Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Elements ❯ Rescue ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know the gig, I don't own anything. Not even my friends, only their replicas in this fic.

 

Author's Note: You guys are lucky that I'm feel guilty leavin' ya'll with that cliffhanger, so I've decided to put studyin' off for a couple of hours. Oh, and IceFlame, I'm truly sorry that Pietro is gay, but there's a reason for it… ^^; heh-heh, and I can't tell, it'll ruin the fic. And as Selphie Tilmitt (FFVIII) says, "Booyaka!! STORY!!!! R+R, and I really mean it… T_T, read and REVIEW!! ^_^, thankiez!

 

Chapter Six: Rescue

 

Kia's POV

 

It has been two months since Justin and the others were captured. I had tried to save Chandra, the last one to be captured, but to no avail. Since then, a lot of things have happened. I was disowned by the Xavier Institute, ever since that sneaky bitch, Phoenix, probed my mind. Like hell, the professor could've probed it, but yet, he didn't after being freed from that constricting mansion, I made it my sole mission to find my friends, and make Magneto pay for what he did.

With the help of the Brotherhood of Mutants, we managed to gather nothing about the scheme Magneto was planning. But that did not make us waver. By day, we looked up information in our civvies. By night, we interrogated every mutant and norm Magneto ever acquainted himself with. Tonight, we try Mystique.

 

***************

 

Third-Person Mode

 

Huntress loomed over Mystique's window via the rooftop across the street. Through her cat-shaped eyes, she glared at her prey. Down below, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, both in uniforms, were in position. Boom-Boom, stood as look-out.

"I should be look-out," Huntress growled.

Avalanche, in uniform as well, stood next to her and smiled.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Nothin'. Just admiring at how beautiful you look in that outfit," Lance said, winking.

Huntress wore skintight leather pants, which had slash marks (self-inflicted for style) on the legs. She had taken one of Wanda's leather jackets and turned it into a halter. Its sleeves served as gauntlets that covered her forearms. She also took two belts and wore them across her torso like bandoliers. The fingertips of her gloves were cut off to show Kia's claws that slashed through anything but adamantium. These were her pride and joy. Her stiletto boots were torn at the fronts so she could move her toes more freely for speed. The most dramatic change in Kia was her. She had cut and dyed it. It was cut short, very close to the skull, leaving a think bang that hung slanted left over her forehead. She dyed it a deep, rich red, the color of claret.

"I thought you liked Kitty?" Huntress scoffed, "But thanks for the compliment."

"static In position. Over," Wanda's voice sounded over the walkie-talkie.

"Got it. Static Over," Huntress responded.

Scarlet Witch had ringed Mystique's doorbell. Boom-Boom and Blob covered the back door, in case she tried to escape.

"Coming," a sweet-sounding voice called.

The door opened. Mystique was in her principal (in a bathrobe) form. When she noticed who rang the bell, she instantly ran. When she did, Boom-Boom blew the back door using her powers. Huntress grabbed Avalanche and jumped three stories down to the street. Regaining her posture and releasing Avalanche, she walked to the doorstep. Wanda froze Mystique with her hex magic.

"Goin' anywhere, Raven Darkholme? Or should I call you Mystique?"

"What do you want?" Mystique said, retreating to her original blue form.

"Where's Magneto?" Huntress snarled.

"I don't know."

"Of course you know," Quicksilver said, "You know every one of father's plans."

"Besides," Huntress purred, "You were there when he explained it to me."

"Then, you should know."

"No, I left. You were still there, talking. Now tell me or I'll slit your throat."

Huntress bared her teeth and claws, bringing them to where her aorta blood vessel resided.

"I'll never betray…"

Huntress dug her claws a bit deeper, not enough to puncture her skin, but enough to give a warning.

"Okay! I'll tell you! They're in the French Quarter, in Louisiana. That's all I know."

"Louisiana, it is," Tabitha said.

Huntress smiled and turned to the doors. There stood Rogue.

"Move, X-Man," Huntress said, coldly.

"Ah'm comin' with you."

"No."

"Ah know the French Quarter bettah than anyone."

"She can help, Kia," Wanda explained.

After thinking, Huntress decided, "Fine."

 

***************

 

Lubos' POV

 

I woke up naked and wet, though I couldn't remember when or how or why. I was in a tube, I knew that much. As I looked around, I realized that I was in a circular room with other tubes. Tubes… with people in them… like me. There was something on my face. Whatever it was, it allowed me to breathe underwater. Various tubes fed into my body, and I wondered if these tubes were providing me with food. At the end of my thought, two women entered the room. One of them looked vaguely familiar. Was that Kia, one of Justin's friends? Who was that other woman? She donned a crimson and black ensemble. I quickly assumed they were not authorized personnel. Justin's friend walked to the tube I was immersed in while the other woman went to the control board that stood in the very middle of the room.

"Lubos…," Justin's friend said, "Can you hear me? Do you understand what I'm saying?"

