Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ A Beautiful Letdown ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Thanks for the Reviews!!!!

I hope you enjoyed Chapter Four! On to Chapter Five!

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~5~

(POV- 3rd)

It was another bright beautiful day, sun's shining, water's glistening, and the shop keeps were opening for the first business of the day. Up once again early, Sora was roaming the streets looking for a good breakfast to wake him up. Grumbling, he wished he hadn't stayed up so late, sure it was fun and all but being tired through the day wasn't the best either. Purchasing some food and two beers for later he started back towards his house.

Sora hadn't seen Loir in a while, where had he stayed last night? Maybe he had been and gone already. The streets were getting more crowded the longer he stayed. It was going to be a hot day; it would be nice to get everyone together for a nice swim. Smiling beside himself he hurried home to grab his swim shorts and a towel.

'Maybe I'll find Loir and we can go swimming together.' Sora thought happily.

Walking into his slightly cooler house, Sora put away the items he bought and proceeded upstairs to his room. Opening his door he saw Loir on the floor looking at old photo albums. He had a smile on his face and seemed to be enjoying the pictures. Looking up he grinned.

"You look like you had a happy life. Before all this happened?" Loir said sounding slightly distant.

"Have…a happy life. Don't you?"

"Yes, I think I'll like it here…I love the beach, the smell, everything…My home was much different. Very busy, dodgy. Tall buildings, cruddy streets, the only thing I enjoyed was the dusk look to the place." Loir seemed happy to talk about his home Sora thought, was a perfect conversationalist.

"What do you mean? Is it always dusk there?" Sora questioned, wanting to know more. Walking over to Loir and sitting in front of him he picked up a photo album labeled: Sora, Kairi and Riku.
"Yeah, it's weird. I don't know why it does that…but it does. I don't mind either." He looked up at Sora and smiled. "You'd like it I think."

"I just might see it someday." Sora flipped through the photo album, stopping at a picture of Riku and Sora when they were younger. Arms hung around each others shoulders they grinned into the camera. Sora couldn't help but smile, sighing he put it down.

Loir picked up another picture of just Riku; examining it, he held it out at arms length. Sora glanced at him, and asked what was wrong.

"Who's this…?" Loir asked interested in Sora's lost friend.

"An old friend of mine." He replied quietly, looking away.

Loir snorted and apologized.

"Opening an old wound am I?"

Sora smirked at him and shook his head. Standing up he went over to his dresser and dug through the tangled mess of old clothing. Whipping out his swim shorts, he grabbed his sunglasses, walked to his bedside table and grabbed his phone. Loir was watching him with curiosity. Turning the phone on, Sora turned around. Lowering his black sunglasses he glanced at him.

"Wanna come swimming?"

Loir perked up, nodding vigorously with a grin. Sora smirked and dialed a number.

"Who you callin'?"

"Kai." Sora said simply turning his back.

Loir gulped. Kairi?! He thought. She's gonna come with us? Oh man… Loir was shifting his eyes around uncomfortably. Sora noted this and laughed. Loir glared with a small smirk.

"Hello Karen!" Sora said enthusiastically. "Can I talk to Kairi?"

Loir waited impatiently.

"Hey Kai! Me and Loir are heading to Destiny Islands for a swim, care to join us?" He spoke with a playful tone. "Great see you at the dock!"

"Alrighty. You'll need something to swim in. There should be something in my drawer."

Loir nodded and searched the dresser while Sora walked into the bathroom to change. Figuring he'll change at the island, he told Sora he'd wait out side. A few minutes later Sora walked into the hot sun in flip flops and a pair of red shorts, with a black line down the sides. He swung a white towel across his shoulder, closed the door and fixed his sunglasses. Looking at Loir he said:

"You sure you want to change there? It's a whole lot easier to do it now…"

"Yeah I'm sure I can manage…"

"Oookay…if you're sure…" The two walked down to the pier, Loir was a bit nervous. He has never really been swimming with other people before, especially with a girl…

Seeing Kairi waiting ahead by her boat, Sora waved and jogged to her, ruffling her hair. She playfully smacked him and the two laughed. Loir walked up to the two holding a towel and Sora's old blue swim shorts. Kairi said a friendly hello and jumped into her boat.

