Fan Fiction ❯ The Story Of A Girl Named Mei ❯ Kite;s Story ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~ Kite's Story ~~
~~ By: Elaine Morrison ~~
 
Kite sat in class and watched his friend Mei leaving to the principals office again. He hated that she was always being called down there for something else to do for the school or the church or whatever else. She never had any time to spend with him anymore. They use to do everything together, now they see each other in class or when they skip class, which is that often anymore. He sighed to himself and looked back at the teacher as she walk out the door without making a noise as usual. Some times he wished he could tell them off or maybe she would but he knew that wouldn't happen. She lived to please and that's what he loved and hated about her.
 
He wanted to ask her out for a while now. He had loved her for a long time now, he was just to scared to say anything. Plus he knew she was dating the football captain, which he also knew was not her choice, she hated him with a passion and she told him that the first time she saw him. He smiled at himself for that he at least knew she liked him and not that ass she was dating. He had made up his mind he was going to ask her today if she wanted to skip with him and ask her then. He just hoped she was up to skipping after science.
 
He had been noticing she was getting pale lately and it didn't worry him at first but now it was, plus she had been wearing long sleeve shirts for the past few weeks and he was starting to wonder why she never wore then before. She also looked tired all but time, well she always looked tired but now more then ever. She had also not been eating at lunch, she only had a juice to drink he had been noticing lately. He didn't want to say anything to her about it so he didn't worry her that he was watching her to closely.
 
He started thinking about what they did when they were young and he remembered one time when she had fallen into a big mud puddle and got covered from head to toe. He had to help her out and they laughed about it for a while then went home after getting some of the mud off of her. Her mom was so mad because they had gotten mud all over everything well they were coming into the house. They had said sorry and cleaned up and had a bubble war getting each other wet and soapy. He let out a soft chuckle and the teacher looked at him then continued with the lesson. He was for the moment lost in his thoughts and wishing it was like that still it was much more fun back then.
 
A little while later Mei walked back into the room after knocking on the door for the teacher. She looked slightly down then smiled and waved at her friends, well if you wanted to call them friends. Then sat at her seat. He caught her attention then started signing a questions to her, then she answers and passes him a piece of paper. He read it over and mentally sighed and passed it back, she had more things to do for the church and school teams. He looked down at his book and started to draw her, he was a good artist but didn't draw much, then looked back up at her asking her if she wanted to skip and she said no and he felt a bit down but smiles and signed an ok then went back to his drawing.
 
As the bell went he got his stuff together and looked at Mei, she was already packed up and waiting for him. He hurried up and caught up with her for next class. It was science and they were doing a lab, maybe he could get to talk to her then since they were always partners for labs. He was still thinking of a time to tell her how he felt. Maybe he could walk her home after school and go over for a bit before she had to go to something else run through the school. He really wanted to talk to her about this soon so she could dump that good for nothing football jerk.
 
As they got to science they went to there seats and waited for instructions from the teacher on the lab today as soon as that was over they went to the lab stations and got there things ready before the teacher handed out the piglets and frogs. He asked for the piglet cutting off Mei as she was about to say frog and took the piglet form the teacher and got it ready in the dissecting pan, tying the legs to the corners exposing the belly he then looked at her and smiles a bit. “It will be ok, lets get started.” He smiles again looked at the teacher for a moment then he made the first cut.
 
After they had found everything they needed and written the report they had only been working for about 30 minutes and everyone else was barely half done. He chuckled a bit watching one of the guys start looking for something and looked like he was going to be sick. Not everyone wanted to do this lab he could tell and he wondered if some of them were even going to finish it. He knew most would but a few pares would need more time of something. He sat down and looked back at Mei and smiled a bit seeing that she was in a better mood now that she was away form the pig and the principal for the moment.
 
He taped her on the shoulder and waited for her to look up. “Can I walk you home tonight, maybe we can hang out before you have to go out tonight.” He watched her waiting for a response, which didn't come for a bit after she thought for a few moments. “Sure but I don't know if you can walk with me, you know my boyfriend he probably wont let you but you can come after I get home if you want.” She smiled and put her head back down and started writing again. He nodded and finished writing his stuff as well and they handed it in and got ready to leave the bell about to go.
 
