Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ She Will Be Loved ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Thanks for the Reviews!!!!

(Please Take the Time to read this notice)

Please Note:

Everyone… No one seems to be getting this. There island is apart of a city. Nobodies stranded anywhere, DestinyIslandsis a place they all go to to swim and such, they don't live on it… and another thing… not to sound bitchy or anything but….Sora and Co.Drink because I want them too. I'll say it again and hopefully for the last time: The drinking age is 14!! Get that? lol….stop asking me why…trust me you'll know why I make them drink in the next chapter or two…

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~6~

(POV- 3rd)

It was late at night when the trio, now including Loir, took a pit stop at Traverse Town. They entered through the big oak doors; Sora groaned and rubbed his eyes. He was tired, it had been a long trip, and he wanted to be home sleeping. The town was quiet with sleep, the street lamps glowed with a warm look that cast shadows across the stone ground.

Donald and Goofy began walking toward the Accessory Shop, maybe hoping that Cid was awake. Sora followed behind Donald, lagging slightly, arms hanging at his side. They ached from flying the Gummi Ship half way here, in which Sora only stopped because he fell asleep at the controls. Loir, practically walking in his sleep fell into step by Sora, eyes were glazed and half open as he glanced around with half interest and half clueless ness.

They walked up the steps and stopped outside the Accessory Shop doors. Goofy jiggled the handle to find it locked, to no ones surprise. Sora stared blankly at Goofy, watching him feel above the door frame, Loir was beside him so tired and unaware of anything, fell into sleep standing up and drooling. Goofy unlocked the door with ease and they walked in. Yawning Donald spoke.

"Well, since I don't feel like walking all the way to the 3rd District and getting Cid, or going to the 2nd District and getting hotel rooms, how about we camp out here for tonight?" He spoke with aching tones, his voice raspy, which came from staying up late.

"…Sounds good to me." Sora replied pathetically. "Should I start the fire place?"

"Yes, get it warm, it's plain out freezing in here." Goofy shivered.

Sora turned toward the small fire place in the corner of the room. Taking the Keyblade in hand he raised it in front of him and slurred: "…fire…" It blossomed instantly, filling the room with an orange glow. Sora smiled and walked over to a miniature couch in the opposite corner and laid down on it. Feeling the relief in his back and muscles, he relaxed and closed his eyes.

Loir still was standing in the door way, sleeping.

Donald yelled at Loir to wake up, he did with a jump and a shocked expression. Closing the door behind him, he laid on the floor near the couch.

Sora was having a bad dream. He dreamt that he was taken away from Kairi and his home, thrown in to a small ship and flew to a far away place. Kairi had cried. Sora didn't like it when Kairi cried, it made his insides tighten, and his head pound and his heart bleed to a painful death. He wanted to comfort her, but couldn't…he was being pulled away from her, by cloaked men, in black hooded trench coats. They looked like Loir's coat. But it wasn't him…it was someone with….with…light colored hair…was it…? Could it be--?

Sora awoke with a start. Panting slightly, he'd never woken up like that before, can't say he's even had a dream like that. Hearing giggling Sora glanced up to his right. There a young woman was sitting on the counter in the sunlight. Raven hair, short shorts, high socks.

"Yuffie?" Sora said lightly, throat hurting.

"Well what do you know…You got it right that time shorty." Yuffie smiled and jumped off the counter. She walked slowly over to Sora, as if taking all of him in.

"You look real different since the last time I saw you…" She said sweetly, gently sitting at the end of the couch. This is weird. She thought. Why in the world am I acting like this?! She shrieked in her mind. Gees! I'm finding him attractive?! Yuffie snapped back to reality to find Sora staring at her with a strange look. They stared at each other in an awkward silence. Yuffie raised her eyebrow, Sora smirked and they both laughed and embraced in a friendly hug.

"Where's Leon?" Sora laughed standing up.

"He, Donald and Goofy went somewhere. Not quiet sure where, I just decided to wait for you to wake up."

"Alright…where's Loir?"

"Loir…Is he that crazy kid that looks kinda like you…?" Yuffie inquired.

"Um, sure?" Sora raised an eyebrow.

"He's around…somewhere…"

Loir burst through the door suddenly looking excited. He had a huge grin on his face and he almost tripped down the steps.

Yuffie looked at Sora. "That him?"

"That's him…" Sora bowed his head and sighed.

"Sora! You're up now! Good! Guess what I found?! It's really cool!"

Loir was practically bouncing off the walls. He grabbed Sora's arm and began pulling him outside. He led him to the stair case just out side of the Accessory Shop doors.

"This place is huge!" Loir said.

"Yeah it is. Have you been to all of the Districts yet?"

Loir paused. "There are more?!" His eyes lit up.

