Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ The 2nd Aeon ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Usual disclaimers here! Enjoy!
 
Chapter 12: The Second Aeon
 
Nothing much was said within the group after the sending of Mokuba Kaiba…Ryou, Yugi, Seito, and Yunie had all fallen asleep from crying. The appointed leaders at that time were the two Yamis who decided it was best for everyone to rest for the night. It never really occurred to the two that they were working together…their only concern was their hikaris and their hikaris' friends.
 
They had silently gone into a room that seemed liveable for the time being. The ones awake set their loves and friends upon the floor to let them sleep for now…Honda and Jou stayed behind while the Yamis went to look for firewood and Marik went to look for warm blankets for everyone.
 
No one spoke to one another…the death of the young Kaiba had hit them all…even Bakura. Seeing his light turn up like that made him want to cuddle the albino until his tears melted away. Things seemed dismal though…the world had obviously accepted the fate Seymour gave it. Fiends were roaming the city, killing anything that moved…they all silently prayed that none came to the mansion for they feared they would be too tired to handle it.
 
Very soon the two Yamis created a fire made out of destroyed furniture and books they found in a library. Yunie and Yugi had woken up when the two had come back…they said not a word though. Yami took Yugi into his lap and the young light sighed glad for the dark one's warmth. Marik came soon after with blankets…one was given to each of them.
 
“Thanks.” Yunie replied after he handed her one.
 
“You're welcome.” Marik took a seat around the fire as everyone awake did. For a moment, no one said anything…
 
“Yami?” Until Yugi spoke up.
 
“I am here Aibou.” Yami pulled Yugi closer to him.
 
“Yami…what are we going to do? Are more people going to die?” Yugi asked while sniffling. “And Anzu…she…will we have to fight her? Hurt her?”
 
“Do not think of it now, Aibou…” Yami soothed.
 
“But…how…how are we supposed to stop all of this? Can we even save Anzu?”
 
“The way I see it, the only way to do that is to defeat Seymour.” Marik said.
 
Jou glared into the fire. “When I get my hands on dat stupid blue haired freak—“
 
“He'll kill you one the spot.” Bakura grunted. “Stupid, even Pharaoh here was shaking in his boots at the sight of that blue haired freak.”
 
“As were you, tomb robber.” Yami replied. “You cannot deny that Seymour is a very powerful individual.”
 
“Yeah, yeah…so how are we going to beat his ass then? You saw what happened when I tried it…the damn bastard nearly broke my ribs.” Bakura said.
 
“The Aeons.” All turned to Yunie who was staring into the fire as well. “If we find all of the Aeons…then we might be able to destroy him.”
 
“And just how LONG is that going to take? How many of those weird creatures are there anyway? And just WHERE are we going to find them?” Bakura barked out angrily.
 
“There are eight total…I already have one…there are seven left.” Yunie replied. Her eyes kept staring into the fire as she talked. “Each Aeon has some sort of elemental power. Light, Fire, Ice, Lightening, Darkness, Earth, Machine, and Power.”
 
“Which Aeon was next in Yuna's journey, Yunie?” Yugi asked, finally getting into the conversation.
 
“Fire…I think…” Yunie replied.
 
“Can you sense them?” Yami asked her.
 
“I…haven't tried that…I mean I can sense Valefore within me…but…I don't know about the others…”
 
“Try…it couldn't hurt.” Yami told her.
 
“…okay…” Yunie closed her eyes and slowed down her breathing.
 
“…'Kura?” Ryou yawned as he awoke and stood. He blinked at everyone…minus Kaiba who was still asleep. Everyone else was watching Yunie. “Bakura....? What's going on?”
 
“Hush brat.” Bakura took his hand and guided him to his lap.
 
“But…what's she doing?”
 
“Listening…” Yunie replied in a whispered voice. Slowly her eyes opened. “And calling…” Then, she began to sing…it was the same strange song that was heard when she first received the staff. The song seemed to cure everyone's breaking hearts…and wake Kaiba.
 
“Would you shut up? People are trying to sleep.” Kaiba groaned though his words seemed nonexistent for the moment.
 
Yugi's eyes widened in wonder as he pointed above them. “You guys…look…”
 
A small ball of light spiraled down and gently landed in the fire. The fire blazed wildly, causing everyone to move away. When the fire died, a familiar face smiled at them through the burning flames.
 
Seto's eyes widened. “Mokuba!”
 
“What…what da hell is going on!?” Jou shouted.
 
“I…don't understand…I…sent him…” Yunie replied.
 