After school he was waiting by her locker with his head down not really paying attention to what was going on around him. He looked up and jumped back looking her in the eyes, he hadn't even heard her come up to him. He smiles and moved to the side a bit letting her get her stuff then waited for her to talk or something “Are you going to come over tonight kite? I would like to see you” She smiled and leaned on the locker slightly holding some of her art books the rest of her books in her bag.
 
“Yeah I be there around 5:00 is that alright?” He stepped back a bit getting ready to leave. “Yeah that should be fine I don't have to go out till about 8:30 so yeah that's good” She smiled and turned walking out of the school with him close behind her about to ask her another question when her boyfriend pulled her away and she disappeared into the crowed of football players. He lost sight of her after a few minutes then left getting his stuff together and walking home to start on some of his homework, he had to draw a picture and he knew exactly what it was going to be of. He smiled at himself and started drawing his picture.
 
He lost track of time and it was about 5:30 when he looked at his clock and he cursed at himself and grabbed the drawing he had made for Mei and put it in a book and the other in his backpack. And ran out of the house, he had to make a stop before he went to her house. He ran to the store and grabbed some flowers, he remembered Mei saying these were the ones she liked, dark red roses and a box of gummy worms. It had been a joke between them for a while, ever since she fell in that mud puddle all those years ago.
 
Then he ran as fast as he could to her house almost getting hit by a few cars doing so. He was mad at himself for leaving so late when he said he would be there for 5:00 and it was now about 6:00. he kept going till he got to her house and knocked on her door a few times then stood waiting for about 5 minutes then knocked again and he found it a bit odd she didn't answer the first time. He though that maybe she had just fallen asleep, after all she needed it so he let him self in and went into the kitchen to make something for them to eat before he went up to wake her.
 
He made her favorite meal, pasta with cheesy tomato sauce and cut up vegetables. It took him about 20 minutes to make and he seemed pretty proud of himself as he set the table then move to go up stairs but then remembered he forgot to put the picture he drew out for her to see and the flowers and gummy worms. He quickly got that all out then went up the stairs quietly and knocked on her door lightly and didn't hear a response then opened the door slowly and walked in not noticing a thing.
 
As he got closer to her he saw the smiles on her face and smiled for a moment then realized there were cuts on her wrists and pools of blood around her and a few drops on the carpet and he rushed to her side checking for a pulse and feeling a vary faint one. Then tried to wake her but she didn't respond to anything he did. He let her go for a moment to get the phone to get help and momentarily forgot the number then looked on the phone and saw it dialing it quickly and waited for someone to answer.
 
As the phone clicked and someone said hello Mei opened her eyes for a moment and said his name softly still not moving put forcing her eyes to stay open for a few moments at a time as he talked to the person on the phone. “Now Sir, you say there are cuts on her wrist, can you tell how much blood she has lost” the voice asked “it looks like most of it was soaked into the bed, can you send an ambulance please quickly” he looked at her for a moment briefly wondering why she would do this and wondered if it was because he was late.
 
“Yes Sir, there on there way, is she conscious or unconscious” The voice asked “She's looking at me every once and a while but I don't think she's totally in there, I think I hear the medical team I have to go, bye” He shut the phone off and threw it to the other side of the room and put an arm under her neck and lifted her up a bit and lied her on the floor so they would have more room to work on here and he held her hand for a moment seeing the cuts still bleeding slightly so he grabs a shirt and tears it and wraps it around her wrist and stops the bleeding and waits for the medics to come looking at her face, not a drop of blood on her face, it still seemed like this wasn't happening but he had to face the fact that it was closing his eyes for a moment then opening them again seeing the medics already in the room.
 
He sits back and watched them check her out and put her on the stretcher and he follows them down stairs and out the door and to the ambulance. “Can I go with her?” he looked up at the lady standing over Mei as she lay on the stretcher and she nods “Hurry up, your girlfriend has lost a lot of blood she needs to get to the hospital quickly.” He blinked a bit and hoped in taking a seat next to her and looking at her face as they close the door and start on the way to the hospital.
 
