Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere Out There ❯ Seeing Double, Child and Teen! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-A Sora and Kairi Story-

Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney characters and all references belong to there respected owners, Square Soft and Disney. They, in now way belong to me.

Authors Note: In this story Sora's moms name is Katherine, Riku's moms name is Carrie, and Kairi's moms name is Karen. And the BHK from KHII, I have dubbed him Loir. Thanks for the Reviews!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the long chapter, I'm not sure if this one will be as long though!

Somewhere Out There

Chapter- ~9~

(POV- 3rd)

"R-riku? You okay?" Sora said barley above a whisper, backing up slightly.

Riku said nothing, just walked rigid toward Sora, His eyes half open, his mouth open slightly. Sora pulled out the Keyblade and continued to back up, his heart was racing, bashing painfully against the confines of his chest, making in hard for him to breathe properly.

"Riku…I don't want to fight you…"

"Yes you do," He replied in a slurred voice, unlike his cool, smooth one.

"No... I don't…"

Riku pulled out a new weapon, a lustrous, sleek samurai sword and brandished it at Sora, he side-stepped himself slowly, as Sora did the same. A traditional sword fight, clashing metal to be heard all around to those listening, Riku smirked and jumped forward then back, compelling Sora to jump in surprise. Sora lowered his eyebrows, glaring at the now possessed Riku. Sora repeated himself. "I do not want to fight you "he said slowly," but if you do swing the first blow...I will not hesitate to attack

Riku brought his swords handle to his eye level and stood in battle stance, awaiting Sora's next move. He hit the Keyblade lightly against Riku's blade, and slid it along it, still staring him directly in the eye. Riku lunged suddenly, hitting Sora in the temple with the base of his weapon; Sora faltered and stumbled away from him, holding his now throbbing head. He wasn't ready for another fight; his body still ached from Kaven. Lashing out at Riku, Sora jumped forward and rammed the Keyblade in to the backside of his knee, sending him crashing down. He almost immediately jumped back up and pounced on Sora, sending them flying backward, Riku, straddling Sora's hips, raised his shinning sword above his head; both hands placed on the handle, and plunged it deep into Sora's shoulder. Sora cried out loudly, feeling the hot blade sink in to the ground underneath him and the warm liquid spreading on to his cold, bare arm. Sora's wail of pain seemed to jar Riku a bit; he pulled out the blade quickly and pulled Sora onto his feet by the collar of his shirt. Sora's knee's felt weak under him, he had never been stabbed before, and he had never lost a lot of blood. He coughed a deep chest cough and blood seeped from his mouth. The blood seemed almost scorching hot, as it ran freely and moved quickly down his chest and back, staining his black and white clothing a deep blood red. Sora gripped Riku's hands weakly and pushed him off; Sora's leg's seemed like jell-o, as he blundered backward, his eyes watered from the pain, he began to feel light headed, and nauseous. Riku took a step toward Sora smirking at him, raising his bloody sword. Sora's insecure legs failed him and he fell backward, catching himself with his arms, he yelped painfully as the motions and vibrations hit his shoulder.

Seeing that Riku was going to strike again, Sora grabbed the Kingdom Key and hurled it at Riku, hoping it would hit somewhere that would immobilize him.

"Bingo…" Sora heaved out, watching Riku double over and hit the ground moaning. (A/N: *wiggling eyebrows*)

Sora let his back hit the ground fully and breathed deeply, it was getting harder and harder to breathe. It was like something was pressing down on his chest, as hard as they could, bit by bit. Sora's fingers were cold, he flexed and un-flexed them, trying to get feeling in them. He coughed lightly, and tasted blood in his mouth, he turned over and spit, blood still dripping from his mouth. He tried to sit up, his strong arms pushing, his muscles popping out. His arms gave out beneath him, and he sank slowly back down and rested his head on the cold dirt ground, letting out a painful groan. He was crying from the pain, tears spilling on to the ground.

