Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ you're lying ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: okay, some people told me that the pace of this fic is kinda slow. I had a reason for that. I view kaiba as very antisocial (come one, yugi was so nice to him and he didn't even open up until like the end of the Battle Cities season (like 100 something episode), and it was not that much of an open up). I don't think that by hitting Kaiba or acting mean to him is going to help either. He needs someone like Isis Ishtar (she seemed to know a lot about him and his past and trusted him enough to give him her Obelisk card, but she wouldn't fit with him because she's older ). She's more of a big sister who understand everything. So, I'll will develop a more 'matured' side of Rikku, while still keeping that innocent side of her. AND i'll quicken the pace up…don't worry.

One more thing. I forgot to do the disclaimers on like what, How many chapter? So, this goes for the whole fic : don't own them!

-----------------------------------

Rikku was about to go home until she was stopped by a loud cry. It was from Mokuba. (sorry, I know you want Kaiba to spy on her but he's not going to be here. He's…somewhere in I-want-to-die-la-la land)

"Rikku!" the young boy hollered "Stop!"

Rikku turned around and ran up to Mokuba. Mokuba was calling to her with tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"Please…you got to help me!" Mokuba begged, " it's my big brother…" Mokuba cried some more.

Rikku hugged the boy tightly, "it's okay…it's all right…" she comforted him " now please tell me what's wrong…"

Mokuba told her between tears " it' Seto. He hurt himself…again…he had been taken to the hospital but the people there wouldn't let me go… they said I had to stay with a nanny…I don't know what to do…please take me there… no one would listen to me… they kept on saying that it was better if I stayed at home… I searched every where for you… I don't know who else to turn to"

Rikku took in the information. She was surprised and worried at the same time. She was worried for mokuba… and Kaiba. However, she quickly putted herself together and took charge.

"It's okay…I'll take you!" she assured the boy. Mokuba eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Rikku nodded.

The two got to the hospital quickly, simply because they took one of Kaiba's car and they knew exactly where he is. Mokuba ran ahead of her to the front desk. However, he was too short to be noticed by the workers there so he had to wait for Rikku. Later, she caught up with him.

"Excuse me," Rikku said to one of the worker, " can you show me where Seto Kaiba's right now?"

At first, the workers ignored her as if she was not there. She had to wait a bit for them to finish whatever stuff they were doing.

"Name?" one of the worker asked.

"Rikku" she replied quickly.

"Who were you searching for again?"

"Seto Kaiba"

"Seto Kaiba?" all of their eyes widens, " The Seto Kaiba?" they asked her again.

"uh…OF COURSE! WHO'S ELSE?" Rikku snapped. She was mad at them for making her wait, and asking her stupid questions. She didn't want to waste any time while searching for Kaiba.

The workers shot her a glare while they went to get the info on where Kaiba was. It didn't take long. However, they were slow in giving the info to her.

" He's in room 255.." the told her coldly.

Rikku didn't want to argue with them. Her mind was fully on getting Mokuba to his brother. Normally, whoever treated her like that would get a piece of her mind, but now she didn't care.

They both found the room quickly. However, Mokuba asked her to let him go in first. He wanted to talk to Seto alone. Rikku agreed. She rather wait outside anyway. She knew that Kaiba had a bad temper when he's okay, she didn't want to find out how he acted when he's injured. Normally, sick people had bad temper, so she rather stayed away from him a bit.

------------

Kaiba was lying on his bed and was surprised to see Mokuba entered the room. He wasn't expecting anyone, especially his little brother. He didn't want to have Mokuba see him in this condition.

"Big brother?" Mokuba looked at Seto, " how are you?" the young boy tried to hold back his tears.

Kaiba looked at Mokuba and felt a stab of guilt. He didn't want to be the reason for Mokuba sadness. Yet, his life hadn't been completely nice for him to always be strong for Mokuba. He knew that he's fallen apart and it was hard for him to get back on his feet. After facing so many competitions, back-stabbing, betrayal, works, and the expectation of the world for him to get KaibaCorp to the top, Kaiba found it hard to stay around Mokuba and be happy for him. He didn't want to load the burden upon his innocent brother. 'no' he once told himself, ' Mokuba's young. Let him enjoy life while he can.' So instead, he had to regain his strength and worked his problems out all by himself. Sometime, when stress took hold of him, he would hurt himself. However, most of the time, it was done in private and he would clean up the blood to keep it from Mokuba afterward. Only this time was he messed up and found himself in the hospital. Kaiba cursed at himself for being so clumsy this time.

"I'm okay Mokuba" Seto forced a smile. Mokuba hugged him tightly. They held each other for a while until Mokuba released him.

"Big brother? What happened? Why did you hurt yourself?" Mokuba asked.

Kaiba winced at the questions. He didn't want Mokuba to find out what he'd been doing all those working nights.

"Oh, it's nothing. I didn't hurt myself." he lied," it was an accident"

Mokubs said nothing for a while. Then, he just suddenly cried out " NO! You're Lying! I know what happened!" he sobbed, " I just wanted you to tell me the truth…."

With that, Mokuba ran out of the room, leaving Kaiba speechless.

------------------

Rikku was outside waiting when she saw Mokuba ran out. She ran to catch up with him, but only to have the little boy told her to get away. She watched as Mokuba ran away.

'Kaiba'. She suddenly found herself getting angry with the CEO. 'What did you do to Mokuba?'

She decided to give Kaiba a piece of her mind. Although she was still afraid, she couldn't stand by and watched Kaiba hurting everyone she cares about.

She knocked on the door of the duelist.

"Who is it?" his voice rang out.

"It's Rikku!" she replied and entered the room without his permission, " we need to talk…"

=========================