"Well we only got our boats today Sora...Tidus and Wakka must have taken Riku's…" Kairi said.

"Well. I'll go alone then, here give me your stuff, you and Loir can ride over together." Sora grabbed her and Loir's stuff and threw it in to his boat. Loir was reluctant to get in the boat; Sora looked up at him as he arranged himself.

"Go on...she's not gonna bite…" winking a sarcastic wink at Loir he began to paddle out. "C'ya out there!"

Loir hopped in the boat and offered to row. Kairi smiled, but insisted she do it

"My boats a little weird…she doesn't like to row sometimes…"

Loir laughed a nervous laugh.

Sora whistled as he went along, rowing happily. He arrived at Destiny Islands and roped up his boat. Grabbing everyone's stuff he set it atop the dock and climbed up. Standing up straight he glanced around, seeing Tidus, Wakka and Selphie waving.

"Hey guys!" Sora yelled. He walked on to the main beach and laid out his things as well as Loir and Kairi's. Looking back he saw Kairi climbing the dock and stretching in her light pink shorts and lavender swim suit top. She helped Loir out and they began walking.

Loir grabbed the old suit of Sora's and wandered off.

"Where's he going?" Kairi said spreading sun block on her arm.

"Getting naked for you." Sora said sarcastically. Kairi threw a shocked look toward him. "What do you think smart one?"

He laughed and lay back on his towel. Kairi continued to spread lotion on her self, moving to her other arm.

"You know," He said watching her. "You're so pale because you use that stuff."

"Yeah well at least I won't get sun cancer Mr. 'I'm-so-tan-because-I-never-use-sun-block.'"

Sora stuck out his tongue at her. "Meh."

Loir wandered into the secret place. He slowly walked down the narrow tunnel, creeping in to the open he saw all the drawings Kairi and Sora had done. Unknown to him of course…that is until a certain picture caught his eye. Like everything else, it was done in chalk, it was a sketchy profile view of Sora and Kairi, and to him I looked like shooting stars underneath them. Examining it closer he saw that they were hands, both handing a star to the other? Changing quickly he hurried back out.

"Mr. Tan, put some on my back will you?" Loir heard Kairi's voice.

"Don't call me that…" Sora said, squirting lotion into his hands and rubbing it on her shoulders and back.

"Hello, Hello Loir!" Sora said pinching Kairi's sides, making her sequel and twist away giggling. Sora stood up and put his hand on his hip. "Fit ya well enough for today?"

"Yep." Loir said grinning.

Kairi stood up next to Sora. "How do you like it here?"

Selphie was creeping up on the two with a cold bucket of ice water they had used to put drinks in previously. She got behind them and quickly dumped the whole bucket on Sora and Kairi. Kairi shrieked and stiffened, and Sora yelped and wheeled around instantly. Seeing that it was her he bolted after her. Kairi grabbed the bucket and shouted.

"Get her Sora! Hold her down!"

She rushed to the ocean and scooped up some water and ran as fast as she could to Sora and Selphie. Stopping she whipped around and say Loir standing there.

"Come on Loir! Help me!"

~*~*~

Donald and Goofy sat outside in the warm sun, and cool breeze off the ocean. Donald had his eyes closed and was thinking about his sweetheart, Daisy.

"Gwarsh, I'm sure glad we came here Donald! Sora was right; it's b-e-a-utiful!"

Donald stood up and started toward the beach house, suddenly with a great force was knocked to his feet.

"Where? ---where did you come from?!" Donald questioned harshly. "How do you always manage to find us…?"