Riku sat up, his eyes back to looking alive, and he recoiled at the sight of the pool of deep blood in front of him. He clasped a hand to his mouth and desperately looked for Sora, seeing him on his side, lying in his own blood. 'How could he have possibly have gotten that beaten up?!" Riku felt his blade in his hand; he glanced down and saw the blood, dripping and drying on its sleek surface and shot his head up to Sora. The amount of blood around him was growing, his body was racked with sobs of pain, and he shook violently. Riku approached him quickly, afraid to see what he had done. Sora's brow was furrowed, as he clutched his shoulder, blood dripping down his hand. Riku almost retched, he clapped a hand to his face and looked away, sure he had been to darkness, but nothing this bad ever happened. His best friend was laying in front of him, almost bleeding to death, Riku turned him over and sat him up, and his face was turning pale quickly. Sora opened his eyes, just barely and watched Riku and he slung his arm over his shoulder and helped him up. Sora winced, and held his hand to his side for a moment, then let it fell beside him, limply. His eyes are almost inhuman looking to his paling face, he tried to speak.

"I-I'm sorry," He spat out as they walked to the exit.

"Don't apologize to me Sora. You did nothing." Riku said with his voice shaking. "I'm ashamed of myself to let that happen," he threw his blade to the side.

"…"

"I no longer want to use that, if its part of your undoing."

Riku tried to walk fast so he could help Sora, but he just couldn't keep up, his feet just refused to let him walk and faster then an infant could. Sora's head bobbed up and down, as they got closer to the exit, he needed to be taken care of fast.

"I'm cold." He said abruptly.

"I'm sorry, look, were almost there…" Riku said with a twinge of hope in his voice.

They approached the exit to the outside, stepping out it seemed a lot brighter then it had originally had been. Loir was sitting alone, head in his hands. Riku must have guessed it was Loir because he led Sora to him. Loir looked up at the two, he held a fake smile and was a little banged up, he was trying to hold something bad in, he spoke quietly.

"I…I couldn't do it."

Sora was taking huge breaths now, Loir looked worried.

"We have to go." He said, standing up.

"Can you drive that?" Riku asked.

"Yeah, I can."

"Good, let's go. Help me with him please?"

Loir grabbed Sora's other arm and the two boys helped him in, they laid him down on the Gummi ship floor, and Loir told him where everything was as he revved the engine and took off.

Riku grabbed a towel and tried to clean him up, it wasn't helping. More blood seem to come, he held his stab wound tightly, deciding that was the best thing for him.

"Where are we going?" Riku asked, breaking the silence.

"Twilight Town, that's where everyone is,"

Loir looked back at Riku.

"Who are you anyway?"

"Riku, my names Riku."

"Aah... So you're Riku,"

"Your Loir right?" Riku asked. "Sora told me…"

__

It was night in Twilight Town, though the sky never showed it. Sora was being carried piggyback style by Riku. Loir was leading him to a hospital; they burst into a run as they came closer. Loir opened the emergency door and yelled for someone to help.

A nurse came running with an I.V and another with an emergency gurney. Sora was pulled off of Riku and speedily rushed to the doctors. Riku stood a saddened blank look on his face. A nurse approached him and smiled sweetly. "Would you like a change of clothes Hun?" Riku nodded. His back was now covered in Sora's blood; he could feel it seeping lower to the hem of his pants. The nurse led him to a changing room, and told Loir to see a Doctor Lumrey about his cuts.

__^*

The smell of cleanliness and medicine was in the air; Sora opened his eyes slowly and looked around, feeling sick to his stomach. He felt like he could hardly move, His left eye was covered by a bandages as well as his shoulder. He tried to sit up, but fell back down as soon as he felt the pain in his shoulder. He looked down, he had hospital clothing on and his shirt was open, his shoulder had blood slightly coming through the bandages. Sora's eyes fell upon his chest; his necklace was gone and replaced by a teardrop one. He twisted it lightly around his fingers and inspected it smiling, it was Kairi's.

"Hey…" a soft voice cooed from the doorway.

Sora turned his head with his eyebrows raised, Kairi stood with a light smile on her face, and she was wearing his necklace.

"Hi…" Sora said in a scratchy voice and watched her with his shining half opened blue eyes.

"How you feeling?" she asked sitting on the side of the bed.

"Fine…I guess." Sora said yawning.

"That's good," she reached her hand up and delicately pushed a few strands of Sora's spiky hair off his face so she could see him better. "How's your shoulder?"

"It hurts." Sora said softly, watching her.

"I bet…" She whispered and grabbed Sora's hand and held it loosely. "Riku feels real bad…"

"He shouldn't..."

"He knew you'd say that, and he counters that with a 'he can't help it'." She giggled to herself.

Sora's eyes drifted to her neck and lower, he watched his crown necklace shine happily around her neck. It glinted at him as if it was teasing him about touching Kairi's bosom. It banged lightly against her chest and winked at him. His eye twitched.

