Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Elements ❯ Captured ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own!! Only mine is mine! Bleh!

Author's Note: Part two of my apology. I need more reviews! Introducing the eighth and final elemental incarnation.

 

Chapter Five: Deciphered

 

Justin's POV

 

I woke to the sound of Lubos' voice truing to wake me up. As I opened my eyes, I realized that my bed felt different. It felt hot. I sprang up onto the floor and gasped as I stared at my bed. The entire bed unit was charcoal (not really, just badly burnt.)

"What the hell?" I asked, "What happened?"

"I dunno," he responded.

Lubos, Neffy, Justin, Chandra, Ray, and Bobby, please report to the study immediately.

I'm guessing to myself that something bad had happened last night that involved my friends and I, but why Bobby and Ray as well? I didn't want to defy the professor, so I started for the w study. When I got there, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, and the professor were there. They didn't look mad or anything, just concerned. Lubos and I were alone for like three minutes in the study with the adults, when the other four entered.

"Professor…," Bobby started.

"Bobby," the professor interrupted, "What happened last night was of no fault of your own. Or any of you, for that matter."

"It seems to be the work of an outside party," beast explained.

"So, who's throwing the party, Hank?" Wolverine asked.

"Magneto, probably," Storm interjected.

The six of us just looked at each other in confusion and relief. As the adults talked amongst themselves, we asked each other if they knew what the hell they were talking about.

"You mean you DON'T know what happened?" Logan snarled.

We all shook our heads.

`Someone, I don't know how to put it, enhanced you powers using a spell of some sort," Beast said.

"Or that's what Huntress tells us, "Wolverine scoffed.

"Are you callin' Kia a liar, Mr. Logan?" I asked, enraged at his idea of the alleged betrayal of a good friend of mine.

"That's exactly what I mean," he growled, "She was the only one who saw the entire thing. Who's not to say she's the one who cast the spell?"

"Logan, we can not accuse someone without any proof," Storm said, "You six may go back to your rooms."

We did as we were told and left the study as the adults continued to bicker. As we rounded the corner, Kia had almost bumped into us.

"Kia!" Chandra exclaimed, "Do you really know what happened? I mean, Wolverine did say you saw it all."

"I did."

She explained the entire night to us: where she was and why, the chant, the eruption of powers and the boy who helped.

"I'm sorry I can't be of any more help," she said, depressed.

She walked to our rooms with us. I felt really strange, as if we were being watched, even though the house seemed empty.

"Have you noticed that everyone's avoiding us," Neffy pointed out, "It's getting on my nerves."

"You know what?" forget them, let's have some fun. Let's have a party, a small one, just us seven," Lubos said.

"Sure, I have music. All we need is chips, soda and popcorn," I added.

"We'll handle the chips and whatnot," Bobby said, "C'mon, Ray."

 

***************

 

Lubos' POV

 

I still hadn't the vaguest clue to what happened last night, except for the dream I had with the blind woman in it. It really bugged me that what I saw was the definite future and I could do nothing to change it. But what was that about her saying that there's a chance to change the future's future?

"Hey, Lubos. You okay?" Neffy said, waving her hand in my face, "Hello? Yoo-hoo, anybody home?"

She interrupted my thinking. That really got me a little mad. I grabbed her hand to stop it from waving.

"Pleas stop that," I said.

At that moment, Bobby and Ray returned with four bags, two each.

"Hey, we're back!" Ray said in a sing-songy voice.

I walked over to the CD player that was in one of the hanging quarters of the mansion. I took out Chandra's Linkin Park Meteora CD and pressed PLAY. As the music to play, we all pretended to play the instruments, like idiots. I was lead singer, Justin was electric guitar, Ray was bass, Bobby was synchronizer/keyboards and Chandra was drums. Nef and Kia was the crowd. We rocked on through "Hit the Floor," "Faint," "Breaking the Habit," and "Numb." The other songs we just took rests on to eat and drink. When the CD ended, I switched it to Evanescence's Fallen CD. Rogue had suddenly appeared when "Going Under" started and asked if I was okay. I told her I was, and in return, I asked if she wanted to join us. She accepted the offer.

 

***************

 

Kia's POV

 

As the party went on, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Guys?" I yelled, making everyone turn around, "The doorbell."

We all ran for the door, but I was way ahead of them. When I opened it, some teenage boy stood at the door (obviously, where else would he stand? In the bushes?).

"Yes?" I asked.

"Um… I'm looking for Nefertari Harris. Is she here?"

"I'm here! Who is it?" Nef yelled from far away.

