Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ All Just to See You Again ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Don't like? Deal with it, that's how it goes. Thanks for the Reviews!!!!

It seems that some people had slight problems with my last chapter *cough* Emerald31 *cough* Yes your right, it is my story, and I'm making it realistic…Sora and Kairi are not going to be peachy hunky dory all the time…people have fights am I right? ANYWAY hehe I hope you're enjoying my story so far.

If you like Inuyasha fic's go read my buddy, Rikubabe's story. It's good and funny! Also my other buddy FadedDreams is writing a Final Fantasy X2 story and also a Harry Potter, James and Lily story! Check that out too if your all interested.

NOW!!! WE BE OFF!

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~8~

(POV- 3rd)

'Sheesh, He can be such a jerk sometimes!' Kairi huffed as she stomped down the alley way.

In all honesty she can't say he's different. Because he's not… He's just a little more hot-headed then he used to be, still cute as hell, but hot-headed.

Kairi trudged on, rounding a corner into the busy street, Yuffie had told her to go to the café', that either she or Leon would always be in there. Looking up she saw the rusty old sign hanging on its worn hinges. Entering the small shop, she looked around, in the corner Leon was waving to her with a small smile. Kairi walked hurriedly to Leon, said hello and sat down across from him. He was looking down at her hands, inspecting them with the utmost interest.

"What is it?" she asked, still a little on edge.

Leon looked up. "Oh, nothing." He looked away for a second, and then slowly lowered his eyes back down to her hands. "You do realize you have Sora on your hand's right?"

"What?" Kairi looked down at her hands, sure enough there was dried blood on her hands.

"Why didn't you wash them?" Leon asked.

"I rushed out; I remembered something I had to do…"

"…With blood on your hands."

"Yes. What's with all the questions?!"

"You're tense. Have a fight? Is that why you 'rushed out'?" Leon lifted his right hand and made finger quotations.

"How'd you know?" Kairi said leaning back and arching an eyebrow.

"I thought it odd that you'd have blood on your hands, you seem more of a clean person….Like Yuffie." Leon said cockily.

"What about me?" Yuffie inquired.

"Nothing." Leon said looking away blushing slightly.

"Hey Kai! What's up?" Yuffie said in her usual cheery voice.

"I'll tell you, just come to the bathroom with me." Kairi said grabbing Yuffie's arm and leading her to the restroom.

"Ew…. Blood!"

"Sorry…"

__*____*__

Sora's body still hurt, badly. 'Oh well, I'll get over it.' He thought, hands in his pockets walking with his face to the wind. Cringing slightly as his pull over t-shirt jacket zipper hit his soar stomach in a repeated pattern from the unforgiving wind. He was cooled off now, and the guilt was beginning to sink in. Had he been too hard on her? All she was doing was being worried about him.

"God dang it." Sora said bitterly aloud. "Why is it always me that has to feel bad?"

He stopped at a small liquor store, deciding that the best way to stop guilt was to drink it away. Feeling extremely pleased with himself, he decided to share his good fortune with Loir. Opening a small bottle of beer, he walked along a narrow sidewalk taking huge swills. Beginning to feel light headed, he leaned against a window to a small café, and hiccupped his eyes drooped as he grinned with a lost stare.

Leon leaned up from his recently bought smoothie and saw the smashed Sora leaning on the window. He furrowed his eyebrows and squinted to make sure. Yuffie, catching him looking away, turned around and saw Sora.

"Oh gees." She whispered to Leon. "I'll be right back."

Yuffie got up quickly seeing that Sora was crookedly walking away, opening the café door she caught Sora as he fell. His eyes were half open and he stared up at her, still grinning. Pulling himself up he said: "Yuuuuffieeeeeeee" In a slurred, almost inaudible voice. "Come driiink with mee." He held up his empty bottle.

Yuffie sat him down and kneeled next to him, watching him stare with confusion and interest at the bottle. Finally he tossed it behind himself and got up.

"Where's Loir…" He said.

"Not sure." Yuffie said exasperated.

Sora began to smile, a smile that seemed almost menacing.

"I wanna make you feel preetyyy..." Sora threw his body on to Yuffie's. She struggled to hold his weight as he slowly got up.

"But I have-ta go Yuffie. I have to find Loir."