"You little perv…" Kairi said in mock anger, pulling his blanket above his head.

"N-no!" Sora said, his voice muffled by the blanket.

He tried to lift his right arm, but winced and pushed the blanked back down with his left.

"I was looking at the necklace…" Sora wined.

"Hee-hee, I know you silly bum… But," Kairi leaned down, her chest lightly hitting his; his eyes widened as she embraced him slowly and breathed in to his ear. "I wouldn't have minded anyway…"

Sora's body tensed at what she had said, and rested his hand on her upper arm and sighed nervously.

Riku appeared in the doorway, Kairi pushed her self up accidentally hitting Sora's shoulder. He yelped quite loudly and she jumped.

"Oh my god! Sora…oh no…I'm sorry…wha..? What's that..? f..u..fuck?......Ah! You swore!!"

Riku seemed to be at a loss for words, he still stood in the door way, in a stunned silence. "Wow…" he said shocked. "I caused a riot!"

He suddenly moaned sadly and threw himself on the edge of Sora's bed; Sora sat up and watched him confused. Riku was hysterically sobbing, it was freaking Sora out.

"Get a grip Riku!" Sora said exasperated, holding his shoulder.

"I'm sorry dude! It was my entirely my fault."

"No…no it's not…" Sora said flatly.

Loir bounced down the white hallways wearing a hospital shirt like Sora's with the tie up back, and white semi-short shorts, whistling to himself, he was going to see how Sora was.

He rounded the corner and caught sight of Sora's door, the door was the kind that swung outward into the hall way, not into the room. "1-2-…"

BAM

Loir hit the door. Smack dab, forehead and everything. He fell back into the hall way and lay there dazed. Riku opened the door and looked around, then glanced down.

"Well Hi there Loir…You got a weird way of knocking…."

"…geh…" Loir tried to sit up, Riku grabbed his hand and pulled him up and dragged him in. Plopping him down on a near by chair, he looked at Loir's bandages. He had a white ace bandage around his head and a small band aid on his cheek, his left foot and half of his leg was bandaged as well and the heel of his right.

"You got hit in the leg's a lot." Kairi noted.

"Yeah, Kaven likes to hit there." Loir said sheepishly.

"What did you tell the nurses about what happened to me Loir?" Sora asked.

"They never ask…they think it's heartless or the nobodies. They always attack innocent people."

Kairi scooted closer to Sora, she was shaking slightly. Sora watched her as he got very close to him; she was wearing a pink school girl skirt with a white tank top. Yuffie burst through the door, slamming it into Loir who fell off the chair backward.

"Sora!!" Yuffie screamed, flying in between Kairi to clamps on to Sora, hugging him tightly.

"Yu-yu I can't breathe!" Sora spat out. "…and you're hurting me!"

"I'm sorry…I'm just glad you're okay…"

"Where's Leon?"

BAM

Kairi jumped up and opened the door. "Found him!"

Leon walked in rubbing his head with an annoyed look. "Damn door's." He grumbled. "Shouldn't they open in to the room and not out?"

Loir was smiling at him.

"What?"

"The same thing happened to him…" Sora said, trying to get Yuffie's arms un-clamped from him.

Kairi observed Yuffie's frantic ways to show Sora how much she cares; she raised an eyebrow and giggled a bit. Sora was funny to watch, desperately trying to get her off with out moving his shoulder drastically. Kairi stood up abruptly and smiled at Sora; he caught her eye and looked at her with a puzzled look.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Kairi asked.

"Sure…" Sora relied.

He scooted off the bed slowly, not wanting to hurt himself. Kairi grabbed his bandaged wrist and gently tugged him along in to the white halls of the hospital. Sora watched her with growing interest, she kept her head forward, a smile on her lips and her eye's twinkling.

"What are you so happy about?" Sora smirked and raised an eyebrow.

(POV switch. 1st- Kairi)

He's smiling at me. I know he is… I think to myself as I try to suppress a giggle.

"Oh nothing!" I look back at him and see he's totally confused. I glance around the bright halls and pull him into a near by closet to talk to him.

I can tell by the way he's breathing he's a little freaked out. He took a sharp intake as soon as I shut and locked the door. I whipped around and embraced him, being careful of his shoulder. He winced slightly and took a small step back. He seemed reluctant to put his arms around me, but after a second or two, I felt his hand ease up the small of my back, which made me smile giddily.