When Nef finally got to the door, she was gasping for air.

"Um…," he said.

"Oh, huff, Dominick, huff, what are you, huff, doin' here?"

"Just wanted to see you," he said.

"Oh, that's so sweet," Nef hugged him.

In the distance, I could see the figure of a teenaged girl walkin' to the mansion.

"Hey, someone else is comin'," I told everyone.

"Huh?" Justin said, "I don't see anyone."

"Well, that doesn't alter the fact that some is comin'."

I squinted hard to see who else was in the immediate vicinity. I could see no one, but I could smell two other people. Justin ran up to the unknown newcomer.

 

***************

 

Krystal's POV

 

As I walked down the gravel road leading to the Xavier Institute, all I could think about was the dream about the blind woman. She told me that I had to come here because someone I knew needed my help. I was anxious to find out who the person was. As I neared the Institute, a teen boy ran up to me. I instantly recognized the boy!

"Z-kun!" I screamed.

"Neko-chan? Krystal, is that you?"

The boy ran faster and I ran as well. We hugged tightly.

"Justin, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm great, Krys, what are you doin' here?"

"I don't really know. I had a dream that someone needed my help here, and you know how superstitious I am with dreams."

"Yeah. Oh, I want you to meet my friends, well, you already know a couple of them."

"I do?" I asked, confused.

When Justin took me back to the entrance, he introduced his friends to me.

"Neko, this is Bobby slash Iceman, Ray slash Berzerker, Rogue, and you already know Kia, Neffy, Lubos and Chandra, right?"

"Yeah! It's great to see you."

"Oh, yeah. They go by Huntress, Terra, Kaze, and Undine," he explained pointing to the others while saying their respective aliases.

"Oh, that's so cool. You guys can call me Neko. What do you go by, Justin?"

"Wildfire."

"Z-kun, I missed you so much. Angie and I were so worried about you after you ran away."

"Angie? Angeleca's here?"

"No. After she found out I was a mutant, she stopped to me as…"

"What!? Why!?"

"Would ya let me finish?" I snapped, "She stopped talking to me as a cover-up for her family. She still sends me e-mails."

After a couple of minutes of explaining what happened after Z-kun and company ran away. Kia… err, Huntress tensed her muscles.

"Guys… we are NOT alone," Huntress growled.

Everybody got into some sort of battle-ready stance. Out of the air, shot an army of metal spheres. They headed straight for us. Z-kun used his power of fire to toast a small portion of the, Berzerker shocked more. As rogues came dangerously close, Huntress drop-kicked each of them. For every one that was destroyed, three more came in their place. Iceman froze as Terra levitated boulders from the ground and unleashed them upon the spheres. Kaze used the fiercest winds he could conjure up to blow them away, into each other if he could. To my knowledge, Rogue just stood there, dodging the spheres. This was just like my dream. Exactly like it. From the Institute, more mutants in strange uniforms came out to help. I had to assume they were the X-Men. One of the metal spheres opened up and unleashed robotic arms that grabbed Terra and placed inside of it.

"Lubos!!!" she screamed as she was grabbed.

Bobby and Ray were next to be taken, then Lubos. Z-kun tried to save him, grabbing his hand.

"Lubos! Hang on!" Z-kun yelled.

"Justin, don't let go!" Kaze told him.

Another one grabbed Justin and pulled the two friends apart, each screaming the other's name. I was dumbfounded that the X-Men were hitting all the wrong targets. I failed to notice that one was coming for me, but at the last moment, I dodged away by jumping. Right next to me was a bed of roses. With the knowledge of my powers, I grabbed a rose, pulled off the petals with one swipe, which I pocketed for the time being, and used my power of the Wood element to elongate the rose stem, forming it into a thorny whip. As one neared me, I would slice it in half. I would not be taken without a fight. I whiplashed many of the spheres, but they kept coming back, gunning for me, it seemed. I took out the rose petals and threw them into the air to form a petal-based barrier. I "commanded" each of them, one at a time, to fly into the sphere, destroying it successfully. I knew it was a matter of time before I would tire out, but I didn't realize it would be this quick. As I collapsed, one of the spheres grabbed me, and that was the last thing I remembered…

 

Author's Note: O_O… omg. Even I didn't know that that was gonna happen. It just poured outta my head. I think this is the best cliffhanger EVER! Too bad the next chapter won't come for a LONG time. I have five finals on Tuesday that I have to study for and I need to concentrate more on schoolwork. Please review in the review section. Tell me how you liked it and I need more ideas