Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Sailor Moment ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I have just realized something…this one will be LONG…there will be much character development here…so guess what? This one has been broken down! many chapters ahead! (grins) I've already gotten two written so expect updates soon!
 
Disclaimers: Yeah, you know…
 
 
Chapter 16
 
A Sailor Moment
 
“I can't believe the moon's so bright! It's like day out here…” Ryou sighed.
 
“Indeed…” Yami replied. “Someone is using powerful magic.”
 
For two days they had walked and day and night seemed to be the same. There was never any darkness due to the moon's bright glow. It seemed that Earth had two suns instead of one.
 
“Well I wish they'd freaking turn it off dammit…” Bakura grumbled.
 
“Maybe they can't…” Marik replied. “They're probably using the energy to fight whatever we're heading for.”
 
Yami turned to Yugi…the boy seemed quiet during the journey…Even Bakura seemed more talkative that the petite duelist.
 
“Whatever it is, we'll stop it! Right guys?” Jou grinned. “Nothin's gonna stop us!”
 
“Sounds like a plan to me!” Honda shouted.
 
“ `Den let's hurry up and get there!” Jou said.
 
Yami looked over to his side again and noticed that Yugi was not there. He looked back and saw that his little Hikari had stopped in the path.
 
“Yugi?” Yami went to his light. “What is wrong?”
 
“I don't think I can do this, Yami…” Yugi choked. “I don't want…I don't want to hurt Anzu…”
 
“Hey Yami, Yug, what's da hold up?” Jou shouted at them.
 
“Yugi has made the decision of not continuing.” Yami replied.
 
“What!? You can't be serious! Yug come on!”
 
“I WILL NOT HURT ANZU!” Yugi shouted through tears. “I don't care what she's done! She's still a friend and I will NOT hurt her!”
 
“We'll have no choice, brat…get over it.” Bakura said.
 
“Then I quit!” Yugi glared.
 
“You can't just quit like that! Hell if the rugrat can do it then hell I quit too!” Bakura crossed his arms. “Your light is weak, Pharaoh.”
 
Yami glared at Bakura. “At least I never hit him…unlike you thief.”
 
“Will you two cut it out already? Your consistent bickering is getting old.” Seto glared.
 
“Guys please…nothing will go right if we fight each other.” Marik said.
 
“Oh like you're one to talk tomb keeper! Last I recall YOU were trying to take over the world!” Bakura said.
 
“So were you.” Marik replied. “But I've changed and believe it or not you have too…for the better it looks like.”
 
“WILL ALL OF YOU PLEASE STOP FIGHTING!?” Came a woman's shout. The group turned to find Yunie glaring at them all. “Geez…you all are worse than my friends back home!” She sighed. “Look…I know we are all testy…it seems like we've been on the road for years and the fact that we're like this in such an early stage isn't good. If you all want to save your world then I suggest you stop thinking about your differences and START WORKING TOGETHER!” She pushed her way through the group and stood before Yugi. She kneeled to his height a placed a hand on his shoulder. “We'll find a way to bring your friend back, Yugi…”
 
Yugi looked up at her. “Really?”
 
Yunie smiled. “I promise…but for now let's not think about it until the time comes to think about it, okay?”
 
Yugi nodded. “Right…Sorry guys…”
 
“No prob Yug.” Jou said.
 
“Yami, Bakura, Seto, Marik…apologize NOW.” Yunie said.
 
“Why the hell do I have to apologize?” Seto shouted.
 
“Just do it, please. So we can all keep our sanity.” Yunie replied.
 
The four men stared at one another and said a small `sorry' to each other and the group continued on their way.
 
Finally, they came to Juubon, and like any other city, it looked run down and deserted…well, almost deserted. For monsters roamed the streets and bodies littered alleyways.
 
“Looks like we've got our work cut out for us guys…” Honda sighed.
 
“Perhaps we should split up again?” Ryou suggested.
 
Before anyone could answer, a loud scream was heard then a bolt of lightening came from the sky.
 
“Someone must still be fighting, come on you guys!” Yugi shouted. “We might be able to save them!”
 
The group headed for the scream and the bits of lights from the sky. Yugi was the first to get there, the group tailing behind him.
 
“Geez Yug, stop running so fast!” Jou breathed out.
 
Yugi grinned nervously. “Uh…sorry?”
 
“Flame Sniper!” Came a woman's shout, a fire arrow headed right for them.
 
“Duck!” The group quickly moved away.
 
Bakura glared. “What the hell is the big idea dammit!?”
 
“Sorry…My senses are unstable…there's so much evil around here…” A woman walked out from the shadows. “Who are you? You should leave now!”
 
Honda's eyes grew wide… “You guys…it's…”
“Sailor Mars!?” Ryou shouted. “But…but!?”
 
The raven hair woman clad in a very short red skirt and tight body suit nodded.
 
“Yes…I am she.” She replied.
 
“Mars!” Another woman, this one with blonde hair, wearing an orange skirt raced over in her orange high heels. “Jupiter needs help now! She can't hold the monster for long!”
 
“Perhaps we can help?” Yunie asked.
 
“You? What could you do?” Sailor Venus asked the group. “All civilians need to leave NOW. We're in a war!”
 
“Venus…I don't think they are civilians…” Mars replied.
 
“What? What do you mean?”
 
Mars walked over and stood in front of Yunie. “You…there's something…strange about you…You…have a strange aura…”
 
“I am called Yunie…I am a Summoner.” Yunie replied with a slight bow. “These are my guardians, Yugi, Yami, Bakura, Ryou, Seto, Marik, Honda, and Jou. We are fighters like you.”
 
“Any help you can offer would help us greatly…this way!” Venus shouted and raced in a direction.
 
“Dude…we're gonna fight with da Sailor Scouts…how cool is dis!!!” Jou grinned.
 
“They're probably just fans…There's not such thing as a sailor scout.” Seto said.
 
“Seito, we're walking around, destroying REAL monsters, Mokuba's an Aeon and protects Yunie…don'tcha think you should believe in ANYTHING at dis point?” Jou asked.
 
“True, but in both cases, I was given proof…I won't believe it until I see it.” Kaiba replied.
 
Venus came to a stop and the others followed.
 
“Is THIS proof enough for you?” She asked towards Kaiba.
 
A battlefield stretched in front of them. Another woman, this one in green was fighting off a monster. Quickly she moved back and held her hands toward the sky.
 
“Oak Evolution!!” The monster was bombarded with razor-sharp petals and wind. The monster howled in defeat and fell to the ground.
 
“Alright fine…you're sailor scouts…” Seito grumbled. “But don't think I'm going to listen to any of you…”
 
“Can any of you heal?” Venus asked the lot, ignoring Seto.
 
“I can…” Yunie replied and stepped forward. “Lead me to whomever needs healing.”
 
“I'll go with her.” Seito replied.
 
“Me too.” Yugi said.
 
“Alright…the rest of us are at your service Sailor Venus.” Yami said.
 
“Very well. Follow me, Mars, take Yugi, Seito and Yunie to the others then report back to Uranus.”
 
Marik watched the three leave…he was reluctant to let Yunie out of his site…somehow the former Pharaoh noticed this.
 
“She will be fine…” Yami told the Egyptian.
 
“I know…I just…” he sighed. “Let's get this over with…”
 
Yami looked at the boy and smiled secretly…he knew what was happening with Marik…
 
“What?” Marik frowned, not liking the look Yami was giving him.
 
“Nothing…Nothing at all…” The spirit replied.
 
 
Next time: A Helping Hand…and a Sibling
 
Read and review please!