The thing on my mouth let me breathe, but kept me from talking. I remembered that nodding would work in this case, so I did.

She sighed, "What did they do to you?" she said looking around.

I heard a strange noise. Moments later, the water was down to my head - then my neck, my chest, and so on, until the tube was empty. Then the tube opened, and Justin's friend removed the tubes and the thing around my mouth. I noticed that the other woman did the same with the others. Six more people arrived and helped the others. I stood up, realizing that I could walk freely. I started exploring the room that I was in, taking in the sight, sounds, textures - the different colors of all the pieces of clothing they wore, the humming of the various pieces of equipment, the coldness of the floor against my bare feet.

"You're Lubos, am I right?" Justin's friend asked.

"I-I dunno. I think so," I said as the question racked my brain, "Yeah, that's my name."

A young man with white hair slicked back entered the room with a hand full of lab coats, handing them out. A young woman with brown hair and white bangs entered the room, holding a mysterious blue mutant at palm's reach. Rogue… was that the young woman's name?

"Where are…?" I started.

The blue mutant ran, "Magneto!" she cried.

I looked to whom she was speaking to; an old man, naked.

"What a turn-off," I mumbled as the crimson-clad woman laughed at my "funny" remark.

"Neffy!" a new voice sounded.

In entered a black-haired young man, running to a dark-skinned young woman. Who was she? She looks so familiar.

"Nef-fy…" I said as the name processed in my brain. I looked around the room, "Jus-tin, Chandra, Bo-bby, ray…"

I started to remember things, except for one person. A young brunette girl, who was still unconscious, remained an enigma in my head. Rogue soon lifted her up. Soon, I was in eye-lock with Justin. His eyes seemed eluded from reality. I crawled to him.

"Are you okay? Do you remember anything?" I said, eager to remember what happened myself.

"Here," Kia, I remembered her name, handed me and Justin a lab coat, "Put it on."

I nodded and turned back to Justin, after putting on the lab coat. Justin just sat there, not even budging. He seemed to be lost in though, probably searching for an answer to my question.

He finally spoke, "I'm sorry…" he whispered.

"Huh? For what?" Did he know something I didn't?

Everyone was okay and fully dressed, or as fully dressed someone can be with only a lab coat. The minority of the captured group were, standing, trying to regain the use of their legs. Justin laid his head on my chest and started to sob. I noticed that Justin's and my hair was longer than I remembered.

"I'm so sorry," he said, between sobs.

"It's not your fault," Kia told him, staring dead at the old man known as Magneto.

"We've been spotted!" Rogue yelled, "We gotta go!

"Right," Kia said.

I stood up and supported Justin, who had stopped crying.

 

***************

 

Justin's POV

 

This was my entire fault. I should've listened to Magneto and joined him. Then I saw him, being supported by a blue female mutant. Anger boiled inside me, but dissipated as Lubos started to move. Around me, a norm helped Neffy, Kia helped Chandra, and Wanda helped Krystal. Rogue led the way, using the various powers she absorbed from the X-Men to keep the security guards at bay. Huntress had assisted Rogue and Avalanche brought up the rear. We ran and ran. Soldiers were everywhere. I was most concerned with the human who called himself Dominick. Quicksilver appeared out of nowhere with his super speed.

"I know where there's an exit!" Pietro yelled over the blaring siren.

I noticed that he threw me a strange look; something a secret admirer would give their crush. We followed Pietro as much as possible. As we rounded the corner, we ended up in a dead end with a ladder leading up.

"Go up! Climb!" Rogue yelled, "Ah'll use Jean's power tah hold `em off!"

One by one, the rest of them climbed up the ladder. When it was our turn to climb, Lubos let me go, me almost collapsing but catching myself at the last second, and I climbed as fast as I could, with Lubos behind me. At the top, a jet was idle. Rogue levitated to the roof and closed the hatch.

"Come on!" Storm called from the jet.

We ran for the jet. With everyone on board, the jet took off under fire. During the flight, I noticed that the sun was in the horizon. I couldn't tell whether it was sunrise or sunset. Wolverine put the plane on auto-pilot and came to the cargo hold to check up on us.

 

***************

 

Nef's POV

 

"Are you alright?" Wolverine asked the lot of us.

I didn't really care what had happened; I was just happy Dominick was here. Then it hit me! Why WAS he here? He's not a mutant! Is he? Or maybe he knows I'm a mutant.

"Dom," I called.

I noticed that he fell asleep. He was pretty cute when he slept. I placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, but I couldn't sleep. There was something on my mind. The last thing I could remember was being trapped in a dark sphere and then I was being rescued from a military base. My entire life and the lives of my friends have been completely turned upside-down since the day we stepped foot in the Xavier Institute. Would this continue happening if we stayed at the mansion?

 

Author's Note: Okay, that's my final chapter for this week. I've made my apology statement. Anyway, please review and give me some ideas for this fic. I'm seriously having a bad case of writer's block. I mean, I have the entire plot in my head, but I need some events to happen in between now and the plot in my head.