Fan Fiction ❯ Windows To The Soul ❯ Jealous ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: Jealous

 "Is she alright?" Ororo asked as Scott walked back into the lounge.

 "Yeah, Kurt's taking her to get her contact lenses." 

"Well I don't like her." 

Everyone turned to look at Kitty who had her arms crossed staring angrily through the doorway. 

"Why not?  She seems alright to me." Said Evan 

"I just don't!" she snapped back, getting up from her chair and walking through the door. 

"What's up with her?" 

Everyone shrugged in response.

------ 

Kitty was angry, so instead of phasing through her door, she opened it and slammed it behind her. 

"Ooohhhh." She groaned under her breath, "she acts like so totally innocent but I can so see through that." She flopped down on her bed and sighed. "Now Kurt's being all nice to her, its so unfair."

She turned over to see what time it was when something crunched underneath her.  Sitting up, Kitty reached into her pocket and pulled out the piece of paper she'd written the cinema times on. Smiling, she put it back in her pocket and phased through the door to find Kurt.

 "If he spends this evening with me then Ciara won't be able to hang around him."

-----

 "Oh wow!  I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to look normal!" Ciara exclaimed, staring at her now green eyes in the mirror.

Kurt stood behind her and grinned, "Ja, zat vas kind of my reaction ven the professor gave me zis."

Kurt pressed the button on the side of his watch and his image inducer kicked in giving him a perfectly normal looking appearance.

 "Wow," she said, looking at his reflection in the mirror, "That's how you get to around school right?"

 "Ja, I think people vould get slightly freaked if I vent around looking like zis." He said, turning his image inducer off.

Kurt sighed at his own comment and looked at the floor.  Ciara smiled in sympathy before Professor Xavier came in the room.

 "How are the contact lenses Ciara?"

 "Oh fine thank you.  I'm glad to have them."

 "Good.  Now Kurt, I must ask you, would it be all right if you stayed with Ciara for today?  You two seem to get along.  You could show her around the Institute, introduce her properly to the others?"

 "Oh, sure, no problem Professor."

 "That is, if that's alright with you Ciara?"

She grinned, "Oh yes, definitely.  Thank you again."

Nodding, Professor Xavier turned and left.

 "So, I zuppose I'd better show you arou…."

 "…Kurt.  There you are!" Kitty suddenly ran into the room, "I've like, been looking for you everywh…" She was cut short when she saw Ciara standing next to him. "Oh," was all she could say.

 "Oh hi Kitty." Kurt said cheerfully.

Kitty glared at Ciara before smiling seductively at Kurt.  Walking up to him, Kitty casually wrapped an arm around his waist.

 "Kurt, how would you like to go an see a movie tonight?  You and me," she looked straight into his eyes, "Just the two of us." She whispered.

Kurt stared at her as if she'd spoken another language.

 "Um, errr," he stuttered, "Zorry Kitty, I'd like to, really, but I kinda promised the professor I'd look after Ciara for today."

Ciara smiled a he-doesn't-want-to-go-with-you-so-there smile at Kitty before crossing her arms in silent satisfaction.  Kitty glared at Kurt and pushed him away.

 "Like, fine!"

She stormed out the door leaving a very happy Ciara and a very bewildered Kurt behind.

------

For the rest of the day, Kitty locked herself in her room, and for the last two hours, she'd been staring at her psychology book and hadn't read a line. She had been so looking forward to going out with Kurt tonight, but then Ciara had to turn up and ruin everything.

Ciara.

She scowled at that name.  This was probably the last chance Kitty would have had to show Kurt that she really did like him, and now because she pushed him away, he probably though she hated him even more. Kitty could feel hot tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.  She quickly brushed them away and glanced over at her clock.  6.39pm. It would be time for dinner soon. Walking over to her window, Kitty rested her head in her hands and sighed as she stared at the sinking sun.

------

Kurt sat by his window and looked out at the crescent moon in the new night sky. The Professor has suggested Ciara sorted out her belongings and get settled in to her room before coming down to dinner, so this gave Kurt time to sit in his room and feel guilty. He had really wanted to go to the movies with Kitty, but he couldn't leave Ciara on her own, especially as she had seemed to become so attached to him.  He didn't blame her though.  He was the only own who knew what it was like to hide away.

But now.

He had already had doubts that Kitty had liked him, and the one sign that said she was at least trying to like him, and he'd turned her down.

 'Great', he thought, 'Now she probably hates me even more'.

But then he thought about the way she had acted around him.  It was almost as if she was…jealous? Getting no answers from the night sky and just confusing himself further, Kurt sighed and decided it was time to go and collect Ciara and go down for dinner.

-------

As he and Ciara entered the dining room, everyone was already in deep conversation and stuffing themselves with platefuls of food.  That is, everyone expect Kitty.  Kitty sat on her chair picking at her pasta with her fork, looking intently depressed. As if he didn't feel guilty before, Kurt definitely did now.  He'd hurt her, and he knew it. He sat down in his usual spot and Ciara sat down next to him.  As Ciara sat down, Kitty let out a frustrated sigh and dropped her fork, looking away.  As Kurt looked down at his own plate of food, he suddenly lost his appetite.  Evan noticed he hadn't touched his food, so while taking a bite out of a bread roll asked,

 "Hey Kurt, was up?"

 "I'm not hungry."

At that comment, the entire dining room fell silent and stared at him in shock.

