Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ Feel About You ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Feel About You

Devon Masterson

Chapter Six

 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mark asked as they walked down the hall of Mai's hotel.

Mai looked at him confused for a moment then sighed as his understanding became clear. " I was thinking about what happened."

"Don't worry we won't do anything until their stories check out," he assured her. "But I have admit I think they're telling the truth."

"Not about that," she said desperately as she searched her handbag for her room key. She pulled it out just as they reached her door. "About what that dark haired guy said about me chasing after Andy for years and never getting anywhere. Was that all my life was about seeking his approval and why didn't I give up?"

"Maybe you're stubborn," Mark supplied smiling. When he saw her frown, he lifted her chin and stared into her eyes. "You are a beautiful woman and any man would be honored to have you in their life."

Mai flushed. "You're sweet."

"No, I am truthful," he said kissing her lightly on the lips. Mai wrapped her arms around him when he pulled away.

"Why did you stop?" she asked.

"I'm a nice guy," he answered, "but only so nice. You have unfinished business with Andy and I don't want to use you. You're too good for that."

"Thank you," she said lowly as she watched him leave. She wished he would be bad just a little longer. If Andy did not want her, she might as well move on with her life. What if her memory never came back? She was going to have to make some changes.

***

"Mr. Bogard, Miss Shiranui is on her way up, should I tell her that you away from you office?" the secretary asked through the intercom.

"Let her in right away," he answered quickly. He immediately checked his appearance.

"Yes, sir," the woman replied surprised. Obviously something happened to change his tune about the cheery redhead. She was curious now. "Hello, Miss Shiranui," the secretary greeted as Mai came inside the office.

"Uh, hello," she said nervously. "Is..is Andy Bogard in?"

"Why of course, go right in, honey," the woman answered. Her eyes moved swiftly over the girl appraising the situation. The red head lacked the confidence that she normally had and looked nervous almost like it was the first time. "He must have gotten her in trouble! She managed to trap him somehow."

"Thank you," Mai smiled. She walked towards the door when it opened. "Oh, were you going out?" Andy nodded. "I'll come back later."

"Are you okay, Miss Shiranui?" the secretary asked. The girl was clearly acting out character. She put her head the Mai's forehead while glaring at Andy. True he threw her gay theory about him out of the window, but to get a young woman pregnant when he did not love her was the last straw! "Sit down."

"I'm fine," Mai protested as the older woman clucked her tongue and pushed into the chair. "I'll get you some water. A woman in your condition needs to stay hydrated." She left the room, but not before glaring at Andy. "She's strange."

"Mika is acting odd," he agreed then changed the subject. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Still can't remember anything," she answered then stood. "I'll be going since you are on your way out."

"I thought we could eat lunch together," Andy said quickly. He looked away. His face was burning. He never thought asking her out would be so hard. Normally, he just have to breathe and he whisked off somewhere on a date. Now that he was the aggressor, he wished things would go back to the way things were.

Mai smiled and nearly grabbed his arm. There were plenty of places to go and things to see. She paused in her actions and looked down at her hands then at Andy who wasn't even looking at her."What Joe said was true! I did chase after him. I must have been terrible, he doesn't even want to look at me." Mai took a step back. "I ate already," she answered aloud.

Andy turned his head in surprise. She turned him down? "Can I ask why?" he asked.

"Only if you can answer why you asked?" she answered cryptically. She turned around. "I have some more errands to run and I wanted to stop in and visit. Bye!"

"Good-bye," he replied slowly. He balled in fist in frustration. Why did he have to be so shy? He was an adult and been on his own for years and he still could not communicate with women, especially this one. He was turning out to be a failure.

"Andy?" Mai called before leaving.

"Yes?"

"Was I really that smothering before the accident?"

"Mai…"

Her face fell as his sentence trailed. She could tell he was trying to think of something nice to say. "I see, bye!" She ran out of the office.

Andy was about to take off after when he nearly bowled over Mika carrying a cup of water. "Did Miss Shiranui leave already?" Andy nodded then turned to go back to office

"Why don't you go after her?"

"You were listening, weren't you?" Andy asked noticing that she was no longer giving looks that could kill.

Mika nodded. "What happened to her?"

