Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of Legolas ❯ An invitation ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Love of Legolas
Chapter 2: An invitation


"Aragorn, Aragorn!!!!" Queen Arwen called out to her husband.

"What is it Arwen, dear?" Asked Aragorn.

"The invitation for Legolas and Kiroa's wedding is here!!" She exclaimed happily.

"That rascal. I can hardly believe that he has decided to settle down.
But Kiroa is absoulutely perfect for him. Well, we'll have to leave soon. We'd better get packing."

Arwen kissed Aragorn gently.

"Well I'm going to find Faramir and Eowyn and see if they got their invitation yet.
And you're right you'd better start packing, because it will take you forever to find your things."

Arwen smiled at her husband, and he grinned sheepishly at her.

"You're right. I'm not very organized. Alright my Evenstar I'd better get to it."

"Maybe our son or daughter will be more organized than you." Arwen said playfully.

Aragorn patted Arwen's stomach.

"I don't know about that. But with your beauty and my charm this baby is going to be one like the world
has never seen."

Arwen laughed her musical laugh.

"Well I'll see you later my handsome king."

They shared one more parting kiss and then Arwen ran out through the smooth
marbled walls of the palace of Minas Tirith. As Aragorn walked to his chambers to start packing, his thoughts rested on Legolas.

'I've been friends with Legolas for so long. I can't wait to see him finally get married. Now he can have the same happiness that I have with Arwen.
I always knew he'd find the perfect girl for him. It'll be great to see him again.'

Aragorn reminised about old times with Legolas late into the afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------

"That pointy eared elvish princeling getting married. I know he wrote all of the fellowship and told us of the engagement a few months ago, but I
can still hardly believe it. But I really like Kiroa. She was a lovely girl, and very beautiful at that. She was almost as beautiful as Lady Galadriel. Almost.
And that's really saying something because Galadriel is the most beautiful woman in the world."

Gimli walked through the finely sculptured halls of the Lonely Mountain. He was looking for his father Gloin, so that he could tell his father about the invitaion.
He found him in the main hall enjoying a glass of malt beer.

"Father I've just recieved the invitation to Legolas' wedding."

A smile crossed Gloin's face.

"Well, well Legolas is getting married? That's wonderful. Im must admit that the lad quite grew on me during his last visit here.
Give him my reguards. I really wish I could go, but I must handle the affairs here. As you know son, there have been some orcs spotted near here."

"I will make sure to tell him. I think I'll leave tommorow. I really can't wait to see everyone again. It's been a while since our last visit.
And I must find the time to make as much fun of Legolas as possible."

Gloin laughed.

"I don't ever think I've ever seen such a pair of friends as you and Legolas. Well I'll see you later Gimli."

"Goodbye father."

As Gimli walked out of the hall he began to think of what he could get as a wedding present.

'I really wonder what I should get. Oh well I'll figure it out later. I'd better get packing or
I'll never get there.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------

The Green Dragon was loud and noisy as usual, with hobbits singing and dancing on top of tables.
Pippin, Merry, Sam, Frodo, and Gandalf were all sitting at a table together discussing Legolas' wedding.

"I think we should leave tommorrow morning so that we will have plenty of time to get there." Said Gandalf.

The four hobbits agreed.

"I can't wait to see Legolas." Said Merry with a grin.
"I'm so happy that he is getting married. Ever since I met Kiroa I knew she was perfect for him."

"I can't wait to get there either." Said Frodo. "It'll be so exciting to have everyone together again."

"Yes it will be." Said Sam.

"You know I don't think I've ever seen Legolas as happy as he is when he is with Kiroa. He acts just the way Aragorn does with Arwen, and the way Sam does with Rosie." Said Pippin.

Sam smiled as Pippin said this.

"Well love is an amazing thing. Now that you mention it Pippin, you seem pretty happy with Diamond, and you Merry with Estella."

"Well neither of us has decided anything permanent, but we are very happy." Said Pippin

"Yes the same goes for Estella and I. Love really is amazing. I am glad that Legolas has found it."

"I do not believe I have ever heard Legolas talk abut anyone the way he talks about Kiroa." Said Gandalf


"Well I know that Gimli and Aragorn are excited to. We can have all the fun that we used to. Ah good times good times. It'll be great to have everyone together again.
I do believe our fellowship are the best of friends." Said Frodo.

They all toasted to that. Then seeing that it was very late, they all went to bed. They had a long journey tommorow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

As Legolas lay in bed that night, he thought of all his friends.

'I can't wait to see them all. I know that father will be gald to see Lord Elrond again. It'll be great to have the fellowship all together agin. They really are my best friends.
And Faramir, Eowyn, Arwen, Elladan, and Ellorohir will be here to, and many of our other friends. It'll be so great to see all of my friends in one place. Gimli and Aragorn will try to make as much fun of me as possible.'

He laughed. The three of them loved to play jokes on each other.

Then his thoughts turned to Kiroa.

'I never thought that I'd meet someone like her. She is my angel on earth and I love her so much. Our children will have so many godparents.
I don't think I've ever been so happy. I thank the Valar for sending her to me. My precious Kiroa.'

As Legolas drifted off to sleep, the stars twinkled ablove him and the breeze blew ever so slightly in the night.