He sat thinking about when they were young and just looking into hr face not saying a word to the people in the ambulance and a few tears slipped down his cheek. This was not the first time he had cried for her but this was the first time he cried around her it didn't matter though, he didn't care what people would think he was sad and scared not knowing what to do anymore. He would do anything to save her of be with her but now he wasn't sure what was going to happen.
 
He thought back through the last few weeks and it was all starting to make sense the paleness was because she was cutting and loosing blood, the long sleeve shirts were to cover up the cuts and bruises and tiredness was also because of blood loss and not eating properly. A few more tears fell from his eyes and he cursed himself mentally because he didn't say anything before this happened, he was so mad at him self he lost track of time for a few moments because they were now at the hospital and taking Mei out of the ambulance and into the emergency ward. He jumped up quickly and followed them not wanting to leave her side.
 
The doctors took her in and stitched up the cuts and stopped the bleeding completely and started putting blood into to her after they found out what type she was. She had slipped into unconsciousness before the medics had gotten there and was still so. He hoped she would be alright she seemed to be alright, they said she was stable now but she had lost a lot of blood and there was a small infection in her blood so they put her on a medication to kill and clean it out.
 
They said they would have to notify her parents and he looked down when they said that. He knew they weren't around and probably wouldn't come anyway just thinking they were calling about another event they wanted there daughters help with. He looked up at the nurse as she asked him if he would like anything and he shook his head and looks over to her room, he wasn't aloud in just yet and that was making him a bit nervous and wondering if everything was alright.
 
He glanced down at his hand and saw the dry spots of blood and he made a slight fist and opened it again just staring at the blood. “What did I do wrong, why would she do this to herself, maybe….just maybe if I wasn't late this wouldn't have happened.” He was lost in thought and didn't hear the questions the nurse was asking now. He looked up at her for a moment then back at his hands and not moving his gaze again.
 
The nurse went off to get a cloth to clean his hands with shaking her head slightly feeling sorry for the boy, he had found someone he clearly cared about almost dead, and the poor girl what pushed her to do this when she had someone that cared about her a lot it made no sense to the nurse but she had seen thing much worse then this before she just hoped they would both be alright.
 
She came back a few minutes later and he hadn't moved and she sat beside him and held out the cloth which he looked at briefly then back at his hands. “Would you like me to clean them or would you rather do it sir?” she asked quietly waiting for a response. He looked up again and nodded reaching for the cloth and slowly rubbing the spots of blood off. “How is she Miss? Can I see her now?” he finished cleaning his hands and she saw that he had no marks on him and that all the blood was indeed the girls.
 
“Well you can go in now if you would like for a little bit, we still haven't gotten a hold of her parents, do you know where they might be?” She asked standing up. “Working.” He answered simply and got up and walked to her room entering slowly and quietly. He looked her over, she was in a white hospital gown and she had an IV in her arm and a monitor on her finger reading her heart beet. He smiles a bit looking at her face, they had a breaking line in her nose “She must be able to breath ok on her own then, that's good.” He walked over to her right side and pulled up a chair sitting down.
 
He took her hand and squeezed it slightly “Your going to get through this I know you are, your fighter.” He smiles and watched the heart monitor for a moment seeing it looked normal then back at her face. “Why would you do this to yourself Mei, what was so bad that you did this to get away from it?” He moved his thumb over the back of her hand slowly then let her hand go. “Someone needs to tell your family about this and they wont answer the hospital's calls, I'll be right back I'll see if I can get them to come here.” He got up reluctantly and walked to the door looking back at her for a moment then leaving the room and heading for the doors so he could use his cell phone to get a hold of her parents.
 
First he called her mom hoping she would answer but she didn't then he tried her dad and still no answer so he called the house seeing if one of them were home but again he got no answer. Then he tried her little sister and finally someone picked up the phone.
 
“Hello, who is this?” Koumyou asked not recognizing the number. “Its me Kite I'm at the hospital…” She cut him off in mid sentence “And this has to do with me because?” He growled to himself and spoke again “I'm hear with your sister there's been an accident, she's in a room right now and stable but I can't get a hold of your parents, neither can the hospital.” He listened for a moment and heard nothing “I'm on my way, I'll get my parents.” There was a click and the line went dead and he closed his phone and went back into the hospital and went back to her room sitting on her right side again just watching her.
 
~~The End~~