Mokuba crossed his arms and glared. “You think I would leave my big brother like that!?” He smiled at Seto. “Seto..it's my turn to protect you now…”
 
“Mokuba…” Seto breathed. “What are you…?”
 
Mokuba turned to Yunie, a large sweatdrop on his head. “Um…sorry if I mess up…I…kind of had a crash course on this…” He straightened and held a serious look on his face. “Why have you summoned me? Me…the Aeon of fire.”
 
“What…? Can he…can he REALLY do that!?” Honda asked.
 
“You guys gotta be quiet!” Mokuba glared at them then turned back to Yunie. “Give me your reason for wanting my power and I might give it to you, provided the reason is to my liking.”
 
Yunie nodded in understanding and sat on her knees in front of Mokuba. She raised her arms to the sky then circled them, creating an invisible ball in her hands. She bowed her head and closed her eyes.
 
For a moment, nothing happened…then Mokuba smiled warmly.
 
“I see…Then I grant my power to you, Summoner Yunalesca.” He said. “Summon me when you need the powers of fire…call me…Ifrit.” With that said he walked out of the fire and went into Yunie. Yunie gasped and fell forward, breathing hard.
 
Marik went over to her. “Are you alright?”
 
She quickly nodded her head. “Yeah…just a little tired…but not as much as before.” She calmed her breathing and sat still.
 
“What the hell just happened!?” Seto shouted at her. “Answer me now!!!!”
She closed her eyes for a moment then reopened them in shock. “Mokuba…he…”
 
“What? What did he do?” Ryou asked.
 
She smiled. “The moment he stepped into the Fareplane…Mokuba cried…he wanted to go back so badly…to see his big brother. The True spirit of Ifrit saw his suffering and made a deal with him. He would return, but as Ifrit…he would be able to be with his big brother…but he must accept the duties of an Aeon. Mokuba agreed to this and was given the purification ceremony…now…his spirit is no longer what it used to be. Now he is an Aeon.”
 
“Wow…so Mokuba is here? Really?” Yugi asked in excitement.
 
Yunie nodded. “Yes…He is here…” She placed a hand over her heart. “Where all Aeons go…When I summon him though…he will not look himself…He is the beast of Fire now.”
 
“Summon him NOW!” Kaiba shouted.
 
“I can't…he won't let me.” Yunie told Seto. “Kaiba…When he became an Aeon, he understood the rules…his duty is to the health and well being of his Summoner. In return, I am his voice to the outside world. So if you wish to say something to him, tell it to me…and he will hear it.”
 
“Cool! Hi Mokuba!” Yugi shouted happily.
 
Yunie smiled. “He says hi…and is wearing a big grin.”
 
“So what? You like Yugi and Yami?” Jou asked. “With the whole souls sharing a body thing?”
 
“No…Think of me…as a vessel. I do what he and the other Aeons tell me.” She replied. “I don't question their ways because Aeons are all light creatures…”
 
“So…Mokuba's a hikari now?” Ryou asked.
 
“If Hikari means light then yes…he is.” Yunie replied.
 
“Hey! Maybe he knows where the next Aeon is!” Yugi said.
 
“He does…but…he won't tell me…” She sighed. “Your brother has a very…mischievous streak about him…He is though telling me about some sort of tournament…he wants us to go there.”
 
Everyone's interest perked up.
 
“Tournament? You mean a duel monsters tournament?”
 
“Yeah…that's what he calls it…he says he heard about it before…” She shook her head. “It's in Osaka in a few days. He wants us to go there…to have some fun after all the bad things that have happened.”
 
“Aw man and I didn't bring my cards.” Yugi pouted then grinned. “Oh wait!” He dug in his pocket and grinned when he pulled out a deck of cards. “Alright! I can participate!”
 
“So can I.” Yami replied.
 
“Mokuba suggests using Kaiba's cards to make decks for everyone that does not have one.” Yunie replied. “But he's practically forbidding me to participate. Why is that?”
 
“I don't blame him. Crazy stuff happens when we play duel monsters.” Jou said. “I got my soul taken what? Twice?”
 
“I'll go…but I don't think I'm going to participate…” Marik said. “Too many bad memories….”
 
“I think I'm setting out too. You guys are WAY higher in skill than I'll ever be…” Honda laughed nervously.
 
“Then you guys can cheer us on!” Yugi said.
 
“Maybe I'll FINALLY get to beat you!” Kaiba glared at Yami.
 
“I accept Priest.” Yami smirked. “See you at the finals then?”
 
“Count on it.”
 
“Alright then! Osaka here we come!” Yugi shouted with glee.
 
 
Next time: The Osaka Tournament…
 
R&R please!