Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Blood ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moonlit Blood
Chapter 2: First Shots

Cracking my eyes open I'm met once more by the darkness. Pulling away from Riku, I stand and stretch. "Good morning Reno." I smile down at Riku before resuming my place on his lap.

"Mornin' yo." Riku sighs and leans his head against mine. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me."

"You're thirsty aren't you?"

Riku moves to lay his head back against the brick wall. "I can go days without blood so don't you dare offer."

Rolling my eyes I stand back up and feel my way toward the door. Just as I wrap my hand around the doorknob, it twists in my grasp. I jump back down a couple of stairs as it swings open.

An icy hand grabs my wrist, "What do you think you're doing human?"

"That's Reno, Vampire." I growl back at him.

Riku jiggles his chains to take Sephiroth's attention away from me. "So why are you granting us with your presence?"

"I decided that the human will stay with me so that you can't change him."

I laugh, "If he was brave enough he would have already done it."

Sephiroth grins down at me, "Come with me Reno and we can discuss things."

I shoot Riku a smile over my shoulder before following after the frightening vampire.

I will get Riku out of there. Even if I have to play buddy-buddy with this guy, I will do it for Riku.

Sephiroth locks the door to the basement and slides the chain, with the key on it, around his neck. It slips under the layers of clothing as my hope slips under the suffocating air of helplessness. The older lunar hair man leads me up the stairs and into a kitchen.

"What would you like to eat?" I merely shrug my response. "Will cereal do?"

I nod and he hands me a bowl of milk and frosted wheat shaped into circles. I take a seat at a small table and begin eating.

"I could turn you Reno."

I choke back my meal at the sudden statement. Looking up from my bowl I catch a glint in his aquamarine orbs.

He's going to try either way...or kill me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~Cloud~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The emergency was a fluke. What's even worse is the fact that Sephiroth is back. I slam my fist into the nearest wall in frustration.

Squall comes up to my side but I shrug his hand off of my shoulder.

This if my fault and there's no mistaking it. Growling I fall onto an awaiting couch. "We need a plan Ienzo and we need it fast. There's no telling what that man is planning. Myde go get Riku and Reno."

The blonde takes off to fetch them while Ienzo goes to get his notebook. Squall slips onto the cushion beside me.

"You need to calm down. Sephiroth hasn't hurt anyone yet so there's no point in worrying about it now."

A breeze of air flushes over us as Myde appears before our eyes. he speaks quickly with panic laced in his voice. "They're not here."

Squall lays his hand on mine. "They probably just went out."

Nonetheless I jump to my feet and rush to their room. Sniffing the scents that linger on the materials I recognize one as Sephiroth.

"We need to find his hideout."

Squall quirks an eyebrow, "Who's hideout?"

"Sephiroth's...he was here. I can still smell him. He must have Riku and Reno."

Myde appears at his side, "I found this note. It says 'two days' and 'beach'."

I shake my head furiously, "No that won't do. By then he'd had killed Reno or Riku and I'm not having one of them die on me. Tomorrow I'll go down to the beach and wait. I'm only taking Ienzo with me so don't dare say another word. I will trade myself in for Riku. From then on you all can proceed to plan but I can help Reno more than any of us. I know what Sephiroth is like."

With the last of my little speech done, I swivel sharply and head back to our room. Flopping myself down on the bed I let a groan slip past my dry lips. The door shuts with a click and Squall lies down beside me. Turning onto my side I proceed to wrap my arms around his waist and pull him close. I bury my face into his short silk brown hair and inhale deep.

Wise beyond his years, Squall gazes up at me with stormy blue eyes. "Cloud...life is about to fall apart as we know it. So please...don't ever worry about me. I can take care of myself. You just worry about getting Reno and Riku back safely alright? Even if I die...again...move on because I love you."

The corners of my eyes itch as tears threaten to leak out. However, I turn my face away and mumble back to him, "I love you too."

"Then promise me Cloud."

Letting our eyes connect I tighten my hold on him, "I promise Squall...I promise."

Sighing deeply the younger vampire melts into me and falls asleep against me. Leaning back into the pillow I stare at the ceiling, as if I could actually sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*Reno*~*~*~*~*~*~

After he said that to me I was left basically alone. Although he had warned that he would know if I tried to leave and that I would not be successful in any attempt made. Sighing I stretch out on the couch. I had slept here and woke up here unharmed. All I had done was fiddle around by building a house of cards.

There's got to be a way to get out of here. I'm sure Cloud has a plan...he's always got one. But then again I'm sure Sephiroth does as well. There's no way we're getting out unscathed.

Fingers wrap around my wrist and yank me up to my feet. Toxic blue-green orbs stare through me, "Ready to go bargain?"

I let a smirk stretch across my face, "Why not, let's get going."

The tall lunar haired vampire leaves me standing in the compact living room while he goes to retrieve Riku from the basement. The old yet sturdy door creaks open and my soft violet orbs connect with lifeless ocean ones. I resist the urge to run over to the one I ache for and instead follow at Sephiroth's side as we leave the house. I don't try to get away...I know Riku wants me too but I can't. I won't leave him to die.

We're led to a crystalline shore line under the moonlight. Two figures stand waiting for us. The shorter of the two I instantly recognize as Ienzo while the other stands out with his blond spikes, Cloud. Butterflies flip my stomach into somersaults and I grip the fabric of my jeans.

I shouldn't feel that way about Cloud...even if these feelings are Axel's then I should honor them to some extent and be true to Riku...even if they're thoughts.

Sephiroth lays a hand on my shoulder and grips the back of Riku's collar, thrusting him in front of us if Cloud or Ienzo decide to launch. "So you've decided to trade yourself over have you?"

Spiky nods slowly, "Only if you're willing to give up Riku in exchange."

"What, you don't want the human?" he says smugly with a glance over at me.

"No, just Riku, you get me and Ienzo will take Riku back."

It hurts to know that they would take Riku over me. Even though I do know he's the leader and I'm just the guy that looks like his dead boyfriend. I wonder if that's all I really am to him at times.

Riku is shoved forward as Cloud walks towards us. Passing by, Cloud shoots Riku an encouraging half-smile. With his attention on Riku as Ienzo's is on them as well, I keep my eyes trained on Sephiroth. There's no way in hell he's going to let Riku walk off uninjured...

My ears ring from the sound of the bullet being propelled from the gun. Not just once. But twice it fires. One metal cylinder bounces off of an invisible shield as it attempts to extend in front of the two in the middle.

Ienzo just wasn't fast enough.