Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ why are you here? ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Don't own it...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rikku spoke as slowly as she could. She kept her eyes on that one student, hoping he wasn't who she thought it was. "My name is...Rik-ku" she said, making it sound like two words.

Every student stared at Rikku, wondering why she spoke so oddly. But right when she spoke her name, that student's head shot up immediately. Rikku gave a silent "yipe" and broke out a small nervous smile. She twiddled her fingers into a "hello" motion at him.

That student was none other than Seto Kaiba. He stared at her maliciously until she took her seat somewhere at the back of the room. Rikku dropped into her seat and let her head fall onto the desktop. Being a bit clumsy she let out a small, "Ow..."

"Stupid Kaiba...GAH!!! Out of all the stupid luck in the WORLD!!! He had to be a student in THIS city, at THIS school, in THIS classroom!!!" she mumbled to herself.

Kaiba was thinking the same thing. "It's that annoying Rikku girl!!! How in the world did she end up HERE?!?!" he thought.

Rikku's rage didn't subside, and neither did Kaiba's. "I swear, I WILL GET HIM BACK!!!" she thought. Rikku smirked and tore out a piece of paper. She scrunched the paper up and threw it at Kaiba's head when the teacher wasn't looking.

Some other students saw what Rikku did, and they wondered what she was up to. The paper ball did hit Kaiba and it caught his attention. His face quickly turned to Rikku. She then replied with a raspberry. The class went on with Rikku throwing all sorts of things at Kaiba.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was their lunch break now. Rikku couldn't go anywhere without looking over her shoulder in case Kaiba would suddenly run up to her and knock her to kingdom come. She finally sat down and thought about what to do about him next.

"Stupid Kaiba...I've never thought about someone THIS much in my life! Even if it is someone I hate! He's so...I don't know, HIM!!!" she thought. "So annoying and such a big meanie!!!"

Then Rikku was grabbed from behind. It was Kaiba. He held her shoulders and turned her over so she'd be facing him. "What is your PROBLEM?!?! You spent half of homeroom throwing things at me!!!" he yelled at her.

"Well, maybe if you weren't so mean, I'd leave you alone then!" she shot back.

Then Kaiba let go and glared with more anger than ever. "I can't let this pip squeak get away with calling me stupid...!" he thought.

Rikku still sat there, glaring back. They were staring like they were last time. Rikku broke the connection this time. "That idiot!" she thought. "I HATE YOU!!!" she yelled and sat up. She thought about kicking him again until she remembered how much it hurt. So instead, Rikku tackled Kaiba to the ground.

Everyone around them was watching now. "What is wrong with you woman?!?!" he shouted. He couldn't get back up with Rikku slapping the heck out of him. She went absolutely berserk. It took a teacher to stop Rikku's futile attempt to strangle Kaiba. When she finally stopped, she stood up, trying to ease her anger.

"I HATE YOU KAIBA!!!" she screamed. "YOU were the one who ruined MY life!!! Because of YOU, I'll be kicked out of my home soon and I won't have any place to go to!!!" she kept yelling. "I HATE YOU!!! YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT THAN MY BROTHER WAS!!!" she screamed some more. Rikku glared at Kaiba, who was trying to get back up from the assault.

After he recovered, the teachers then turned their attention toward Rikku. They sent her to the front office.

She walked there alone. "I can't believe it! What the he** is with me??? That dumb Kaiba did this! If I never met him, this would never have happened..." she kept thinking. From where she beat up Kaiba to the front office, Rikku only thought about how much she hated him. "Who does that brat think he is anyway? I'm Rikku! No one pushes me around without getting something in return! He deserved it!!!" She stomped the rest of the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Another student helped Kaiba get up. He wasn't injured that much, though his face was completely bruised because of Rikku. He sat up, trying to balance himself. Then he shook his head. "That girl is going to PAY!!!" he thought. "Crazy bi-now I'm talking like her!! WHAT is her PROBLEM!!!" he kept thinking.

When their break was over, Kaiba went to class. He had no time to think about Rikku. He had to focus on what was most important. "Easier said than done..." he thought. Then out of nowhere, he suddenly thought about what Rikku said, "You're no different than my brother was...". He didn't know what to think. Rikku was obviously furious, trying to strangle him, but then again, what made her think he wouldn't go doing the same thing?

"These are weak feelings...I have to stop thinking like this. I was taught to be strong, I'm not gonna let some scrawny brat ruin me!" he thought again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rikku sat in the office waiting for someone to come. She sat in a chair, twiddling her thumbs impatiently. Then an old woman walked up to her. She glared down at Rikku.

Rikku noticed her body blocking the lights, so she looked up at her.

"I hear you are a misbehaved student...Rikku," she said sternly.

"Stupid scary old lady..." she thought. Rikku didn't say anything.

"I know you are a new student, but I'm sure you know basic school rules..." she continued to question.

Rikku only stared at the woman's gray stony eyes. She knew not to talk when being lectured by an adult.

"What were you thinking starting a fight with Seto Kaiba?"

Hearing his name made her cross the line. "I don't know..." she finally replied. Rikku looked to the ground now. "He just...he pisses me off!!!" she yelled.

"Language, young lady, how many rules is it that you break in one day?"

"She has no clue...I steal...so that would be what, 5? 6?" she thought. "I'm sorry..." Rikku mumbled reluctantly.

"Well, you better be! We do not tolerate incompetence at this school! Return to your class!!! If this happens again, you won't be let off so easily, got it?!?!" the woman shouted.

Rikku then sat up, and left for class. She mumbled curses about the stern old woman, and then focused her anger at Seto Kaiba again.

A/N: A bit short...erm, was it good? Bad? Review!!!