Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ An Unforgettable Death ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry I haven't updated as usual. It's been a hectic week for me and another one is starting. I'm getting this chapter up tonight then this weekend I'll get the next one up.
 
Disclaimers here
 
And NO flaming please! Things happen for a reason in this story ya know!
 
Chapter 10: An Unforgettable Death
 
Marik walked behind Yunie, making sure everything was alright…sure he promised to himself that he would be a good guardian, but Honda's words stung him greatly…
 
So…they still didn't trust him…well…he didn't expect them to after what he did…
 
“Marik?” He looked up and saw Yunie staring at him. He turned away from those soul searching eyes of hers. “Are you alright? Is something wrong?”
 
He sighed. “Yunalesca—“
 
She frowned cutely. “I told you to call me Yunie.”
 
He nodded. “Yunie…you don't know me…what I've done to everyone.” He bowed his head, the sword in his hand dropped to the floor with a loud clang. “I've done horrible things to them all…I had Jou and Yugi fight each other for my own purposes…used Bakura for my own selfish gains…”
 
“But you stopped your darkness from destroying the world…” He looked up at her with wide eyes. “Yugi sort of told me what happened in Battle City.” She giggled. “he's quite the chatter box…”
 
“Oh…” His eyes saddened. “You must hate me now then…”
 
“No…I don't hate you, I barely know you, Marik. I have no reason to hate you.” She walked over to him and picked up the sword. “This sword was given to you for a reason Marik…if you want to repent for whatever you believe it is that you did, then accept the sword and do a good job as a guardian…as MY guardian.” She smiled. “I don't think you have an evil soul Marik…you're kind…besides, no evil soul would stop Seymour from hypnotizing me…only a guardian would do that.”
 
He stared at the sword for a moment. Could he really do this or was he just kidding himself?
 
“Auntie Rikku told me never to doubt my feelings…look into your heart Marik. There you will find answers.” Yunie told him.
 
Marik stared at her for a moment...at her different colored eyes. They were smiling at him with a strange innocence…he could have sworn he saw a bird in those eyes, smiling at him as well.
 
“Valefor agrees with me…he's the Aeon of light, the first Aeon…and if he believes that you are pure then I believe him as well…” She took Marik's hand and placed it upon the hilt of the sword. “This belongs to you...” She giggled. “Isn't it funny though? You're supposed to be comforting me…not the other way around.”
 
Marik blushed then laughed as well. “Well…I guess I need it more than you…thanks…”
 
“What are friends for?” She replied. “Now come on, we need to find this Mokuba …I hope he's alright…”
 
Marik took the sword and walked forward. “I'm sure he'll be okay. We should be quiet…in case there is something here. Stay behind me.”
 
Yunie smiled and nodded. Silently they walked forward, keeping their eyes opened for anything.
 
Then they heard it…a scream.
 
“This way!” Marik raced in a direction followed by Yunie.
 
“Guys! Over here!” It was Honda who was standing in the opening of a door. He frowned as they came closer. “We've found Mokuba…”
 
“Move out of the way!” Bakura shouted and Honda moved aside. Bakura walked out, pushing a crying Ryou by the shoulders. “Keep him out of there, the last thing we need is the brat to faint!”
 
“He's…isn't he?” Marik asked and Honda nodded and turned to Yunie.
 
“Can you…do to him when you did to Yugi?” He asked her.
 
Yunie stood there for a moment then shook her head sadly. “He's been…gone for far too long…I…I'm sorry…”
 
“Honda!” They turned to find Jou and Kaiba running over.
 
“Guys…” They wasted no time…in fact they almost pushed Honda out of the way in order to get into the room. There…lying on the ground was the battered and bloody body of Mokuba Kaiba/
 
“Mokuba!” Seito to his brother's side. “Wake up, Mokuba!”
 
Jou watched on, tears in his eyes. He wouldn't let them fall…he needed to be strong for Kaiba.
 
“Seito…” Jou walked over, placed a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. “I'm sorry…”
 
“He's not dead dammit!” Kaiba looked over to the group and eyed Yunie. “You! Heal him NOW!”
 
“I…I can't.” She replied meekly. “He…he's gone.”
 
“YOU LIAR!” Kaiba screamed.
 
Very soon Yugi and Yami came to the group and were told of the news, Kaiba was still in denial, shaking his brother to get him to wake up.
 
“You're a complete idiot, Kaiba.” The voice made everyone jump from their sorrow and look around. “Hi guys! Over here!” The people out in the hallway watched as Anzu appeared from the shadows with a smile on her face. “What's up guys?”
 
“Anzu! Mokuba's dead!” Yugi cried with tears in his eyes; his Yami comforted him with strong arms.
 
“Oh…I know that already…” She replied. “The little bugger is quite the fighter you know…well we must be off…got to get those Aeons you know!”
 
It took them a moment to register what she just said.
 
