Fan Fiction ❯ Winter, Again ❯ Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:
everyone, here is the fourth chapter!! Enjoy!! Please read and review!!



Winter, Again

Cyrene and Tareena took a walk around the carnival. Children were screaming their lungs out in jubilation, their parents and older siblings struggled to keep them from destroying anything, vendors doing their best to attract customers , and the clowns performing colorful tricks for anyone who was watching. Cyrene smiled to Tareena. "There are lots of new attractions, but most of the old ones are still around and working."

Tareena nodded. "Like that fire breather over there." She pointed. "That's been around since our moms and dads were kids!"

Cyrene chuckled, then looked up. She grinned, having spotted her favorite attraction. "Hey Tareena...it's time for our yearly thing..."

Her best friend looked ahead, then groaned. "Awwww!!! Not that !!!!"

"But we promised.... You wouldn't want to break our promise right....?" Cyrene tucked her lip out, and trembled slightly.

"Oh no, I'm not falling for that puppy look!" Tareena closed her eyes and turned her head away.

Cyrene only let her lip tremble. Her best friend peeked through her hand. "No...noooooo.....noooooaaaaalright ."

Cyrene grinned. "Yay!!!!!" She patted the shoulder of Tareena. "I knew you'd pull through." Her best friend only rolled her eyes and sighed.humbug."

"C'mon!!!" Cyrene grabbed her friend's hand and pulled her towards the shooting gallery.


* * *


*BANG! BANG!*

*BANG!*

Cyrene let her gun hand down. She then looked back towards Tareena. "What do you think? Did it improve?" She sweatdropped suddenly as she saw her friend with her eyes closed and hands on her ears. She waved the gun in front of Tareena. "Hey!!"

Her friend's eyes widened as she saw the gleaming metal in front of her eyes. "GYAAAAAHHHH!!!" She quickly moved away backwards.

Cyrene blinked. "Eh?" She walked over to her. "It's only me, Reena."

Tareena blinked slightly, then looked back up at Cyrene. "...Cy?" She sighed, and held her chest. "Don't scare me like that!!"

Cyrene laughed lightly. "We've been doing this for years and you still aren't used to it?"

"I...I just don't like guns! They're so noisy!!!"

"That's why you have these." She took the earmuffs hooked on Tareena's belt and placed it on her head. Tareena only looked away and snorted. "I still don't like them." She sat down on the bench. "Go on, I'm fine now."

Cyrene nodded. "Alright. Don't worry, I'll be done in a few minutes. Then we can go." She walked back to her rented booth, and raised her left hand up, pointing the gun right at the target.

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

Cyrene looked beside her, at the person who just shot. Her eyes brightened up suddenly, and she smiled. "Hiro!" The young man, having heard his name, turned his head to his side. It seemed that he was pleasantly surprised. "Oh hello Cyrene. Fancy seeing you here. I didn't know you liked shooting too."

From the back Tareena groaned in dismay. "Oh NO!!! That means we'll be staying longer than usual...."

Cyrene looked pleadingly at Tareena briefly. Just this once, Reen.

Tareena only rolled her eyes and waved carelessly. Whatever . She looked interestedly at Hiro, and the other person beside him. Oh well, at least there's some compensation.

Cyrene looked back at Hiro, smiling. "Well, I come here every year when the carnival comes."

Hiro grinned. "What do you know, I do too. I wonder why never saw each other here before?"

Cyrene shrugged. "Maybe we just came in different times."

*BANG! BANG!*

Hiro looked over his shoulder. "Hey, don't you even want to greet your sister?"

Cyrene looked past him, and narrowed her eyes. "...oh. You're here," She said in a bored manner.

She was only answered with a *BANG! BANG!*

Cyrene, her mood darkening, crossed her arms. "Hmph."

Hiro stepped in between them, waving one hand lightly. "Hey now, you act more like mortal enemies than siblings."

"Maybe they are."

Cyrene glared slightly at Tareena who was walking up to them. "Now I'm really doubting whether or not I'm your best friend."

Tareena only stuck her tongue out and laughed. Hiro joined in, and soon Cyrene found herself laughing as well. Cyrus only continued to shoot, but if one looked closely, there was a slight smile on his face. Their laughter was broken however, when there came a commotion.

"Out of the way! Out of the way!!"

All five of them turned their heads to see what it was all about, but they soon saw that they needn't look far. Because the commotion was headed straight for them! A middle aged man who looked like a gypsy was running towards them, and he apparently looked very angry.

Cyrus nonchanlantly walked toward Cyrene, and placed a hand on her head. "What did you do this time brat?"

Cyrene shook her head fervently. "I didn't do anything!!"

"Well, you must have done something. He looked like he wanted to kill you."

"But I really didn't do anything!!!!!"

The man only continued to run towards them. All five looked alarmed, and were ready to run out of his way. "The Seventh Heaven!!! The Seventh Heaven must not be allowed here!!!" He suddenly reached into his belt and pulled out a dagger. "Demon!!! You will not cause inbalance in this world!!!" With that, he threw the dagger.

There were screams the moment the dagger was thrown, and before any other reaction, the dagger had struck itself straight into Cyrene's heart. The girl could only widen her eyes both in shock and pain as she was thrown back on the ground.

What's this.....? Why....? It hurts....it hurts...... Her body fell on the ground with an impact. All her senses seemed to fail her. Her sight was getting blurry, she could only hear the distant sounds of her friends and brother, her lips could barely move, and all feeling was gone.

What happened...? What did I do....? I feel so tired...... She could hear the sounds of her friends becoming more and more distant, and her vision dissipated, until it had darkened completely.

And the gun she held fell completely to the floor.