Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Blood ❯ Final Chapter ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moonlit Blood
Chapter 7

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

I stare at Cloud in disbelief at his words. "Sephiroth, what did you do to him?"

The silver haired devil grins, "I've simply become his Giver. Cloud submitted himself to me to save you and here you are acting like a suicide bomber."

Unsheathing my sword I hold it at ready. "I'm prepared to kill you slick."

Sephiroth's cruel laughter seems to echo in my ears alone. "You just don't get it. Humans always have been ignorant. Cloud has power over telekinesis, which is an extremely rare power. By taking his blood I've become more powerful than any vampire could have hoped. I'll rule over all once you four are out of the way."

His black wings unfurl from his back and a long katana is brandished from thin air. Refusing to allow my fear show through, I take a deep breath and charge forward. Our swords clang continuously as Cloud stands to the side in a dazed state. My gaze lingers on the blonde longer than it should have.
More than half of my blade is sliced and flies into the sand several feet away. Sephiroth inches forward so that the tip grazes my neck making a thin line of blood. I back up and begin to go knee deep into the water. I spare a single glance over my shoulder to finally see the moon in a full crimson color.

I've distracted him long enough.

"You forgot one key point my dear Sephy." He cringes at the nickname. "Your bond is temporarily snapped!"

Glaring at the moon an enraged scream rips through his throat.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

The darkness shrouding my mind finally parts. Immediately taking in the scene around me I rush forward in an attempt to collide with Sephiroth. He didn't see me coming...he just had another move stocked up.

Vanishing, Sephiroth appears behind Reno and winds an arm around him. With his free hand he grabs a fistful of red hair and jerks Reno's head to the side. A single whimper escapes his lips before Sephiroth ravishly slashes and bites into Reno's veins. "No, Sephiroth stop!"

Silken strands slip through his fingers as Reno falls face first into the water. A bloody smirk rests on Sephiroth's lips as he appears beside me. I ignore the smug look completely as I splash out into the icy ocean. Cradling Reno against my knee I make a slit on my wrist before pressing it to his lips. As the liquid glides down his throat Sephiroth stares, "He won't make it Cloud. You know it won't work."

Despite his words I keep at it for about a minute when I realize that the wound I had made finally had healed. The limp body in my arms continues to grow cold as the moon shines on the now maroon water around us from the slit in his throat.

Fear tugs at the back of my mind, trying to make me stop my actions. Hollow laughter surrounds me and chills my bones.

I bite into my own veins and hold the life essence in my mouth until I press my lips to Reno's, forcing it down his throat. Slowly I feel the skin beginning to heal underneath my finger tips. As I pull away, Reno stands up straight and his body seems to float above the water's surface with the soles of his boots barely touching the water, like the wind.

Fire erupts from Reno's spine. As it burns outward it leaves win shaded wings in its wrath. A baton rests firmly in his hand while electricity sparks from it. Reno's eyes snap open to reveal murky emerald orbs instead of calm amethyst.

I'm thrown underwater when Reno puts his wings back and dives toward Sephiroth. Their weapons clash even as I struggle to get onto land. Sephiroth's sword falls into the sand and Reno presses the end of the baton to his forehead as he floats above the ground. A morbid laughter spews from his mouth while sweat beads on his brow, "I should have suspected that Squall would give his life to you. Reno, do you think Cloud will still love you after all this?"

Sephiroth doesn't understand...that the love I feel for Reno could never be put out by such a feeble attempt.

Reno simply closes his eyes and steps back. Two shimmering transparent figures appear on either side of Sephiroth. On his right stands a lanky man who poises a chakram to his temple while on the left is a brunet aiming a Gunblade at the opposite temple. In unison Axel shouts, "Flurry of flames!" and Squall, "Renzokuken!" A bright light engulfs them as I stand out of range of the blasting zone.

As the moon resumes its regular unearthly glow the mist clears and Reno walks to me. His wings are absent while the baton rests limply in hand. I flash a welcoming smile and in return I get a shock that I didn't expect.

Reno slams his fist into my gut as hard as he possibly could manage. I land on my knees in the sand, "What the hell was that for?"

Reno takes a knee in front of me, "That was for that dumbass decision and your actions." Slender fingers entangle themselves in my hair and I'm yanked forward. I pull back from his inviting lips as I lie on top of him. "And that was for everything else."

I smile down at him and peck his lips, "I love you, Reno."

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Afterward, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo vanished without a trace. Zack stayed with us for a few days before leaving, saying that he had news to spread and that he needed to get back to the other dimension. He told us that Leon had indeed died a week before any of this and that deep down he knew Squall would be leaving as well. Reno still refuses to use his powers unless need be. But things have calmed down and the city's people can finally breath easy.
As for us...Reno and I are traveling while Ienzo and Myde vacation at home. Everything is as it should be....
...peaceful