Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of Legolas ❯ Friends arrive in mirkwood ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Love of Legolas
Chapter 3: Friends arrive

"I'm hungry!!!" Complained Pippin as they walked through Mirkwood Forest.

Gandalf sighed exasperatedly.

"We ate only an hour ago, Peregrin. We are almost to King Tharanduil's palace,
I'm sure you won't starve to death!!!"

"Easy for you to say." Grumbled Pippin.

The four hobbits and Gandalf had set off from Bag End several days
before and were now finally in Mirkwood. Gandalf though, had a booming headache.

Then suddenly Frodo cried:

"Ouch!!! Who are you?"

Frodo had run into something or rather someone who was very solid.

"Looks like you had better watch where you are going young hobbit."

It was Gimli.

"Gimli!!!" Cried all of the hobbits.

"Did you just arrive Gimli?" Asked Merry.

"Yes Master Merry, it seems as though we are all here to greet Legolas at once.
I wonder where Aragorn is?"

"Right behind you."

They all jumped.

"Strider it's you!!!" Said Sam. "Where are Lady Arwen, Lady Eowyn and Faramir?"

"They'll be here in a little while. Framir had the cart with the luggage, and Arwen
and Eowyn didn't feel like walking so they rode with him. They told me to go on ahead so that everyonre would
know we were here.

"Well." Said Aragorn with a grin at everyone, "Looks like we're all here, let's go find Legolas shall we?"

The seven of them stood in front of the elvish palce. It was surrounded by trees and parts of it were outside, much like Rivendell.
It was beautiful with all of the trees and elvish designs. Mirkwood itself was simply beautiful, and was completely open to nature, which the elves loved.
They all walked through the two main doors which were beautifully carved, and were greeted by two elves who led them into the main room.
There they found Lord Elrond chatting with King Thranduil, Queen Halierel, and Princess Willow. Nanolas and Ninolas were running around
and being hiper as usual. Then there stood Legolas, hand in hand with Kiroa and Laughing with Elladan and Elrohir. When Legolas heard the doors creak open,
he glanced at who was coming in. He smiled his elvish smile at his friends and his eyes sparkled.

"Well I see you all got here in one piece." He joked.

"Yes we did," Gandalf said with a smile at Legolas, "But I don't really know how we managed it." He said this with a glare over at Pippin.

The friends greeted each other and talked for a little while. Then Legolas noticed that Kiroa was standing shyly in a corner.

"Kiroa, honey come over here and talk with us." Said Legolas.

Legolas was surprised, Kiroa had never been shy in front of his friends before.

"Ya we won't bite you Kiroa." Said Merry with a laugh.

(In truth Kiroa had just been trying to give Legolas a minute alone with his friends she wasn't really shy in front of them.)

When Kiroa walked over, each memeber of the fellowship gave her a kiss on the hand.
Then Legolas kissed her gently on the lips and took her hand in is.

"It's wonderful to see you again lovely Kiroa." Said Gimli.

"Why thank you Gimli." Said Kiroa with a blush.

The friends were busy talking about the wedding plans and catching up with each other
when Kiroa asked:

"Aragorn, where are Arwen, Eowyn and Farmir?"

He was about to answer when he was interrupted by a sudden CRASH!!!!

"What in the name of the Valar was that?" Said Thranduil and Elrond together.

They all ran outside to see what the commotion was.

"Oh my." gasped Kiroa.

All of Eowyn's and Arwen's luggaage was on the ground and the cart turned over. The two of them seemed to be looking for
something under all of the luggage.

"Uh Arwen, Eowyn, may I ask what happened and what are you looking for?" asked Lord Elrond.

"Faramir." Said Eowyn matter of factly. " He ran the luggage cart into a tree."

When Faramir finally found his way out from under all of the bags, he said to his wife:

"Well it's awfully hard to drive a cart around trees when there's a million pounds of luggage in it!!! I ask you
we're staying for two weeks and you had to bring all of this!!"

"Well darling husband I am a woman and therefore I need more luggage than you do." Said Eowyn

Everyone laughed at the couple's argument.

"Well we need to get this suff inside, come on Faramir. And you." She pointed at Aragorn. "Some of this is yours to."

Aragorn galnced evilly at his friends and they immediatley came to help him. Legolas was just picking up a suitcase when Eowyn and Arwen called him over.

"You can help later Legolas, We would like to talk to you and Kiroa for a moment." They said.

Both Legolas and Kiroa recieved hugs from Arwen and Eowyn.

"So are you two excited?"

"I can hardly wait." Beamed Kiroa with a loving look at Legolas.

Legolas smiled his smile that was resrved just for Kiroa and said:

"It'll be great to actually get married after all of the preparation we've had. I don't think I've ever seen mother run around so much or be so stressed out."

The Queen glanced over to her son.

"I heard that Legolas. You're my son and I want your wedding to be special. And Kiroa is like a daughter to me."

"Well mother I think it's going to be perfect so don't worry." Said Legolas.

"I think it will be the finest wedding Mirkwood has ever seen." Said Thranduil with a smile at his wife.

"Well Kiroa, Arwen , Eowyn let's go get you things put away and then we can admire the gorgeous bridesmaids dresses and Kiroa's
exquisite weeding dress. Then we can get ready for the marvelous feast Fther is having tonight." Said Willow.

Legolas grinned at his big sister. Willow had insisted that a huge feast be thrown when Everyone in the wedding party arrived. Not that Thranduil minded.
There were dozens of tents set up under the tall leafy trees. It really was going to be a grand party.

"Well I'm off." Said Kiroa. She kissed Legolas goodbye and walked off with the other girls.

"Well," Said Pippin, "I think it's time to go have a drink, a toast to the groom!!"

"Ay!!" They all said together.

"And a perfect time to make fun of the groom." Said Aragorn and Gimli together.

Everyone's laughter rang through the trees as the friends walked together.