"Yeah, course'! Come on, I'll show you around, and introduce you to everyone."

Sora led Loir into the Item Shop, It still looked the same. Sora saw that Huey, Dewey and Louie were still there. The trio looked up and grinned.

"Hey guys, your still here? I thought you would go back home?" Sora asked smiling slightly, Loir jumping up and down behind him.

"Yeah, we got bored back home...so we came back." Dewey said.

"How…?" Sora started.

"Never ya mind!" Huey said jumping up on the counter. "Can we get ya something…perhaps a special potion to calm your friend down?"

Sora looked behind himself smirking; he smacked Loir upside the head. It didn't seem to faze him at all. Sighing Sora shook his head and introduced Loir to Donald's nephews.

"Wow, cool nice to meet you!" Loir shook their hands one by one harshly. Sora stood behind him with an exasperated look, but he couldn't help but smile.

"Alright, we gotta go guys. See you later!" Sora and Loir waved goodbye and exited the shop.

"Well, let's see if Cid is home shall we?" Sora questioned. They strode over to the side door, the short cut to the 3rd District. Loir looked wide-eyed at the neon lights, the Lady and the Tramp fountain and Merlin's magical door with the glowing red flame.

"Wow….can we go in there later?" Loir said trying to get a better look at the strange door.

"Yep, if you want to met the wizard them yeah I suppose I could take you there."

"Wizard?" Loir looked at the back of Sora's head.

"Yep, his name's Merlin. He trained me in the art of using magic such as fire, water, thun- Loir? Are you listening to me?" Sora turned around and crossed his arms across his chest. Loir was staring at something, or someone.

Sora turned around to see Yuffie standing at the top of the stairs talking with Leon. Her back was toward the two boys, you could clearly see just how short her shorts were. Sora tried to get Loir attention, but nothing could jerk his view from her.

'Great…great, just don't look over here Yuffie…don't look!' Sora thought hurriedly desperately trying to evade Loir's eyes.

"Sora?"

'Crap.' Sora turned around and grinned a sheepish grin, placing both hands behind his head. "Hiya…Yuffie…"

"Hyia Sora." Yuffie said in a half seductive half mocking way. "Hey Loir…"

Loir laughed heavily, and replied with a slurred 'Hello…'

Donald appeared behind Leon with Goofy, standing with his arms crossed he glared at Sora. Raising an eyebrow he said:

"We have to go now you two don't forget what we left for."

Their feet shuffled, as they walked back to the 1st District. They waved goodbye to Yuffie and Leon, even though he barley got to talk to them. Loir seemed to be happy and excited. He sat next to Sora in the Gummi ship and began to tell Sora why.

"Well, we're going back to my home! I get to see my buds again! Oh! And you finally get to see Twilight Town!" If the seat belt wasn't holding him down, he'd have been floating with giddiness.

"Alright! Sounds good, you'll have to introduce me to everyone."

"Yeah, defiantly."

~*~*~

It had been a long flight, into the night. Sora and Loir had gone to sleep in their chairs. Sora had his head propped up on his arm. The dusk sun of Twilight Town filled the Ship and hit Loir in the face. Sleepily opening his eyes, he sat up, and glanced out the side window. He unbuckled and jumped up, appearing next to Donald, who was flying the ship, began to talk. Donald shushed him and pointed at Sora. Loir nodded and waited for them to land.

Jumping out of the hatch he began running down the streets, laughing. Donald stumbled out, his arms were cramped and his butt was numb. Goofy tripped and fell behind Donald, who wasn't fazed at all. They both decided to go find a Food store for breakfast; they left Sora snoozing in the ship.

~*~*~

Sora could hear voices, not very loud but loud enough. His cheeks hurt, why?

"Oh! Hehe...He's such a cutie!"

'Who's a cutie?' Sora thought.

"Yeah yeah…"

'Was that Loir? He sounds annoyed…'

His cheeks were being pinched and pulled.

"Wake up sleepy head! Time to get up you cute thing!"

Sora slowly opened his eyes to see a girl Loir's age with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Sora jumped at the sight, he flopped out of his chair and landed with a bap on the floor. He rubbed his eyes and looked back at Loir.

"Hey there dude! I told them about you and they really wanted to see you!" Loir said happily.

"Who..?" Sora said his voice slurred with sleep.

"I'm Kana!" The Dark Brown haired girl said extending her hand to meet his.

"I'm-" Sora started talking her hand, but was interrupted by a bleach blonde colored haired boy.

"We know…Your Sora. Loir's told us all about you…Mr. Keyblade master." He grabbed Sora's other hand. "The names Adam."

Sora was confused.