What's come over me? Why do I suddenly want to tell him something I have darned not say for a year? I feel like a small child, attracted to a large bag of candy. I pull back slightly and smile sweetly at him, I watch his bewildered eyes stare at me with unsure emotion; he seems at a loss for words.

I decide to break the silence. "I never got a chance to thank you." I began.

"…For what?" he said quietly.

"For coming back home…for keeping your promise." I twisted a strand of his hair around my finger.

He shrugged it off. "It-it was nothing?"

"Of course,"

I spoke quietly, as did he. There was an odd sense of longing between the two of us, I knew he knew it. He looked cute in the dark closet, in the white long t-shirt that's neck was too big. It fell off his shoulder, leaving bandaged injury bare. He never seemed to notice, or care. His hair was extra mess from the battle and sleep, it stuck up in many places and strands fell in to his face as he talked and moved his head.

"I want to give you something before we go back to the room." I said slowly, leaning in to him.

"What…?" he leaned in as well.

__

I watched Sora out of the corner of my eye as we walked back to the room. He had s slight blush on his cheeks, and he kept his posture stiff as a board. I think he was still nervous, or at least jumpy from everything. He caught my eye and looked away quickly, blushing even more. I smiled and giggled aloud; he grinned crookedly and scratched the back of his head.

We entered Sora's small hospital room to see Leon and Yuffie sitting together, and talking with Adam. Loir's friend's had stopped by. Kana was obsessing over Loir's wounds, and was massaging his foot gently. Jake seemed to be missing, thought I can't see why he wouldn't be here. Sora crawled back into his bed slowly and plopped down in exhaustion. I fell sort of sorry for him, in a way.

After fifteen minutes passed, Jake appeared in the doorway holding a big box of doughnuts from Johan's bakery. He claimed them to be the best in the entire universe and wholly crap, they were. My mouth watered as I ate the sugar coated sweetbread, I smiled happily. Everything was going good, everyone was happy even the injured boys. I must give them credit, for all that's happened, they have held out remarkably well.

I was ecstatic to see Riku again; it felt like I had hugged him for ages. I didn't want to let go, not right away. I sit next to Sora's bed staring off into space with a smile on my face. I listen partly to Sora's conversation with Riku, something about Key's or locks…I didn't know which. I was too preoccupied with my thoughts. I had shocked myself, by what I had done in the closet.

I had kissed him. Not on the lips, but right next to them on his lower cheek. He seemed shocked at first, he looked down, and his face beat red. I felt something lift off my shoulders, I'm glad I finally at least did that. I'm not ready to kiss him on the lips just yet…

I looked around the room at everyone laughing and enjoying themselves, they seemed so distant…why? Why where they so far away? My body feels so weightless, like there's nothing to me. I glanced down, I was falling up and nobody was noticing. I can't scream…my voice…it…it's gone…my throat aches. Sora…Sora save me, Riku…somebody. Please. Why can't I move? Why can't I breathe…?

I land gently in a dark room, the floor was cold and my head was throbbing. I sit up, supporting my weight with my arms. I looked around, I can't see anything.

"Hello?" I say, hearing my own voice echo back to me.

A flash of light appeared in front of me, almost blinding. Kaven stood looking down at me, but not at me. He was just staring. I stand up and walk around him. Why is he not attacking me? I think harshly. He's like a statue…a really ugly statue.

"Kairi…" I hear my name, I turn and see a very young Sora standing behind me, his eye black and his cheek bruised.

"S-sora?!" I was shocked. He looked...so…so young. He seemed about nine or ten.

"Hey..." He said in his child-like voice.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"You're dreaming." Sora told me smiling an airy smile.

"What are you talking about?"

"I need to tell you something…"

"What is it?"

"Him..." he pointed to the statue of Kaven. "Thing's aren't'…always as they seem."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, grabbing him by the shoulders roughly.

"I…I…" I watched him with uncertain eyes as he stuttered fearfully.

"What?! What's wrong?"

"He's…he's coming…" I tried to hang on to him, he was trembling terribly.

"It's okay! Who's coming?" I embraced him, trying to calm him down. It wasn't working.

He struggled against me, trying desperately to get away.

"He can't know I'm here…he…he cant' know…" He sobbed onto my collar bone.
A deep loud yell rang out. It was the voice of a man, an angry man. Sora shivered and slapped and hand to his bruised face…

"Sora!!" The voice rang out. "What are you doing you retched boy?!"

Sora ripped out of my arms, fear struck his face as he backed up.

