Fan Fiction ❯ Suraj Hua Maddham ❯ The Sun Has Dimmed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 "The Sun has dimmed."

Author's notes: Um, wow. 52 reviews on a fic I didn't think would get 10…thank you so much! ^__^ I promise this chapter will be a little longer since the last one I was just being lazy and didn't want to continue so I chopped it off right there. There is probably going to be an unbearable amount off fluff or angst in this chapter, depending on my mood. Thanks so much for the support, and I hope you like this chapter! Please review, I love getting feedback!

Notice: I am using the lyrics for `Suraj Hua Maddham', and this chapter's going to get a little bit lemony, if not a bit lime-y. But I'm sure you can all handle that, so away we go! And, of course, `blah' is Elvish.

* * *

Legolas looked at Frodo with wide eyes. "What…what did you say?"

The dark haired Elf looked down at his right hand, the one that bore Fëanor's ring, then looked back into the eyes of the Prince of Mirkwood. "The voice…in my head…told me that my true name was Farandël, heir of Fëanor," Frodo repeated, then stood up. "You must think I'm mad, saying that a stupid little voice in my head told me that I am your destiny! I know not if you will believe my madness."

Frodo went to dash back to the camp, but Legolas' mature Elven reflexes allowed him to grasp Frodo's slender wrist, stopping him. "I think you not mad, but think you correct," Legolas said softly, still holding onto Frodo's wrist.

"Correct? You mean you believe fully that I am the one that holds the key to your destiny?" Frodo questioned, shocked. "That takes a lot of blind faith, Legolas Greenleaf."

Legolas gently pulled Frodo closer to him, and intertwined his fingers of his right hand with the fingers of Frodo's left. "The feeling in my heart urges me to believe you, as I know you would not lie to me. Galadriel said to me that my destiny would be in an unconventional form. You are that form, Farandël."

Frodo was completely floored. The Prince of Mirkwood had now acknowledged Frodo as Farandël, the heir of Fëanor, son of the Elven King, Finwë. "Legolas…is that…should I call myself Farandël, and not Frodo, son of Drogo? Aye, this talk of destiny and of my mad mind telling me of my new name has scrambled my already scrambled mind even more."

"Then let me ease your mind, my Farandël," Legolas whispered, as he slowly leaned in, and pressed his lips to Frodo's light pink ones.

(Suraj hua maddham, chaand jalne laga

The sun has dimmed; the moon has begun to burn

Aasmaan yeh haai kyoon pighalne laga)

Oh, why has the sky begun to melt?

Frodo tensed, but Legolas coaxed him into the kiss by grasping Frodo's right hand, pulling the dark-haired Elf's arm around the blond Elf's slender waist. Frodo finally relaxed into the kiss, and pushed Legolas down to his knees, then to his back, all the while the kiss initiated by the Elven Prince intensifying. Just as Legolas' back touched the cool rock, Frodo stopped, and stared down into Legolas' lake-blue eyes, unable to break away. `Should we…be doing this with the Fellowship so close?'

The Prince reached up and briefly touched Frodo's cheek. `I agree, Farandël, but I daresay they already know.'

At that, Frodo's head snapped over to his left, seeing the entire Fellowship. Pippin and Merry were grinning madly; Sam's jaw was practically on the ground; Aragorn and Gimli were just smiling; but it was Boromir that unsettled the brown-haired Elf. Boromir had a disgusted look in his eyes, but his body language suggested that he was fine with this recent turn of events.

"Morning," Aragorn greeted, unable to make the smile leave his face. Frodo scrambled to a sitting position, blushing furiously.

"Now I see you two are doing more than just talking," Gimli remarked, causing the two Elves (if they were not already) to turn a very bright red colour. "Do you want breakfast or would you rather stay in each others' arms for the rest of the day?"

Aragorn gently hit Gimli on the head. "Gimli, such not is the way to speak to new lovers. If you were in their position, we would not make such comments."

"Speak for yourself, Strider!" Pippin interjected. "The idea of Gimli with a female dwarf is not only highly amusing but-OW!" the young hobbit was silenced by the back end of Gimli's Axe. "I know we're in a war, but you do not have to resort to violence all the time, Dwarf."

"If you'll let me finish," Aragorn began, silencing the beginning argument of Pippin and Gimli, "breakfast is almost ready. I'll call for you when it's ready." With that, the heir of Isildur herded the Fellowship back to the camp, leaving Legolas and Frodo alone again.

