Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 3 Sunrise made from the Warrior book series ❯ Returning to home ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Returning to home
Chapter 5

Rainpaw gasped as she saw the hole they all had just came out of. Cheetahfur looked expectantly at Swiftclaw but only a curt nod was given to him in reply. A few Juniper trees blocked them from Thunderclan cat’s views.
Swiftclaw stood up his ear twitching. “Well I better go now.” he growled as he took off past the trees. Tigerpaw cringed. “Guess I should go as well.” he mewed silently. Amberpaw rubbed her muzzle against his. “Don’t worry we all can still be friends.” she purred.
Cheetahfur was amazed that Fawnheart did the same thing with Hawkfur. “Come Hawkfur we have to go now or we’ll never be home before sundown.” spat Tigerpaw clawing through the trees. Hawkfur nodded and chased after the smaller apprentice.
“Well what about you two?” asked Fawnheart glaring at them with wonder. To Cheetahfur’s amazement Rainpaw was the one who answered. “We wish if you may ask some of your cats if they had two kit one from Riverclan and one from Thunderclan.” she asked flicking her tail impatiently.
Ravenheart stared at Rainpaw then nodded. “We could do that, but don’t worry Cheetahfur I’m sure we could find your brother and father before the next gathering.” Ravenheart purred as she also cut through the trees. “Farewell Rainpaw.” purred Amberpaw as she and Fawnheart chased after Ravenheart.
“Well come on Cheetahfur.” growled Rainpaw. “I’m am starving as well as tired.” she snapped. “Don’t worry Rainpaw I’m sure we will get back before Sundown after all we don’t have as far to go.” he purred pointing his muzzle in the direction of the river.
“Oh, thank Starclan.” she purred as she rushed into the river then to onto the island. Cheetahfur chased after her. “We need to find Bronzestar and tell her what happened to us, she should believe us after all she did tell everyone of the prophecy.” yowled Cheetahfur shaking the water from his coat.
“Deputy over here, I scent something.” growled a voice that was familiar. “Ruddypaw.” snapped Rainpaw rushing over to the bush, her injury slowed her down. The tawny tom came out of the bush. “Rainpaw is that really you.” he purred racing toward his sister.
A dark tom followed him. “Rainpaw you have finally returned.” the tom snapped. “Spiritwhisker will be happy about this.” purred the tom as he came closer to Cheetahfur.
“Cheetahfur you have also returned home.” growled the tom. “I am the new deputy.” he added. “What, but what about Spiritwhisker.” growled Cheetahfur. “Oh he’s fine but Bronzestar has lost her last life. It happened yesterday.” he meowed coldly.
Cheetahfur recognized the tone of the black tom’s voice. “Tallfoot is that you.” he purred racing to the tom as if he was his long lost brother. “Yes, Cheetahfur it is me. Some of us believed you and Rainpaw had ran away and weren’t coming back, but you proved them wrong, now we can see if Spiritwhisker will allow you back after all you did leave us.” he growled.
“Sorry Rainpaw but you did leave us for sometime.” added Ruddypelt nudging his sister.
“Don’t worry we won’t demand that you leave.” laughed Tallfoot. “But we need to see if you can stay, I bet he will say yes to you two after all we did lose our leader.” he meowed in a tone of sorrow. “But I came back.” snarled Rainpaw.
“Rainpaw calm down we don’t know if we can come back or not yet.” snapped Cheetahfur not knowing what to do. Rainpaw nodded as she followed her brother through the weeds.

Cheetahfur noticed all the kits had changed. Lilackit and Aquakit both played along the nursery. A dark ginger she-cat passed them. Cheetahfur knew it was Cedarkit. Bronzestar was a young leader who had a mate as well as the other nursery cats. Cedarkit and Rabbitkit had both been her kit’s that she let Rapidwind nurse while she was leading the other clan cats. A young brown tom followed her. “There is Rabbitpaw and Cedarpaw.” purred Tallfoot as they passed. “Bronzestar would have been proud of them.” added Ruddypelt.
“Deerpaw come here.” growled Ruddypelt stomping his front paw as he saw a young pale brown apprentice pass. Cheetahfur saw she had pale white flecks on her fur. “Yes Ruddypelt.” purred the she-cat as she came up to him. “Get Spiritwhisker out here.” growled Tallfoot strictly.
Cheetahfur was amazed at how much his friend had changed. The kitten twitched her whiskers. “Ok deputy.” grumbled Deerpaw, her ears flat against her head.
“You knew her as a kit right.” asked Ruddypelt as the apprentice left. “Of course I did.” growled Rainpaw. Ruddypelt glared at the feisty white apprentice.
“Are you alright Rainpaw.” growled Ruddypelt flicking her with his tail. “Of course mouse-brain.” purred Rainpaw as she gave her brother a quick lick. “You could have been a warrior like me and Sierranose if you had only stayed.” her brother coldly added. Rainpaw stared at her brother to see a glimpse of something she had never seen before.
A large black and white tom padded out of a den in front of them. He followed Deerpaw toward them. “Oh, Cheetahfur, Rainpaw you have returned.
“We were told a moon ago that eight cats had gone on the mission already.” growled Spiritwhisker. His claws dug into the earth. “The other leaders also agree about the apprentices that were sent.” he added. Rainpaw looked alarmed as if she had done something wrong.
“But Starclan told me to go.” spat Rainpaw. “Yes, it wasn’t her fault she was chosen to go.” snapped Cheetahfur, his fur bristling in alarm. “I know.” snarled Spiritwhisker.
“But you two left without warning anyone.” spat Ruddypelt. “But the other cats wanted us to leave right away so we could come back right away.” hissed Cheetahfur angrily. Spiritwhisker arched his back. “I am in no mode to fight and there is something I need to talk to Rainpaw about.” snapped the older tom.
“Tallfoot get the patrol Thunderclan has been invading our territory lately.” meowed Spiritwhisker. The black tom nodded and padded over toward Blackmuzzle. “Blackmuzzle, Sorrelclaw, and Ruddypelt, come on we are going on patrol.” spat Tallfoot. Deerpaw and Cedarpaw followed their mentors.
“Stay here you two.” growled Ruddypelt. The two apprentices stumbled as he nudged Deerpaw then Cedarpaw. “You two will train later.” he added as he followed the black deputy. “He is always so unfair.” stammered Cedarpaw. “No he’s not.” laughed Deerpaw her eyes filled with laughter. “Rainpaw come on.” hissed Moonbrook and Silverstorm. The white apprentice followed her mentor, her tail flicked with eagerness. “See you later Cheetahfur.” she mewed.
“Bye.” muttered Cheetahfur as he watched Rainpaw disappear into the mist of the den. He padded over to the warriors den, his eyes slowly closing as he curled up in his nest.