Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 3 Sunrise made from the Warrior book series ❯ Rainpaw's last moment as an Apprentice ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Rainpaw’s last morning as an apprentice
Chapter 6

“Wake up Cheetahfur!” spat Rainpaw. Her claw gripped his fur. “What in Starclan’s name do you want.” growled Cheetahfur blinking sleep out of his eyes. “Spiritwhisker wants me to become a warrior.” she yowled, her light blue eyes filled with excitement.
Cheetahfur pawed at his eyes. “What do you mean wants you to become a warrior.” he yawned. “Well, dah he wants to become a warrior because of my brother and my friend Sierranose.” she growled. “Now come on get your lazy butt up.”
Cheetahfur got to his four paws, his eyes still blinking with sleep. “What do you want me up for.” he growled arching his back. “Today is the last day I will be an apprentice Cheetahfur.” she whined as if he already knew what it was that she wanted.
“What about Spiritwhisker where did he go?” asked Cheetahfur flicking his tail expectantly. “Um he said that he was going to the highstones to get his nine lives then he’ll be back to make me a warrior.” grumbled Rainpaw pawing at the ground. “Yah and how will he do that.” asked Cheetahfur. “He left last night while you were asleep.” she hissed.
“How long ago have you eaten?” asked Rainpaw stomping her paw to wait for an answer. “Not for a day or two.” yawned Cheetahfur jumping out of his nest.
“Well then come on we can go hunting.” growled Rainpaw pushing herself out of the warriors den. “Where is Tallfoot?” asked Cheetahfur blinking the sun out of his eyes. Cheetahfur followed her out to the high rock. “Tallfoot has went with Spiritstar.” purred Rainpaw as she padded past Bramblefur. “Hey Silverstorm come on do you want to miss my last hunt as an apprentice.” she hissed spitefully. The gray tom ran toward his apprentice. “Don’t worry Rainpaw all I have to do is check on my kits.” he purred as he headed toward the nursery, his large gray paws slammed the ground as he made a halt at the entrance.
“Come Rainpaw, Cheetahfur.” he purred as he slipped through the entrance. Cheetahfur felt a growl in his stomach but he ignored it to follow Rainpaw and Silverstorm. Tiny mews and yowls made his ears go flat, the sound of the kits made him erupt with the feeling of home.
Then he recognized the dark gray kit, Lilackit. “Oh hello Cheetahfur, I never thought I would see you again.” purred the kit as it pawed at the ground. “Me neither.” mewed the other kit, Aquakit. He realized that Aquakit looked a lot like his father, except for the pale gray color of his fur. “Hello Lilackit and Aquakit.” purred Silverstorm covering their faces with licks. The gray tom rubbed his muzzle against Rapidwind. Pride filled Silverstorm’s expression. “No wonder he wanted to come here.” meowed Meadowbrook. “Yes well they will be leaving soon.” growled Rapidwind. Cheetahfur saw the older gray she-cat blink, meaning she was tired.
“We will be going now.” spat Rainpaw nudging Cheetahfur. “Come on Silverstorm.” growled Rainpaw tugging at the older warrior’s tail.
“Coming.” purred Silverstorm padding over to Cheetahfur.

Cheetahfur took a couple of steps toward a large brown rabbit. A blur of white rushed past Cheetahfur and gripped the rabbit. “Ha, in your face.” laughed Rainpaw dropping the dead rabbit. “Now that is how a real cat hunts.” she purred praising herself.
Cheetahfur snorted. “Why should I have to tell you, you did good when you already did do good.” he grumbled. “That is what I call bad sportsmanship.” hissed Rainpaw.
“Good job apprentice.” praised Silverstorm. The white apprentice gave an acknowledged nod. “I think you may as well be ready to become a warrior, I guess the quest gave you skills you didn’t even know you had.” purred Rainpaw’s mentor.
“So why is it you have said nothing about your journey yet?” added Silverstorm waiting for an answer. “Today I will become a warrior.” purred Rainpaw.
“What’s a war-ri-or?” asked an unfamiliar cat. A black and brown tom padded out from a bush. “My name is Charlie.” meowed the tom, his tail puffing. “Is that a rogue.” asked Rainpaw arching her back. “What is a rogue?” asked Charlie curling his lips. “I am a stray.” growled the black and brown tom. “A stray? What the heck is that?” growled Silverstorm arching his back and curling his lips to let out a threatening hiss.
“What are you doing here, are you like a lost kittypet or a lost rogue.” spat Cheetahfur clawing at the ground.
What was this a rogue that called itself a stray. Or was it really a stray. “What is a stray first, um Charlie.” asked Cheetahfur claming himself down. “A stray is a dog or cat no one wants and is dangerous usually, but I am not rogue as you say I am.” growled the stray. His voice was raspy and dry. “I do not wish to fight only to see your strength.” snorted the tom unsheathing his hooked claws.
“This will not hurt, at least not that long.” growled Charlie his fur bristling with eagerness. “Yes, I think he may as well be known as a rogue.” snapped Silverstorm unsheathing his claws. The scent of blood made him shiver. Blood rushed to his ears. “I will make it known how you do.” laughed Charlie.
Rainpaw rushed out at Charlie, her claws unsheathed and ready to hook onto the body of Charlie. As she latched onto the fur of Charlie the tom stood still as if to hesitate then he rolled over making the white apprentice to fall with great force onto her side.
Blood rushed out of her old cut. She managed to get up though. Her light blue eyes trembled with fear but a tiger seemed to had escaped from her heart to make her fight as if from Tigerclan.
She clawed at Charlie leaving a scar above his ear. “Hey I’m surprised, your not bad.” laughed Charlie.
Rainpaw purred with amusement. “You’ll have to wait until your dead to see I am much stronger then you.”
Charlie cringed. “You wish.” growled Charlie lounging at her tail. Cheetahfur watched as the larger tom missed her tail. “Your too slow.” hissed Rainpaw doing a crouch. “Defeating me will be too hard for you kit.” spat Charlie baring his teeth.
“I am no kit.” spat Rainpaw clawing the ground as she sped at him from her low crouch. Her eyes looked more determined then ever, yet Cheetahfur felt a missed attack from Rainpaw could lead to her death. The other cat was larger as well as slimmer for the fact he hadn’t eaten in a while.
“I will slay you kit.” growled Charlie jumping away from the white apprentice’s attack.