Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ Cheetahfur's old shell ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The shell of Cheetahfur’s soul
Chapter 7

Cheetahfur felt his muscles go numb and his paws began to stagger. “All of us are doomed.” wailed Aquapaw. The small apprentice ran around, his tail flickering with nervousness. “We are all doomed.” he echoed his last wail. Lilacpaw looked at the ground sighing. “He is so mouse-brained sometimes.” she growled.
Rainstorm nudged Cheetahfur. Her eyes were slightly moist. Tears clouded her eyes. “Tallfoot is dead.” moaned Cedarpaw looking at the black cat’s body. “Do you think we will all survive?” asked the ginger tabby she-cat. Cedarpaw pushed past Cheetahfur and Rainstorm. “I’m going back to camp.” she yowled.
“Wait up for me!” growled Lilacpaw rushing after her. “We’re all doomed, Doomed!” yowled Aquapaw running after them. Rainstorm shook her head, trying not to laugh. Cheetahfur still stood there his mouth still gaping open. “Cheetahfur don’t take what they said seriously, everyone dies even me and you will eventually die.” she meowed trying to calm him down.
Cheetahfur looked away from her, his eyes closed as he stepped closer to his murdered friend’s body. “Tallfoot was my friend, my best friend, and my first friend.” he whispered padding through the deep coarse gorse bush. “Cheetahfur, Tallfoot is in the paws of Starclan now, watching over us.” meowed Sandstorm. He gave her a small nod. “I know and so is my mother, Spottedfern.” he blurted out feeling as bad as he did when his mother died on the same day he had become an apprentice. As he grabbed the fur on the back of Tallfoot’s neck all he did was close his eyes. A small image of a friendly black tom was in front of him. It’s scent was identical to Tallfoot’s. Cheetahfur made a confused look. But all the black tom did was smile. “Good-bye Cheetahfur.” he mewed. “Tallfoot?” meowed Cheetahfur confused.
Cheetahfur opened his eyes. He was in the warrior’s den, it had been several hours after the body of Tallfoot had been buried. Rainstorm was curled up next to him to comfort him, but still he felt the same undying bond between him and his friend who had died. Spiritstar had chosen him as the new deputy and excepted so that no one else would be slaughtered like Tallfoot. “Tallfoot was that really you? Are you now watching over all of us in Starclan?” Cheetahfur whispered creeping quietly out of the den.
He sat down onto the cold ground in front of the warriors den. The sudden rush of cold air made him twitch. “ I almost forgot bare-leaf is coming, I have to do my best to prevent this from happening again.” he meowed to himself. A leaf blew in the air above his head. Confused Cheetahfur followed it uncontrollably. His paws hit the ground hard. As he halted before he reached the gorge he felt the leaf land onto his nose then was just about to fall into the gorge to be lost forever.
Unthinking he reached out for it outstretching his neck and muzzle to grip the leaf between his teeth. The ground was only below his back feet and he felt a strong grip upon his waist. “What are you trying to do kill yourself?” growled Rainstorm with a mouthful of fur. She backed up and pushed her feet into the ground. “Come on try and get up you stinking furball.” she hissed.
Cheetahfur shook his head. “I will fall into the gorge.” Rainstorm pulled at his tail. “Come on, let’s go you can’t stay here.” she yowled. Cheetahfur pushed back with his legs and pushed the cliff like edge with his paws carefully. “I can try.” he growled with the leaf still in his mouth. “You can’t fall off the gorge and just give up life just like that.” Rainstorm spat pushing back once more making Cheetahfur to fall back to the ground.
Rainstorm stared down at him. “What is that? A leaf?” He nodded. “Yes it is a leaf, but I think it may be a sign from Starclan as well.” he purred. He looked at her paws they were black like the color of sticky muck near the sunrise place. “Weren’t you out on patrol?” Cheetahfur asked. Rainstorm looked away. “Yes, but I got lost ok.”
He shrugged his shoulders. “That was smart.” he grinned. She gave him a stern look. “Oh, yeah well jumping off the gorge was really mouse-brained.” Cheetahfur got to his paws. “I guess your right but when did you get lost?” he asked. Rainstorm’s fur was bristling. “Where do I start?” she moaned. “Me, Bramblefur, Silentstep, and Sierranose were tracking down an intruder when we saw a small apprentice taking a swim. It was silver so I immediately thought it might have been Aquapaw, but as usually I was not right. Silentstep and Sierranose knew the scent wasn’t Riverclan but Thunderclan and rushed into the water. They followed and caught up to the
Apprentice known as Nightpaw.” she added.
“Nightpaw.” Cheetahfur stammered. “Yes she was in the river. But when I scented fresh Riverclan scent I followed it here. I thought it might’ve been Sorrelclaw or one of the apprentices up to no good meeting with a cat from another clan.
Cheetahfur nodded. He knew a lot about being different for he was half Thunderclan and half Riverclan or at least that is what all the older warriors had told him, but know almost all the warriors he had known were dead. And the bonds of his other friends were strong enough to succeed for though they at first proved as if they were in love did well to prevent it from happening. He felt torn for once he noticed it he didn’t want that for them. Either one will never see one another or their kits would never know their own father was, plus they would be treated like an outcast.
He knew it now, he was over his friend’s death, but he would always remember his old friend for one day they were certain to met again.