Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ late night walk ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own anything...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hours passed by until finally, school ended. Rikku was nonetheless, still very angry, though she knew not to ever do anything as stupid as trying to beat Kaiba up anymore. She exited her classroom, staring down at the ground. She was deep in thought until someone ran up to her.

"What happened today during break Rikku?" the boy asked. "I saw the fight...I'm just curious to know what made you do it." He was awfully short for his age, but he seemed like a kind person.

Rikku, already looking downward to begin with, answered, "Why do you care?"

"I don't know...like I said, I was just curious. You know, Kaiba really isn't the guy you should pick fights with."

"And who are you to be saying this to me?"

"Oh, I'm Yugi Muto, we have homeroom together."

"Right," she retorted and walked right passed him without so much as a "farewell" or even a wave goodbye.

He watched Rikku walk away until his friends caught up to him.

"Hey Yuge! What are doing standing here all alone?" one of his friends asked. It was Tristan.

"Yeah, and who or what are you staring at?" another one of his friends questioned. This time, Tea spoke.

"Hey, look there. It's that new girl," Joey said, pointing to Rikku, who continued to walk home. "Ain't she that blonde that beat up Kaiba?" he still spoke.

"Yeah, I saw the fight, someone should really tell her a thing or two about Kaiba..." Yugi finally said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She was angry, but her mistake surprisingly showed her how low she'd gotten. She was a thief, not an assassin. Even though Rikku knew she'd never actually be able to injure Kaiba badly, she still felt bad somehow. Rikku didn't feel like doing her "job" anymore. She just couldn't with so many things going on in her head.

"Gee...I hate him, but every time I actually talk to him, it makes me feel...different. Why am I even thinking this way??? I'm supposed to be stealing like I always did! Why can't I get myself to act normally anymore?!?!" she thought. Rikku just had a conversation about herself, to herself in her mind while she walked home.

She waited at a corner until the cars stopped coming, then crossed the street. "Hmm...I don't know why I feel this way...I gotta stop. But I've never sunk THAT low before! I've never actually started beating some guy up before...WHY NOW???" she kept questioning. Rikku continued to ask herself these questions. "It must be because of that Kaiba...biggest jerk in the whole world!!! But then...why do I think about him so much...?" Rikku stopped right in the middle of the crossing. "There's just something about him that I don't hate..." she let her mind drift, unaware of the car driving right up the crossing.

The car honked several times, but Rikku was too pensive to even hear it. So the driver hit the brakes as soon as he could. He stopped at the right time...any later and he would've hit her. "Hey you crazy girl! What are you doing in the middle of the road? Are you trying to kill yourself or something...???" the driver kept asking.

Then Rikku finally recovered from her short trance. She steered her head right at the screaming driver. Then she was angry again. "Ahh, SHUTTUP YOU!!! SO I TOOK A SHORT BREAK AFTER WALKING FOR AWHILE...IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!!" she yelled back, and left the road before anyone would notice the argument. She could still hear the driver's complaining after she ran off. "Stupid driver!!!" she said to herself after he left. Rikku plopped herself down onto a bench on the sidewalk. She sighed and kept thinking her random thoughts. "Maybe I can let it go...just like the thing about my brother. I never thought about him in awhile...until now that is..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was almost getting dark and Rikku was out on the streets again. She was in her usual pink shirt with green shorts. She decided to take a stroll in the park, just to relax after a whole afternoon of stealing. It was her first time at Domino City's park. She was unfamiliar to the certain area of the city, but there were many people around to ask directions from. Rikku kept walking along the walkway, just freeing her mind of distracting thoughts. She only wanted to think about positive things, not her problems.

After about ten minutes, Rikku decided to sit on a bench near the fountain. She sat with her chin rested on her arms, and her elbows rested on her lap. Rikku didn't think. She didn't want to think. But just when she cleared most of her problems from her mind, the sound of footsteps shattered her blank thoughts. It was just too distracting to not think for Rikku, so she lost her temper again.

The footsteps were too annoying so she finally screamed out, "HEY!!! Do you mind?!?! I'm trying to relax here!!!". Rikku still didn't look at the person. But her eyes quickly widened when she heard the person's voice reply.

"YOU?!!!"

Rikku couldn't bear to look up at the person.

A/N: Another cliffhanger...sorta...though it IS really obvious...ne? I could've made it so you readers would stay questioned, and I would've...but I didn't! Aren't I nice?

Setobsessed: Umm...no?

UltimaWitch: Hey! What are you doing here?

Setobsessed: To bug you.

UltimaWitch: -_-;; What now...?

Setobsessed: YOU STOLE MY FIC!!! NOW YOU WILL DIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!

UltimaWitch: ...YOU let me finish it...

Setobsessed: Oh yeah, huh? Well, I can still bug you!

UltimaWitch: GAAH!! NO!

(Then we both get into another crazy conversation that seems more like a nowhere argument...NOT!)