Fan Fiction ❯ Windows To The Soul ❯ Merger ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4:  Merger

 "Right, will the electricity be out?"

 "Yes yes, now go, go on, quickly, or they're gonna come out of the cinema before you get there." 

Scott's red sports car sped off out of the gates and into town, a male in the passenger seat, and a female in the drivers seat.

-----

 "Like, what was with that guy!?" Kitty laughed, arm in arm with Kurt.

 "Yeah, and I thought I had problems." Laughed Kurt, as they walked out of the cinema, "Ven I asked the receptionist to pick a movie, I didn't know she was gonna pick somezing as bad as zat."

The two teenagers laughed as they walked down the dimly lit dark streets.  It was nearly 11.30pm, and in his rush to go out with Kitty, Kurt had completely forgotten to tell the Professor that they were, hopefully, going to go out, so they'd be in deep trouble when they got back.  The street was fairly busy with nightlife, so Kurt would have to wait to find a quieter spot before he teleported them back home.  As they walked back, the streets gradually got quieter as they moved more into the countryside.  Kurt stopped and looked around.

 "Vell, no vones around, vanna teleport back?"

Kitty leaned in further to Kurt, holding his hand. "No, I quite like walking back with you, at least for a while, until I get cold." 

Kurt smiled shyly and wrapped his arm around her waist holding her closer.  "I guess I'll have to make sure you don't get cold zen."

Kitty smiled back at him and they continued walked back towards the Institute.  A few minutes later, they passed a black alleyway and a gruff voice came from within its depths.

 "Hey, wadda you kids doing out this late?

Kurt and Kitty stopped and looked into the shadows. "Excuse me?" asked Kitty. 

"Don't you know walking around in the dark is dangerous."

The outline of a face came into view, but no features could be seen.  Kitty and Kurt glanced at each other before the man lunged at Kitty. Kurt quickly grabbed Kitty and ported them a few metres away.

 "Hey, vadda zink you're doing!?" yelled an angry Kurt. However, the man just stood there staring at the stars.  Kurt and Kitty looked at each other again before the man sighed happily.

 "Ahhh, just look at all those pretty stars, so pretty, I love pretty things, so happy, so pretty."

The man continued mumbling as he walked start passed the two teenagers and out the alleyway. Kurt and Kitty stared at each other in bewilderment.  They turned around to see him walk around the corner of the alleyway when someone else quickly ducked out the way around the corner and out of sight.  They looked at each other again and ran out the alleyway to see where this different person had went, but whoever it was had disappeared. Apart from the man mumbling about the stars, the street was empty.

 "Well, that was like, totally weird." 

"Ja, I could've sworn zat vas Ciara."

 "Ciara, what would see be doing out here?"

 "I don't know, it just looked like her."

There was a short silence before Kitty shivered.

 "Hmm, maybe you should port us back to the Institute, it's getting kinda creepy out here."

 "Ja." Kurt agreed, and taking her hand once again, they ported back home.

------- 

Kitty phased herself and Kurt through the front doors to make as little noise as possible, so as not to wake anyone.  They were in big enough trouble as it was; especially when Logan finds out they were out all night. Kurt flipped on the light switch, only to find that no lights came on.  He tried again, still nothing.  Shrugging, he turned back to Kitty.

 "Guess ze electricity's out." 

They stood looking at each other in the moonlight that poured through the high windows.  An un-comfortable silence drifted around them.  Kitty was the first to speak. 

"Why don't you take it off?"

Kurt looked up at her with wide eyes. "T-t,-take vat off!?" he stuttered.

 "Your Holowatch."  Kurt sighed inwardly. "I don't know why you wear it in here, you like, don't have to hide behind it in here."

 "I guess," he replied, "it just makes me feel more comfortable around people, even if zey do know vat I really look like."

Kitty took a step towards him and gently took his hand, removing the Holowatch from his wrist, his true from fizzling into place.  Another silence, this time Kurt spoke first. 

"Listen, Kitty, I'm really sorry for ignoring you zis past week, I haven't meant too, I know zats not an excuse, but I, I just, well, it was like, every time I tried to talk to you, somezing else vould come up, usually Ciara." 

"I know, but you don't have to apologise Kurt, I was just like, too impatient, and I haven't exactly been the bestest of friends anyway." 

They looked at each other again, Kurt's blue skin even harder to see in the moonlight.  Suddenly, the moonlight disappeared, replaced by a blackened cloud.  Now in pitch-blackness, neither could see each other.  Suddenly, a huge clap of thunder rumbled through the mansion.  Kitty jumped in fright and wrapped her arms around Kurt, burying her face in his chest.  As the thunder died down, Kitty suddenly realised who she was clinging too.  Slowly looking up, she was now face to face with Kurt.  Kurt gulped with nervousness, their lips only inches apart.  Kitty bit her bottom lip, her arms still wrapped around him.  For what seemed like hours, though only a few seconds, they simply stared at each other, both wondering if the other will make the move.  Deciding that Kurt was probably still conscious about his appearance, Kitty decided to make the move.  She closed the gap between them and pressed her lips to his.  Kurt's eyes went wide for a moment, and then slowly closed as the kiss deepened.  This wasn't like the kiss before.  Both were in control, both wanted this to happen, only one couldn't believe that a girl actually liked him this way.  Kitty slowly broke the kiss as Kurt kept his eyes closed, not believing that just happened. 

