Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ where's seto kaiba? ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For the next few days, Rikku stayed around Kaiba's mansion without anything to do. Everyday, there would be a maid to attend her every needs. Rikku began to find herself liking the house.

Rikku was very bored. She missed her new friends, Yugi and the gang. She wanted to go back very much, but apparently, her legs and arms were still hurt from the fight.

Rikku didn't see anyone in the morning. In the afternoon, she would play with Mokuba until night. Mokuba, obviously, had school in the morning and couldn't come home until 3:00. As for Kaiba, surprisingly, she never saw him at all.

'I wonder where he is' she said quietly to herself. Mokuba was playing on his video game while Rikku sat next to him, watching the young boy. Suddenly, she snapped.

'Why am I thinking about that jerk?' She hit her head. ' I should be glad that I didn't see him. After all, all he did was annoyed the hell out of me!'

Rikku couldn't believe that she would even be thinking about Kaiba.

'What's wrong with me? Why am I thinking about him?' she hit her head again.

Frustrated, Rikku asked Mokuba of the where about of his brother.

"Mokuba, where's Kaiba?"

"What?" the young boy paused the video game " oh, he's at work."

"Oh.." Rikku was disappointed. She was hoping that there would be another answer, maybe a one where Kaiba was scare of her and stayed away, instead of work. She didn't know why she wanted another answer.

'Maybe I wanted to feel special' she told herself. She like to be the first one to scare Kaiba, instead of him intimidated her.

Rikku began to be confused again. At first, she would die rather than to spend a minute with Kaiba. Now… she felt… well… she missed him.

'What am I thinking? Of course, I don't miss him!' she reassured herself.

Later, Rikku played duel monsters with Mokuba, only to had him beaten her over and over.

"No fair! You cheated!" Rikku yelled at the boy.

"What? I won fair and square!" Mokuba stuck his tongue out.

Rikku laughed at the cuteness Mokuba displayed. " All right, you win…"

The two laughed with each other.

" Man, you're very good!" Rikku congratulated the boy

"Yeah, but not as good as my big brother. He's the best!" Mokuba exclaimed

"Really?" Rikku didn't know that part about Kaiba. Well, she wasn't the one who pay attention to any news anyway.

"Yeah, he's the champ! The only ones who ever beaten him was Yugi and… " the boy was silent

"What's wrong?" Rikku felt Mokuba uneasiness.

"Oh, nothing…" Mokuba shrugged his shoulder.

"Oh come one, who had beaten your big brother?" she pleaded, imitating Mokubas' puppy eyes.

"No…it's just that…" Mokuba led out a sigh " My big brother was beaten by his arch enemy… Pegasus"

" What about Pegasus?" Rikku was getting interested. Kaiba didn't seem to be the type who got beaten.

" He was the one who kidnapped me and forced Seto to duel him! He tried to take over my brother's company and kill Seto" Mokuba was crying now

Rikku was shocked. She didn't know that Mokuba and Kaiba knew such people like that. Now, comparing her life to the brothers, they had it much worse than her.

Rikku hugged the little boy close. She wanted to comfort him.

"I hate Pegasus…" each of Mokuba words were filled with tears " He wanted to kill Seto… and… my big brother….was captured…if it wasn't for Yugi… he would've been dead…" Mokuba couldn't control his tears anymore.

"there there " Rikku let the boy cried on her "… it's going to be alright.."

Mokuba pulled himself away from her " NO it's not! Rikku, you don't know it but I can see how much it hurts for him! He wasn't the defeated one! He always tried to be the best! Dueling was all he knew! Now, he seemed to have stopped dueling!… and those bastards at the company, they tried to use that advantage to their own selfish needs!"

"What? I don't understand!" Rikku wanted Mokuba to explain to her about the life of her enemy.

"After Pegasus…" Mokuba stopped crying " his executives tried to kill him by tricking him into playing a dueling game. They cheated so that he wouldn't survive… if Yugi didn't help, Kaiba would die… and I would've been alone"

Rikku didn't know what to say to comfort her friend anymore. She felt sorry for Mokuba… and Kaiba. Although he's her enemy, she couldn't help but wishing the best for him.

They sat there in silent for a while until a click on the door was heard. Kaiba's home. Mokuba wiped the tears off his eyes and walked to greet his brother, after asking her for a favor.

"Rikku, can you please not tell Seto what we'd just discuss about? He didn't like to tell other people about our problems. I told you because you're my best friend, but even I can't stop my brother's wrath. "

"Okay" Rikku smiled at the boy….

------------

An: bad? Good? Review