Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ All the Sadness to Wherever You May Be ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Thanks for the Reviews!!!! Keep em' coming! Sorry the last chapter was so rushed!! Ahh…spelling errors! I hate them.

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~4~

(POV- 3rd)

It has been a few weeks since the arrival of Loir, the town has met him and he has met the town. It now seemed as if a second Sora was wondering around. Loir stayed at the Boyd household. In a spare room but like when Sora goes to Kairi's, he usually stayed up all night with Sora. Kairi has warmed up to Loir especially considering she didn't like him for a time. Casual flirting and light sexual gestures is usually what their conversations consists of. Sora usually was disregarded in conversations, which is why he was almost always seen with a book and or headphones. Walking down the street he would have them on, while mind was lost deep in a book. The shop keepers that know him well thought it odd to see him reading, since he seemed to be more of an anti-reader.

But when a good book came along he couldn't help but pick it up.

One day Sora was walking down the street running errands for his mother. Nose in a book, headphones loud, he trudged on. It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the kind where you wanted to be out side, just smelling the fresh morning air. It was 10:30AM and Sora was heading toward the local grocery store which always had fresh fruit delivered at around this time. Able to weave through the crowd of early-birds without looking, he arrived at the shop. Putting his book in his pack he walked inside, greeted with a friendly 'Hello!' from the young shop-keep. He smiled his charming smile and moved on. Bringing out a list, he inspected it and grabbed the needed fruit. Sora walked toward the checkout, grabbing a Snickers candy bar as a reward for his good deed of shopping, he placed the basket on the counter and waited to pay. The young clerk was young and beautiful. Her eyes, were so deep with meaning. Sora found himself staring her, trying to take in all her beauty at once. She glanced up and blushed.

"What?" she said shyly.
"I'm sorry; you just look like someone I know." Sora replied.

She smiled and handed him the basket in which Sora dumped the produce in to his pack. Smiling once again at the lovely lass, he put on his black sun-glasses and headphones, and decided that his book could wait. Paying, he walked out the door. With his pack swung over his shoulder, he un-wrapped his Snickers and began his walk home. It was true, the girl looked like Yuffie, and he missed her. He missed all of the friends he met. Yuffie had an unspoken beauty about her, but had a hard attitude. He admired Yuffie, she was a great fighter, but terribly conceded.

Sora heaved a heavy sigh.
Why had he come back? He was happy there. Why didn't he feel happy back home? Sora frowned. 'I don't know my feelings anymore.' He thought sadly. He thought he would be happy here, seeing Kairi again and all. But since Loir showed up, he hasn't been a major part of her new life. He sat at the end of the dock at dusk still, hopping she would show up as she used to. Times change, and something was still missing. She never came anymore. He would lie there for hours, staring up into the starry sky, wondering about his life, and what else was to happen to him.

Stopping suddenly in the street he realized, he knew what was missing. His best friend. His best friend since the 2nd grade.

He missed Riku. It was times like this, when your other friend barley hung out with you at all, that you need your best friend, to talk to, to seek guidance from. He wished he could talk to Riku, even if it was just for a moment, if he could just…see him again. He would give anything just to know if he was alright.

Snapping out of his daze, he rushed forward. He soon arrived at home, walking up his drive way he lightly sang the song that he was listening to. Walking into his house, he snapped off his shoes and walked into his kitchen. His mother was sitting at a small table in the kitchen looking deadly tired, and sipping her coffee. Ignoring her, he continued to sing under his breath, while putting away the groceries.

Katherine watched her son. His hair has gotten lighter. She thought. She smiled and closed her eyes, listening to his voice.

"Those singing lessons paid off huh?" she said in a scratchy morning tone.

Sora glanced at her. "I guess so." He said blankly.

"I always loved watching you sing in your after school drama club." She smiled hazily. "Oh yeah, Loir and Kairi came by today. They were lo-oo-king for yooou." She yawed out the last of her words.

"Did they?" Sora said in a monotone, clearly uninterested.

"Yep….So you gonna look for them?"

"No…"

Sora finished putting the groceries away and slowly walked in to the living room, and plopped down on the couch and rolled over.

"You okay?" Katherine asked.

"Fine, you?" Sora said closing his eyes.

"…What's wrong oh darling son of mine who I gave birth to?"

Turning his head to look at her with a raised eyebrow he replied by saying: "I'm tired."

Katherine was a little saddened by her son's mood, not sure why he was in such a tuff. She wondered what she could do, if anything, to make him feel better.

"Do you feel okay Sora?" She asked, her voice turning to a motherly tone.

"Yes." Sora replied, closing his eyes.

"Today's sweetest day you know." Katherine tried to free him from his mind.

Eye's still closed Sora replied dully.

"Is it."
"You gonna…get anything for Kairi?"

Sora sat in silence, sighed and said no.

Katherine sighed and turned back to her coffee. She yawned and figured' she should get ready for work. Gulping the small amount of coffee left, she swept away to her room.

__

Walking slowly. Everyone was walking slowly. Loir never was a patient person. He was heading toward Sora's, he wanted to get Kairi something for sweetest day, but have just meeting her, he had no idea. Loir felt he had to ask the expert.

"Sora?" Loir called out, entering the Boyd household.

Loir walked further into the house, Sora was nowhere to be found. He kept looking; surely he's in his room. Loir thought. Ascending the stairs to Sora's room, he started to have second thoughts of everything. I must be having delusions of grandeur. He thought sadly. Loir is unaware of the fact that Sora is many miles away from him. Sora was standing on a small island, once inhabited by kids in their young teens playing in the surf and laying in the sand. Sora had a downcast look to him, as he stared off into the space under the tree.

