Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Helping Hand...and Sibling ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright I admit it…I do not know how to spell Seto's name…so sorry that there are like five ways to spell it in this chapter. (sweatdrops) And Seto MIGHT be a little OOC towards the end…but he can't be a sour face forever…(grins)
 
Disclaimers: Yeah yeah….the usual…
 
Chapter 17
 
A Helping Hand…and a Sibling
 
The first thing that came to the young duelist mind was that there were many, many bodies lying before him. It made him sick…
 
On the other hand, watching Yunie do that weird dance again didn't make him feel any better than he did. That weird dance made his skin crawl…he was sure it did the same to everyone else.
 
Currently they were about a field of the dead, trying their best to find someone alive. Most though, were gone…and it was Yunie's job to see that they never returned.
 
The Sailors before them, Mars and the newly introduced Jupiter stood in awe as the summoner danced with many small glowing lights around her. Of course they would be in shock…it happened the first time the guardians themselves witnessed the spectacle. Now it just creped the hell out of them.
 
“And you said you were who?” Jupiter said.
 
“A summoner…unfortunately…” Yunie sighed. “Where to next?”
 
“Well…for now that's all we had to do…thank you…for…well whatever you just did.” Jupiter replied.
“Call it a chance to keep the enemy count down.” Yunie replied.
“Have you found any survivors besides yourselves?”
 
“Unfortunately no…” A girl with shoulder length hair walked up to them.
 
“Guys, meet Saturn.” Jupiter replied.
 
“Greetings…” the girl replied. “There have been no survivors at this time…at least in this part of the city. The others I believe have been much more fortunate than ourselves.”
 
“Great…so we're stuck counting bodies…” Seto grunted. “Just great…”
 
“Yunie…?” Yugi asked her.
 
“Yes Yugi?” She replied.
 
Yugi sat down on a rock, sighing. “How…how do you do it?” He looked down at the concrete. “how can you…send all those people and not cry about it? I know you cried when Mokuba left but…”
 
Yunie knelt down to Yugi and placed a hand upon his shoulder.
Yugi looked up to her, his innocent eyes boring into hers.
 
 
“I don't cry, because I want my journey to be filled with laughter.” She replied. “No frowning faces…”
 
“I don't want you to die Yunie…” Yugi whispered as tears fell from his eyes.
 
“She's not dying.” Seto walked over, crossed his arms. “Not if I have anything to say about it.”
 
Yunie stood and smiled. “We have more pressing matters to think about right now…” She looked at Yugi. “for now, simply smile…okay?”
 
Yugi gave a small smile. “Okay…I guess…I guess I'll try…”
Then the frowned. “But…I'm not as strong as everybody else…how can I protect you, Yunie? Why am I even a guardian?”
 
“I think I know.” Seto replied.
 
“You? You know?”
 
“Yeah…” Seto stared at him. “You're not here to fight…”
 
“I…I'm not?”
 
“No…” Seto replied. “You're here to make us smile. When we're fighting, we see many horrible things…when we come back, you bounce with so much energy we all have to laugh about it.”
“Wow…Seto, you've changed…” Yugi awed. “You seem more…human…”
 
Seto shrugged. “When your family dies, it gets to you I suppose. I can see why Yami loves you…so…don't think you're here to fight. You're here for support. For all of us.”
 
Yugi nodded. “Alright!” He jumped up to attention and grinned. “I guess I can't slack from my job then!” He raced forward. “Come on guys! I think we can do more good over here!”
 
Yunie laughed. “Alright! We're coming!” She turned to Seto…the guy seemed to have grown up over night…Mokuba agreed with her…
 
“Your brother likes this new you, you know…” She said out loud.
Seto shrugged towards her.
 
“Yeah well, don't get used to it…once this is all over I'm going to get my company back…” He headed in the direction Yugi went. “And don't die anytime soon…Jou would want you at our wedding…and…I do too.”
 
She smiled. “I wouldn't miss it for the world…” She nudged him playfully. “And when are you going to propose?”
 
“Once all of this mess is over of course.” He replied. “No one is to know, got it?”
“Got it, big brother…” She gasped. “Sorry, I didn't mean…I just…”
 
“No, it's okay…” Seto replied with a genuine smile. “I…see you as a sister anyway…And it's not because you're the only way I can speak to my brother…” He stared at her. “You're strong…I admit that…I think I can say that all of us think you as one of the group…don't tell anyone I said that.”
 
She laughed. “My lips are sealed…”
 
Yugi poked his head out from around a building, a pout on his face.
 
“Hurry up you guys! You're such slowpokes!” He shouted.
 
“We're coming! We're coming! Geez!” Seto shouted in annoyance. “He's too hyper for his own good.”
 
“Well…he has to be…for all our sakes…” Yunie replied.
 
“Yeah…I know…come on before he starts bouncing off the walls…and gets himself hurt…that's the last thing that I need is for the stupid Pharaoh to banish me to the Shadow Realm because I let his precious Abiou get a scratch.”
 
Yunie outright laughed. “You know, you can be pretty funny sometimes, Seto…”
Seto grinned.
 
“I know.”