Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Blood ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moonlit Blood
Chapter 1

I sit up in bed and glance around. It's early in the morning yet I'm not tired. I had stayed up waiting for Riku to get back but I guess I fell asleep. I smile down at the sleeping Riku before going downstairs. Grabbing a bottle of water I down more than half before setting it onto the table. Leaning against it I read the note left by the others. Appearently they've gone out to help the residences because something happened that they weren't sure of. They didn't want to wake or worry us. How nice of them. My hair sways and a small breeze grazes over my skin.

Weird...no windows open.

Pulling the tie from my wrist I bind back my crimson hair. I shrug off the creepy breeze and begin back up the stairs.

When I came here Ienzo told me that they had decided to move to a bigger home. That way everyone could have plenty of space. It's only two stories but it holds four bed and bath along with all the other nessacary rooms. Riku got the room on the back left side of the second story, away from all the other rooms.

Coming up on the door I notice that it's shut.

I know I left it open.

Flinging the door open my eyes lay on a tall man leaning over Riku with his long silver hair blocking the view.

"Riku wake up!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

Vampire or not I lunge at the man. His fist hurdles into my stomach and I drop like a rock. At least I bought Riku time. He holds out his hand, willing his sword.

Instead his scream echoes off the walls. He falls back onto the bed, unconsicous from what I can tell. I glare up at the man before me.

"What did you do to him? Who are you?"

His acid green-blue eyes seem to laugh at me, "I trapped his powers with the help of a specially made collar. But you're a human...the rumor must be true." I growl as I drag myself to my feet. "You've got endurance for a punny human."

Throwing a punch I stagger into where he previously was standing. The vampire slams me into the wall and I can't help but moan in pain. "W-Who are y-you?"

"You don't want to know my name human."

His grip on my wrists tightens as he holds me up against the wall. I hit the ground with a thud while he wipes the spit from his face.

"That's Reno to you."

Riku pulls himself to his knees. "Sephiroth...what do you want with us?"

"I want nothing from you Riku. I want Cloud and you two are going to help me...or I kill the human." Sephiroth wraps his finger around my neck as I stand up. "Now let's go."

I shoot Riku a glare before walking with Sephiroth.

Told him to change me. But does he listen when he should? No!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sephiroth leads us down into the basement of his small house. The silvered hair vampire locks Riku to the wall and turns to me.

"You're no threat to me, I won't chain you up."

Rolling my eyes he leaves us in the pitch black room. With normal eyes, I can't see an inch in front of me.

Riku sighs heavily, "I'm sorry Reno. You just don't know how much."

I swivel around and turn my back to him. "If you really cared you wouldn't have hesitated to change me."

"I've never changed a human. It's not supposed to be done," he blurts out.

As a curious new born kitten is, I hurry to kneel down in front of him. "Why is that?"

"The last case, the human died. Her body over conpussated and didn't take the new cells easily."
Riku reaches out to me but the chains on the bands that connect to the wall hold him back. Sensing the pain coming off of him, I wrap my arms around him. I place ghostly kisses on his neck before resting against him, easily passing back out.