"Not always as it seems!" he yelled out quickly, looking at me like I should know what he means.

"What?!" I tried to tell him I didn't understand, but Sora kept shaking his head. "Give me another clue! Please!"

"Axel… Not always as they seem!" Sora turned on his heel and ran as fast as he could, disappearing from sight. The man's voice died out.

I looked up at Kaven's statue. It was mocking me. I wanted to knock it down, breaking it in to a million pieces and burn it. I don't know why.

It turned, his head turned, and his eye's glowed red.

"Kairi…" It was saying my name…over and over again…

"Kairi…"

"Kairi…!"

"Kairi…!!"

My eye's opened quickly and I look up to see Sora looking down at me. I had fallen into his lap and he was cradling my head. He looked worried.

"What happened…?" he asked me.

"I ...I don't know…" I blurted out, sitting up.

"You okay?" Sora asked getting a little worried every second. "You're a little pale…"

"You,"

"Me…?" Sora furrowed his brow in confusion.

"You were there with me!" I began.

"wh-?"

" It was you I know it was… You were little…about...nine? No maybe ten…"

"What are you talking about?"

I lifted my hand to his cheek and run my finger down it.

"You had a horrible looking bruise…right here,"

Sora seemed to hesitantly jerk his head away in a nervous motion, his face remained confused.

"…and you had a black eye."

(POV Switch. 3rd)

Sora's eyes grew wide; his eyes scanned the floor for a split second.

"How…I mean…why did you see that?" He stuttered.

"I don't know…You said something weird to me though, and there was a lot of yelling from some man with a deep voice. I didn't recognize it though."

"Man with a deep voice?" Sora questioned.

"Weird…" Loir commented.

Leon and Yuffie seemed content on listening, glancing and arching eyebrows at each other now and then.

"Anything else?" Leon said at last.

"Kaven was there…But it wasn't him. It looked like a statue. That's where you came in Sora, you told me… you told me that thing's weren't as they seemed. And something to do with 'Axel'…"

"Axel…? Why does that sound familiar..?"

Sora looked at him and stretched his left arm.

"I'm bored." He said shrugging off Kairi's dream.

"Wait Sora…" Leon butted in. "Do you know anything about why you were in her dream?"

"No…" Sora faltered.

Leon leaned over the bed, and glared at Sora. "You sure?"

"…yes…" Sora leaned backward.

Kana stood up suddenly, and giggled loudly. She fixed her Capri's and smiled at Kairi. "Come on girl!" She said bubbly. "I'm taking you shopping!" Kana looped her arms through Kairi's and tugged her out of the Hospital room.

"Bye Sora!" Kairi managed to say before Kana took off.

Leon stood up and motioned Yuffie to follow. "We should be going too." He said.

Riku followed them with a small smile.

Sora sighed and fell back on to his white fluffy pillows, Loir was stretched out in the armchair next to Sora, his sore feet propped up on the bed. He groaned loudly in bored stress, and looked at Sora half eyed.

"This sucks." He began.

"What..?"

"Staying in here…"

"With nothing to do…"

"Exactly, we can't even leave the Hospital." Loir sighed. "Maybe we can wonder around the hospital? You know…find something…creepy." Loir spoke with a waving voice.

Sora became slowly interested.

"I have a better idea." He smirked.

Loir grinned slowly and raised an eyebrow. "What…?" he said slowly.

Sora got up quickly and tipsily made his was to the door; He opened it slowly and poked his head out. "No doctors or nurses…come on; we're going to sneak out."

Loir smiled and got up slowly, his feet still hurt but it was fine. The two boys crept into the white halls and acted as if they were suppose to be out and about. A nurse smiled at them kindly and asked them how they were, Loir spoke for Sora and said they were fine. She left with a smiled and a turn of her heel, Loir looked like he was on an adrenaline rush, he was grinning ear to ear and seemed like he wanted to run.

They bust through the back door of the small hospital and took off as fast as they could toward for Loir's house.

__

Kana and Kairi made there way down the crooked shopping streets full of happy, laughing people enjoying themselves. It was totally different from the other side of the huge town; Kairi noted taking all of the sight in. She could tell she was going to have fun here.

__~*

"…And all we are…Is all so far…"

Author's Note: Well, here's another chapter! I hope you're enjoying it. I'm having fun with it myself. Now, the next chapter might not be out for a while so…Review and be patient!! ^_^.

-LaneJoe