“Anzu…you…?”
 
“Well yeah…” Anzu grinned. “Seymour said you would freak out…now all I have to do is rid you of her…” She pointed to Yunie. “And I'll be summoner!”
 
“You…you…” Seito stood and walked out of the room, hearing everything. His eyes locked onto Anzu's with daggers in them. “you KILL MY BROTHER!?”
 
“Oh I'm sorry Seito, but it needed to happen…he was getting in the way…I wanted to kill Jou to lessen the pain, but he's one of my guardians!”
 
“What shit are you talking about woman!?” Bakura shouted.
 
“Seymour must have planted these…thoughts into her head.” Yami said.
 
“Seymour is such a hottie you know!” Anzu smiled. “He told me that I was the summoner. And that I was the only one who could bring the true fate of the world. ” She frowned at Yunie. “Not some freak with different color eyes…I bet those are contacts anyway.”
 
Kaiba held out his sword. “You…are MINE!”
 
“Wait!” Yunie rushed forward. “Let me deal with her…”
 
“No! She took my brother away, she's MINE!” Seito glared at her.
 
Yunie's gaze hardened. “She wishes to be a summoner…then I must handle this…I promise to deliver a swift punishment…see to your brother.”
 
“Come on Seito.” Jou took Kaiba's arm. “Hey Honda, ya mind helping me?”
 
“Sure.” Honda took Kaiba's other arm and the two moved away.
 
“Yunie…are you sure about this…I mean…you aren't going to hurt her are you?” Yugi asked nervously. “I mean, she's our friend….”
 
Yunie smiled at him. “Don't worry Yugi…I won't hurt her…just…scare her a little…now please move away…I promise to be careful.” She stepped forward, a good few paces in front of Anzu while everyone else moved away.
 
“So…you're going to give up then? Aw man I wanted to kill you.” Anzu pouted. “Oh well…hand over the staff bitch!”
 
Yunie glared at Anzu. “For what you have done is unforgivable. A summoner does NOT under any circumstances, take the life of an innocent person, especially a child.”
 
Anzu yawned. “Yeah, yeah…look just give me the staff and I'll let you go for now. The guys and I have a job to do.”
 
“You wish to be a summoner…very well…Allow me to introduce you to the first Aeon…the bird of light…” Yunie closed her eyes, gripping the staff in both hands. Then, her eyes snapped open and she lunged, the staff held behind her. A strange symbol appeared upon the ground around her and a large shriek was heard. The large bird seemed to appear from the ceiling and land beside Yunie, it's brightly colored wings shining in an unknown light. The creature astounded them all…even Anzu.
 
“THAT is an AEON!?” Bakura shouted.
 
“This is Valefor…the bird of light…” Yunie replied then petted the large bird. The bird seemed to purr then jump into the air, floating above Yunie's head.
 
“He's…beautiful! Oh I want him!” Anzu squealed. “Give him to me! NOW!”
 
“The Aeons choose their summoner…” Yunie told her. “I speak for them and in return, they allow me to use their strength to protect myself and my friends…and Valefor is telling me right now that you have no business being a summoner and you will never be such…for your heart is gone.”
 
“Oh shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!” Anzu pulled out a knife. “If you die…he'll be mine!” With that she threw the dagger.
 
“Yunie!” Yugi shouted but was stopped by Yami.
 
“Look, Aibou.” Yugi gasped at the sight.
 
The dagger had been caught in Valefor's beak…the bird had perched itself in front of Yunie and caught it before it could hit its mark. Valefor growled loudly and spat out the dagger then literary bulldozed Anzu. Anzu screamed as the bird's talons gripped onto her shoulders but quickly fell silent when the bird's growling face was inches from her own.
 
“Wow…” Ryou breathed. “I guess Aeons are…protective of their summoner…”
 
“No shit brat!” Bakura shouted then shrugged. “She'd be dead by now if I was that freaking bird…”
 
“He's waiting for Yunie to tell him what to do, I think…” Yugi said.
 
“Hold Valefor…” Valefor growled at Anzu once more before moving away from her and once again taking its place above Yunie's head.
 
Anzu glared at Yunie. “You may be protected now…but I WILL be summoner you freak!” She got up and raced away.
 
Yunie sighed as Valefor screeched then vanished. Marik caught Yunie before she fell to the ground.
 
“That…was much more tiring…than…a simple…spell.” Yunie breathed out.
 
“You should rest now.” Marik told her and she shook her head.
 
“I need to do something for Mokuba…if I don't...” She sighed. “I don't want to think about it…” She gently pushed Marik away and stood on her own two feet. “It's my duty…to help…”
 
“What can you do, Yunie?” Ryou asked her.
 
She smiled a sad smile. “Send him…that is all I can do…”
 
 
AN: all I can say is I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!! R&R please!
 
Next time: the dead are never gone…