Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ Feel About You ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Feel About You

Devon Masterson

Chapter Five

"I'm worried about her," Andy sighed as he buried his face in his hands. "This is not like her."

"I've checked every where," Terry offered. "At least we know that she isn't hurt."

"But that doesn't mean she's safe," he snapped. His eyes widened at his tone. "I'm sorry Terry."

"It's okay," he replied. "If the woman I loved were missing, I would be going out of mind."

Andy shook his head and smirked as he looked at picture of Mai pushed up against him smiling. He was looking annoyed in the picture, but he was really thinking about how he needed to control himself. She always had a way of effecting him. "You know I've never told her how I felt about her."

"Never?" Terry asked. "Her love is very strong then, other women might have left after being with you for years."

Andy glared at him then sighed. Though it was not very tactful, it was very true and Terry always told it like he saw it. It was one of the things that he admired about him. He could say things like that and it came across wise, but when Joe did it, it sounded stupid. "I don't know what to do. She could be anywhere or she could have been kidnapped."

Terry nodded. "I'm going to head out to Southtown and see if anyone around there has heard anything," he replied.

"I'm going with you," Andy said as he stood.

"You should stay here in case she comes back," Terry suggested. "We can't over look the fact that this might be a stunt to get your attention."

"If it is, she did," the silver haired man commented.

"Andy!" Joe called as he opened the door and rushed in.

"What is it, Joe?" Andy asked excitedly. "Did you find her?"

Joe nodded his head. "But you ain't going to like it. She was hanging all over some guy."

"What?" Andy asked. His voice dropped in pitch.

"I was coming from the photo shoot and she was with some guy with black hair. I lost them though and that bitch of a receptionist was no help."

"So this was some sort of stunt," Andy replied balling his fist in anger. He could not believe that she would stoop so low. It was not like her, but then it was not the first time she surprised him.

"Hell if I know," Joe answered. "All I know is that I saw her with some guy. Looked like the model type. He looked like he was going to a club or something Wait a minute…she was wearing sweats."

"Sweats?" Andy asked. "That's strange."

"So what are we going to do?" Joe asked.

"Where is Mai most likely to go?" Terry asked.

"The club," Andy answered. "She's always in a mood to go dancing."

"Then let's go," Terry replied.

***

"All I need is a rhythm divine…lost in the music your heart will be mine. All I need is to look in your eyes, viva la musica say you'll be mine…" the music blared as a salsa rhythm ruled the room. Dancers gyrated to the sexy beat as it seduced them to forget their troubles.

"I love this," Mai said over the loud music as she moved to the beat.

"Good. I knew you could use the distraction," Mark replied as he took her by the hand and spun her around. They had only been at the club for a half-hour and already she seemed in good spirits. Just like he figured she was a party girl. She was truly in her element dancing on the floor.

To top it off, her outfit was phenomenal. It was enough to make his eyes pop out and for him to hire her as fashion editor of his magazine. The ensemble was rather simple but provocative; a long, red skirt with a high splits on the sides that ended at the middle of her hip and a white half shirt. It was the shirt that drew the attention that her long legs did not. It had a small strawberry on the front with the words delicious across the top. Between the shirt, the skirt, and the four-inch, platform open toed slides she was wearing, she had the eye of everyone in the club. They were swooning, however when she started to move to the fast paced song. Mark was the envy of every man in the place.

"Can you feel the rhythm? Can you feel the rhythm? Can you feel the rhythm running, running through…"

"Ooh I love that song," Mai replied as it ended. "I've never heard it before, but I like it. At least I don't think I heard it before," she added with a touch of sadness.

"Hey," Mark said touching her chin. "We came here to have fun. I've got a detective looking for you right now and we should have something by tomorrow then we can notify your family."

"Thank you," she smiled kissing him on the lips lightly. She pulled away slightly, looked at him for a moment then kissed him again more deeply it was quite warm and comforting, but something was not right.

"Mai!" Andy called out.

Hearing the sound of her name she turned around and looked into the deepest blue eyes she had ever seen. The man was quite handsome, but for some reason he looked angry with her. "Do I know you?" she asked.

"What?" Andy asked caught off guard. He walked over to her "Of course you know me. It's me Andy."

"I'm sorry, but I," she began, "I don't remember you."

Andy frowned as he searched her eyes and saw no light of recognition what so ever. He then turned toward Mark and grabbed him by the shirt. "What did you do to her?"

"Get your hands off of me," he replied pushing Andy away. He shot him a look. "She has amnesia."

"How did that happen?" Andy asked.

"She was in a car accident. She lost control of her car and ended up in the water. I fished her out," Mark answered.

"Can you tell me about myself?" Mai asked stepping in between them. The blond man looked ready to kill and he was the only key to her past. "There's so much I want to know."

"I want to know something too," Mark added. "How do you know her?" He wasn't about to let her get her hopes up over some random admirer that might not really know her.

"Mai and I…grew up together," Andy answered quickly. "We're practically family."

"Oh…" Mai replied lowly. She had been hoping that he was a boyfriend or husband. He was extremely handsome and she was attracted to him. There was something about his answer that hurt her deeply and she knew it shouldn't. "Are you sure?"

Andy sighed. Why couldn't he just come out and say how he felt or least tell her how about the status of the their relationship before her accident. "Mai…"

"Andy," Joe called as he and Terry walked up. "Some people…I guess you already found her."

"Mai, are you okay?" Terry asked taking a step forward.

She looked at him carefully. He seemed more concerned about her than Andy. Maybe she was tuning into the wrong signal. "Are you my boyfriend?"

Joe laughed and looked at her as though she were nuts. "I think you've had too many fans to the head, Mai..."

"Joe," Andy warned

"everybody knows you're in love with Andy to the point it's pathetic and I don't know why he won't…"

"Joe, shut up," Andy interrupted. He did not like that look in her eyes.

"What did I do?" Joe asked looking Andy. "Terry, help me out."

"I don't think Mai knows us," Terry observed.

"Of course she does," Joe smirked, "How could she not forget my handsome face and your alright one? And even if she did forget us, she can't forget chasing after Andy for years and still being a virgin. Geez, Andy you suck."
"Mai?" Andy asked ignoring Joe. He was really concerned with that look she had one her face and the fact that she had been backing up until she was pressed against Mark. He was not too appreciative of that. "Are you okay?"

She nodded. "It's just too much right now," she softly.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Andy asked.

"No," she said quickly. "I need time to think. Mark can take me home, I'll be fine."

Andy growled but did not make a move; violence was not going to solve the situation. Thanks to his stupidity and insecurities, he might lose her again. Of course, Joe's oversight did not help either. "Do you know how to get there?"

"I'm going to take her to her room at the…" Mark began. He could sense there was a lot more between them than Andy was telling.

"Is there a number where I can reach you if I need to," Mai interrupted. A lady never gives out her location to strangers.

"Five, five, five, eleven, forty," Andy replied.

"Thank you," Mai said then painted a smile on her face. The evening was overwhelming. She could feel strong feelings from Andy but he refused to admit them and she had been chasing him for years trying to get him to admit it. Then there was Mark there was an attraction there, but not they way it was for Andy. "I'll think it over in a nice hot bath," she thought. "I was nice meeting you. Mr…uh."

"Call me Andy."

"Andy," She corrected, "the rest of you. I hope you have...fun."

Andy watched the two of them leave until they were no longer in sight. "You know, Andy," Joe began, "something tells me that you messed up big this time."

"I think you might be right," Andy replied sadly.

© 2003 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Blue Production

Fatal Fury characters are owned by someone that is definitely not me or you'd be playing or watching this instead of reading it for free somewhere.