Fan Fiction ❯ The Story Of A Girl Named Mei ❯ The Story Of a Girl Names Mei ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~♥~The story of a girl named Mei ~♥~
 
~♥~By: Elaine Morrison~♥~
 
 
Mei was your normal teenage girl, or so everyone though. She had the best grades in her classes. She loved sports and was on almost every school sports team. She was about 5”7 and built and very attractive to the eye. She was in all the teachers' good books. She was always picked to show guests and new students around the school. She always seemed happy and smiles at everyone she met. Everyone though she was fine and nothing was wrong with her.
 
 
Mei walked down the hall at her school. She wasn't feeling good again. She looked down at her are and sighed. She pulled down her sleeve and waved at a few friends as they passed her. She was friends with most of the people in the school. All the teachers thought she was perfect. The principal thought she could do no wrong and never had to call her parents for anything bad. Her parents were always getting call telling them how good she was and asking if she could do something for the school. Her parents always excepted the best from her and she always did her best and more if possible.
 
To tell the truth she hated being perfect. She hated having to stay after school for some other event. She liked doing the sports though. It was the only thing she actually liked about school. She was captain for all the teams she was on. That part she hated she wished someone else would take that position. She had a boyfriend, he was the captain of the football team. He was good looking sure but he was an ass. He treated her like shit half the time and would stick up for his team mates all the time and got into a lot of fights. He was not well liked by the students in the school.
 
She kept walking down the hall thinking about her life. She looked down at her arm again. She knew it would get out soon but she didn'twant it to get out yet. She didn't care what people though. She didn't think it was wrong. It's not like she was doing drugs or anything. She was only after al hurting herself, right? She was always told she had to be perfect. Everyone expected it from her and that she had to balance her schedule and not be late for anything. She had been late for one thing and she was in trouble for that from her parents.
 
She walked into the office to talk to the principal and get even more things to do for the upcoming weeks. She was bored out of her mind sitting there waiting for him to finish his meeting. She smiled at the secretaries as they walked by every once and a while. One stopped to talk to her for a little bit then went back to her desk and started typing something and answering the phone every little while when it rang. Finally the principal finished his meeting and came out to get her.
 
“Mei, please come in.” he said happily and smiled then walked back into his office and sat down at his desk. He took out a piece of paper and read it over while waiting for her to enter. She got up and walked in and sat in the all to familiar leather chair. As she sat down and heard the air slowly exited under her weight and she sighed. It was getting slower and less air each time. Only she noticed though and she wasn't about to tell anyone. He looked up over his papers as he heard her sit down and smiled and put the papers down.
 
“Well I guess you know why you're here.” He said sitting back in his chair after passing her the paper he was reading a moment before she came in. She nodded and looked over the papers. There was something about a teen abuse lecture and a new sports team and a church event. She mentally sighed and looked up. She hated doing all these things. The only time she had left was to sleep. She never really slept that much anymore though. She would just lay there in her bed looking up at the ceiling and thinking about her life, or rather the life everyone else was making her live. She hated how she had to live by everyone else's standards, even though none of them ever met their standards.
.
 
She looked up at the principal as he talked not really listening. He didn't seem to notice though and kept talking. She was getting bored and restless. She moved into a different position every few minuets. She watched out the window as a bird flew by. She wanted to go out side and have fun and not have to worry about a sports team or some church event. She was tired of doing everything for everyone but herself. She barely had time to think by herself anymore, she always had someone following her.
 
The principal was soon done talking and she was aloud to leave and go back to class. She had about 20 minuets left of math then it was science. She loved science it was easy for her. So were math and art but she didn't have art till the end of the day. They were going to be doing a lab today and she couldn't wait. It was a big lab worth a good percentage of her final grade. They would be dissecting either a frog of a piglet. She wanted the frog; she didn't think she would be able to cut the poor piglet. She hated biology well, this part anyway
 
She walked to her math class and found the door closed. She knocked and stepped back waiting for the teacher to come to the door. She smiles as the teacher opened the door and let her in. she walked to her desk and waved to a couple friends as she made her way to her desk. She sat at the back of the room on the far left side and all of her tuff was their and there were some papers on her desk. She looked at them and saw one of them was a test. She picked it yup and saw the usual 100% and sighed. She sat down and put the test in the binder and looked up at the teacher as he continued to teach the lesion. She looked over at her friend taking notes and giggled a bit. He barely ever took notes so that was quite funny.
 