Frodo but his face in his hands and groaned. `That is the most embarrassing moment of my life! I am glad that Aragorn was there to keep Pippin and Gimli quiet.'

Legolas shuffled over to Frodo, and kissed him gently on the lips. `Rest your frantic mind, Farandël. Not only is it bad for your health to worry so, you have a much bigger burden on your shoulders.' Never more sure in his destiny, Legolas, as he finished saying the word `shoulders' began to slowly massage Frodo's tense shoulders. A low moan escaping from Frodo's throat assured Legolas he was already releasing the tensions in the heir of Fëanor's body. `How do you feel, Farandël?'

`I feel as if I am going to turn into water and melt away, Legolas…' Frodo whispered, his eyes closed.

Main thehra raha, zameen chalne lagi

I am standing still; the earth has begun to move

Dhadka yeh dil, saans thamne lagi

My heart has beat; my breath has begun to stop

`Do not melt away and leave me so soon, Farandël,' Legolas whispered into Frodo's ear, continuing to undo the knots that made a residence in Frodo's shoulders. Even though on the outside the Prince was cool and calm, inside, his heart was racing faster than the Ringwraiths' horses, and harder than the slam of Gimli's Axe. `I would die if my destiny tore away from me so soon after I have met it.'

Frodo removed Legolas' hands from his shoulders, and turned around to face him. `How can you be so firm in your belief of destiny? I do too believe in it, but in a few moments you have whole-heartedly accepted the fact that we belong together. How can you do this? I would not have the courage or the strength to do such a thing, Legolas.'

Legolas stole a smooth kiss from Frodo before saying anything. `Sometimes, it takes more courage to take a leap of faith, than it does to have empirical evidence for your fate. It is no mere coincidence that both Elrond and Lady Galadriel have given me the exact same prophecy. "A star shines brightly in the north, and what leads you to your destiny is not in conventional form." Both of them said the same thing, and when you told me of Bilbo's advice of the northern light…it just cemented everything, Farandël.' When he saw the look on Frodo's face, Legolas became immediately worried. "What is the matter, Farandël? Have I scared you?'

Frodo shook his head, and smiled a little. `It is just a little surprising. I never thought to see myself having a conversation like this with you, Legolas.' He played with the ring on his finger. `And I have yet to solve the mystery of this ring…but maybe it will give me the courage to take the same leap of faith you have, Legolas.'

The Prince pulled Frodo into his embrace, and kissed his forehead. `You not only have that same courage, Farandël, but you have my love to help you.' Frodo's eyes widened.

Oh, kya yeh mera pehla pehla pyaar hai

Oh, is this my first love?

Sajna, kya yeh mera pehla pehla pyaar hai

Darling, is this my first love?

In that one moment, Frodo realised what it was that his dreams had been telling him. And what the mirror of Galadriel was trying to tell him. Slowly, he stood up, and Legolas followed suit, and Frodo stayed in his embrace, with his back resting against Legolas' firm chest. `I realise now what the Gods have been trying to get me to realise.'

`What is that, Farandël?' Legolas asked, gently biting on Frodo's ear. He could not help himself for what he was doing. It was as if it was what he was supposed to do once he found Farandël. Love him as if he was going to disappear any moment.

Frodo turned around in Legolas' embrace, so that he was now facing the blond Elf. `I finally realised you are my destiny as well. In Galadriel's mirror, I saw two figures. They were in an embrace much like this one, and there was just this sense of belonging…of love. I feel that same sense right now…with you.'

`So are you ready to take that leap of faith with me?' Legolas asked lightly, sneaking a kiss from Frodo's soft lips.

`I am ready, Legolas. More ready than I've ever been,' Frodo confirmed, but then smiled. `Although I am sure I have already taken that leap. Are you sure this is not a dream?'

Legolas kissed him again, running a hand through his hair. `No mind can create such a dream as this, Farandël.'

Hai khoobsurat yeh pal, sab kuch raha hai badal

This moment is beautiful, everything is changing

Sapne haqeeqat mein jo dhal rahe hai

Dreams are falling into real life

Frodo returned the kiss, his arms coming around Legolas' neck, one of his hands entwined in the Prince's long blond locks. `Perhaps you are right, Legolas. But it still does not feel like it is real. How do I know that I am not dreaming?'

`One knows dream from real life in their heart,' Legolas replied, placing a finger on Frodo's heart. `And if you truly believe in fate, then you will know what is dream, and what is just a figment of your imagination.'