A young boy with blue pants and a green and white stripped head band approached Sora. Nodding he said: "Hi, My names Jake. I'd shake your hand but it seems you don't have any more free ones."

Sora laughed nervously. Adam let go but Kana wouldn't Sora pulled but she wouldn't let go. She got uncomfortably close to Sora's face and she looked in to his eyes.

"Wow….You have really blue eyes…." She cooed.

Loir arched an eyebrow at Sora, who in panic threw a 'what the hell' look back. Sora stood up, managing to free his hand from Kana's grip, she stood up next to him.

"You're so tall…" Her eyes were bright.

'Maybe if I distract them I can get out quickly….Sheesh, Kairi would skin me alive if she saw me with this girl….'

"Well gotta go beat up some bad guy, hate to meet you all and run but I have to go…uh….now!" Sora spoke quickly rushing out the hatch.

What a wake up call. Sora thought. Better find Donald and Goofy. But before Sora took another step, a flash appeared behind him. Slowly he turned around to find nothing but Loir and his friends getting out of the Gummi Ship and staring at him. He quickened his pace and set off downtown.

Unknown to him, a small red-headed figure was hiding in the shadows, with two others.

Sora roamed the busy streets; people were everywhere, and all looking at him. Did he stick out? Or was it just that he was new to this place? Spotting Donald and Goofy in a nearby Café' he rushed in. Sitting down in an empty seat with them, he picked up a menu and ordered a doughnut. The Trinity trio leaned their heads together to talk quietly among themselves.

"The letter says it was here…" Goofy whispered.

"Yeah…But the problem is where? This town is huge!" Donald fumed.

"We'll have to search…like before." Sora added.

Nodding in agreement they paid the tab and left. Walking in there normal formation of Sora leading, they trumped down the streets, searching for anything, any sign, but there was nothing.

"Should we ask anyone?" Sora said.

"Maybe, but everything usually comes to us…" Goofy pointed out.

A silence came over them, they stood facing each other. Looking at one another they couldn't think of anything but to keep wandering. Surely something would happen?

~*~*~

"Oh Loir! I love your friend!" Kana squealed.

"Yeah dude, he seems awesome." Jake agreed.

Adam nodded.

"Yeah, and once you get to know him, he's really funny!" Loir told his friends. "I think you all freaked him out…"

Adam knocked him on the head with his fist. Loir yelped and clutched his head; he looked up at Adam for an explanation.

"We were being friendly." Adam placed his foot on Loir's head and pushed him.

"I want to talk to him more! I think it's so cool that he's from another world! Their clothes are so different than ours." Kana jumped up and down with excitement.

Loir and his friends were at their usual hang out atop the clock tower. It was a beautiful view of the calm city. His friends talked about Sora and his style of clothing, and Loir thought about why they came back. Suddenly realizing that something bad was going to happen, he shot up, almost falling.

"I'm sorry guys, I have to go!" Loir said ripping open the door leading down the clock tower.

"Wait Loir…Where are you going?!" Kana yelled after him, her face stricken with worry.

Loir pounded down the steps, his heart was beating fast. It all came to him, all at once. It couldn't be him….no! No way! Loir screamed in his mind. Slamming through the base doors, he pivoted and took off down the street in panic. 'I can't let him get to Sora! Oh man…why couldn't I see it before?'

Turning a corner sharply Loir ran into someone, someone small and had red hair.

"Kairi!?" Loir practically yelled.

"Shhh!" She frantically got up and shushed him. "You can't let him know!"

"I thought he told you not to come!" Loir was speaking quickly, time was against him.

"I know…but I couldn't let him do it alone this time!" Kairi whispered hoarsely. "Take me with you…but don't let him know I'm there yet…"

"That's going to be kinda hard…"

"I know...just do it."

Loir nodded and told her to follow him; she pulled up the hood to her cape and followed suit. Loir lead her down a narrowed path, hopping against hope that Sora was going to be somewhere close. He hasn't the time to find him… Poking his head out, he saw Sora standing with Donald and Goofy looking slightly annoyed.

"Sora!" Loir called out.

Sora turned around and waved. 'He doesn't know what's going on…'

"We have to-"

A loud bang erupted above the group. Looking toward the noise there was a black void of swirling purple, seeming to suck everything up around them.

'This is like before!' Sora thought desperately, trying not to loose his balance.

The void's winds picked up, Goofy lost his footing and went shooting up, knocking over Donald in the process, sending them both in to black nothingness.

Sora was beginning to worry, he couldn't leave the two by themselves…they couldn't handle it alone, Sora decided. Looking at Loir, Sora gave him a thumbs up, and jumped, sucked into the void feet first. Loir panicked and lost his footing, Kairi ran out to catch his hand but the force was beginning to be too strong to keep holding ground.