Koumyou her younger sister was just as smart as hr but didn't let anyone know. So she kept her grades down by not doing some of the work. She looked over at her friend kite; he was one of the people she had known since she was little. He looked up and turned to her and smiled. He started moving his hands and she knew he was signing and asking hr a question. They had both taken sign language classes, it was his idea. She got what he saying and signed and sighed a bit. He asked what activities she had to do now.
 
She slipped him the paper and sat back in her desk. The teacher didn't care what she did in class. She had a grade average of 95%. He started signing again and she answered and smiled a bit. He asked her to go to the mall after science. He had that class with her too. They skipped sometimes when they didn't want to do something or meet someone in another class. They would go to the mall for about an hour then to the library to do work. Today though she didn't really feel like going. She signed a no and a sorry then turned back to the teacher and put her stuff away.
 
As soon as class was out she walked to kite and they both walked to science. They were always lab partners in there class. He told her he wanted to do the pig and she said she would do it but she might be sick. He only laughed and kept walking. He knew that as soon as she gets into something nothing can stop her. She didn't want to do the lab about a month ago when they ad to dissect fish. She had said the same thing, she might get sick. She was the one after about 30 minuets was done the assignment.
 
For the past two weeks he had been noticing that she was getting a little pale and was wearing long sleeved shirts instead of the normal short ones she wore. She was getting a bit less cheerful then usual and she was always looking tired. She had a sad kind of look on her face most of the time instead of the smiles she had always had before. She looked tired all the time. He didn't think much of it at first because of all the activities she has to do for the school and the church.
 
At the end of the day she walked home. Kite offered to walk her home but her boyfriend said no that he would d it and graded her arm and started walking away. She signed sorry to him before being surrounded by the rest of the football team. One nicknamed skele stood behind her. He was called that because he always tackled people using his head. She just walked with them; they were talking about there last game. She wanted them to just leave and her boyfriend to get the hint that she doesn't like him and go away.
 
They stopped at her house and she ran to the door. They kept moving not even noticing her leave. She got in the house and ran to her room. No one else was home, like normal. No one was ever home when she got to the house. Her parents were always working and her sister was always with her friends. She liked being alone though. She could do what ever she wanted and right now she was feeling a bit depressed. She had wanted to talk to kite about the lab they did today but her stupid boyfriend had to be a jerk and drag her away. She sat up in her room looking at the knife that was sitting on her table. Just then the phone rang. She went to answer it and it was her sister. She told her that she was going to stay at her friends' house for the night.
 
She went back and laid on the bed thinking about everything that was going on. She got up and went down stairs and into the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of juice and walked into the living room and looked at all the awards sitting in a glass cabinet. She hated those things and how her parents showed them off to everyone. She went up stairs and grabbed the knife off the table and looked it over.
 
It had a bit of blood on the edge of the blade and on the handle. She moved it to her wrist and pressed down slightly and lifted it again. She put the blade to her skin again and cut her wrist, not very deep but enough to bleed. She was lost in the feeling of the blood running down her wrist then hitting the floor. She put the knife to her skin again and cut deeper. She watched as the blood flowed down her wrist and she moved the knife away and laid back on the bed. She picked up the knife in the hand that had been previously cut and moved it to her other wrist and cut it as well.
 
She was feeling light headed after about 20 minuets and closed her eyes. Her wrists were still bleeding out turning her red sheets even darker with the dark red liquid pooling around her body a bit. It wasn't much blood it just was moving out across the sheets. She thought about her life and that she always had to be perfect. She just wishes she was like her sister not doing everything anyone told her. She just wished she was dead at this point. She thought about how everyone would deal with her death. Half the people she knew wouldn't care. Maybe the only one who would be deeply affected was kite.
 
She sat thinking about kite and when they were younger and how much fun they had. She thought about how much they had changed over they ears. Well how much she had changed really, he was still the same. He still liked the same stuff he always did, he acted the same way too. She on the other hand had changed a lot over the years. She had learned to like different thing and never really doing anything she use to with him. They use to walk in the woods every Friday and Saturday at about 11 am and then came home all muddy around 6 pm. Those were some of her last thoughts as she slipped peacefully into the darkness. She had a smile on her face and was, for the first time in a longtime, happy.
 
~♥~The End~♥~