Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Tarnished Home ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys! I'm updated now because I won't be able to this weekend. So enjoy! Once again, R&R please!
 
Usual disclaimers here
 
 
Chapter 9: A Tarnished Home
 
Much to Kaiba's disappointment, the entire group had gotten into his limo…of course, if it hadn't been for Jou they would be sitting on the curb right now.
 
“I hope Grandpa is okay…” Yugi said worriedly.
 
“I am sure Ji-chan is fine, Yugi…” Yami soothed the boy. “He knows how to take good care of himself.”
 
“You guys…” All turned to Honda. “I have this really weird feeling…you know…I don't think we're going to see this place again…for a long time anyway…”
 
“Yeah…I had dat feeling too when we were fighting dat bemoth thing.” Jou replied.
 
“All of you are retarded…I can't believe you all are thinking that all of this is real.” Kaiba said.
 
“No you're the retarded one!” Honda shouted. “We almost got killed out there! All of this crap is happening and all you can think about is yourself! No matter what you think all of this sure is REAL to me!”
 
“I agree…Aibou almost died today.” Yami said. “If it were not for Yunalesca…he would not be here with me.”
 
“There's an explanation for everything…obviously the monsters are holograms…someone is just pulling our chain.” Seito glared at Yunie. “And I have a feeling you're the one that's doing it.”
 
“Would you leave her out of this already? It's not her fault.” Marik snapped, causing everyone to look at him.
 
“And you? What makes you think we can even trust you!? The last time we met you wanted to kill us all!” Seito glared at him.
 
“I don't know why I'm here either but if I have to protect this girl then so be it…” Marik replied.
 
The limo then stopped.
 
“Mr. Kaiba, we have a problem…the gate is busted.” Came the driver's voice over a speaker.
 
“What? Move out of the way!” Seito raced out of the limo followed by everyone else. Their eyes grew wide at the sight of the once called Kaiba Mansion…
 
“Oh my..”
 
The gate was burst open, bent in different directions. It looked as thought something had charged right into the gate. The gate barely hung onto its hinges and was open wide to the world. The mansion itself didn't look any better. A part of the roof was smoking black smoke while the other side had barely and roof left. Every window had been broken and the front door was opened much like the gate.
 
Kaiba stood there for a moment, his heart racing. Who could have done this to his home? Where was…?
 
“Mokuba!” He shouted and raced onto the property.
 
“Seito wait!” Jou raced after the frantic kaiba in fear himself, for ever since he and Seito had become a couple, Mokuba had become Jou's little adopted brother…
 
Yugi and the others stood there for a moment, not believing their eyes.
 
“Hundred dollars says the kid's dead.” A smack and a loud `ouch!' was heard near Bakura. Bakura glared at his light as he rubbed his head. “What? He probably is dead!”
 
“We should follow them.” Yunie suggested.
 
“Yeah. Whatever did this might come back or is still in there.” Honda said.
 
That decided, the group raced onto the property and went into the mansion. Kaiba and Jou were no where to be found.
 
“They probably went search for Mokuba as should we.” Yami said.
 
“Let's split up into groups.” Yugi suggested.
 
“I don't know about this…” Marik frowned.
 
“We can find them faster that way and get out of here faster. Anybody finds anything, scream or do something.” Ryou said.
 
“Whatever, come on Ryou.” Bakura dragged his light away in a direction.
 
Honda sighed. “I'd better follow them in case Bakura tries to do something OTHER than look for Mokuba.”
 
“Yugi and I will go together.” Yami told him.
 
“But that leaves…” The three remaining stared at Marik and Yunie. Marik was looking away, fidgeting like crazy while Yunie simply stood there clamly, and awaiting them to speak.
 
“I…should go with them…” Honda said. “I don't think we should leave her with Marik you know?”
 
“She'll be fine Honda. Now go get Bakura and Ryou before you lose them!” Yugi shouted and Honda raced away. Yugi smiled at the remaining two. “Take care you two! We'll call you if we see anything!” With that he dragged Yami away.
 
“Aibou? Why did you…?”
 
“Because I think Yunie can help him!” Yugi said with a smile. “Marik's still mad at himself for what he did…I think she can help him look past that.”
 
“Alright, abiou…if you are sure…” However Yami looked back for a moment, watching Marik and Yunie walk away in a different direction.
 
Marik…if you do anything to her…I have a feeling all of us will be attacking YOU instead of Seymour…
 
 
 
Next time: Seems friends have become bitter enemies.