Goofy turned around, Pluto was hovering over Donald, and in his mouth was a letter, and on that letter was an outline of a mouse.

"A letter from the King!?" Goofy yelled. Hopping up he grabbed the letter and ripped it open.

It read:

Donald and Goofy,

This is urgent. I repeat, URGENT. There is something going terribly wrong in the world I am stationed at, Twilight Town. Please come at once!

There is a strange white monster. It appears to be like the Heartless, but its power is overwhelming, I can't bear it, but maybe Sora can. Bring him quickly.

Mickey.

"Donald! We have to leave!" Goofy said seriously.

"Let's go get Sora." Donald stared down the setting sun.

__

Sora was now home, getting ready for bed. Yawning he ruffled his wet hair, and sat on his bed next to Kairi, who was staying the night. Loir was asleep already on the floor, curled up in a blanket. Flipping through the TV stations absentmindedly, he thought of what he should say to Kairi.

"Say Kai-" Sora started, but silenced himself as his door burst open.

Kairi shrieked and threw her arms around Sora's middle. Loir jumped a foot in the air and became very confused and caught up in his thick blanket. He and Sora glanced to the door and stared.

"What the hell?" Sora said flabbergasted.

"Yeah what he said…." Loir said slightly slurred.

"Sora, we got a message from the king… we…"

"No…" Kairi whispered. Was he going to say what she feared?

"…we have to…"

"No!" Kairi yelled, clutching Sora closer.

"…leave."

"You can't leave! Sora! No…not after you just got back…" Kairi looked up at Sora with tears running down her face. Sobbing she buried her face I the crook of his neck, nuzzling him with sadness.

Sora looked at Loir, he was awake now. Looking at Sora with a serious look, he nodded. Sora had to go, and he knew it. Sighing Sora looked at Kairi, she knew what was coming and she didn't want to hear it. Looking away, fighting the tears back, he spoke quietly.

"I have to go Kairi…I'm…I…" It was getting harder, a tear slid silently down his cheek, and on to her shoulder. She Looked up at him, and saw, for the first time in her life that Sora was in fact crying. Feeling the slight twinge of guilt she sat up and looked at him. He looked away, and stood up. He walked over to his dresser and regained himself, grabbing his clothing he walked in to his bathroom to change. He walked out dressed fully in his black getup, he stood by Donald. Loir grabbed his clothes and quickly changed. Kairi stood up, and faced Sora. She reached for her coat.

"What are you-" He started.

"I'm going with you." She interrupted.

"No." He said firmly. "You can't… I don't want you to get hurt."

He walked over to he and took her coat, and threw it on a near by chair. He grabbed her shoulders and gently squeezed them, he looked straight at her.

"Please stay Kairi…I don't want to put you in danger. You can stay here, sleep in my bed, anytime…I care about you too much to loose you in a battle I know I can't win…"

Kairi was being strong. She locked her eyes with his and nodded slowly, Tears still running. Sora leaned over and gently kissed her cheek. She took in his scent and the soft touch of his lips on her skin; she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

"Come back to me when you can?" she whispered, squeezing him affectionately.

She felt him nod and pull away; he squeezed her hand and smiled. Leading her to his bed he helped her in and pulled up the covers. He nudged his forehead gently against hers, and kissed her cheek once more, standing up he bid her a silent 'Goodbye'.

~*~

It was a cold night, as they walked to the dock where the Gummi Ship was. They boarded in depressed silence. Sora didn't want to leave her, but…he had to do his job, he had absolutely no choice. Sighing he strapped himself in the pilots seat; he turned the ship on and listened to the engine roar. The ship blasted away lighting the sky for a split second and Sora thought: "I'll be thinking of you…Wherever you are…"

___________

"…Down here in the atmosphere…Garbage and city lights…"

_____

Authors Note: Well! Here's 5!! I was a little disappointed on the last one…no-body really reviewed…Ah well I hope its better this time 'round.