"The Secret Place…" he whispered.

He sat in serious silence. Should he go in? But that would mean breaking the friendship between him and her… Everything would be awkward if he mentioned it. He looked on a while longer; unaware of the storm clouds appearing above him. Eyebrows furrowing, his mouth twitching with frustration, he found it hard to stand. His knees buckled and he landed with a flump. Letting his head hang, he sat. His mouth was dry, and his eyes burned. He always found it funny, how he acted happy for everyone…when really, he wasn't.

Sora rubbed his eyes. Dammit. He thought. It started to rain. Slow, then fast, beating down on him like the burden he carries. He brought his knees to his chest and circled his arms around his legs. His hair dampened to his face, and his cloths stuck to his cold body. His eyes were half open, and he still stared at the entrance as if it was talking to him.

"Why did I have to find you?" He winced out, chin quivering. "You made everything change."

His voice was thick with guilt. So much so that he couldn't stand it. He closed his eyes and tried to listen to the rain. He couldn't keep the Secret Place out of his head.

"You want me to go in there." Sora spoke to the entrance. "But I wont."

"You took my best friend away…" Sora whispered. He suddenly jumped up, frustrated tears in his eyes…he yelled at the top of his lungs.

"You took him away!"

Shoulders heavy he looked down at his feet. The sand was a dark brown, the trees were shining with wet, and it was raining hard on Sora's shuddering body.

A quiet voice erupted from behind Sora.

"You okay?"

Sora whipped around, it was Kairi. Shocked, Sora turned back around, suddenly feeling ashamed; he wouldn't let her look him in the face. Not now at least, not when his stupid emotions were hard at work.

"Sora?" She appeared next to him, delicately holding a umbrella in her soft hands. He looked away.

"Yes?" He replied, his voice still thick.

She gently intertwined her fingers in his and squeezed his hand. "Look at me?"

He kept his face turned, feeling as if his heart and his brain left completely. Surprised to hear her laugh, he looked down at her slightly. She smiled.

"There's the Sora I know…"

Breathing deeply, Sora noted his chest hurt. Feeling slightly stupid standing in front of the Secret Place, he shifted uncomfortably and sat.

"Shouldn't you be off somewhere with Loir?"

"Naw, he's nice but not someone I'd wanna hang out often with."

Sora looked ahead still, concentrating on it. Kairi looked perplexed as to why he was thinking so hard.

"Are you going to go in?" she asked quietly.

Looking up at Kairi, the rain still poring, he thought. She kneeled beside him and looked straight in to his eyes.

"….N-no, I don't think so."

They stood up; Sora brushed the sand off him. For the first time that night he wished he was dry. Crossing his arms he waited for Kairi to say something.

"You must miss him, don't you?"

Sora nodded.

"I thought so. I thought you seemed a little down the other day, so I'm going to take you back home and me and you are going to have a 'up-all-night' party like we used to…sound good?"

Kairi looped her arm around his waist, and pulled him into a hug. She didn't care If he was soaking wet, she just wanted him happy.

"…and I'll get some beer just for you." She said tapping his bottom lip. "But you're not getting drunk on me! You're too crazy when you're drunk…"

"Alright…" He took her hand and they walked to the boat and left for home.

__

Sora was finally home, changing in to his pajamas. He threw his wet cloths in the shower and wrote a note to his mother.

Mom-

I'm staying at Kairi's for tonight, she invited me over. I hope you don't mind. Even if you did I would go anyway... Nyaha... I'll see you later. Tell Donald and Goofy for me.

-Sora

Sora sighed, a fairly happy sigh. The first of the night and figured it was good enough.

Slipping on some sandals he walked out the door and onto the dark street.

__

Kairi was waiting at her window. She too slipped into her tank top/ short shorted pajamas and awaited Sora's arrival through her window. She saw a figure walking and saw that it was her dear friend. Waving him over she watched him climb the tree next to her window ledge, she opened the window and stepped aside. Kairi greeted Sora with a friendly hug, and a 'Hello!'

His voice was still quite raspy, she noted but he smiled for her, and only her. She knew his smile. He had two types. One for the world and one just for her. He just stood, seeming unsure of himself; Kairi laughed and shoved him on her bed.

"Relax! It's just like old times." Kairi was trying to keep the tension down. The room seemed to be getting hot…

"No it's not," he smirked. "…and you know it."

"How so?" Kairi replied. Alright…She thought. I'll play your game.

He laid down on her bed and looked up at her ceiling then glanced at her.

"Well, for one were both one year older."

"Yeah yeah…" She smiled.

They stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, just chatting. About nothing in particular, there lives, there problems, just about everything. They were just lying on her bed, Sora was lying on his back and Kairi had her head resting on his stomach. Falling asleep she was finally truly happy to be with him. Sora was pleased to watch her sleep. He held her hand gently, smiling to himself he watched her until he slowly drifted away himself.

~*~*~

"I watched the red orange glow…I watched you float away…"

Authors Note: Here we are at chapter 4! I hope you're enjoying it. I know I am…I've been straining my brain to think of stuff. It came out good, chapter 3 could have been better. It was rushed. I'll fix it someday! Bear with me. I want to thank all my reviewers. I appreciate it!

Note to: -----Emerald-----
He drinks because I want him too. It's is my story after all. MY fantasy ^_^. And this world I have created in Kingdom Hearts, is what I think, and in this story the drinking age is 14. Deal. Oh and on last thing. Don't compare me to you. K? ^_^

To everyone else….Thanks for reviewing! And I'm very glad your not criticizing! Moonflow Kairi, thanks so much! You're my fave!

PS to RikuBabe: Hi!

-LaneJoe