 "Whoa.  Can I get that on tape?" asked Scott when he finally got his voice back.

Kurt rose from his seat, "Excuse me."

With that said, Kurt BAMFed back to his bedroom leaving a very stunned dining room.

-----

Sunday was just the same.  Everywhere Kitty went, she'd find Kurt and Ciara together.  For the first time in her life, she was actually looking forward to her finals on Monday.  At least then she would have something else to worry about than seeing Ciara and Kurt.  But little did she know, that every time Kurt saw her, all he wanted to do was hug her and apologise, but before he'd have time to say a word, Kitty would walk away. When Monday finally came, Kitty was sick and tired of Ciara.  When Scott had asked if she wanted a ride to school, she turned him down when she saw Kurt and Ciara get in the back seat.

 "No thanks, I'll walk." She said, slinging her bag over her shoulder and heading down the driveway on her own.

Kurt fell further and further into his seat as he watched her walk away.  He really needed to talk to her, but didn't want to ignore Ciara, after all, this was her first day at Bayville High, and he was probably the only friend she had at the moment.

 "Do ya know what's wrong with her Kurt?"

 "Probably." He said quietly.

Scott was expecting him to say more, so looked at Ciara when he didn't, who just shrugged in response.

-------

 "Kitty, could I have a word with you?" mKitty nodded and followed her teacher into her office. "Have a seat Kitty." Kitty sat down and held her bag tightly to her chest. "I've just marked your Psychology Paper and I must say I'm a little disappointed with your result." She handed Kitty the exam paper and pointed to her mark.  Kitty cringed, 29%.  "You've always got straight A's in my class, why do think you've got this mark this time?" 

Kitty smiled nervously, "Guess I just, like, didn't revise hard enough."

 The teacher smiled softly at her. "Is there something on your mind?" Kitty's smile faded and she looked at the floor. "Do want to talk about it?"

 'Oh yeah, and like, how am I going to tell you this' Kitty thought, 'I've fallen for a guy covered in blue fur and now this girl who has piercing red eyes is hanging around him and I'm as jealous as hell.  Yeah, like, that would work.'

 "Not really." She eventually answered.

 "Well, if you ever want to talk about anything, you can tell me, don't worry I won't bite."

Kitty smiled slightly, "Thank you Miss."

Kitty got up from her chair and walked through the office door.  She stood outside in the bustling corridor as everyone put their books back in their lockers and head to the canteen for lunch.  As everyone gradually faded out, she walked over to her locker and began sorting out her schoolwork.

 "Yeah, and like, what's with the super long black hair?  What are you a witch or something?"

Kitty turned around to see Ciara stuck in a corner of the room surrounded by three girls taunting her.  One of them started pulling her hair, hard, but Ciara refused to look them in the eye, she just stared at the ground. Kitty shrugged, she wasn't going to go over to help her.  She turned back to her locker, but Ciara suddenly yelped in pain, and Kitty had a change of heart.  She may not like the girl, but she knew what it felt like to be bullied.  Just as she decided to go and help her, another voice ran down the corridor.

 "Hey!  Leave her alone!" 

Kitty turned to see Kurt running down the corridor towards Ciara.

 "Oh look, your boyfriends here." Said one girl.

 "Yeah, I like so saw you staring at him in Geography."

As soon as they said 'boyfriend', Kitty slammed her locker shut and stormed down the corridor to the canteen. Kurt just saw her round the corner, he wanted to follow her, but he had to help Ciara first.

 "I said leave her alone!"  Kurt shouted, grabbing Ciara's arm and leading her away from the three girls

 "OooooOoooo." They chorused, and started making kissing noises towards them.

Kurt sighed and ignored them, heading to the canteen.

------

Kitty sat next Evan in the canteen and picked at her salad.

 "Not you as well." He said, as he noticed she too hadn't eaten anything.

She smiled faintly, not taking her eyes of the salad.

 "What's up?"

She slowly looked up and saw Kurt queuing up for his food.  Ciara was behind him, clinging on to him like her life depended on it.  A few people behind them were the three girls who were bullying her, and they were all giggling at them.

Evan saw who she was looking at laughed. "Oh I get it."

 "Like, just shut up Evan."

Evan looked at her surprised, "But I didn't say anything."

 "Yeah but you were like, going too."

With that, she picked up her tray and went and sat on her own on a different table.

 "Sooorrry." He said to himself.

-----

The rest of the week went the same way.  Every time Kurt caught up to Kitty, Ciara would walk around the corner or something and struck up conversation with him, leaving Kitty to walk off. It was Friday afternoon and school had finished about an hour ago.  As soon as Kurt entered the Institute, he BAMFed up to his room and locked the door.  He liked Ciara, really, but something told him she was deliberately trying to keep him away from Kitty, he didn't know why though.  He was getting so confused.  He liked Kitty a lot more than Ciara, probably because he knew her better anyway, so why was he ignoring her and spending so much time with Ciara?  Then he had an idea.  Ciara can read emotions.  What if he got her to look into his eyes and tell him what he really felt about Kitty?  Emotions can't lie, and if he knew how he really felt instead of getting confused over it, then maybe he could actually get down and do something about making up with Kitty?

 'Well, at least itz a plan.' He told himself.

Sitting down at his desk, he took out tonight's homework and started writing.  If he got all his work done tonight, he'd have longer this weekend to spend time with Kitty, that, if she'd let him.

To Be Continued…