Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ The 3rd Aeon ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15: The third Aeon
 
“This is the most insane…stupid piece of---Ouch!”
 
“Shut up Bakura!”
 
They stood there out in the lightening storm, waiting for something. The guys were a bit nervous at first, but they knew it was needed in order to receive the next Aeon…the Aeon of lightening. Yunie sat there, on her knees, praying while the guys merely watched.
 
Very soon the sound of hoofs could be heard past the thunder and lightening. The neighing of a horse could be heard from the horizon.
 
“About damn time.” Bakura muttered, granting him a slap by Ryou.
 
A large horse with a long golden horn trotted up to them. The horse's coat was grey and had white streaks, almost as if its ribs were showing through the skin. The horse towered over them.
 
<Summoner…I understand you intensions…> Came a thought. <Your warriors are strong…but of course, a summoner is not a summoner without Aeons to guide her. I lend you my strength…call me Ixion, the horse of lightening.> the horse disappeared, and in it's place was a young girl with pigtails. She smiled widely and went into Yunie.
 
“Can we go now?” Bakura asked.
 
“Yes, we can go now.” Yunie replied, smiling.
 
“Good because it isn't going to help much if one of us gets sick.” Ryou replied.
 
“Not so fast Summoner…” The party turned around to find a man standing in the rain. Only his silhouette could be seen due to the darkness of the storm above. “It is time for your judgment…let's see just how strong you and your Aeons have become.”
 
“Aw hell do we HAVE to do this in the freaking rain!?”
 
“Shut UP BAKURA!” this time everyone yelled it.
 
“Make I ask who is challenging me?” Yunie asked.
 
“Yes…I am called Shadi. Now take my challenge or you will never leave this storm.”
 
Yugi blinked in confusion. “Shadi? But I thought…isn't he…?”
 
“You have no business here spirit. Leave at once.” Yami glared.
 
The silhouette moved foreword and finally they could see him. Even if it was a simple glimpse from the lightening strikes, the once bearer of the millennium ankh stood before him only the ankh was no longer around his neck.
 
“I have come to challenge the summoner. I must weigh her power for if it is not up to what it should be now, then there is nothing that can be done to protect this world.”
 
Yunie nodded. “Very well…”
 
“Yunie, I don't think you should—“
 
“Marik…guys…another job of a guardian is to trust their summoner.” She sighed. “I'm asking you now to trust me…this is just a test. He won't hurt me.”
 
“He better not or he's gonna answer to ma spiked ball…” Jou glared. “We ain't got dis far ta stop now.”
 
Yunie nodded. “I agree…” She turned to Shadi. “I accept your challenge. What are the terms.”
 
“You…against one of the Aeons…controlled by myself.”
 
“Dude can he do that!?” Honda shouted.
 
“The chosen Aeon has already been decided, do you agree?”
 
“Yes. I agree. My Aeons and I will do our best.”
 
“Good…guardians step back now. You will not help her.”
 
The group stared at one another then moved away, creating a half-circle on Yunie's side.
 
“Yunalesca…meet your opponent.” A roar was heard then the ground below opened and the fire Aeon shot out.
 
“Mokuba…? She's going against MOKUBA!? No! I won't allow this!” Seto shouted.
 
“It has already been decided, guardian. Now summoner, choose wisely…”
 
“You can do it Yunie!” Yugi shouted.
 
Yunie nodded and thought hard.
 
“Don't rush yourself Yunie!” Yami shouted. “Think hard! You know his attacks, use that knowledge to your advantage!”
 
“Are you crazy!? She needs to hurry up and blast the bitch so we can get the HELL out of this rain!” Bakura shouted.
 
Yunie closed her eyes and summoned Valefor. The bird shreaked loudly as it hovered over her.
 
“Valefor…Sonic Wings!” She shouted.
 
“She's using its weakest attack? That's stupid!” Honda shouted.
 
“No it's not…” Kaiba replied.
 
“Kaiba is right…she has a strategy.” Yami replied with a smirk. “A very good one at that.”
 
Jou scratched his head. “I don' get it…”
 
“Just watch Jou.” Yugi replied.
 
The Sonic Wing hit Ifrit dead on. The Aeon of Fire grunted. Shadi waved his hand.
 
“Meteor Strike!”
 
“Valefor defend!”
 
“Geez…this sounds too much like a duel.” Honda said.
 
“It is in a way…” Yugi replied.
 
“Aibou is correct. Every battle is very much like a duel. And the best strategy is the one that wins…”
 
They heard a shreak and saw Valefor disappear into balls of light.
 
“It seems you are not strong enough, Summoner…” Shadi said.
 
“I am not done yet…I have one more Aeon.” She held up her staff to the sky. “The Aeon of Lightening!” Her staff began to crackle and spark like lightening itself as a portal appeared behind her. She turned and pointed her staff at the portal…a large lightening bolt shot into it and she pulled like a chain. The beast of lightening jumped into view on it's hoofs and neighed loudly.
 
“Though you have control over an Aeon, sir…” Yunie said. “You do not know their full power. For if you did…you would have known that Xion, the unicorn of lightening, can beat Ifrit in ONE strike!”
 
“Whoa…go Yunie!” Jou shouted with a grin on his face.
 
“Also…you would have found out that I have been wearing down Ifrit…Making him five times more vulnerable to Xion's ultimate attack…Thor's Hammer!”
 
The great unicorn like beast bucked wildly and bobbed its head as if to agree with Yunie. The beast bowed its head causing it's now glowing horn to aim for Ifrit. Like a laser, the glowing light headed straight for Ifrit, knocking the fire Aeon down. The Aeon disappeared into a bunch of glowing lights.
 
“Well done, Summoner.” Shadi said. “It seems that you are indeed ready…but are your guardians ready?”
 
“What do you mean?” She asked.
 
“Are your guardians willing to destroy their friend for the sake of the world?” He asked.
 
Yugi's eyes widened. “You can't mean…Tea? We…we have to HURT her?”
 
“She will try to hurt your Summoner…and it is the guardian's job to protect the summoner…under no circumstances must the summoner fail.”
 
“I take it this means we're heading toward Tea's territory…” Jou replied then sighed. “It was going to happen sooner or later Yug…Besides, dat bitch called me bad names!”
 
“But still she was a friend!” Yugi shouted. “I think she still could be…”
 
“Can we go already?” Bakura barked out. “Or do you all particularly like being RAINED on!?”
 
Shadi stared long and hard at the group before him… “Head for Juubon…your journey continues there…but fair warning, the trials you are about to see…are not for the faint of heart…” He started to walk away.
 
“Shadi wait!” Yugi shouted. “Is there anyway we can break the spell that Seymour put on Tea? There has to be!!”
 
“Seymour's magic is older than that of the Pharaoh's Yugi…His magic is far greater than anything you or your friends have ever experienced before. And once he completes his goal…he will be unstoppable. I wish you luck Yugi…” With that he vanished.
 
The group trudged on through the rain…the rain didn't seem to let up until it became night, giving the group a chance at getting dry. They each took intervals watching a fire burn, thanks to one of Yami's magic cards…but something wasn't right…
 
During his shift, Yami looked up toward the moon…the night looked like day right now…due to the extreme light emitting from the full moon that hung above…and if one were in tune with magic just as Yami was…they would see eight stars….glowing brightly around the moon…
 
 
I am SOOO SORRY for not updating!!!! Forgive me!!! School comes first!!! I don't know when the next chapter will be up (stupid summer classes) but it WILL be up promise!
 
Next chapter: A Sailor Moment
(If this title doesn't SCREAM something to you…you seriously need bonk your head over a goal post…j/k)