Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Blood ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moonlit Blood
Chapter 3

My once lunar haired lover crumbles to the ground like a broken doll. I turn my stare up at Sephiroth only to see a maniac behind those peaceful angelic features. Footfalls echo behind me as they attempt to help the poor undead man. On the other hand I launch myself at the hunter before me. I manage to knock the pistol out of his grasp and wrap my fingers around his neck. I know I can't kill him in my form but what's to say that I didn't try.

My head flies back as his fist crashes into my jaw. A steel-toed onyx boot plants itself against my chest to pin me against the sand. For an instant the pressure vanishes and I suck in as much air as I can hold. Staggering to my feet I realize what had caused this event.

Cloud.

Said vampire shouts over his shoulder at Ienzo. "Get Riku help!"

Concerning myself with Cloud slugging away at Sephiroth, I hurry over to the two. Cloud continues to try to make contact with his nemesis but the agile man dodges each attempted strike effortlessly. Spotting me behind Cloud I catch a sparkle in his eyes.

Uh-Oh...that can't be good.

Sprouting a single jet-black wing, Sephiroth takes into flight and lands gracefully behind me before I can bat an eye. Rounding his forearm over my neck I submit to his strength and my inability to free myself from his wrath. Cloud freezes in his step and narrows his eyes at Sephiroth, although I could take it as though he were directing that glare at me instead.

I know if I fight any further I'm going to get hurt...Cloud will get hurt...and I don't want that. I've lost Sephiroth's trust for now and I'm sure I won't be getting it back any time soon. We've lost this battle...he came prepared.

"Come now Cloud. You've gotten your part of the deal. I've delivered Riku to Ienzo and he has taken him away. Now come closer so I can take you as my prize."

"What if I don't?"

"Then you may go as a free vampire. But I will be keeping this boy as my trophy. Can you sleep and live with that on your conscience?" Grunting the blond walks closer and Sephiroth snaps a collar around his neck. "There, we can leave now." Sephiroth directs us back to the small house on the deserted corner of town. He casts Cloud down into the basement along with me. "Don't rip him to shreds my dear Cloud." is the final words he says before shutting the thick door and locking it tight.

Cloud slides down the wall and leans against it. I stride over to him carefully, trying my best not to trip over myself in the pitch black darkness. Kneeling down beside the dangerous vampire I sigh. "Sorry about all that but you were awesome, yo." I can feel the heat of his sky blue eyes on me and I stumble over more words, trying to make a coherent sentence. "Why did you trade yourself?"

"So that I could protect you."

"I don't need anyone's protection. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself."

"No you're not. If you are then how come you're in here with me?"

"I've got a plan too. Though it would be easier if I wasn't just a fragile little human."

"Has he offered to turn you at all?" he asks in a soft tone. Standing up I stay quiet and stumble to the other side of the room and stay against the wall opposite to Cloud. "Are you not going to answer me, Reno?"

"That's personal...maybe I'm considering it, what would you care?" I snap back at him. His rough side and gentle side conflicting, driving me crazy. My breath catches in my throat as I press my back against the wall. A piece of paper probably can't be slid between us. "Get away from me Cloud."

"You want to be one of us that bad? To give up life as you had it?" Hot angry breath grazes over my cheek and then my neck. "You don't get it do you? I could kill you in an instant and you wouldn't even know it, either by my power or just by sucking your body dry of blood."

Getting slightly scared that he just might kill me I let words slip out of my mouth that shouldn't have in the first place. "Isn't that what you got Squall for? To be your little blood buddy?"

For the second time today a clenched appendage is shoved at me, this time into my gut. Giving me room I collapse to the ground and cough. My dry lips become wet with the metallic taste of blood. Letting it drip down my chin I wrap my arms around his legs and pull them out from underneath him. Crashing to the ground I move and sit on his stomach before pinning the undead man to the floor.

"Get off of me!"

A scream rises but dies on its way to escape. Every muscle in my body aches and burns as I struggle to regain control over myself. As if I was being compressed together I can't help let small moans of agony slip between my blood covered lips.

"C-Cloud...s-stop..." I manage to utter between gasps and moans.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Regaining control over my emotions I let Reno drop to the cement and lie there. I place two fingers over the pulse on his neck and sigh in relief when his heartbeat comes through. Sitting on the side where Sephiroth can't see us if he crawls his pompous ass down the stairs, I drape Reno across the floor and set his head on my lap.

I shouldn't have been so...mean. I was taught better than that. Even if he can be infuriating at times. Although...it felt good until I let my telekinesis get out of control and let my emotions go haywire. I love Squall but Reno...he's foreign to me. The way he talks, holds himself, and acts allures me much more than the destined companionship I've already obtained. I'll have to keep myself in check and stay focused on making sure Reno stays human, unless Riku changes him, and that Sephiroth doesn't harm a hair on his head.

Glancing down I run the tip of my finger over his blood stained lip. Without thinking I drag my tongue over the substance. A chill runs up and down my spine as the exotic taste lingers on my taste-buds.

But what Squall said still puzzles me. If he does die...he wants me to move on. Does that mean the die of fate is already cast?