Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ Nightpaw moment of truth ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Nightpaw moment of Truth
Chapter 8

Cheetahfur opened his eyes, he had been asleep for a while after he and Rainstorm padded back to camp because they couldn’t find the patrol. “What are you doing still asleep?” growled a familiar voice. “Huh, Lilacpaw is that you?” he yawned. “Well yah it is me?” she mewed. “Now can we go, I want to go hunting near the river early to check out if that Thunderclan apprentice even thinks about coming back.”
“So I guess you heard about last night then, Lilacpaw.” meowed Cheetahfur shaking the reeds from his fur. “Who told you anyway?”
“Aquapaw told me early this morning because he and I couldn’t go back to sleep.” she replied. His tail brushed past her. “So what is going on now, anyway?” he asked the gray apprentice.
“I don’t know. All I know is Silentstep and Sierranose went off hunting.” grumbled the annoyed apprentice, her tail twitched irritatingly. “I bet that there is going to be a battle or something between the two Clans because, Spiritstar is getting real ticked about Thunderclan and all the hunting they have been doing in our territory, especially the river.” she grinned. Cheetahfur nodded. He wanted to battle very badly because he hadn’t fought for a long time. But he felt worse that he had some friends he may face in doing so. It was a good thing that there was a Gathering today. “The scent of terror will be in those Thunderclan cat’s eyes, once Spiritstar tells them he won’t allow any more hunting in our territory.” she mewed loudly. “I just can’t wait.”
“Well you should be able to wait.” sniped Cheetahfur flicking his tail at her. Lilacpaw just shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe I will wait.” she snapped “You really should see me kill my prey, I am getting better, besides I had to learn mostly on my own.”
Cheetahfur’s ears lay flat against his head. “You just never can see me beside you that’s all.” growled Cheetahfur detecting her vile glare. “Yes, you were always with me, weren’t you.” hissed his apprentice running into the thickets.
He felt a press of fur beside him. “She feels as if she will never become a warrior, I now that feeling well, it has nothing to do with you. You are a great mentor, Cheetahfur.” purred Rainstorm. Cheetahfur took a deep breath. “You are right, Rainstorm. I will go and talk to her.” he murmured padding after his apprentice. He pushed after the dark gray she-cat, flicking his tail as he jumped over the dirt wall. His paws pressed against the cold earth until he caught up with the long haired apprentice.
She had stopped in front of a bush many tail-lengths away from the river. “Look, it’s Aquapaw.” she whispered pointing her muzzle near a pale gray tom near a thicket close to the bank of the river. Cheetahfur looked very closely at the smaller tom. He noticed that Aquapaw was watching the river very closely. His long pale gray tail flicked with interest.
Cheetahfur looked over the thicket to see a silver tabby she-cat with a slender body and a distinctive spotted pelt. She splashed at the river with her paws then lowered her whole body onto the water. Rapids made her inch deeper into the water. Suddenly he recognized the silver she-cat was Nightpaw the apprentice who had gotten lost. Cheetahfur knew she would soon be stuck in the muck. If she didn’t move soon.
Aquapaw’s ears prickled, as he also saw the silver apprentice go more and more into the river’s dept. The moment Cheetahfur saw her flinch he knew she was getting more and more dragged into the soft ground of the river. Once Aquapaw saw her struggle he dashed out from the thicket and dived into the river.
His muzzle gripped the back of Nightpaw’s neck. She was knocked unconscious from the river’s rapids. As the pale gray apprentice got to land he set Nightpaw onto the ground. Then scuffled to his paws and padded over to her. He started to lick her fur lightly. Her eyes began to open, and she looked up to see Aquapaw in front of her.
“What do you want?” hissed Nightpaw her fur bristling as she got up seeing her rescuer was a cat with a rival scent. Cheetahfur and Lilacpaw ran out to join their clan mate. “He just happened to save your life!” hissed Lilacpaw unsheathing her claws.
Nightpaw stopped giving a vile stare and blinked at Aquapaw. “Well, he did, did he.” mewed the she-cat gratefully. Her eyes were unreadable then she realized she was in enemy territory. “I better get going. By the way what is your names?” she asked in a hurry.
“I’m Cheetahfur, and they are Lilacpaw and Aquapaw.” meowed Cheetahfur pointing his tail at each of the apprentices. “Oh, well catch you later, Aquapaw, and Lilacpaw.” she laughed padding past Cheetahfur and passing the river. “Maybe, I’ll see you tonight!” her voice echoed in the distance. Cheetahfur did a slight nod. “Why didn’t you chase her off our territory!” yowled Cheetahfur giving a hostile glare to Aquapaw.
He shrugged his shoulders. “I just wanted to make sure she learned her lesson that’s all.” growled Aquapaw walking over toward a bunch of bushes. “What is it that I smell?” asked Lilacpaw trying to prevent the other cats from still talking about the apprentice.
“I still bet that I will go, I have been working hard to help the clan.” purred the smaller cat, praising herself. Though Cheetahfur felt a speck of pride he noticed that Aquapaw didn’t really care. He just stared down at his paws. The golden tabby tom felt his heart beat faster. “Aquapaw are you ok?” he meowed in confusion. All Lilacpaw did was snort.