Fan Fiction ❯ Windows To The Soul ❯ Tickets to the Movies ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3:  Tickets to the Movies

 "Do you think he knows?"

 "I don't know, he doesn't seem too.  Maybe we could ask the Professor to look."

 "Hey, have any of you zeen Ciara?"

Scott and Jean turned to see Kurt happily walk through the door. 

"Not lately, but the last I saw she was talking with Logan." Said Jean

 "Logan?" Kurt asked surprised.

 "Yeah, he's still trying to convince her to try out the danger room, but the professor thinks it's still too early." Scott replied.

 "He said that she's got to control her power before going in there."

 "Kay, danke."

Kurt BAMFed away, and when he made sure Kurt wasn't nearby, Scott turned to Jean. 

"That was close."

-------

 "Ciara!  Ciara!"  Kurt searched around the danger room, but there was no sign of Ciara or Logan.

Frowning, Kurt shouted out one last time, before he felt a hand on his shoulder. Spinning around in surprise, he found Kitty standing behind him.

 "Oh Kitty, you frightened me."

 "Listen, Kurt, I…"

 "…hey Kurt.  I heard you calling."

Ciara suddenly walked up to them and stood beside Kurt.  Kurt opened his mouth to talk to Kitty, but she phased herself through the floor and out of sight. He looked at Ciara who just smiled in his direction.  It was then he remembered why he was looking for her in the first place.

 "Ciara, do you zink you can control your power yet?"

 "I don't know.  The professor has been telling me how, but I haven't tried it on anyone yet."

 "Could you try it on me?"

Ciara looked at him in shock, "But, what if it goes wrong, what if the same thing that happened before happens to you?!"

Kurt smiled at her, "Vasn't zee first thing zee proffesor zaid to, and I quote, 'If you aren't confident in your abilities, they von't grow and you von't be able to control zem.'"

 "How-how did you…?"

Kurt grinned, "He says zat to everyone when zey first come here, he said it to me ven I came too." Ciara looked at the floor in thought. "Please?"

Ciara looked up and nodded, "Alright, but why do you want me to do this?" 

Kurt paused, not knowing if he should tell her, "I just, I just vant to know how I feel about somevon." 

She smiled slightly before slowly moved her eyes upwards, but paused before she looked into his eyes. "Are you sure?" 

"Ja." 

She nodded slightly before looking upwards straight into his golden eyes.  Kurt jumped slightly in surprise.  He felt every possible emotion there was all at exactly the same time.  Ciara frowned, trying to keep control over every emotion.

 "Try to think of that person." She managed to say.

Kurt could barely hear her let alone think of anyone.  He felt like he would hyperventilate, everything was happening so fast and all at once, but he tried.  Eventually he managed to think of Kitty, and as soon as he did, Ciara held her head in her hands and her eyes went wide.

 "I can't, can't control…ahhhhh!" she couldn't look away from Kurt's eyes.  Kurt felt faint, his breathe quickened, he was hyperventilating.

 "Ciara…" he managed to choke out, before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed to the floor. 

As soon as the eye contact was broken, Ciara stepped back against the wall breathing heavily, looking down at the unconscious Kurt.

 "Oh no."

-------

Voices.  Faint voices.  He tried to open his eyes, but they were so heavy.  Everything was black.  More voices, clearer this time.  Someone was crying.  Was this heaven?  But angels don't cry.  He tried again to open his eyes, but still nothing.  Another voice, an angry voice.  Someone was shouting.  The crying stopped; instead it was replaced by more shouting.  A calm voice, calming the storm, the shouting stopped.  More crying.

 "Wake up Kurt, please wake up."

Kitty!  He recognised that voice.  More crying.  It was Kitty who was crying.  He didn't want to make her cry.  He tried again, opening his eyes.  A white light engulfed the blackness, a figure, a blurry figure in his view.  He could feel something on his cheek, Kitty's hand.  He moaned slightly as he gradually woke up.  The blurry figure smiled,

 "He's coming round, he's waking up!"

