Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ Feel About You ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Feel About You
Devon Masterson-Bond
Chapter Seven
 
Mai yawned and stretched. She had the most wonderful dream. She connected with her long lost love and it was beautiful…all night long. A gentle tickling moved up and down her back causing her to turn over and face her reality. Brown eyes widened just before the smile took over. “Andy….it wasn't a dream.” She sighed.
 
He shook his head still feeling the euphoria of early this morning. He had never imagined…he never thought….Well sex was nothing like graphic movies Joe watched and showed his pictures of out magazines. Well not quite. Andy never expected to experience…that! “Good morning, Mai,” he said softly.
 
She was so beautiful in the morning. No make up, no presentation, just the natural Mai in only what God gave her. Andy wanted to kick himself for passing up the opportunity to connect with her so many times. It wasn't until last night that his feelings toward her became perfectly clear. He was in love with her and did not want anybody else by her side but him. He loved ever since that summer he went away on a training trip. She had blossomed so much over the summer. Mai was an angel... still was, and like an angel she was not of this world and out of his reach. He could only hope that last night gave her some inkling of his feelings.
 
“Andy,” Mai sighed sensing his inner turmoil, “are you okay?”
 
“I'm fine.”
 
Mai bit her lip. He regretted last night. She knew it. He felt compromised she could tell. “Andy…why did you stay with me last night?”
 
A look of confusion crossed his face. Why was she asking him that? “Mai, we grew up together and I thought…” Mai closed her eyes. She had a feeling that this was going to be bad. “Please. Please. Please tell me you did it because you loved me and not because you that I wanted to.”
 
“…that's what you needed. I know you were hurt by what Joe said…”
 
Tears began to well up in deep brown eyes as the rest of Andy's words fell on dull her senses. “You thought….last night was what I needed?”
 
Seeing her tears Andy became alarmed. “Mai,” he said pulling her to him. Couldn't she understand what he was saying? Last night he proved his love and that she was the only woman he would ever feel this way about.
 
“No. No. No,” she said pulling away him. She pulled a sheet with her as moved to the far end of the bed. “Please…just leave.”
 
“Mai…”
 
Mai brandished a hair pin that she had been wearing last night. She held in between her fingers dangerously. “Leave,” she said more forcefully.
 
Andy got out of bed and began to dress. What had just happen here? Everything was going well and then it fell apart. Did he say something wrong? There had been a tension between them for years and last night it went away. He had been glad that they could finally be this close, but at what cost? “Mai…”
 
Mai stood to her feet with the sheet wrapped around her and ran to the bathroom. Andy heard the door slam a few seconds later. He thought about knocking on the door, but decided against it. Obviously there was something that he did wrong, he would have to give her time to cool off then try again later. “Bye Mai,” he said lowly.
 
Inside the bathroom, Mai turned on the shower and stepped inside sheets and all. She just felt dirty all of the sudden and exposed. Was the old her so desperate for attention the way he made it her out to be? Maybe Joe was right… but she couldn't remember. Tears streamed down her face as the hot spray washed over her cotton wrapped body. She just wanted everything to go back to the way everyone told her it was. Apparently she had been happy without little cares in the world, now she only felt empty and wasted.
 
Two hours later, Mai shut off the water and stepped out of the shower. She was cried out and freezing now. She dried herself off looked towards the bed, housekeeping had been by while she was in the shower and her bed was made. The sight of that bed made or not produced a wave under desirable feelings. She would not sleep in it again or in the room for that matter. “I don't know that Mai from before and some how I don't think she would have approved either.” She quickly dressed and packed her few familiar belongings and opened the door. She nearly ran to Mark who was just about to knock.
 
“No good bye?” he asked saddened. “I take it your memories came back.” Mai shook her head. She bit her bottom lip when she felt tears stinging in her eyes. “What's this?”
 
“I can't stay here anymore.” She turned away just as the first few tears started to fall. “No,” she sighed when she felt strong arms circling her from behind. “I'm fine and I don't need you to feel sorry for me.”
 
Mark turned her around to face him. “What is that suppose to mean?” His eyes searched hers. “I thought we were friends, at least I liked to believe that we were.”
 
“I don't want you to feel obligated to me just because I don't remember anything and you saved me.” Mai pulled away and pulled her bag high on her shoulder.
 
“I care about you of course I am obligated to take care of you or least to be there when you need to be.” Mark ran his hand through his hair then shook his head. “I probably care about more than I should. Ever since I saw you in front of the bridal shop staring into the window, I…” his sentence trailed. He was getting out line this was not about his feeling this was about hers. “Never mind.”
 
“No, tell me,” Mai persisted.
 
“It's not important,” Mark replied. “What I want to know is what happened to make you want to run away.”
 
“It's not important,” she replied staring into his eyes. She would not waver this time. If he felt that he had to keep to himself then she would so as well. “I just need to get out of here and start my new life.”
 
Mark smiled seeing some of the confidence that she normally had in her eyes. “Mind if I am apart of that new life?”
 
“Since I don't have any other friends, I was hoping that you would be.”
 
“What about Andy and the others?” Mark asked. He frowned when he saw her stiffen. “Did something happen?”
 
Something did happen. But how does one come to terms with the fact that they are in love with someone that does not share their feelings? She didn't even know why she loved Andy in the first place, but there was something in her heart that was telling her that she did and it was right, just not right now. Mai shook her head, “I realized something.”
 
“Are you going to tell me?” he asked.
 
“Not right now,” she answered then looped her arm through his. “Let's go. I want to go through the things in my house. I want to make a fresh start and I think change of location might do me good.” She smiled. “I need to find a job too? Do you think I could be a model?”
 
“Who, you?” Mark teased. “I think there could be possibilities.” He opened the door for her and they continued down the hall. Perhaps a fresh start is what they both needed.
 
 
AN: Okay I know this isn't super long, but hey the well ran dry for a bit. Don't worry Mai and Andy will hook up, but I will be working for it. Also for those who were looking for “How You Remind Me” it got booted from FF.net and I was put on restriction by the administrator. So whoever instigated that little stunt of reporting me as a MST offender (which I was not), let me take the time to say you are a jerk.
 
Devon
 
 
To be continued…
 
© 2005 Devon Masterson
Another Bond Girl Blue Production
Fatal Fury characters are owned by someone that is definitely not me or you'd be playing or watching this instead of reading it for free somewhere.