Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ what's wrong with you? ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Seto stared straight at Rikku, "go away!" he ordered.

Rikku defied his command, " No! I'm not leaving until you change the way you act!"

Kaiba sighed. He wanted every one to leave him alone. Yet, so far, things went the opposite way.

'God kill me now' he muttered under his breath.

"What's wrong with you?" Rikku asked, " why did you make Mokuba cry?"

Kaiba didn't replied.

"I don't get it," Rikku continued," this was the first time that I saw Mokuba cried because of you. What had happened in here?"

"He found out the truth…" Kaiba said coldly.

"What truth?"

"None of your business!" Kaiba stormed, " Why are you meddling in my affair anyway?" he yelled

Rikku was shocked over his sudden reaction. However, she tried her best to pull together. Inside, she wanted to scream, to run away.

'No!' she silently reminded herself, 'I'm through with running away!'

Rikku just stood there, stunned. Kaiba looked at her. For a moment, he felt sorry for yelling at her.

'NO! It's not my fault she decided to poke into my business. She should've know that I would hurt her!' he defended himself.

"Please leave now…." Kaiba told her. He didn't want to hurt her, but he knew that if she stayed, she would ended up just like Mokuba.

"No! I'm staying for Mokuba's sake! I'm not gonna run away!" She stated.

Kaiba didn't say anything.

Rikku continued, "I don't get it! Mokuba cares a lot about you! He told me that you're the best brother ever! Moreover, I can even see it whenever you two are together. Yet, you never show that good side of yours to the world… Why?"

Kaiba still didn't replied. Rikku got up, " I hope that you're happy…" she looked at him. Kaiba didn't look like the commanding CEO, the tough, cold-hearted duelist anymore. His face was full of sadness, full of regrets…

Rikku felt sorry for him. She never thought that one day she would wanted to help him. Yet, that day had come.

"Pushing people away isn't going to make your life happy, you know…" she simply stated, not expecting any response.

Kaiba scoffed, " and you think that having people close to you is better?" he asked sarcastically.

Rikku didn't get what Kaiba meant. She always thought that everyone wanted someone to be close to. Yet, here in front of her stood an exception. 'Why wouldn't it be better?' she asked herself,' to have someone to help pick you up when you're down is the best.'

"Of course!" Rikku answered, " having someone to help you is a beautiful thing."

Kaiba laughed," help? I'm sorry but that is one concept I don't believe in. People don't help other unless they get something in return…Don't you see? There's no such thing as *shining friendship*!"

"You're wrong!" she answered. " Kaiba, did you ever had any friends?" She asked.

"You mean the ones who only stayed around me because of my money? Yeah I have lots of them." He answered bitterly.

"Then they're not your friends!"

Kaiba didn't say anything. Rikku was beginning to get nervous of his silence.

'No wonder he was so cold to everyone. The people around him only want to take advantage of him' Rikku said quietly to herself.

"Kaiba…" Rikku began, "let me be your friend…let me show you the wonderful thing about life"

Rikku tried to hug him. He pushed her away, "what's in it for you being my friend? Money? power?"

Rikku was hurt. All she wanted was to help him. She couldn't believe that he could even think that about her.

Tears fell down on her face. She wanted to stop crying, but found it was useless to even try.

Kaiba sigh. He didn't mean to hurt her again, but it was too hard for him to comprehend this new idea. He found that it was easier just to push people away then to let them be close. Therefore, he did what he thought was best, best for him, best for Mokuba, best for everyone.

"NO!" a voice rang out. It was from Mokuba. The little boy was standing at the door, "She didn't want to be friend with you because of your money or power!" Mokuba declared.

Seto turned to look at his little brother who were standing by the door. Tears were still on the little boy's face.

"Seto…" Mokuba began, " Rikku really liked you. She always asked about you when you're not around. And when you're in emergency room, I found her in a park saying out loud that she wanted to be your friend. Big brother… don't you see? She's not like everyone else. She didn't want to hurt us…" Mokuba finished his sentence.

Kaiba looked at Rikku.

'could it be that she really wanted to help me? after all, mokuba never lie…'

"Kaiba…" Rikku cut his thought, " I'm sorry that I was so mean to you back then. I'm sorry for attacking you when you helped me. I'm sorry for screaming instead of thanking you when you saved me so many times. I didn't mean anything by it..." She looked at his face.

Kaiba looked at her. Her eyes told him that she was telling the truth. What amazed him even more was that she was saying sorry to him, instead of him saying sorry to her. He felt so bad for hurting her now.

"I'm sorry too…" He said. This was the first time that Kaiba ever said sorry to anyone who is not Mokuba. Kaiba felt weird saying the word.

Rikku smiled as tears rolled down. However, the tears were not of sadness. This time, she cried because she was happy, fully happy.

She jumped up and hugged him. This time, he didn't push her away. This time, he awkwardly wrapped his arm around her. Kaiba felt his cheek blushed as he held her close. He smiled. He never thought that he would hug anyone, with the exception of Mokuba, but today, he hugged her. He hugged his enemy.

Rikku suddenly felt weird hugging him. She felt as if she was giggling childishly inside. She had never hugged someone and felt this way.

Rikku released him after a while. Both looked at each other and realized that their faces were red. Rikku pulled away, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry…" she clumsily said. She didn't know what she was saying sorry for. Heck, she didn't even know why she was blushing.

The two were in uncomfortable situation. They didn't know what to say to each other and now they're trying their best to hide their faces.

"Oops……" Mokuba smirked, " looks like you two need to be alone…" Mokuba laughed.

The two former-enemy faces reddened.

"Mokuba!" Rikku screamed as she chased him around the room. Kaiba would've helped her if his body weren't so hurt.

AN: well. Another chp. Oh yeah. Also, a word to Tila who emailed and asked me to write a seto/anzu fic. I'm sorry but I cannot do it. Why?I didn't like anzu/tea very much after she said kaiba has no heart. (I think that was a very mean thing to say… so no tea) Tea is actually in love with yami (later episodes anyway. I felt sorry for yugi because yugi like her too.) Too lazy.

Well, those are my reasons. Review.