Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ True faith revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
True faith lost
Chapter 5

Cheetahfur lay silently in the medicine cat’s den. His fur swayed as he felt a gentle breeze against his back. As he rolled his eyes he heard paw steps coming closer to him. Then he caught a glimpse of the gray and white she-cat. “Good morning Cheetahfur did you have a good dose?” she asked her voice was not as cheery as usual so he sulked.
Cheetahfur nodded and got to his feet his injury was not as painful as before. I used yarrow on your back and now you may hunt, but you may not fight.” the medicine cat growled. Cheetahfur nodded then felt his claws scraped across the ground. “I guess I better go and take that pesky kit Lilacpaw out.” he sneered. Meadowbrook shook her head with laughter. He leaped to the ground and shook his head as well.
“You’re always so negative.” snorted Aquapaw pawing his way through the entrance of the den. The pale gray tom looked over his shoulder. “So far there is no sight of that traitor.” he snorted. “You are probably wondering where my sister Lilacpaw is.”
Cheetahfur nodded. “Yah, I guess you could go and say that.” he growled. “Ok she went to go and get some herbs for Meadowbrook, at least I think she did.” laughed Aquapaw silently. “No really she is.”
Cheetahfur paced himself as he padded over to the entrance of the den. “See you later Aquapaw!” he meowed.
As he passed the entrance he felt his bones chill. The air had become more cold. “Leaf-bare is coming.” muttered one of the surrounding warriors. Cheetahfur realized it was Moonbrook. The queen pressed forth toward him. A small kit gripped in her teeth. “They are the only surviving kits of my litter.” she mourned, tears fell down her face.
He looked down at the golden tabby kit and a dark brown tom. It mewed and squealed as she placed it at her feet. “It is alright Moonbrook, they will be fine I can help you with your kits.” Cheetahfur meowed seeing how tired she was. A cloud darkened overhead. He picked up the small helpless kit and ran beside her as they reached the queens den.
“Thank you Cheetahfur, I will always remember this.” she purred taking the kit from him as she entered the den. Rapidwind and Featherwind stood outside of the den, their fur bristling. “Let’s go hunt.” Rapidwind meowed to the other gray warrior.
She nodded chasing after Rapidwind. Cheetahfur felt lost. His only friends were not here or mad at him.
Bramblefur still stood by the entrance of the tunnel leading out of, his hair blew in the wind. Cheetahfur ran over to Bramblefur. “I am sorry about your loss.” he muttered. Bramblefur glared up at him. “It isn’t your fault that four of my kits have died.” he moaned placing his head upon his paws.
Cheetahfur stood still for a moment. Taking a second to feel the wind on his fur. It was the feeling of freedom he had always felt.
“Cheetahfur, your mother once told me this and I think it would be of use to you. As the wind blows it will guide you through life follow your destiny that lounges you forward through your own heart. As the birds fly in the sky. We run by their side doing as we please, but your desires come from the deepest parts of our hearts allowing us to control our lives.” he paused to look up at the sky.
“It does mean we are free but it also means something else that you ought to learn by yourself.”
Cheetahfur nodded. The older warrior had grown up with his mother. The warrior Spottedfern was her name, she too had his golden spotted coat. But he didn’t understand who his father was. Nightpaw the lost Thunderclan apprentice looked like a familiar cat he had seen before in his dreams. Was that a sign that she was his lost brother’s daughter?
He turned to face the wall of dirt guarding the camp from intruders of different clans. “Cheetahfur before you go, I know what you are thinking, you never knew her. Your mother Spottedfern. Well, someone else here doesn’t know their own mother, even her name.” he paused to point his muzzle toward the entrance of the tunnel.
Cheetahfur paced himself to match Bramblefur. “I will stay here to guard the camp.” meowed Bramblefur. Cheetahfur nodded and stumbled out into the cold breeze of the solid ice marsh. Snow fell to the ground, melting on his nose.
“Everything is different in some ways.” he moaned twitching his nose. “I hate leaf-bare.” “
“Doesn’t everyone.” growled Lilacpaw creeping out of the bushes. “I have been waiting for you. Are you afraid to come out because of that old news of a threat Sorrelclaw.” she stiffened. “No, I was injured.” Cheetahfur agued pawing at her head with his front paws.
“Soon the Gathering will come and I just can’t wait.” she laughed. “I don’t think you will be going.” Cheetahfur spat annoyingly. “Nothing you say matters for the leader Spiritstar decides that.” growled Lilacpaw jumping onto him.
“You can’t make the rules for everything.” she insisted. “I am your mentor believe it or not, I can.” he purred in laughter. “Well let’s go hunting already.” growled Lilacpaw pushing her way through a bramble shrub. “Come on now we really can have a contest on who is better.” Cheetahfur halted. “No, you won’t be challenging me, but someone else. Wait here.” He brushed past the tunnel and followed Ruddypelt’s scent.
“He couldn’t have gone too far.” growled Cheetahfur looking off the ground to see Deerheart was in front of him. “What are you up to?” she meowed, her bushy tail seemed to glide through the air. “Well?”
Cheetahfur staggered seeing Deerheart a usually peaceful warrior glaring angrily at him. “Why are you so mad, I didn’t do anything.” he growled back. She stood her ground. “I heard something last Gathering that should allow you to understand. You had no father of this clan he was of another clan, you and your mother have tempted your fates. And worse of it you seem to have crossed over to the dark side as well as Sorrelclaw.” she hissed.
“Even if I am half clan I am loyal as any cat here.” he meowed calming himself down. “I have also heard of another Riverclan cat who had fallen in love with a cat from another clan. Loyalty means nothing to you and means nothing to more, your heart.” she stammered.
“What does that have to do with me?” he questioned her rationally. “Cheetahfur I do not think you are not loyal if you ask but I feel as if you understand what I am saying somehow. Loyalty is the key to a cat’s heart and if that is broken so is the cat’s heart.” she meowed running away from him.
He blinked into the distance as the she-cat ran over the dirt wall. Cheetahfur didn’t understand what she meant with all this loyalty stuff that he had already heard of. What was the key to the cat’s heart she was talking about? As he padded after her, a breeze in the air knocked him down to the ground. “Why is the winds so cold today?”
“Because it is leaf-bare season.” laughed a familiar voice. A white she-cat slid down from the wall to where he stood. “What are you doing?”
“Rainstorm?” he meowed confused. “Yes?” she meowed indemnifying. “Yes, I know that leaf-bare has strong winds but usually not this strong. The cold breezes in this wind makes me feel something I usually don’t feel.” he grumbled.
“Come on we haven’t hunted together for a while.” she laughed. Cheetahfur got his paws. Then shook his head. “No, I have to find Ruddypelt so I can borrow his apprentice.”
Rainstorm’s eye’s turned into slits and her ears pressed against her head. “Oh, I see, then I’ll go.” she meowed. “Wait, Rainstorm, maybe you can help.” he snapped. She stopped but didn’t look back. “That would be great.” she muttered racing ahead. Cheetahfur looked up at the wall which she had jumped over in one bound.
Cheetahfur sat on the ground waiting for her to return. His fur blew silently from the gusts of wind. Then a blurry image came out from the top of the wall. He recognized the white fur and padded over to greet her.