Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Elements ❯ Magneto's Revelation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Magneto's Revelation

Justin's POV

Lubos arrived just in time for the end of breakfast. The kitchen was like a normal family's kitchen in the morning: the "Good Mornings," the fights, and the "Good-byes."

"Hey, new guys," a brunette boy called to us, "Jean's gonna give us a ride to school. Wanna come?"

We all glanced at each other for a response. We were wary of trusting people too fast. But no one spoke up to answer the boy, not even Neffy, the most talkative of us all.

"Sure," I finally spoke, "We'd like that. Right guys?" I looked at my friends who seemed quite pissed at me at the moment, "Guys?"

The boy just stared.

"Yeah… thanks," Chandra mumbled.

The boy sighed, "Name's Bobby. Bobby Drake AKA Iceman."

`Iceman?" Lubos asked.

"Yeah. That's my mutant alias."

"That's cool," I said, "Name's Justin Diaz. So… do I choose my own alias or what?"

"You could do that. And your names are?"

I had really hoped that my friends had loosened up.

"Chandra Germain."

"Nef Harris."

"Lubos Michalic."

I sighed a big sigh of relief.

"Nice t'meet ya," Bobby waved.

`Bobby," a southern-accented voiced sounded, "Ya ready? Jean ain't gonna wait too long. Ya know."

We walked to the mansion's garage and hopped into a black SUV. In the driver's seat sat the red-haired girl we'd seen at the train station.

"So, you guys ready?" she said, fixing the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah! Hit it!" Bobby yelled.

It had only been five minutes when Jean, I guess, decided to speak up.

"So, how was your first night?"

"It was alright. Ok. Fine," we all said at different times.

"So didya guys pick out aliases yet?"

"Um…," I said, "Not really. Wildfire, maybe?

"Cool, mine's Phoenix," she turned left, "How `bout the rest of you?"

Lubos thought hard, or so it seemed, "I like the name Kaze. You know, the Japanese name for wind?"

"Undine," Chandra said.

We all looked at her like she was crazy or something.

"What? It's the name of a water nymph."

"Terra," Neffy whispered.

*****************************************

Lubos' POV

We arrived at Bayville High School. For the first time, I felt happy and unafraid to be around normal people, you know, non-mutants. But that feeling was short-lived.

"Mutant freak!" a boy yelled.

"Freak, freak, freak!" they chanted.

I almost wanted to run, but then I noticed that they weren't talkin' about us. They were harassing a toad-like boy with brown hair and pale skin.

"Just ignore `em," Iceman said.

I wondered why he didn't help the boy.

During class, I felt as I was being watched by everyone around me and it wasn;t because I was new to the school. Thankfully, lunch came and I had the same lunch period as my friends and some of Xavier's students.

"So… was your day as bad as mine?" Nef asked, "or was it worse."

"Depends," Chandra said.

A girl in a ponytail arrived at out table, "Hey! You're the new students, aren't you? At Xavier's mansion?"

"Yeah, I'm Lubos, "I said, `These are Chandra, Neffy and… hey, anybody seen Justin?"

"Oh, yeah! Didn't you hear? He got expelled!" Chandra said, "For fightin'."

Who?" Nef said.

"Some dude named Duncan Matthews."

The bell then rang. People started to get up and go back into the school.

"Duncan Matthews? That was Jean's boyfriend last year," the girl with the ponytail recalled, "Oh, by the way, I'm Kitty Pryde AKA Shadowcat."

Shadowcat, then, took off for her next class. So did wee. The rest of my classes were pretty muck okay, but the same thing occurred.

At the Xavier Masion, I ran up to my room in hopes to speak with Justin before the other two. To my luck, he was in the room.

"Justin…,' I began.

"Leave me alone," he whispered.

He got up and walked towards the balcony. He stared at the wilderness. Known for my nosiness, I decided to pry.

"Justin, what happened?" I asked.

I walked next to him. His eyes seemed to flare and glow like fire. That usually meant he was totally peeved about something.

"Some dude decided it was funny to pick on the toad-like kid. When I told him to cut the shit out, he replies, `Aww… wha's the matter? Did I hurt your little fwend?' And he says it in a mocking type of voice."

"That's it?"

"Lemme finish, will ya?" he snapped at me, "So, then… I turned the heat up a bit."

"You used your power?"

"Not on him! I just lit a flame, and then he punched me, hence the black eye."

"Seriously? Then what?"

"I get expelled."