"That's ok dude…" Yuffie said slowly.

Sora walked wobbled legged up the street and Yuffie watched hoping he would be okay on his own. She walked back inside.

Sora was signing loudly outside a house on the outskirts of Twilight Town. Many neighboring houses yelled and threw things, in which Sora swore back at them. Kana came rushing out of her house with glowing eyes. Running up beside him, she goggled at him and grabbed on to his arm forcing him to follow, which in his state, he didn't object he merely hiccupped.

"Where yooou taking me?" Sora slurred out to Kana.

"My house, Loir's here with me." Kana said getting to her door. "Loir look who I found!"

Loir looked up and his face faltered. Sora was drunkenly waving to him, walking over to him, he grabbed Loir's wrist and began to tug.

"C'mon dude, I wanna show you somethin'!"

"What? Show me what?" Loir stammered.

"It's a seeeecret." Sora held a finger to his lips, and tugged Loir out the door.

Sora was leading Loir downtown to a general store; it was late, though the sky didn't show it. Upon entering the store Loir kept a close eye on Sora, who took a few steps and looked around. Loir, staying a good distance behind Sora, acted as if he didn't know him. Looking around Sora seemed to want something.

"I want Porn and Chocolate!" Sora yelled at the top of his lungs, causing Loir to nearly have a heart attack.

The service clerk simply stared at Sora, He was a young man in his late teens, with a greasy face and long hair. Loir tackled Sora to the ground and pinned him down, Looking up to the customers and the clerk he apologized.

"He's not in his right mind…" Loir said helping Sora up, but keeping a grip.

"Ha-ha…I'm never in a right mind! I don't even have one Loire" Sora garbled.

"Don't call me that" Loir murmured as he led Sora out of the store.

"But I didn't get my-"

"I know you didn't. Trust me you don't need it..." Loir sighed.

Loir led him back to the hotel Sora was staying at and opened the door. Making sure Sora would be alright he left, but before doing so, he glanced back and saw that Kairi was asleep on her bed. Wondering what was about to happen if Sora didn't feel like sleeping quite yet…

Kairi wasn't fully asleep, she heard Sora enter. Remembering what happened previously she closed her eyes in a mad tuff and tried to sleep. Slowly opening her eyes, she smelt alcohol. He was out drinking? She thought, feeling as is it was her fault.

She quietly turned her head toward Sora, just to see what he was doing. She was met with Sora's face in hers; her eyes grew wide as she stared at him. He looked drunk, his eye's half open and his mouth in a frown.

"Sorry," he said his voice soft and quiet, before passing out.

She sat in stunned silence looking at his gentle face. He was sitting beside her bed with his head resting on his arms, on her bed. Feeling a weight lift off her shoulders, she smiled, leaned over and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Apology accepted." She said quietly smiling.

~____~

The morning dusk light was bright to Sora, who currently had a hang over and a bad kink in his neck. Opening his eyes, he noted he was still beside Kairi's bed, which she wasn't in. Getting up slowly so he didn't knock himself over by his headache swelling, he wobbly took steps to his bed, when Kairi entered the small room.

"G'morning sleepy head!" She said smiling deeply setting a brown grocery store bag on the small kitchen counter.

"Morning…" Sora said rubbing his tightened neck.

Kairi took off her coat and walked over to Sora; kneeling behind him on the bed she began rubbing his sore neck. Sora let his throbbing head fall as Kairi's massaging sank in.

"That better?" She cooed in his ear.

"Yes, a lot better thank you." Sora sighed and smiled.

"Well I got us some breakfast, it's small, but it will do." Kairi said lightly.

"Yeah, I guess." Sora watched Kairi moving with grace, smiling beside himself.

She opened the brown paper bag and took out the contents. "What would you like?" Kairi questioned turning to Sora who was sitting on the bed with his legs kicked out and his hands resting between his knees.

"What is there?" he said locking his blue eyes with her purple.

She turned away quick and began naming off the purchases. Sora rolled off the bed and walked over to Kairi, peeking over her.

__

It was a bright Sunday morning, Loir was walking happily down the hotel walk way. It was that kind of day where nothing could go wrong.

"God dang it!" Sora shouted. "Hurry up Kai! Save some hot water for me!" Sora was yelling loud enough for the whole city to hear, he was banging his fist hard on the bathroom door.