`You speak words of the wise, my Legolas,' Frodo whispered almost fondly, as he kissed Legolas again. He shivered when Legolas' hand went under his shirt, his slender fingers dancing along Frodo's spine.

Legolas broke the kiss, and let his fingers of his right hand run down Frodo's Elven face. `The words come from my heart, Farandël. It is just being with you that's causing these words to form.'

`You speak of me as if I am Lord Celeborn,' Frodo chuckled.

`To me, Farandël, you are even more breathtaking than the Lord Celeborn is,' Legolas replied, kissing Frodo once more, this time hungrily.

Kya sadiyon se puraana hai rishtaa yeh hamaara

Isthis bond of ours centuries old?

Ke jis tarha tumse hum mil rahe hai

For in such a way I am meeting you

Yunhi rahe har dam pyaar ka mausam

Love's season will remain like this always

Yunhi milo humse tum janam janam

Meet me like this, birth after birth

The kiss lasted for a long while, and the two Elves had to break in order to breathe. In this moment of silence, both was breathing heavily, and staring at nothing other than the others' eyes. `I fear you were not kidding when you said so,' Frodo smiled, his breathing becoming more regular, and less rigid. `You have taken my breath away…in more ways than one, my Legolas.'

Legolas laughed, and kissed Frodo's neck. `And I too, Farandël…I too…'

** With the Fellowship **

Aragorn noticed that Boromir had become increasingly quiet during the journey, and now the other Man would not say a word after they happened upon Legolas and Frodo. The heir of Isildur was preparing breakfast while watching Boromir's body language. It suggested he was calm, but his eyes showed something different.

Known to the Elves as Estel, Aragorn decided to just come right out with it. "What is the matter Boromir? You are quiet. Is something on your mind?"

Boromir snorted quietly, but shook his head. "No, Aragorn, nothing is wrong. I am just thinking of our journey so far and the hobbit's transformation." Aragorn raised an eyebrow and Boromir continued. "The army or Sauron is looking for a hobbit, and now we have an Elf. We could go straight to Mordor and they wouldn't know what was coming, would they?"

Aragorn looked thoughtful. "That is an interesting idea, Boromir. But Sauron would know by now that Frodo is no longer a hobbit."

"Then why can't we just take the Ring to Gondor, Aragorn?!" Boromir demanded. "You're the apparent heir of Isildur, and don't you want your race to live through this? We need the Ring, Aragorn!"

The other Man looked curiously at Boromir after his outburst. (It's his desire for the Ring. I can feel his desire to have it. I wonder if Frodo that he's in immediate danger? But it is too early to make such an assumption. I will have to wait and see how this plays out.) "Boromir, that Ring is to be destroyed. It is not for anyone but Sauron to have and we cannot afford that. Frodo knows that."

"Frodo! You're trusting the only chance the Men have to survive in the hands of a hormonally unbalanced hobbit-turned-Elf?!" Boromir demanded, jumping to his feet. "He doesn't even know if he's straight or not, and you're trusting the only thing that can save your people to him?!"

Aragorn stood up and looked Boromir in the eyes. "The Ring Bearer was chosen to take the Ring to Mordor, and that is what he shall do. That is the end of it, Boromir." Boromir made a frustrated noise, and stormed off.

** On the cliff with Legolas and Frodo **

Tere hi rang se yun main to rangeen hoon sanam

Only with your colour am I this colourful, lover

Paake tujhe khud se hi kho rahi hoon sanam

Having gained you, I am losing myself, lover

The two Elves were still in their embrace, not moving, and not caring for breakfast. `We have to go eat soon, the others must be waiting,' Frodo whispered.

`Do you want to leave my embrace that quickly, Farandël?' Legolas asked, his fingers playing with the hair on the back of Frodo's neck.

`Nay, it is not that, but I do feel a little hungry, Legolas,' Frodo admitted, grinning sheepishly at the Elven Prince.

Legolas smiled, and kissed Frodo on the forehead. `I understand. I am too a little hungry. I wonder if Aragorn left us anything?'

`I am sure, now come,' Frodo commanded, grabbing Legolas' hand and pulling him back to the camp.

What the two lovers did not notice was Boromir standing ten feet away from them, hidden by the foliage of the forest, a murderous glare in his eyes.

-TBC-

Author's notes: There ya go! Chapter 5 done and posted. What's Boromir's deal, other than the Ring? Please review and let me know what you think. Peace and love, all!