Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Elements ❯ Arrival in Bayville ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my first self-insertion fic. It involves my friends and I in the X-Men universe. So R& R.

Chapter One: Arrival in Bayville

Justin's POV

We arrived in Bayville via train around 9:30 PM. Four best friends, who were feared because we were different. We were mutants. We lived in seclusion for most of the time. Our respective parents have forsaken us and threw us out into the street to fend for ourselves. And fend we did. We had lived in a four-bedroom apartment for two years. That was until the landlord figured we were mutants. He called Homeland Security and we ended up on the run. Then a white-haired woman of African-descent appeared in front of us. She seemed to be a mutant as well, for she had the ability to control the weather.

Of course, we ran. But, the smart one of group, Lubos, fought fire with fire, or should I say… wind with wind. All that ended up doing is creating a tornado, which the weather witch easily dissipated.

"Stop!" she announced, "I mean you no harm. I am merely an envoy for Professor Xavier."

She then told us all about Xavier's School for Gifted Children, the secret haven for people like ourselves, mutants. So, here we are… Bayville, New York, all the way from Queens, New York. Immediately as we got off the train, two people greeted us. A male and a female.

"Hey, wha's up?" the male said, holding out his hand to Chandra, another friend of mine.

The male's hair was short and brown. He wore strange colored sunglasses which aroused confusion in me: He was wearing sunglasses during the night!

The female was less unusual. Her red hair was absolutely magnificent. It was red, which greatly matched her green eyes, which were strangely hypnotizing.

"Name's Scott," the male introduced, "Scott Summers and this is Jean Grey."

"Hi," the red-head female, shaking Lubos' hand.

Nef just looked at Scott with lustful eyes. I had to admit, Scott was fine! I nudged Neffy with my elbow and she nudged back, smiling.

"You need help with your bags?" Scott said, politely.

Um..., no, not really, "we all said in unison.

Chandra's POV

The car ride to the mansion was faster than I'd thought. Scott had driven us in his red Mercedes Benz. When we got to the property, I was amazed. The place was humongous. When we entered the mansion, a bald man in a wheelchair, who I assumed was the professor, and the African lady from before ushered us in. What I saw, I'll never forget. There were other people, hundreds, maybe, in here. This is what we wanted, to know that we were not alone.

"Logan," the professor spoke, "will show you to your rooms. I hope you don't mind rooming with each other."

As if on cue, a scruffy man walked towards us. He didn't say anything, only took our bags! All of `em! Wow, I like me a strong man. To my surprise, the red-haired girl, Jean, I think her name was, laughed.

Nef's POV

I ended up rooming with Chandra in this giant suite-like room that housed two queen size beds, bureaus, and armoires. Logan had dropped us our bags and went to help Justin and Lubos. I so wanted to get revenge on Justin for interrupting my ogling of Scott.

"This is nice, isn't it, Neffy?" Chandra had asked.

"It's alright."

At that moment, a blue demon-like person teleported into our room. When I turned to look at him, I screamed, then Chandra screamed and used her water powers to eradicate the intruder, and it screamed.

When the aftermath of the usage of power dissipated, Lubos, Justin, and many others stood at the door of our room. Then, I heard the professor's voice in my heads telling me and Chandra to go to the study. As I left the room with Chandra, I noticed that Justin was in his "house" jeans and shirt which consisted of ragged black jeans and a green shirt that had a four-leaf clover. Lubos, on the other hand, was stilled clothed in what he wore when he entered the mansion.

"What happened?" Lubos mouthed.

I shook my head in an attempt to say, "Nothing." I was kinda embarrassed to be wearing what I was when I had to see the professor. I wore a short black skirt, and I mean short, and a white button-down shirt which I had tied under my breast to make a wannabe bustier. Chandra wore presentable clothing. Jeans and a T-shirt.

Lubos' POV

Justin and I followed Neffy and Chandra to the study. We feared the worst. We feared that we were gonna get kicked out. Just then, I heard, in my head, the professor telling me to go back to my room. I listened. It seemed that Justin did too; he was already walking back to our room.

It seemed like hours had passed before I finally fell asleep. Justin had fallen asleep way before me. The weird thing with Justin was; when he fell asleep, his powers, flame, engulfed him and yet he never knows this happens. Not that it harms him in anyway, but just to let him know. Every night, we pray that he doesn't have nightmares because when that happens, his powers go berserk.

The next morning, I woke up to find Justin already up. He was putting on his fitted black jeans; the one's with the holes on the knee area. He had on a red T-shirt that said "BOOYAKA!!" all over the front and back. On his wrists were black leather bracelets.

I fell back to my bed. I looked at my watch: 8:50. I shouldn't even be up at this time!

"Wake up, Lubos, "I heard Justin say, "It's our first day of school.

"Go away," I said.

The next thing I know, something falls on me. I looked to see what the hell it was, and Justin's face was point blank in front of mine.

"You're goin' to school even if I have to drag your ass there," he said, coldly and then smiled, "Capisce."

"Yes! Can you please get offa me?"

Justin was what you might call … a free spirit, which explains his optimism. I decided to put on my tan cargo shorts and my green mushroom Super Mario shirt. I fixed my hair up just the way I like it, and headed downstairs.

Author's Note: How was it? Oh I need some ideas on what shoud happen in Bayville High. Something, bad.