BAM

Kairi was just getting out of the shower, she shrieked and grabbed her towel quickly and clutched it to her wet body.

Sora stared dumbfounded.

Kairi stared in shock.

Loir was just outside Sora and Kairi hotel room door. "Number 1-7-" He began.

Another loud bang erupted from the small room, nearly scaring Loir off the edge of the two story walk-way. He clutched the bar fence and waited. Slowly he stepped toward the door and opened it with quiet ease. Sora was hunched on the floor getting bathroom items thrown at him.

"I was just getting out pervert!" Kairi screamed.

"You were in there for two whole hours!" Sora yelled back. "I thought ya might have drowned or something!"

"Why would you care!?"

Sora stuttered and glared.

"Yeah that's what I thought. I'm sure you would care if I was your little ninja friend." Kairi said coldly.

"Oh…" Sora said hardly above a hurt whisper. "That was harsh…" He continued quietly arching an eyebrow, hunching over in mock pain, clutching his side and pretending to rip out a knife.

"I believe this is yours…" He said holding out his hand as if the knife was in it.

"Oh shut up…" Kairi quickly gripped a conditioning hair squirt bottle and aimed it at Sora threateningly. Sora grabbed his belt and held it as if he would whip her.

Loir cleared his throat and stood straight in the door way, staring with wide eyes.

"An interesting site. Sora naked save for boxers…Kairi naked save for a towel." Loir raised his hand to his chin, getting a suspicious look on his face. "Both holding interesting items…whip and chain's anyone? Very kinky…."

"Get out!" They both screamed.

Sora turned to Kairi to find a small blush across her slightly pale cheeks.

"What…" Sora said in a whisper.

"….I-I meant you too!" Kairi yelled, getting over the fact that he was in nothing but boxers and socks. She giggled.

"What?!"

Kairi tucked in her towel and pushed Sora out the door.

"But I'm not finished!"

"I am!" Kairi slammed the door in his face. She leaned back on it and laughed listening to him.

"But I didn't get mine!" he whined through the door.

A neighboring door opened and Yuffie's head popped out. Her thin black eyebrows perked up when she saw Sora standing out side in his underwear.

"Well well." Yuffie said slyly.

"Shut up." Sora said turning his back to Yuffie and beginning to walk away.

Yuffie laughed lightly and followed his slowly. "You sure you want to walk around like that?" she said raising her cocky tone.

Sora picked up his pace, while Yuffie remained right behind him grabbing the lining of his boxers with her index finger and snapping it back. Sora wheeled around, holding the small of his back lightly as he made eye contact with Yuffie. She smirked and quickly shoved Sora playfully against the wall holding him with her right hand. He pushed her hand away with a half smile and began to walk back to his room, Yuffie still wanting to play lifted him up from the back and swing him around.

"Yuffie!" Sora yelled, trying not to laugh.

Yuffie set him down but kept her arms around his neck. "Just remember…" She whispered in his ear, causing him to stand straight. "You're only one year younger then me…"

Yuffie playfully pushed him into his door and walked back to her room, looking back at him before she entered. Sora sat watching where she once was thinking of what she had said…what she had meant. Humph. Ah well nothing important… Sora thought.

"Kairi?"

"What?"

"Can I come ba-" Sora stuttered.

Kairi opened the door and leaned on it, she examined him and smiled. She prodded him in the chest, grabbed his arm and pulled him in.

__

Sora was walking down one of the open streets of Twilight Town looking for Loir, fully dressed now of course, Kairi let him in finally. Smirking to himself, he focused on finding Loir.

Adam was sitting in a Shop's parlor eating a hamburger and fries. He was alone, Sora stared over to him.

"Hey!" He said to Adam.

Adam perked up and smiled.

"Yo!" He said, waving.

"What's up?" Sora said leaning on the parlors fence.

"Not much, are you looking for Loir?"

"Yes, actually," Sora said "You know where he is?"

"Hmm…Last time I saw him he was head toward the clock tower…" Adam put a finger to his chin thoughtfully. "Eh, he's over there somewhere."

Jake came up and sat down in the chair across from Adam. They said hello, and Jake acknowledged Sora with a smile and a nod.

"Do you know where Loir is?" Adam asked Jake.