`I don't believe that he started it, Justin," I said, crossed-armed, "I know you too well."

"I didn't start it! God!"

"He didn't start it," a new voice sounded.

The voice seemed to carry a Southern accent. We both turned to face the owner.

"I saw the whole thing. He didn't start tye fight. Duncan did, so lay off him."

"Rogue," Justin whispered, "So will you help me get un-expelled?"

"I'll try, yeah. On one condition: Tell me, are you…," she said, her hand gesturing a limp wrist.

"Huh?" Justin and I said in unison.

"Never mind," she sighed.

***************************************

Nef's POV

When I left the school, I decided to hang out with some of the friends I made in the mansion. Their names were Evan Daniels (Spyke) and Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler).

Kurt was actually the same demon blue thing that had teleported into our bedroom. We both apologized for our actions… even though I wasn't the one who attacked him.

We went to see "The Bourne Supremacy" that was playin' at the Bayville Multiplex. After the movie, we ate some pizza. At the pizzeria, I met this incredible guy named Dominick Minh. I gave him my cell phone number and left for home.

"Oh, my God! He's the hottest guy I ever met!" I said.

"Ugh!" Kurt scoffed, "Can't you talk avout somevone else?"

"C'mon, Kurt," Spyke spoke up, "It's not like you don't speak about Amanda a lot."

"Hey!" Nightcrawler exclaimed.

"Ooh, who's Amanda?" I said, perked with interest.

"No one," he blushed.

"Tell me about her, or you'll die," I said, ready to tickle him.

"Don't you dare!"

***************************************

Justin's POV (again)

I decided to go to the gym with Rogue to let out some steam. What really bothered me was the hand gesture she did a while ago. What the hell did it mean? Then, it struck me!

"Rogue," I called for her.

She ran from the mini-track that ran along the circumference of the gym.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Remember, when you asked me if I was," I mimicked her gesture, "Did you ask if I was gay?"

She turned bright red, which was not a good color for her.

"Yeah," she laughed, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I laughed, "Yeah, I am, actually."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, and so is Lubos."

"Oh, is he your lover?"

Oh, my God! I, so, did not expect that question EVER!!!! I really don't know why I didn't. Oh, my God! She seriously asked that.

"No, we're just friends."

"Oh..," she paused, "Hey, I think this kid named Pietro Maximoff is gay, too."

I just looked up at her, confused. Where was she getting at with this?

"Oh, but you like Lubos. Oh, crap! It's already 11:30! An' we got school tomorrow! You should get some sleep."

She took off. The mentioning of school brought back some anger in me, but I was careful not to show it.

***************************************

Chandra's POV

I headed to the gym so I could talk to Justin about the whole "getting' expelled" thing. I saw Rogue run out in a hurry and I feared the worst. When I ran the rest of the way, I found Justin just sitting on the top of a hill behind the gym. He seemed to be reciting a poem. For what I could hear, the poem was very melancholy.

"Aww, you poor thing," a sort of metallic voice boomed.

It came out of the sky, an old man with a magenta and purple attire. His long purple caped flapped behind him.

"Who are you!?" Justin asked, standing up.

"My name is Eric Lehnsherr, but I am known to many as Magneto," he said, hovering in mid-air, "I have an interesting proposition for you."

"Yeah? … And what's that?"

I decided to stay unseen in the gym behind some boxes, careful not to make a sound as I listened.

"I want you to joined my team of mutants and I'll give you something that Xavier can not."

"What?"

"Your destiny."

"What destiny?"

"You are one of eight mutants who possess the purest of all abilities. The ability to control an element of Earth. In other words, you, your friends and I are incarnations of the elements of the planet."

"You mean… my friends are also?"

"Yes! Incarnations of wind, water, earth, wood, fire, metal, ice, and electricity. Come with me and I will help you find your destiny or…"

"Or what?"

"Or become a malevolent plague of fire that consumes all in its path>"

Author's Note: I know it's not the best cliff-hanger in the world, but whatever. Anyway, I'm lovin' the ideas that are comin' my way. Oh, I kinda noticed that I haven't been disclaimin' things and the sort. So here's the disclaimer. I don't wanna get sued, ya know. Plus, it's not like they're gonna get much… maybe a few bucks, a button, some lint and a paper clip.

Disclaimer: I don't own X-Men or its characters. They all belong to Stan Lee and Marvel Comics. But I do own "The Four Element" mutants and other characters that may arise that I create.

Author's Note: The next chapter is gonna be the poem that Justin was reciting to himself.