Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ Feel About You ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Feel About You

by Devon Masterson

Chapter Three

Andy looked at his watch again then at the guests dancing on the floor. He was getting worried. It was not like her to be this late. She was usually a few minutes late, `fashionably late' as she called it, but two hours late was out of character.

"It's just like Mai to be late to her own birthday party," Joe snorted as he sat beside Andy. He wanted to get his groove on the dance floor, but Andy kept hovering around him asking him if he saw Mai yet whenever he secured a dance partner. Andy was definitely ruining the moment for him. Mai was a big girl and could take care of herself, better than most women and men. She was one of the best fighters in the world, besides with the way Andy ditched her earlier she was probably seeking revenge.

"I'm going to her house," Andy said as he stood up.

"You're playing right into her hands you know," Joe commented. "This is probably a scheme to get you alone. She's probably just fine wearing something skimpy waiting for you to show up…on a second thought maybe you should go over there. You need to handle things between you two."

"It's not like that between us," Andy replied.

"Well when will be like that?" Joe asked. "You two have been playing boyfriend and girlfriend for six years and you still haven't got anything out of it. I know Mai's not holding out on you, so what's the deal?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"You're not a Chiquita banana, are you? Because I gotta know, we'll still be cool just not cool."

"I am not gay, Joe," Andy said annoyed. He shook his head. He couldn't believe that Joe of all people would ask him that. He was the closest thing he had to a best friend. He wondered if anyone else thought the same thing. His behavior toward Mai probably did confuse people, but it was none of their business. Besides how would he explain that Mai is an angel too far from his reach? He was not fit to touch her. She needed someone strong that could be devoted to her. He still wasn't strong enough and he couldn't even get enough courage to face his feelings about her. He was not sure if he loved her or not, but he did respect her and care for her.

"Just checking," Joe answered breathing a sigh relief. He then looked at his friend. "It would okay if you were just as long as you didn't hit on me."

Andy narrowed his eyes. "Shut up, Joe."

"Maybe you should check up one her," Joe commented. He stood to his feet and stretched. "She told me she was about to leave and that two hours ago, besides you look like you need to get laid."

"I give up," he sighed, "I'm going see if she's home."

"I'll hold down the fort here," Joe replied as he watched his friend make his way through the crowd of people.

"Where are you going, Andy?" Terry asked as he put a hand on his younger brother's shoulder.

"I'm going to look for Mai. It's not her to be late."

"I'll come with you," he replied. "I'm not much for parties and it's not right without the birthday girl."

Andy nodded grateful for the company. If Joe was right, having Terry there would chase the temptation to rip off whatever provocative raiment she might be wearing. There had been too many times that she tried his sense of control. He longed for the day when he was good enough to make the brunette angel his. "Thanks, Terry."

"You're really worried about her aren't you?" Terry asked as they left the club.

Andy nodded. "It's not like her to be this late," he answered.

"I hope nothing happened to her," Terry said lowly. The worst thing that could ever happen to him is passing his luck with women on to his baby brother. Andy already had it bad enough just trying to sort out his feelings. He did not need the added drama; Mai came with enough as it is.

"I'm sure she's fine," Andy said quickly. "I'm just being paranoid." He unlocked the door.

Terry looked at Andy with intense eyes. He hoped to God that nothing happened to Mai. "Sometimes being a little paranoid is good," he remarked as he got into the car.

"I hope that's all this feeling is," he thought as he started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot.

Twenty minutes later, Andy pulled into Mai's driveway. "The lights are out and her car's gone," Terry observed. "That's a good sign."

"She must have passed us on the road," Andy commented.

"Is there another way she could have gone?"

"She wouldn't have taken the Little Tokiyama Bridge," he answered. "She hates driving out there at night, too many maniacs at night."

"Then we should go back and see if she's there," Terry suggested.

"I want to check my apartment first," he said. He just wanted to cover all of his bases just in case she was trying to trap into some sort of situation.

Terry snickered to himself. Mai was something else.

================

"What happened?" the doctor asked as she pulled out her pin light. She opened her patient's eye and shined it.

"She fell into the river by the Little Tokiyama Bridge," the young man answered. "Some drunk person practically ran her off the road and she lost control."

"Do you know if she suffered any head trauma?" she asked as she carefully gingerly examined the woman on her table.

"There was debris falling into the water. I almost got hit with some of it when I pulled her out."

The doctor nodded. "I need a MRI and a CAT scan," she said to the nurse in working beside her. The nurse nodded and started to wheel the young woman down the hall.

"Doctor is she going to be okay?" he asked.

"Frankly sir, I'm sure yet. She's responsive so that's positive, but you should have called an ambulance instead of bringing her yourself. An accident like you described would require her to be put in a brace in order to prevent further injury."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't do the perfect rational thing, I just wanted her to be okay."

The doctor's eyes softened. "You did well Mr…"

"Stratton," he answered, "and her name is Mai."

"You did well, Mr. Stratton," she finished. "You got her here in a timely fashion and you did not panic. You handled better than most."

"Thank you, doctor," he replied.

"Her tests will take sometime," she commented, "you can wait in the waiting room and we'll notify you of Mai's condition as soon as we know."

Mark nodded and started for the waiting room. Moments later he sank into a chair and put his face in his hands. He had hoped to see her again, but not under these circumstances. He had been in complete and utter shock when he saw realized that it was Mai that he had just pulled out of the water. She was so still and cold when he pulled her out of the water. She was dressed like she was about to go out. She was vision in red leather. "Get over it Mark! She's just been in a car accident. At best you'd get pity from her and besides what are the chances that a woman that good looking is single. There's someone out there missing her and if he isn't he's an ass."

"Mr. Stratton?" a nurse asked.

"Is there something wrong?"

The nurse smiled reassuringly. "She's still being tested. I just need to get some personal information for our records."

"I see," he replied. "I don't know how much help I can be. We've only known each other for a day."

"Just tell us what you know," she suggested.

"Her name is Mai Shiranui and that's all I know."

"So I guess you'll have to be her emergency contact then until we come across family," the nurse commented. "I checked with the police already and she had no ID with her. I thought that it was strange that she had no wallet at all."

"She must have been in hurry or something," he mused. He then looked at the nurse seeing the puzzled look on her face. He knew immediately what she was thinking and frowned. "I will handle all of her expenses."

The nurse flushed slightly. She did not mean to come across insensitive or as though she was not concerned about the patient. She nodded. "We should have results within an hour."

"Thank you," he said as he watched her hurry away. He sat back down; all he had now was time.

© 2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Blue Production

Fatal Fury characters are owned by someone that is definitely not me or you'd be playing or watching this instead of reading it for free somewhere.