"Yeah, he's at the clock tower." Jake said knowingly.

"Alrighty! C'ya!" Sora said waving goodbye.

"Bye!"

"See you later dude."

Sora set off toward the clock tower, seeing it in the distance. He passed by Loir's work without realizing what it was. Loir's Master looked out the window and watched Sora walk. The wind blew through Sora's hair as he came closer to the shore. He arrived at the tower and looked up at it in all its magnificence. Sora raised his hand to his forehead and smiled and began though the door.

Loir was a little nervous, sitting up there all alone with just Kana. He watched her with the utmost respect, watching her smile made him happy. He hoped that she wasn't bored with him, he was always afraid of that.

She looked at him, her silky brown hair blowing in the wind. She smiled her graceful smile and looked into his eyes. Loir quickly smiled and looked back down blushing. She watched him and giggled.

"You're silly Loir." She gushed.

Loir side looked her.

"You're a sweetie too…" Kana pinched Loir's cheek lightly. "Too bad you're younger then me."

"Only by a year…" Loir said rubbing his cheek.

"Yeah well…"

A moment passed.

"Does it really matter….?" Loir said quietly, afraid of her answer.

She looked at him, straight face, her eyebrows raised. He stared at her, his eyes half open, he sighed. Kana smiled slowly and rested her head on his shoulder.

"No, it doesn't matter."

They sat in silence.

__

Sora was straining to walk up the rest of the steps to the top, he was panting and his legs ached badly, he though hurriedly how the heck they were able to climb this everyday. Slowing down and opening the exit finally he stopped. Seeing Loir and Kana sitting next to each other reminded him of Kairi and himself, he thought about approaching them, but then he didn't want to interrupt. Yeah, I'll just go…Sora thought.

"Oh, Hi Sora!" Kana's high voice rang out.

'Dang.' Sora thought.

He turned around and raised his hand the back of his neck and laughed nervously. Loir looked at him without any trace of any emotion, save for his cheeks that were slightly reddened. Kana smiled hugely, and stood up with Loir.

"What's up dude?" Loir said.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt…" Sora said shamelessly.

"Your not." Kana said.

"He's not?" Loir looked at her with a look.

"I'm not?" Sora said surprised.

Kana laughed lightly at the boys and walked to the edge of the clock tower, leaving them to talk. Sora slung an arm over Loir's shoulder and talked quietly to him so Kana couldn't hear.

"I wanted to show you something…"

"What?" Loir questioned.

"It was a world I visited a while back. Halloween Town, I thought you'd like to see it since you've only been here and to Destiny Islands…"

"Oh yeah, that would be cool!" Loir said excitedly.

"Want to go now?"

"Sure, but just a sec."

Sora watched Loir walk over to Kana and put his hand on her shoulder. She nodded; Loir squeezed her shoulder and turned back to Sora.

"Let's be off!" Loir clapped his hands together.

__

Sora and Loir arrived at the Gummi Ship in a matter of 15 minutes, walking the whole way wasn't easy but it didn't take long. Loir sat in the co-pilots seat as Sora in the Pilots. Sora started up the Gummi ship with a loud BOOM, he revved the engine and they were off.

Chip's voice rang out through the cockpit, telling detailed airways, and the fastest way to Halloween Town. Loir and Sora talked about various things, their homes, friends, Kana, Kairi, Keyblade's, pretty much anything. Loir was having a ball, he told Sora in great detail how he came across his long-lost Keyblade's (unknown to Loir that they were Sora's), and his theory on being able to wield them.

"It was actually kind of weird…" Loir began, his feet resting on the dash board. "I was sleeping… just normally sleeping one night. I woke up; well I thought I woke up anyway… There was this voice in my head telling me things. It gave me choices of weapons, I picked one and it told me what to do. So I did it…"

Sora listened intensely to Loir with a frustrated look on his face. It was weird…the same thing happened to him….

"Pretty soon I was standing alone on the top of this…thing it was a huge platform, with like…church looking windows. I was standing in the middle and this thing came up behind me! It was huge and white, I started to run, and almost fell off the platform."

'Loir's getting really excited about this.' Sora thought.

"Anyway! I got pulled through this vortex black thing…and woke up. It was like it never happened. But as time passed, my master…He said he had something for me. That he wanted me to test this weapon, so I agreed. When I arrived at his office, he handed me this."