"Well it's about time."

Kurt's eyes flew open just as the lights came on, and standing over the other side off the room stood all the X Men.  Professor Xavier, Logan, Scott, Jean, Evan, Rouge, all with grinning smiles plastered over there faces as they looked at deeply blushing Kurt and Kitty.

 "Oh man, zats embarrassing." Kurt said, quickly avoiding eye contact and looking at the floor, as did Kitty. 

Suddenly, Kurt's Holowatch, which Kitty had dropped when the thunder racked through the mansion, started to lift off the floor.  The two teenagers looked over at Jean who just smiled,

 "Don't look at me, I'm not doing that."

The Holowatch floated over the room and came to rest on the coffee table by the sofas.

 "You really should be more careful with this thing Kurt."

That was Ciara's voice, but Ciara was nowhere to be seen. Kurt and Kitty looked at each other bewildered, but the rest of the X Men seemed to know what was going on. 

"Alright, like, what are you guys up to?"

"I can answer that."

Again, Ciara's voice.  Suddenly, the space next to the Holowatch became distorted, the colours of the rug and the sofa behind it merged together, their colours mixing and inter-twining.  The colours surged upwards, and slowly began to take the shape of a human.  The colours changed to fit the clothes of a human form, and soon the shape and colours turned out to be Ciara.  She stood there looking smugly at Kurt and Kitty who stood staring eye wide.

 "My name is Laura Smart, my X codename is Merger," she paused for a moment, "I'm Professor Xavier's granddaughter."

Suddenly, the black clouds above them disappeared and the front door flew open as Storm floated down to the ground.  Seeing the looks on Kurt and Kitty's faces as they stared at Ciara made her laugh.

 "What did I miss?"

She walked up to the others and stood by Professor X as Ciara, or Laura as she was know known, began to explain.

 "The day I was introduced to you and everyone else, I had already been here for two days.  My power is that I can read emotions, but I can also merge myself into the colours in the background and make myself appear invisible.  I was merged when I walked down the corridor and saw Kitty here walk away from Kurt when you playing on Evan's videogame.  I asked my grandfather what the deal was between you too, and he said that Kitty had always been quite freaked out by Kurt, so I decided to try a little matchmaking and try and make you two like each other."

Kurt and Kitty stood there and tried to take all this information in at once.

 "Sooo, all zee times you hung around me, you vere trying to make Kitty jealous?" Kurt asked.

 "Yes, and I've been merged and following you all the time for the past week, so if you tried to talk to Kitty, I would suddenly show up, oh, and I've been in control of my power since I was 11, I was born with it straight away."  She smiled at them again as they stood they still dumb-founded.

Scott stepped forward and put his arm around Kurt's shoulder, "But, she was trying to make you like each other, you fell in love on your own."

 "Hey, no one said we'd like, fallen in love or anything!" Kitty yelled, embarrassed.

Scott grinned and walked back over to the others, "Yeah right."

 "Wadda ya call that kiss then huh?" said Rouge, her rough nature dormant for the moment as she enjoyed tormenting her reddened friends. 

Kitty opened her mouth to snap back at her, but found out that she couldn't argue back.  She did love Kurt; there was no denying it this time.

Suddenly, Kurt's face fell, "But, vat if you changed zee way we…I…feel?  Vat if I don't love her at all, it's just the vay you made me feel?"

 "Hmhmm, trust me Kurt, all I did was make you realise your own feelings that you had buried inside, all I did was bring them to the surface.  I followed you to the cinema tonight too, that man that attacked Kitty in alleyway, that was Wolverine."

Kurt's mouth dropped as they both looked over at Logan who stood with his arms crossed smiling at them, a rare sight to see.  Suddenly, Kurt's lips twitched and he burst out laughing,

 "So zat vas you zat went all googoo eyes when looking at the stars!?"

Logan's smile disappeared as he looked at Laura, "Yeah, though that wasn't part of the plan." He growled

Laura put her hand behind her head and laughed embarrassingly, "Hehe, yeah, sorry about that. I changed it so he went all sappy and walked away."

The X Men continued talking while Kurt and Kitty stood quietly.  Slowly, without looking her way, Kurt reached for Kitty's hand and held it in his own.  Kitty blushed and looked at the floor, before they slowly walked out the room un-noticed, leaving Laura to face Logan's wrath.

Kurt BAMFed them outside Kitty's bedroom and paused, "Vell, at least ve von't have to vorry about Cia-Laura, hanging around me as much any more."

Kitty smiled again and pressed her lips against his for one last kiss before she went to bed.  Kurt wrapped his arms around Kitty's waist and held her close.  As their lips parted, Kitty smiled and blushed once more before turning and phasing through her bedroom door.  Kurt stood there for a moment and sighed happily.  He continued walking down the corridor to his own bedroom.  Just as he opened his door, he heard a very familiar voice.

 "I better not catch you porting into her room in the middle of the night Kurt."

Kurt spun around to face an empty corridor.

 "Laura!"

The End