Kurt opened his eyes completely and looked at a very happy Kitty.  Suddenly, as if something else was controlling him, Kurt grabbed Kitty around the waist and pressed his lips against hers.  Kitty was too stunned to even move, just stared at him in shock, as did everyone else in the room.  Suddenly, as if the being controlling him disappeared, Kurt's eyes flew open, realised what he was doing, and quickly hid his head under the sheets in embarrassment.

Kitty fell back into her chair, blushing like hell, with a small grin planted on her face.

 "Okay, can I just fall unconscious again?" Said a muffled voice from under the bed covers.

Everyone laughed softly as Kurt peered at them from under the sheets, a blush even evident on his blue cheeks.

 "Alright everyone," said the professor, "Now that Kurt's woken up, you'd better give him privacy.  And Ciara, you have a lot of explaining to do."  He said, as he went through the door with Ciara beside him, followed by Evan, Jean, Ororo and Scott.

 "Glad your alright Elf." Said Logan, as he too left the room.

Scott didn't notice that Kitty was still in the room when he shut the door behind him.  Kitty eventually got up off her chair and saw the door was closed, but that was no problem, she'd just phase through it.  She glanced back over her shoulder at Kurt, smiling awkwardly, before walking……straight into the door.  Kitty giggled nervously in embarrassment before eventually phasing through it.

When she left, Kurt climbed out from under the bed covers and held his head in his hands. "Vat vas zat?"  he asked himself.  When he'd woken up and saw Kitty, he had never felt so completely in love with her than at that moment, and just automatically kissed her.  But he knew now, he knew he really did love her, Ciara had shown him, even if it did nearly cost him his life.  Now he knew how he felt, he had to know how Kitty felt.

 "Von of zhree (one of three) zings could happen." He said to himself, "Von, she could hate me for zee rest of my life and never talk to me again, two, she could laugh at me and tell everyvon vat happened so everyvon else could laugh at me, or zhree, she too could fall completely in love vith me and ve could live happily ever after."  Kurt laughed at his last option, "Ja, right.  But how to find out?"

He got up from his bed and quickly held on to his desk to steady himself, as he was still a little shaky from whatever Ciara did to him.  He sat down at his desk and stared at his computer.  It was then he got an idea.  What better why to say sorry and I love you by doing what Kitty was trying to do in the first place. 

Lets go to the movies! 

Kurt excitedly leaped up from his chair, but immediately regretted it as his head spun.  He quickly sat back down on his bed, "Maybe later." 

------

A while later, Kitty sat under a large Oak tree in the Institutes grounds and sighed happily.  She had been shouting at Ciara for hurting him, but whatever she did to him, it told her that he really did love her.  But then she had second thoughts.  What if Ciara had changed his emotions to feel that way, maybe it wasn't how Kurt felt after all, maybe it was just Ciara messing everything up, again. Still, it was a nice thought, but she had to know.  She would find Ciara and ask her if her intentions were good, and if they were, if she could look into her eyes and find out what she really felt too. Just as she got up to find her, Ciara automatically walked up behind her.

 "Kitty.  I just want to apologise." 

"What?  For hurting Kurt?" she said angrily. 

"No.  Well yes, but that wasn't what I meant, I want to apologise for keeping you and Kurt and apart."

Kitty frowned at her.

 "I guess I just felt jealous.  Kurt knew what it was like to hide away, and I suppose I just thought that if I stayed with him, he'd like me as much as he liked you.  But after that, incident, I could feel what he really felt for you."  She stopped and looked at the ground.

 "What?" she asked

She looked back up at her shoulders, "He loves you.  I know I have the power to change emotions, but I can also simply feel them at their strongest.  The only emotion Kurt has for you is love, nothing else, he doesn't hate you like you thought."

Kitty frowned at her again, "How did you like, know that I thought he hated me?"

Ciara gulped, "Umm, I, I guess it was just pretty obvious."

Kitty accepted this and they both fell into silence.  So, Kurt loved her, it was true.  She felt a small smile play on her lips and she blushed.  She bit her bottom lip and looked up at Ciara.