Loir whipped out the Oblivion, and examined it.

"He told me he found it on a body of a young boy in red shorts that he thought was dead. So he took it. My Master told me to practice with it. After I did, he told me that I was gifted because I could wield it, that I was one of four that could…I didn't understand. But now I do, because I met you. So, after I practiced a while with the Oblivion, he gave me the Oathkeeper. Told me he searched the body in red shorts for anything else he could use and found it."

"Uh-huh?"

"I wonder who's they were…"

Sora looked away for a second, and then focused on steering.

"They were mine." He said flatly.

Loir looked flabbergasted.

"Yours?!"

"Yep…mine. I used to wear red shorts. I was knocked out from a battle and woke up and they were gone. I thought I had lost them, you see, the Oathkeeper was from Kairi…"

"…" Loir was looking at Sora with a very confused facial expression.

"What….?" Sora said in a monotone.

"Someone took your pants….?" Loir said slowly.

"…I was talking about the Keyblade's! I woke up and the Keyblade's were gone!"

"…OH!"

Loir brought out the Oathkeeper in a flash of white and yellow and looked at it with the look of shame.

"She gave it to me after I saved her heart. It was trapped inside me, the whole time. She gave it to me and told me not to loose it, that when I came back home I was to give it back to her because it was her lucky charm…"

Loir lowered his head. "I feel like I stole it …"

Sora laughed lightly, making Loir not feel as bad. "Don't worry about it."

Loir looked at the Oblivion's key chain; it looked like Sora's necklace.

"How weird...What else happened to you Sora?"

"Eh…too much to say…." Sora laughed.

The ship suddenly jerked and shook Loir out of his seat. Sora struggled to maintain control over the ship, an alarm sounded, loud, almost earsplitting. Loir had slapped his hands to his ears and was cringing at the sound; Sora grabbed the Gummi ships walky-talky and yelled down to Chip and Dale.

"What the heck's going on?!" Sora screamed above the ringing.

"There's something wrong with the tracker!" Chip yelled back.

"What do you mean?!"

"A world's pulling us in!"

"What?!" Sora yelled, trying to steer with one hand.

"It's hard to tell what world…It's really dark and rocky." Dale's voice piped up through the walky-talky.

"Shoot." Sora whispered frustrated. "I can't control this thing anymore!"

"Just let it go! A chain broke, we'll fix it when you land and we can be off again." Chip said calmly.

Sora agreed and began slowly releasing the gas pedal; they steadily floated down toward the rocky dark world. Landing wasn't easy but Sora managed it. Stumbling out of the door way he looked around, Loir stood next to him, amazed by the world's almost total darkness.

"Wow, I can hardly see." Loir said in awe.

Sora stood quietly, examining his situation. He wished Donald and Goofy had come, instead of staying with Leon and Yuffie. Sora was very uneasy about fighting without them, especially with Loir who was compared to Sora, inexperienced.

The two walked inside a tall cave like tower, the room was barely lit, and it gave it a more of a cave appearance. The floor was mucky and damp, making it hard for the boys to walk normally. Loir was mumbling about his shoes while Sora concentrating on finding the source of the gravity pull. They entered a spacious hall way lit with only 2 torches to each side. The floor was still a muddy mess, even worse then the last room, they kept walking in silence, and Loir seemed upset for and odd reason. A sly wind blew ever so slightly, gracing Loir's cheek, causing him to jerk slightly and whip his head around in a hurried motion. He watched the dim torches with alert eyes. They rippled and swayed from the oncoming breeze. It blew harshly, exhausting them almost completely; Sora stopped without warning and looked around, wide eyed. He pulled out the Kingdom Key and stood cautiously. In an instant the torches flared a brilliant blue, Loir and Sora both jumped and backed into each other.

"Aw crap…" Loir whined.

"What…?" Sora said anxiously.

"The torches…same thing happened when you were possessed."

"Is it…?"

"Kaven." Loir said gravely.

A shrill laugh broke out and filled the damp hall way. It seemed as if there were more then one, slowly surrounding Sora and Loir until they were trapped.

"Catch me if you can…" the voice said in a deep whisper.

Loir burst into a furious run, pulling out the Oblivion as he went.

"Stay here, I'll be right back!" Loir yelled.

