannot come with you, But, none the less you will be taken to where your suppose to go! Good luck and have a safe trip."

He tipped his hat and watched the cab slowly start to leave. "Be sure to look in your back pak! I left something for you."

Loir stepped back, his heart racing, his mouth way dry. Sitting down he tried to think of how long it would take for him to get there. 'Grr…stupid Doctor guy.' He thought bitterly. Sighing he went through his pack, putting his head-phones on and switching his walkman on, he flipped through Sora's profile.

"Well…let's see. You are 15 years of age, you have brownish spiky hair, blue eyes, you are a height of 5" 6' and weigh 129 pounds. Interesting."

Music blaring, Loir leaned back against the cab door. A searing sharp pain ran up his spine between his shoulder blades. Cause his to blot straight up, he hadn't done anything to hurt his back? Strange… He slid on his long black coat and waited. It stared to rain, hard.

He closed his eyes.

--

Pots and pans were clanking underneath hot soapy water, and the lingering smell of freshly cooked Lasagna was amidst. Sora found himself lying on a familiar couch, face buried in pillow. He slowly tried to sit up, but the pain was too much. Yelping he laid back down.

"Oh Sora…Don't move…" Karen said sweetly. "Lie down, let me look at your back."

Karen, being the nurse she is, inspected his back with ease. Her hands were quick and experienced. Poking and prodding the deep damage, checking if anything else was wrong.

"I think that it's just a bruise, not really badly damaged. But I don't think you should go home tonight, stay here?" Karen said in her motherly tone.

"Alright." Sora replied groggily smiling a drunken looking smile.

"I'll call your mom then!" Karen wondered off up stairs in to her room, leaving a blushing Kairi and a shirtless Sora alone downstairs.

Sora stared around the room, eyes half open. Kairi occupied her self so she wouldn't make eye contact with him. Sora let out a yawn, and turned to look at Kairi. But before he could say anything there was an abrupt knocking at the door.

"Ah..Sora? Could you get that?" Kairi said hurriedly drying off a bowl.

"Yeah…" Kairi heard Sora's husky voice relpy.

Sora stood up slowly, and walked with his shoulders slightly back. Opened the door and looked out. It was raining, and a figure was standing out in the doorway. Slowly the head rose, only to reveal a nose, lips, chin and wisps of blonde hair.

"ye- " Sora began.

"A-are you S-sor-ra?" this person was freezing.

"Ye..yes? Who are you?"

Kairi rushed over and took the stranger by the arm. "You must be freezing! You poor, poor thing." Putting her hand right on Sora's soar back, pushed him out of the way. Wincing Sora moved back and shut the door, suddenly feeling very unwelcome. Kairi removed the stranger's hood and looked at him.

"My, You sure do have very blonde hair!" she commented. Sora grunted in response. He grabbed his shirt and slipped it on.

The kid brushed of her comment and turned to Sora, who was in the process of sneaking out.

"I need to talk to you. My name is Loir." As he spoke he pulled out a vanilla folder, and flipped through it.

"About…?" Sora said edgily. "…How do you know who I am."

"You are Sora, and I am Loir Monhagan, I was sent here from Twilight Town to guard you."

"Against…" Sora said in a monotone.

"Classified I'm afraid." He said simply.

"…What?"

"Need proof?" Loir flipped through the folder and read aloud: " Your full name is Sora Dahal Boyd, Your height is of 5"6', your weight is 129 pounds and you lost the Oath-"

Loir was cut off by Sora's quick hand clapping over his mouth. Kairi was giving them a weird look.

"What he means by 'Oath' is that…it's this league thing sort of like a band of pirates that travel the world in search of random things that…well…I really have no idea…" Sora said quickly, still holding his hand over Loir's mouth.

"Right Loir?" Sora glanced back at him with a pleading glare.

"Mmm, hum!" Loir muffled enthusiastically while nodding his head vigorously.

Kairi gave an exasperated smile and hung Loir's coat up. While she was gone Sora took his hand away from Loir's face.

"Thanks dude…she doesn't know that's gone yet…"

"Know what's gone?" Loir questioned.

Sora explained to him about how Kairi gave him the Oathkeeper, and wanted it back sometime, whenever he got back.

"I see…." Loir said glancing to the side and wiggling his eyebrows. "Very well! I shall keep my mouth shut Master Sora!"

"Don't call me that."

"Alrighty then, gee I'm hungry got any food here?" Loir's stomach grumbled.

"I dunno, I've been asleep. So…how'd you get here?"

Loir began to tell his tale, about the 'no-bodies' and his master wishing him to come here and watch Sora.

"Yeah…Something bad is going to happen…"

They sat in grim silence, waiting for the other to say something.

"…We sat underneath the stars…strung out and feeling brave…"

Authors Note: Well! Here we are, at the third chapter! I hope you stick with it and keep reviewing! E-mail me if you like! I'd love to get comments like that J!!

-LaneJoe