 "Thanks."

With that, she started walking back to the Institute, leaving a smiling Ciara, with a slight sparkle in her red eyes.

------

Kitty walked, almost skipped, through the front doors.  Rouge and Ororo were standing talking when Kitty walked past them.  They watched her as she made her way happily up the staircase, humming to herself.

 Ororo turned to Rouge, "Don't be surprised if she's in a happy mood tonight."

 "Its about time, she was makin' me depressed."  Rouge answered.

------

Kitty phased through her door and stepped on something as she came in.  Bending down, she picked up an envelope with the word 'Kitty' on the front.  Curious, she went over to her bed and sat down.  Opening the envelope, three pieces of paper fell out.  On was a short letter, the other two were tickets to the movies.  She smiled, she knew who this was from even before she read the note.  Unfolding the letter, she read the handwritten words,

Kitty. 

I'm so sorry for everything that's happened. I know I've been ignoring you and that you were angry, and that kiss has probably finished you off.  But I don't want to give up on you.  If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, then take these two tickets and meet me by the front gates tonight at 9.00.  I really do like you Kitty, a lot more than I would have admitted until now. I hope you can still like me, because I can't stand us not talking.

Kurt -xxxXXXxxx-

Kitty smiled.  Of course she was going, of course she could forgive him.  She took the two tickets and placed them in her pocket.  Looking over at her clock, the time was almost 7.00pm.  Time for dinner.  Now she knew the truth, her appetite had come back with a vengeance and she just realised how hungry she was.  She wasn't worry about Ciara now.  In fact, it's thanks to Ciara that she knows how Kurt feels about her anyway. She phased through the floor and dropped down into the Lounge.  From there she made her way into the dining room.  For once, she was the first one there.  She immediately started serving herself food while one by one everyone else came through the door and started eating.  She was waiting for Kurt to come down, but when Ciara came through the door without him, she wondered what was going on.

She turned to Scott sitting next to her and asked, "Where's Kurt?" 

Scott smiled that knowing smile, "Oh he's still in his room.  He says he doesn't want to come down because he thinks we're all going to make fun of him." 

Evan grinned, "Yeah man of course we are, this is gonna keep me going for weeks!" he laughed, along with a few others. 

Kitty blushed; she knew exactly what they were talking about.

"Don't worry about him though, he's coming down later when we've all disappeared." Scott chuckled. 

Kitty ate her dinner as quickly as possible and went back up to her room.  She had just over an hour to get ready.  After the mess of this week, she wanted this night to be as close as perfect as she could possibly get. 

------

Kurt walked around his room in circles.  What was he thinking?   What if she doesn't turn up?  He's going to look like a complete idiot!  He looked at his watch.  8.15.  Everyone must have left the dining room by now.  He was starving, and being nervous didn't help.  He BAMFed just outside the dining room and peered in.  Everyone had gone, and so had the food.  Not that it mattered.  He walked over to the fridge and pilled up with microwave meals.  He had already gotten ready to meet Kitty at 9.00, so all he had about half an hour to stuff himself before his nerves would really kick in and he'd be a shaking wreck.

----- 

Kurt looked again at his watch.  It was 9.07 and Kitty still hadn't turned up.  Kurt was standing by the gates and he was staring up at the light emitting from Kitty's bedroom.  He felt sick.  If she didn't turn up, he might as well just leave altogether.  Suddenly, Kitty's bedroom light turned off.  Kurt smiled slightly, hopefully that meant she was coming down.  His smile faded when he realised it could simply be she was going somewhere else in the mansion.  Sighing, he leaned against the gate and looked at the ground. A few moments later, a pair of small feet stood in his view.  Looking up, he saw Kitty smiling at him.  Without a word, she handed one of the tickets to him and held out her hand for him to take.

Kurt looked at her for a moment, checking if she was really being sincere.  Her smile told him she was, so he took her hand, and they BAMFed away. 

To Be Continued…