Sora stood in a stunned shock, Loir's the amateur… Shouldn't he be the one staying? He huffed a frustrated huff and looked around, obviously he wasn't going to sit in this muddy room, he was ankle deep in god knows what. Sora slowly walked into the next room, trying not to fall or loose a shoe. Making a face, Sora tried to open the metal and oak door and pull his foot out of the sticky yucky mud at the same time. The heavy door flew open and Sora fell through, his foot twisting painfully and finally coming with him

Sora stood up, cringing at the pain in his foot, and examining the room, it was entirely blank, the floor was made of black marble and the walls were made of white. A single torch lit the room, splattering the white walls with a splash of red and orange. Sora carefully walked through, he sat down gently and removed his shoe to look at his twisted ankle. It was swollen, which was to expect, Sora poked it carefully with the innocents of a young child, he poked it again, more harshly and yelped, his eyes watered slightly as he clutched his sore ankle. Sora put his shoe back on and lay on the marble. His ankle was really killing him, his head was spinning and his vision blurred slightly and went back to normal. The cold floor felt nice, he was burning hot, it was odd how the smallest things can send your body's immune system crashing down. He rolled over on to his stomach and let his cheek lay on the floor, he wished Kairi were there, a back rub sounded good…

An echoing step caught Sora's attention, he raised his head slowly and raked his hears so hard to listened it made his head twinge in pain. Clearly whatever it was, it was trying to be quiet, and Sora gradually got up, also not wanting to be heard. He kneeled down and grabbed the Kingdom Key. The clapping of the silent walker came again, Sora whipped around, desperately guessing where it would come out. Soon it came quicker and quicker, the marble walls echoing the endless sound. Almost to annoying to bear, cringing Sora stepped back towards the door he came through.

Kaven appeared in the door slamming it shut and locking it, he turned towards Sora and smirked, his voice was icy as he spoke.

"Nice to see you again…"

"Shut it…" Sora said angrily, felling a twinge in his temple, but shook it off.

"That's the problem with 'good' people like you; the skills of possession only work once on you, all that 'light' blocks it out."

Sora glared at Kaven with pure hatred, he could murder this guy in cold blood and wouldn't care of the consequences.

"You touched Kairi…" he whispered.

"Yes…very soft she is…" Kaven laughed cockily.

Before Sora could reply, Kaven pulled out two circular weapons, and spun then quickly. He casted an earthquake spell that came shooting toward Sora, who just barely missed it. Kaven laughed beside himself, launching another magic attack at Sora, also just missing.

"You better run boy," Kaven said with a deep voice. "The next one won't miss."

He began to spin his spiked weapons high above his head; the floor shook violently almost knocking Sora off his feet. The heavy vibrations made his foot feel very much broken, he hesitated wondering if he should run… if he even could run…

The marble broke apart, split piece swarming into the air. Realizing that they weren't going to stay there for long, Sora bolted from the room as fast as his injured ankle would let him. The mud slowed him down, holding his foot in a painful way. Pulling himself out of the main room, Sora ended up outside, Kaven followed suit, causing destruction to the entire main hall.

Sora stopped, his lungs burned from running so quickly. It was hard to see, a dense fog had covered the building like cave, to the point where it was practically gone from view, as well as its surroundings. Sora glanced around; surly Kaven would show up soon. Catching his breath, he released pressure on his ankle, he shouldn't be running on it...but he really had no choice…

The fog was lifting slightly; Kaven's laughter rang out and echoed. Sora whipped around and looking him right in the eye.

"No where to go?"

Sora glared.

"You're like a trapped kitten." He teased coolly.

Kaven pulled back his fist and punched Sora in the jaw, sending him stumbling backward. His heel seemed to loose ground. He quickly looked down to see that he was just barley on the side of a cliff. He jumped forward and raised the Keyblade to his shoulder. Kaven brought out circular weapons and prepared himself for battle. Leaping forward, Sora placed both hands on the Keyblade's grip and slashed it into Kaven's abdomen, he clutched it and swore loudly. He held out his arms at there full length and spun his weapons in one quick motion. Fire shot at Sora in fast flaming bursts, hurling past him at break-neck speeds, flying past his head, arm, and grazing his right hip, burning him deeply. He cringed and held it tightly.