It didn't last long; the swirling stopped a split second after being pulled into the black void. The floor met Sora's face brutally hard. Sitting up, he placed a hand to his lip, it was bruised and bleeding. He stood up all the way and surveyed his surroundings. Donald and Goofy were slowly getting up, battered and bruised also. It seemed they were in what looked like the inside of an old gothic church. Lanterns were flashing a faint lightning blue flame that bounced off the high dark ceiling. Dark satin red curtains covered two tall windows on either side of the hall, the floor was made of black marble, so shined that Sora could see himself in it. Sora noticed Loir rubbing the back of his head and behind him was Kairi; he hood had fallen back, revealing her identity.

"Kairi!? What the-" Sora turned pale.

"Welcome! Welcome one and all. So nice of you to make it here…so last minute." A deep husky voice rang out, echoing through the hall. A man dressed in a black coat stepped forward.

Sora slowly turned around, a fleck of red flew by his face and he froze, noticing that Goofy and Donald had also stopped moving.

'No….' Loir thought desperately. 'This wasn't supposed to happen…NO… I was supposed to stop this very thing…!'

"Calm yourself Loir…I won't hurt him…much. In fact, he'll be hurting you." The man in black spoke smoothly.

"Shut your face Kaven!" Loir yelled at the top of his lungs.

Kairi looked at Sora; his face was blank and his eyes empty and wide. His mouth gapped at the sight of Kaven. Donald and Goofy mimicked the same face and posture. Kairi desperately looked at Loir, whose sight never left the man in black. Kaven pulled back his hood to reveal he had shockingly red hair, similar to Riku's in style but out of the eyes and two green marks under each eye. He raised his hand high above his head and Sora, Donald and Goofy rose to there feet fully.

"W-what's going on…?" Kairi stuttered.

"Damn it…" Loir said quietly, so only Kairi could hear. "I didn't think he do that so early!"

"Do what!?"

"He's possessed them. This is going to be a long battle."

Kaven started laughing, walking toward Sora. He inspected him closely, and messed with his hair. Smiling greedily to himself, like he had just found a bag of free candy.

"Let's test out my new toy." He smirked and pointed his finger. "Sora?"

Sora's head turned sharply in the direction he pointed, at Kairi.

"Go play with her, show her your fist."

Sora began to walk, wobbly at first but steadied as he went further. Kairi was shaking terribly. Sora wouldn't hit her…would he? She thought desperately. Sora began running fast he launched full throttle at her with his fist clenched tight, aiming for her gut, Kairi jumped out of the way at the last second. Sora was hunched over, his eyes were completely empty, and they seemed to be glowing slightly. His arms hung loosely as he cocked his head to the side and looked at Kairi. Her heart melted, it was that puppy dog look… the one he used to get what he wanted. Apparently Kaven can control the facial expressions too. Kairi thought sadly. She didn't want Sora doing this at all. Standing straight as a board he took a few quick steps toward Kairi and unable to avoid the hard blow, was hit straight in the cheek. She yelped painfully and fell to the floor. Sora slammed down on top of her and grabbed the collar of her shirt roughly, lifting his free hand and forming it in to a fist. Kairi knew what was coming; she closed her eyes tightly and waited for impact.

"Now, now Sora…You naughty boy, no more play time for you." Kaven slurred in a cocky attitude. He lifted his hand and Sora stood up. He walked over to Donald and Goofy and the trio stood in there all too familiar form.

Loir was so shocked by all of this that he found it hard to move. How could he possibly beat Kaven, while trying to avoid being beaten to death by Sora, Donald and Goofy?

"I've always wanted to see, how a Keyblade master fights another of the same kind?" Kaven walked near Sora, turned toward him and spoke. "Draw your Keyblade Sora."

Sora followed orders, extending his arm and gripping the air, the Kingdom Key appeared in a flash of blue and yellow light. He threw it into the air, caught it and shouldered the Key as he always was accustomed too.

"Now Loir, draw yours." Kaven grinned.

"No! I won't fight him."

"You will!" Kaven shouted. "Get him Sora! Slash him down!"

Sora lunged at Loir; he ran fast and was light on his toes. He jumped high into the air, lifting the Keyblade above his head and charged down on Loir, forcing him to wield his Keyblade in defense. Loir was pushing against Sora's strength and skills with the Oblivion. Sora jumped back and stood in a pre-battle stance.

Kaven's eyes went in to dangerous slits. "You will fight him."

*~*~*

"You've gone to save your tired soul…You've gone to save our lives…"

Authors Note: Here you go! I'm so happy about al the reviews I got!! Hehe thanks to you all!! I hope I did well in this one…heh… It's longer then the rest so, you better be happy! Review please!!!

LaneJoe