"She doesn't remember me," he answered walking back to office. "Hold all my calls." He shut the door behind him.

Mika sighed as she sat down at her desk. "He's just stupid," she said lowly before getting back to work.

===

Mai sighed as she kicked a punching bag. Much needed venting was going into the punching bag. She learned a lot about herself today. She was an overbearing monster that crushed the will of gorgeous man for years, she practiced martial artist and all of her family was dead. Andy was the only person that meant something left. He had been her world. Everything she did and person she met seemed to be through him.

Mark offered his company at she was delivered the news by the P.I., but she wanted to be alone. He was so sweet and he was the only friend that had nothing to do with Andy. He was her friend, because she met him and got to know him. Mark was not a ploy to ensnare Andy or to get closer to him. Why did she have to try so hard with Andy? Why didn't he love her? If only she could remember everything.

"I've never see you here before," a man replied.

Mai sucked in her cheeks and kept her back to him. This guy was annoying her already. "I've been away."

The man's eyes slid over her sweat pants and sports bra. "I would have noticed a girl like you working out around here."

Mai turned around prepared to give the man a piece of her mind. "Mai??" Joe asked looking disgusted. "What are you doing here, Andy worked out this morning?"

Brown eyes widened and she turned backed to her work out with even more fervor. "I needed to do more training."

"So you got your memory back, huh?" Joe asked. He smiled. "Good, I was starting to miss the way you tortured Andy." Mai kicked and punched the bag even harder. "I don't know why he won't just give into you though. There are worse things that could happen to him. A woman at my beck and call, that's sweet."

Mai kicked the punching bag off of its chain then turned towards Joe. "Maybe Andy just doesn't want to be with me," she replied angrily as her eyes misted. She pushed past him. She had enough of this.

Joe's eyes widened as he saw the effect of teasing and realized that she still didn't remember their relationship. "Wait!" He grabbed her shoulders and turned her towards him. "Don't listen to an idiot like me. I was only teasing you."

Mai forced a smile when she saw the concern in his eyes about his teasing. "It's okay," she said lowly, "but you're right." She pulled away from him. Joe went to grab her again when Mai grabbed him by the arm and flipped him over. "That was for being a careless jerk," she added trying to add mirth to her voice. She ran off.

"Andy's going to kill me," he thought as he lay on the ground and sighed.

Mai didn't stop running until she reached her room, some twenty minutes later. She placed her key in the lock and shut the door behind her as she breathed hard. Her chest was on fire and all she could do was double over and cry. The situation was deteriorating greatly. She was a monster.

"Mai?" Andy called through the door as he knocked.

"Andy?" she asked straightening herself as much as she could before opening the door.

"Are you okay?" he asked accessing her features. He could clearly tell she had been working out, but there was something else as well.

"Yes, I…come in."

Andy stepped inside and turned around as she closed the door. He was nervous but was making an effort to relax. This was usually the time when she would try to pin him against the wall or would prance around in something skimpy. But she looked clearly unprepared to see him. "You missed one," he said wiping a tear from her face.

Mai smiled. "It's been a long day."

Andy shook his head as concern took over. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she lied pushing pass him. "Would you like something to drink?"

"I'm fine, thank you."

"So what brings you by?" she asked.

"I…I was just wondering what you were doing," he answered truthfully.

"Well I just got home," Mai answered, "and I was thinking of going to bed."

"I guess I better leave then," he said starting for the door.

"Yes, run for your salvation." Mai followed him to let him out when he suddenly turned around and stared at her.

"You were crying about me, weren't you?" he asked. That was only explanation of her behavior. Mika had been right, he made the wrong choice when he did not go after this morning. Now everything was even more complicated. All he wanted was to have her back, even if it meant being like everything once was.

Mai flushed. "No, I…" her sentence trailed as Andy kissed her gently. Out of instinct she wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. This seemed quite familiar and she had to admit there was a lot of warmth behind it.

"Mai," he said lowly as he broke the kiss. His voice was taking a whole other quality to it.

"Andy are you…" he put his finger to her lips and then kissed her again. He knew that this was she wanted.

To be continued….

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2004 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Blue Production

Fatal Fury characters are owned by someone that is definitely not me or you'd be playing or watching this instead of reading it for free somewhere.