They were locked in a fierce battle, none having the upper hand, but each stealthily avoiding harder blows. Sora was sleek, fast and hard to hold down, while Kaven was quick and dodged Sora's attacks with skill, but he had one thing wrong, one thing he never guarded, his legs.

They fought for what seemed eternities, both wounded, Sora was bleeding heavily from another slash over his deep burn, it hurt like breaking your foot off, or one thousand burning hot knives stabbing in to it on by one and never stopping. He held the double-wound tightly, trying to slow the massive blood loss, he kept his left eye closed, and there was a fairly deep cut on the far left side, straight from his eyebrow to his cheek. Kaven held a lot of small injuries, equal in pain to Sora's major ones. Sora's leg was killing him now, more then ever; his entire leg was numb with pain.

Both were panting hard, both were injured. Kaven was shocked that Sora had lasted so long and had done so much damage.

"Li-little whelp!" Kaven panted angrily.

"…Jerk…!" Sora yelled.

Kaven noticed where Sora was standing, he had ended up on the edge of the cliff, he laughed at the fact that Sora hadn't noticed.

"I'm ending this now," He laughed, launching himself at Sora in full force.

He rammed into Sora knocking him backward, his left foot slipped off the edge, and Kaven grabbed his wrist. Sora was only living because of Kaven holding on to him, his right foot was just barely on the edge of the cliff itself. He had a death grip on Sora's wrist; the circulation was being cut off.

"Looks like I wont be seeing you again…" Kaven smirked coldly and let go.

Sora lost his footing and fell as Kaven turned and walked away. Unknown to him, Sora had caught himself on the ledge. Dangling by his hand, he thought frantically that he didn't have enough energy to pull himself up. He tried and grunted when he fell back to where he began. Sora was getting frightened that he was going to fall, and hurdle to a horrible death on pointy rocks. A moment passed, his hand was going numb, slipping and slipping every second. Sora closed his eyes and tried one more time. He swung up his right hand and grabbed onto the cliff, another hand clapped onto his wrist. Sora didn't bother to look, he knew who it was, and he began beating the hand away until the unknown person grabbed his flailing hand. Sora's eyes snapped open at the touch. He looked up in to the eyes of his long lost beast friend.

"Riku…."

He grunted and grabbed Sora's arm with his other hand and pulled him up, Sora sat on his knees and stared at the panting Riku. He looked at Sora with his eyes half open and his eyebrows rose. He smiled and stood up. Sora looked up at him, still startled by Riku just showing up out of nowhere. Sora's eyes went blurry, and he stood up facing his friend, his eye's began watering and he wiped it away quickly and smiled.

"Hey…"

"Hi…" Sora said quietly.

An awkward moment passed.

"I'm sorry…that it took me so long to, you know, come back." Riku said rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's fine,"

"Is..uh…Kairi okay? Have you seen her?"

"She's fine,"

"Your kind of beat up… you okay?" Riku asked skeptic of his answer.

"I'm fine…"

"Bull."

"Okay, so I'm a little messed up…" Sora laughed.

Riku glanced around, seeing destruction from the battle; he let out a long slow whistle. Blood was just about everywhere, fire was crackling in areas and the earth had been brought up in many places.

"You come here alone?" Riku said facing Sora again.

"No, I came here with Loir…a new guy." Sora walked up to Riku. "I don't know where he is, or if he's okay for that matter…"

"Why don't we look for him then…?" Riku turned and began climbing over the rubble of the main hall, he looked back. "You coming?" he said.

Sora nodded and began climbing, watching Riku at the same time. He was now wearing baggy dark blue jeans, and a black t-shirt with a black zip up vest. His hair was longer, now a little past his shoulders, he was still taller then Sora.

Riku found the door and opened it with force, and climbed through it, Sora followed suit. They walked through a dimly lit room, almost to dark to see. Riku's head jerked and his arms fell to his side; he turned slowly to Sora, his eyes blank.

_____~*

"…I'm waiting for this sky to fall…I'm waiting for a sign…"

Authors Note: Long enough for you all? :-p now…try and tell me that THAT was a short chapter. (Mumbles to self "ill kill you if you do!") Hehe…I hope you all enjoy!!!

Riku's baaaaack, pleased? You better be. More violence ahead! See you next time!

-LaneJoe