Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Summoner's Dance ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nothing much to say here except enjoy!
 
Disclaimers go here
 
 
Chapter 11: A Summer's Dance
 
 
As he stared upon the lifeless body of his younger sibling, Kaiba almost broke down. He shook the body many times still believing that the young one was sleeping. Mokuba wasn't dead, he wouldn't allow it.
 
“Seito—“ Jou place a hand upon the elder Kaiba's shoulder for comfort. “I…I'm sorry.”
 
Kaiba saw red then. “If I had not of gone to that damn museum…” His eyes fell upon the single person who his hatred now held.
 
Yunie met his angry stare with a stare of her own. Her eyes showed compassion, sympathy and sadness. Kaiba didn't care…everything was her fault…
 
“This is all your fault!” He spat out. “You killed him, you and your stupid family of Gulls!! I hope you burn in hell!”
 
“Kaiba…” She replied calmly. “I'm sorry…that's all I can really say.” Her eyes began to tear up….but she didn't let the tears fall…there was a chore that needed to be done…and it required that she not cry.
 
“Can't you do something!?” Kaiba shouted at her. “Do your hocus pocus that you did on Yugi!”
 
She shook her head. “He's been dead for far too long, Kaiba…” Her eyes fell sad. “I can't bring him back to his world, I'm sorry….but…I can save him from becoming a fiend.”
 
“You mean that…monster we fought a while ago--!?”
 
“Was a person or people that have been slain by fiend.” Yunie replied. “The balls of light are their freed souls.” She sighed. “Already I can feel Mokuba's pain…”
 
“Den how can ya stop it!?” Jou shouted.
 
“I must send him…”
 
“Send him?”
 
“His soul must be sent to the Farplane…there he will be free.”
 
“You're not sending Mokuba anywhere…in fact stay away from him!” Kaiba glared. “Mokuba can fight! He'll come back!”
 
“No he won't Kaiba.” Yunie said. “And even if he did…would you be willing to kill him again? Because the moment he comes back, he will be like a zombie that will in turn try to kill you.”
 
Jou sighed. “I think Yunie should do dis…sending thing…I trust her.”
 
Kaiba's hands clenched by his sides…so…he was really gone…and he wasn't coming back.
 
“…Alright…” Kaiba stared at Yunie. “But don't think I will ever forgive you for this…”
 
Yunie nodded. “Understandable. Do you have a pool?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then pick up your brother and lead us there.”
 
They walked silently as any funeral procession would. Kaiba stood in front of them all, carrying the body of his little brother. Jou stood beside him for support while everyone else followed them; the Yamis comforting their hikaris…
 
They entered an indoor pool area and stepped toward the Olympic-sized pool. The water contained bits of roof but still held clear water.
 
“Place him into the pool…and step back.” Yunie instructed.
 
“Here…” Jou looked at Kaiba. “Let me help…he was my brother too…”
 
Kaiba nodded, too emotional to say a thing. The lovers each took a side of Mokuba and walked waist deep into the pool water. Gently they set Mokuba upon the water and pushed him. He floated toward the middle of the pool then slowly sank into the watery depths. Jou and Kaiba stared at the water for a moment before getting out.
 
Yunie silently took off her shoes then stood in front of the pool with her staff held tightly in both hands, her eyes closed. Slowly, her eyes opened and the staff fell to her side.
 
“What the heck is she doing?” Honda whispered.
 
“I have no damn clue…” Bakura replied while comforting Ryou.
 
The group watched silently as Yunie walked forward toward the clear water of the pool. Time seemed to slow down as she delicately steeped down into the water…but something didn't seem right…
 
“You guys…is it just me…or shouldn't she be sinking?” Honda said.
 
“I think…I think she is walking upon the water…” Ryou said with wide eyes.
 
Sure enough she was walking upon the water, almost as if she were in a light trance. She stopped in the middle of the pool, where Mokuba's body rested below. They heard her sigh and then…Yunie began to dance.
 
All stood in place, not really knowing what to make of the sight before their eyes. The Summoner performed a strange dance to music only she could hear. She spun in circles and the water rose like a pillar underneath her swiveling feet. A small, gentle light arose from the water in a spiral motion…it traveled up into the sky and hovered there for a moment.
 
Kaiba knew the light was his brother…he wouldn't deny it now…Mokuba was gone…and it was eating him in two…he promised his little brother that they would stay together forever….Kaiba hated breaking promises…
 
“MOKUBA!!!”
 
Marik stood there, his eyes on Yunie. Nothing seemed more interesting than the dancing summoner atop a pillar of water. He knew she must be in tears by now…she seemed like a gentle soul. The dance she performed was both beautiful and frightening at the same time…
 
He never wanted to see it again…
 
The pillar of water slowly disappeared, setting Yunie down upon the surface of the water. Yunie calmly walked on the water and out of the pool…the moment her feet touched the tile floor did she fall to her knees in tears.
 
Nobody really knew what to do then…Everyone was busy comforting someone else, or crying themselves…
 
Then, a tanned hand placed itself on Yunie's shoulder. She looked up and met purple eyes. She stared at their owner for a moment before throwing herself into the Egyptian's arms. Marik blushed for a moment then shook it away and gently hugged Yunie as she cried. He felt stares upon him and looked around, noticing the others had their eyes on him…but the stares weren't mean…they were friendly and sympathetic.
 
That was when Marik knew that he had been accepted…and finally…he acknowledged it.
 
Next time: A little one…turned monster…