Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Blood ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moonlit Blood
Chapter 6

I step aside so that this mysterious man can enter our home. Nonetheless a deep sense of protection radiates off of him. He shuts the door behind him and follows us to the living room. Taking a seat next to me he frowns, "So it's coming true. You've lost the dark walker, the telekinetic, the pyro, and the angel."

Ienzo cuts to the chase, "Who are you and why are you here?"

The man's face hardens. "My name is Zack Fair. But, Myde and Ienzo and all others, know me as the only vampire who tried to change a human."

Myde blushes slightly in embarrassment, "Sorry, can I get you anything?"

"No I just with to help an old friend. I helped Cloud when he first came here. I frequent between the two worlds. I came back one day to see Sephiroth harassing him. I knew that it probably wasn't the first time. So I lied and said that I was his Giver. The second I got the chance I brought him to your group."

Interested, a million plus questions pop inside my head. Only one sticks out amongst the rest. "Why didn't it work?"

Zack knows what I'm asking. I know it because his brows furrow before he answers. "Reno we need to talk strategy." comments Ienzo.
"Hmph, that is strategy. I can only do so much as a human."

Zack nods, "He's right Ienzo, and so are you but...I'll tell you anyway. Vampire cells are extreme, more so than a mortal's. In most cases if the human self dies, let's say at age 20, then the vampire self will most likely live for 200 more years. Our vampire self comes into existence when our human self turns 18 and we age until our human dies. In some cases both selves are human and will cross over into our Undead World. Others have the human cross yet survive and some are born both in the same world. I am one of those cases." He takes a deep breath.

"I went to the Living World and met the perfect girl. Aerith was always smarter than the rest. Within a weeks time she knew I was a vampire. That month Aerith fell ill and told me to try. So I did. Because her body was already weak, it over compensated and shut down."

I inhale as much as I can, "So there is still a chance?"

"Possibly. I have an idea." He glances around at us all. "Now that I'm here there is more of a chance to win. Sephiroth and I use to be friends. I know that he has followers now. So the three of us will take care of Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz while you tail Sephiroth."

"What am I supposed to do when I catch him. I don't have powers or a weapon."

"I brought you the one I used to wield. I have a better one now."

Ienzo rest his chin on his hand. "So when are you planning on setting this in motion?"

A smug grin shines on his countenance. "During the only moon phase that can void a Giver's connection to the Receiver."

Ienzo nods in understanding, "We strike during the Blood Moon."

~/~/~/~

Shrugging into Cloud's jacket over my black ensemble, I drag the brush through my long red mane before tieing it back I place. A soft knock comes to the open door. "You're different than everyone in this realm."
"What do you mean Zack?"

The raven haired man sits on the lip of the bed. "You're not one of us but...you still give off the feeling of great power. Are you sure you have not let anyone share blood with you?"

"No...I was brought from the brink of death by Squall."

I don't get to hear Zack's next sentence for Myde appears in the doorway. "Zack, Ienzo has the plans ready to give a final look." Giving both of us a slight nod, Zack disappears back downstairs. Taking two or three quick strides, Myde wraps his arms around my back. "I'm sorry Reno. This shouldn't be happening. But...we'll set thing right and live another day."

"It'll work, it has to." Going back to his bubbly self, Myde hurries back downstairs to join them. I linger for a moment longer before making my own way down the steps.

I've changed. Mentally I'm partly the same but I feel a strong desire to protect Cloud and be with him. They're my feelings, I know that much. I don't have Squall's making themselves known. I am determined to save Cloud from Sephiroth's clutches.

"Is everyone satisfied and ready to go?"

Ienzo slips into his own cloak and begins to the door. "Yes now let us be on our way."

Filing out the door, I keep behind the three distractions as we make our way into the city. The decrepit house comes into view sooner than I thought. They stayed at a slower pace as to not leave me behind. Stopping in the front lawn I glance at these friends before me. Zack has a large sword clamped on the holder positioned on his back. Ienzo holds his hefty latched book on his hip. An elegant blue sitar rests in the hands of Myde as an uncommon fierceness occupies the emotion hidden in his normally calm eyes.

The door opens and Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz exit with weapons on ready. A double blade is occupied by Kadaj, Yazoo holds a unique long-barreled gun, and Loz has an odd type of spiked brass knuckles. Zack glances at me over his shoulder. "The second you see an opening, take it and get into the house."

I don't have time to retort because Zack launches into action, Myde sprouts up water clones, and Ienzo begins his spell. Slinking along the side I catch sight of Sephiroth exiting a side door with Cloud close behind. Veering off I dart after them with my sword sheath slapping me in the leg as I go. Sand crunches under my boots as I corner them by the water.

Sephiroth blocks my view of Cloud as he glares at me. "Leave now human."

"For the last time, it's Reno slick. I'm not leaving either, not without Cloud." My heart hammers in my chest as Sephiroth side steps. Cloud's apathetic expression matches his blank eyes. I take a deep breath. "Cloud come on let's go home. Everyone's waiting."

Cloud's perfect features twist into disgust and slight annoyance, "I'm not going anywhere. Not without my Giver."